(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

edj: yala..jus nw i jus leave her in e room for less than 1min...i came back she is gone...n found her in my SIL room..happily sittin on top on the spining chair playing with a pencil...faint..

edj,

PD couldnt confirm but mentioned that it could be due to cow milk. I still let him drink cow milk instead of soy. Now his ezcema is better already, can say almost recovered...till now i dare not give him other diary products incase the ezcema comes back.

ow mummy,

ic.. then for the patches, do you just ignore them when they occur? or is there a fast remedy?

Hi Pravina, I'll be attending the bash my with bb. hb not free to go. BTw, where's yr condo ar? missed those previous posts.

Cal: my bb oso dun take milk so I have been giving her cheese and yogurt..like what ow_mum said, now that they're 1, it's much easier..somtimes I give her babybel (those that have 5 in a net) I usu buy different flavours and cut into 12 pieces (like cut cake cos it's hard) den like feed her...she doesn't like laughing cow though..I have given her occasionally the adult kraft cheese as well, but I get those hi calcium type. For yogurt, now that she's 1, I give her the yoplait,the small one with 6 in a packaging..they have different flavours. I tried giving her the plain Paul's yogurt but she spit it out..haiz..

Ow_mum: My darling also must eat porridge separated from ingredients wan..she likes those teochew porridge and we realise she no longer like those sticky type..must be watery wan..

Yvonne: I oso find it hard to discipline kaylene..she is reali naughty..they understand what we are saying definitely but she won't listen...she's always throwing things..when she's done drinking water, she throws it on the floor too and when she's on the high chair, she throws watever that's on the table that's within her reach after playing for a while..and she'll go 'orh..orh' non-stop till you pick the stuff up..buay tahan...

Eunice: hope your girl's better..tink the weather's really causing alot of bb to fall sick..I myself just recovered after being sick for 1 wk too...

Any mummies free this wkend? hb's bz so I gota find my own programme with bb..

Owmummy,

wah she climbed up the chair all by herself without falling?????? amazing lei...
happy.gif

yeah loh..now that they r 1 and learning how to walk (some prob already walking) its so hard to leave them alone...very busy lei...

Eunice,

Remember to sponge her well and check her temp regularly...

last 2 nites was nightmare for me also..woke up every 30 mn to take his temp...luckily the whole day today he seems okay...fingers crossed...hope he will fine..

rin
thanks. glad u r feeling better already =)

edj
she hates to be sponged. she also hates the cooling pad. she was sleeping when i put it on her n she immediately woke up n tried to pull it off. i m planning to wake up every half hr to take her temp too. just wondering, issit too much huh cos the thermometer makes a "teh" sound right? will taking to many times hurt their eardrums?? im using the braun one... i just gave her ibuprofen cos temp exceeded 38.5 =( was hoping will stay below 38..sigh. hope edj recovers soon too!!

chocz:
ya ya...shaking her head when she sees the bottle...same as mine. if not use her hand to hold teat.
sad.gif

Re: cheese
i found most of the cheese got salt...is it ok for them? din know got those baby kind.

Re: porridge/meat
my gal sometimes prefer rice with soup separate.
and she prefer meat more than fish.

Rin & Yvonne:
My bernice can be close friend with your kaylene and raynie. is the same kind of bb!
at high chair, dun mention abt she get bored of the toy and throw..but the fact when we pass her a toy...she dun like...she will STILL take from us...and then throw on the floor.

even when she is full dun wan anymore food...she will still hum the food from the spoon we feed her...then immediately let her tongue down to let the food drop from the tongue.
really buay tahan.

eunice:
dun be too worry...branu will be higher than mouth temp or airpit temp.
let me know if u need samboccal...since we stay so near.

cal
thanks so much for the offer. samboccal sounds familiar...wat is it for?
im currently giving her ibuprofen. hopefully it'll work n i dun hv to alternate it with paracetamol. i really scared of overdosing =((
when doc said the temp, she din mention using what leh...

kiston: doc says that chelsey's patches is one kind of ezcema but nt serious one as it comes n goes wen i apply aloe vera on it its goes off quite fast.. so he say no need to give me those meds to apply...

Edj: yes she is climbing real high now.. she treat the living room sofa sets as playgporund..she will climb from here to another... faint.. n she will even climb up to kitchen table...but she nv fall la.. tts e smart part hhaa..she is v cautious with e way she goes up n come down...

eunice:

PingPing (pingping)
Intermediate Member
Username: pingping

Post Number: 2212
Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 11:55 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sambucol is good for fever. My son took it when he has high fever, and it help to bring down the fever as it boost immune system. Good for viral fever only. Bacterial fever has to take antibiotics.

Read this:

http://www.vitakids.biz/shop/product_view.asp?id=1446&StoreID=90947917688E4F3FA58839EEF7E6FC03&private_product=0

ow_mummy, chelsey is so clever leh! Must ask her teach Jovan how to climb up and down without falling loh! I always find him with blue blacks on his limbs.. arms.. and now ears!!

Finally back at work from course to discover my boss actually suspect I join them solely to earn the ML and ML pay leh. No wonder he kept giving me shit after I came back to work. Talk about prejudice against woman at work... I wish I had taped that conversation down man!

RE: Robinsons sale
Was there yesterday evening. Not much crowd!
It's soooo much betta than Isetan Pte Sales! More discounts too. It's time to apply for their card!

Edj, wah seh really not much porridge left leh.. lucky I managed to reserve some. ;)

RE: SQ customer service
Krisflyer C'm service depends on the "quality" of the staff. Those who can do partner airlines booking are really good! Those who do not have the power are simply useless and quote everything from their book.

If SQ is bad.. guess what I got from UA?
They told me I can only bring 100ml of breastmilk on board the plane and they do not provide baby food. Quoting it's their regulation and I should bring formula on board instead!

But.. i checked their website and it says baby food such as breast milk do not have such restrictions loh... sigh.. super poorly trained man! Imagine baby with 100ml MILK and no food for a 24hrs flight? Crazy woman!

Btw, toy r us in United Sq having a really good sale!
Okiedog scooter going for only $20.. usu abt $80 i think... Train sets etc going for $10 leh! Crayon, marker, colour pencils set under disney CAR is going for only $4!!!
I am not sure what is left... but good to check out if you are in the vicinity!
happy.gif

Babymummy,

yeah loh...coz the sale really quite good...did u get the $5voucher also...

so u managed to get more off the shelf?

it was a pity i coulndt go myself..sigh...could have bought more stuff...hope next round will come soon..hehe..

btw, your boss is atrocious...can go to HR to report him for discrimination lei..

edj u still awake ah?? must rest well yourself too k!
The last time round Jovan has diarrhoea for the whole month.. nightmare for me too.. cleaning his poo and pacifying him coz he can't sleep coz of tummy pain!!

edj, i also think so leh.
In fact, I am super pissed off today. So came in here to rant rant loh. I've worked for 1.5yrs alr leh.. now then raise issue.. if there is a problem, then don't hire me at all in the first place mah!!!

next time round, we just reserve a basket first.. then go on the actual day to make the purchase. More fun and sure won't miss out on the good deals. keke
Actually I don't have the robinsons card leh!! But I went with my SIL!! And we use her voucher!
happy.gif

oh yes, I managed to get another 2 pkts of the 2x60g with rice and potato i think. So they did replenish but the variety is really limited.

Hey I was checking out the baby food in diapers.com I think u can order from there. USD49 for FOC shipping!! I like the earth best, sprout baby, gerber etc collection! Lots of organics choices too!!

Bb_Mummy: Ya.. your boss really very mean to think that way...

Cant imagine all these airlines service are soo.. bad... nowadays... especially BA and Garuda.. haiz.. really terrible..

Btw, Robinsons Sale only valid yesterday for members. Went to Robsinsons today. Everything back to normal. No discounts nothing..

EDJ, i think u asked abt the AA membership right? It is the automobile association membership. Usu can get discount from hertz etc worldwide. I just checked my reservation, 20% discount with AA member and infant car seat is FOC ah... so I won't be bringing my car seat bah. :p

eviangal, yup only for members!!

Ya loh.. those single man and woman always got this problem one lah...
Nowadays I go home.. Jovan will be so happy to see me.. will smile with all his pearlies!! So cute! Makes me forget such unpleasant incidents loh. What matters most is he is growing up well, healthy and is a happy baby!

Would a man who openly declared he is in a OPEN RELATIONSHIP understand? I doubt so!!

Baby mummy: Dun be upset lor...there are tons of these type of ppl ard even in education industry lor.

In my school, my senior management (super scale one hor, married mummy with 3 grown up children) openly told everyone during staff retreat that pregnant women are "THREATS" to a school's deployment. When she said it, there were 3 pregnant mummies there hor...and best part is, principal never stop her...

Catherine.. that's quite horrible too!!
Sigh.. their actions is so totally not in line with the government's encouragement hor???

mummies,

my bb j oso kana fever over the pass 2 days....wif me oso falling sick be4 him.....all the virus spreading here n there.....

eunice,
j oso don like to be sponge / use the gel pad....for the gel pad, if direct from fridge is very cold, i find tat if i leave it in rm temp be4 pasting on J's forehead, he is more acceptable.

wat my colleage find it effective for her girl:
she buy the cold gel pad like their pillow size, freeze it, and when want to se, wrap it 2 layers with dry towel cloth, and let her bb sleep on the gel pad, + with the water pad for her to sleep on........she say vewry effective in bring down the fever...........i have try it thou cos i need to go n find the pillow size cold gel pack.

re: bb climbing p n down the sofa

mummies,
my BIL once told me must teach them how to get down the sofa so that they can come down by themselves properly in case we are nt ard to see.....

i teach J once or twice n he can pick up, now he comes down himself quite steadily.
at 1st, teach them by moving their body and gUide them how to tUrn their body so that their backside shd be coming down 1st. then teach them wat it means by "slowly" coming down. got to leave your hands (but stay real near to catch them in case) so that they can feel the "speed" when they are moving down. be4 they move down, always tell them "backside down 1st" and "slowly".

hope its effective for u all too....

SH: Thanks for the info on the gel pad. I think I better bring one along with me during my trip. Need to go and stock up Val's medication from the GP this weekend too.

Any idea if we can give babies flu jab? Wondering if it is necessary.

Catherine: I am surprised even in the education industry, there are such discrimination over pregnant woman.. One moment the government is encouraging more births, the next moment, they discourage pregnancy within their own work premises....

John little exit sale @ Orchard: Mummies who missed the robinson sale can check out the john little exit sale next door. I bought 2 lock n lock containers there at 20% discount. Gona use it to store my formula to bring to Japan (good suggestion by Joie).. Cos the formula tin is not secure. Lock n lock can store the formula securely.. Storewide having at least 20% off most items. Others have bigger discounts.. But of course, its a small place la.. so dont expect too much either...

Mummies - take care too. It's very exhausting to take care of babies when they are ill.

Babies n mummies must take more water during this period.

Babymummy,

last night after i posted in the forum, i went to sleep straight...
happy.gif

Thanks for your concern...

yeah next time robinsons sale must go and just reserve first...on the day of sale just go down and pay...good idea...

re: online shopping...i will go and check it out now..thanks for the info..

re: AA..wah so good ah FOC for car seat???mine, they are charging USD13 per day...imagine gotto pay $130 for my trip....

chocz: my gal drank less than 150ml per day for milk. but she prefer solid food...especially what we eat.

I checked with docs...all told me is okie...just let them be... but her wt stagnant since last yr nov.. 8kg+ till now still 8kg+ for 1 yr old bb.
sad.gif

so now i getting so mltvit for her cos i think solid food is not tat nurition as milk especially where to get calcium and DHA...sigh

Catherine:
my sch VP is like tat also...sigh

SH: ya..i tot chelsey that when she is bout 2mths plus..haha...so she is quite steady now..she will always put her leg dwn to test if she can touch the ground..if nt..she will try to go down slowly...haha

Joie,

the last time when u ordered from sproutbaby...u ordered every item 12packs ah? they all seem to come in 12packs..how to order? cant have variety lei..if u want variety u will end up with lots of food pouches then

Gallop,

how is the pampers in US? the same as in sg?
i am thinking of buying there but scared diff then if keep leaking i will have a problem...
happy.gif

babymummy,

have u orderd from diaper.com before? i am thinking of ordering lei..but dont know how to order the food wise...coz all come in a pack of 12..so many lei..

edj, i ordered directly via email from the founder of sproutbaby after I emailed him and told him I wanted to mix and match - so he will let me mix and match what I want.. if you want. I can put you in touch

It's a good deal to order now cos onlu USD0.99 per pouch. Valid for 24hrs.. PM me if you need his email.

Huggies fan

There is a new promo by Huggies now. They having this hugtown gift redemption program. Problem is they came up with a new code system. They dont reply on huggies points nor bar codes anymore. =(
I have been collecting those...

Its call the hugtown stamp. You need to collect the stamps to get free gifts like Vtech toys, mothercare rompers, etc.

Can refer to huggies website for more info.

Rin n Owmum,

i don't mind sat outing as well, i m usually by myself on sat cos hubby give tuition from 11am to 2pm..
now got to learn to be more independent in bringing bb out, cannot depend on hubby all the time, if not, will be confined at home most of the weekends..

edj, yes I ordered from diapers.com regularly.
Very fast delivery and trusted too.
If it's your first time, you get 10% off!!

Joie can share contacts with me too? I'l PM u.

Gallop, I also have the same qn as EDJ. Which diapers is the same as our range of pampers ah? I notice their pull ups is diff leh... more for bigger tod hor?

EDJ, dun bother to bring diapers lah! So bulky!! Order and deposit in hotel maybe? Coz I went sydney last year and tried the pampers there.. it is even more superior than SG ones!! keke of coz more ex too!

Users of nepia diapers, the 10stamps exchange for a $10 voucher is back!!!

Owmum,

at 2 mths! so fast tell her arh......

ya, they testing part is very cute n funny.... sometimes, J will chicken out n climb back up if he feels "how come so long still havent touch the ground…." hhahaha

edj, maybe they charge a more expensive car rental hence car seat is foc? :p

AA membership only comes with 20% discount lah.. but i think its good enuff!!

How is the packing??? It's 1 may tmr!!

babymummy,

the stuff there not bad..quite cheap also lei..intend to order happy baby products also...they have $10 off and 10% discount...but cant lug back too many things lah..what a pity...

hihi mummies,
long time no log in liao, busy with bb!! he just recovered from flu and cough and now both hand got red patches...faintz! not sure if i can still attend the bash!!

already seen few pds and dermatoglist but still not cured!! all just said ezcema!! today brought him to TCM and doc said its allergy, cannot eat possesed food!! he prescribed 2 oral med (zytrec and the other forget name liao) and ask to change Similac to Comidagen!

i really dont want him to take the oral med lo. any mummies got similar experience??

ow_mummy: i also tried aloe vera le

edj, yup! Cheapest i think...
I am still thinking how to make myself pass off as a new customer to enjoy the 10% discount! hahahahha

Can lah... lug back and ask hb to carry! Cheaper than shipping via vpost back leh.

My hb not coming back with me leh.. so I think I am going to pass most of the stuff to him to lug back.. esp he is on biz class!!

babymummy,

so nice...can ask hubby to lug back...my husband will make alot of noise loh...some more he is going to bring along his golf bag so i dont think so lah...eh..any idea if the things shd just buy online or at the departmental store there? which is cheaper ah?

<font color="119911">Anyone wanna have lunch next tue?? Maybe can go Vivocity, after dat wanna go toys r us.

Re: Lunch at Vivocity
Date: 4 May 2010, Tuesday
Time: 12pm

1. Kris
2. Pei?
3. Ow-mum?
4. Audrey?
8.</font>

just back from expo baby fair,

Huggies selling price as follows. not sure if its cheap cos I'm not using huggies. FYI if you are interested.

dry comfort: 18 for one or 35 for two
dry: 17.90 for one or 35.50 for two
ultra 16 for one or 30 for two.

Back