(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="aa00aa">Powerball, Overall,no "fatal" errors on her part,I just think she is not so suitable to work in my family.Just 2 eg for you,I'd like a more cheerful and responsive ,one who is willing to communicate with me and feedback to me about what is going on during the hours I'm at work.This maid will only respond 1 sentence ... See moreout of the 10 questions you ask her!And that sentence is answered by me and she'll just go "yah" .And the last time I found out that she lied in my face (with a straight unassuming face) after asking her many times about something.Since then, the trust is gone.I just couldnt seem to believe her anymore even if she assured that she did/did not do something</font>

<font color="ff6000"> Pravina,I will pass you purple colour and take orange since Pat no longer comes in ;)

pumkinseed,I am SO SO SO in! I wanna buy the pasta/rice cooker attachment for Babycook!I have to cook the pasta every weekend stirring over fire,too time consuming and have to bear with Baby J shouting for my attention!And my maid leaving this sat!! </font>

<font color="ff6000">Regarding Tiger food Jar, La gourmet thermal pot, Actually I think both can do the trick (without using stove) jsut that some SA dun really know the function as it is not stated in the instructions manual. These are really unorthodox method tried and tested by other users
I have both but no chance to try them out without cooking so I dont dare to make a comment but really heard many many people saying they can!</font>

Gah! Also having maid issues and i don't fave family network so bb is with maid alone, thus think need to stay home and take care la, ony reason i didnt do it earlier is that im under a bond. sigh.

anyways, Rose, have u found a good maid or even a good agent?

<font color="119911">eviangal,
im away frm 2 - 5 mar. 12 mar meet up is a better day for me. mayb we can go paragon for lunch, den can go toysrus to shop.</font>

Kris,

yeah i was looking for u ytd..was going to ask about the tiger jar...but Pseed and Rose have explained it...
happy.gif

Rose,

who told u that if we use boiling water will be heaty?is it true?

<font color="ff6000">edj,not I say one.And I've never heard of it before.Even if it is true,you arent going to use boiling water all the time ,i suppose it is still ok</font>

<font color="ff6000">pinkypink, I will go back to my agent later on to ask if I can a replacement maid for free.If I do,I will check if she has a suitable maid for me.If not or no free replacement, I'm free to select anywhere

My agent is quite ok ,I feel.But the type of maids she prefer are not then types I like.I will need to tell her what kinds I like</font>

i am still eligible for a free replacement but i also feel that the maids she brings in are a bit too opinionated. so will try there first otherwise must hunt again.

hey there ow mummy,

thanks once again for the assistance in making this possible!!!

just received call from PG cakes to say that they will confirm my order and design on Monday (1/3) as they are all v bz now w roadshow.

thanks once again!!!

Pinkypink,

i got the tiger thermal jar already...
i am trying out now..if works i will let u know..
happy.gif

Pseed,

la gourmet didnt have the small one..find it a bit bulky so ended with tiger brand instead. thanks anyway for all the advice.
happy.gif

thanks eviangal! for the direct supply spree they dont accept int credit cards so u used concierge service?

<font color="0000ff">Edj:</font> I mentioned abt boiling H2O. Sori, mistake: it'l actuali b heaty if reboiled. Coz I think I mentioned mths ago I cook barley, etc by putting freshly boiled H2O (fr express kettle) in2 pot so e barley etc kan cook faster.

<font color="aa00aa">Marie:</font> Kant promise leh. Bt I'm optimistic... Diz said, it's stl a risk
sad.gif
If u wan, email me ur orders by 11pm coz I'm sending in 1st batch. Orders oledi exceeded USD$200 so I gotta do in batches 2 avoid GST esp w quite a few heavy items involved diz x...

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Gymboree 3rd Anniversary Promotion:</font></font>
Popped in2 e HFC branch juz now 2 enquire &amp; am told there's a promotion til 28 Feb (Sun). I asked abt e Play &amp; Learn whc is $399 for 12 sessions of 45mins ea. W e promotion itz $30 less + 3 extra lessons. E 3 extra lessons kan b e Music one. There's stl $50 annual family membership 2 pay -- comes w 1 free session + t-shirt + 2 free sessions in ea of the c'try where they hv branches (dunno how useful...) Mommies, FYI
happy.gif
Btw, they nvr mentioned e promotion until I asked if got any, dan the staff went 'Errr....' b4 giving me e info
crazy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Party Supplies @ Action Toyz</font> They hv ballons, helium tank rental ($60 for 5D + $200 deposit), party plates, bags, etc etc etc. I saw @ HFC outlet juz now. Oh, got HK plates, etc. bt dunno got banner or nt

KP: Yup. I used concierge service. But actually can try registering with DBS if you have a DBS/ POSB credit card for a US mailing address. I tried that for Disney spree and it works. In the case of direct party supply, I think they got some system to recognise if the card is international or not. Hence, i didnt try the US mailing address part. I used concierge service directly.

Kris: 12 March is ok too. Btw, i only found out yest that your cups are OOS too. Need to refund you.

Any mummies need their items before 12 March?

Helium Tank: www.adamevestyle.com charges only s$40 for tank rental. They are at Serangoon area.

Ow Mummy: I called Pine Gardens liaoz. In fact they tried calling me this morning. Discussed with them my design. Very good. Am happy that they charge me $25 only for my design even though I thought its rather complicated. Thank you for getting such a good offer for us. =)

mummies looking for helium service, so far the cheapest i can find = adams &amp; eve at upper serangoon rd....near to north east mummies! only $40 (~ 40 ballons) per tank. 96451069 to enquire

Hi Mummies, been such a long time since I last logged on. Very busy in school, even during the Dec hols last year.

Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise today, that I met Audrey, Gallop and 1 other mummy (sorry, didn't get your name, with bb KAI) at Habour Front Gymboree for the trial. I didn't even plan to go in the first place. Just happened that my colleague has made an appointment, and it's Cross Country for my school today, so we were released early, might as well join her. Such a coincident for an unplanned meetup. Audrey, please email me the group photo, thanks.

Promo at Gymboree:
Yup, like what kidz has mentioned, they are having the promo till end of the month. It's my first trial that I brought Corine for, and I find that it's fun, and very tiring for mummy (need to follow them up and down). But likely to sign up for the promo pack, just to get my mind off work for awhile.

Oriental Trading:
Kidz, have you placed your orders? If not, can help to add my purchases?

<font color="aa00aa">Corine's Mum:</font> I've 4ward 2 u OTC order format.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Gymboree Trial 2day @ HFC:</font> Haha, I totally 4got abt diz bt I dint sign up earlier anyway. Was there aft sending B1 2 CC to run some errands &amp; left by 2pm. The session @ 4pm's too late. Bt I did ask e lady whc days has e smaller classes &amp; she mentioned Mon, Tue &amp; Fri. However, I think Mon or Tue has reali small class size thus itz been cancelled a few x when nt many were turning up... FYI: These r within office hours
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Eating bananas:</font> I dint mash it juz now, on impulse juz offered it to Sebastian since he has 6 teeth (4 upper). He eagerly leaned 4ward 2 bite &amp; initially juz scraping his teeth against e banana. Then he liked e taste (he always does) &amp; he opened his mouth big 2 really bite off small chunks -- whc worried me @ 1st. However he was able 2 chew diligently &amp; even reached out 2 hold e banana himself (w help fr mommy). His appetite's returned &amp; he's eating &amp; latching on more. I've gotta change his diaper more x ea day coz he's peeing a lot. Poo stl once a day min. Bt last mth he was cranky, kept waking up in nite &amp; crying easily in day -- even when latched on wld pull out 2 cry b4 coming back 2 suckle a bit dan repeat e tantrum thingy. I suspect it was a growth spurt &amp; now's settled down back 2 his usual self
happy.gif
Bt more of these cycles 2 come lor... Sigh.

Kidz: I am facing some similar problems with Val lately. Not sure is it bcos she is sick or bcos she is experiencing teething or some growth spurt.

1. She doesnt want to eat her food. She just refuse to open her mouth to eat. Sighz.. Used so much efforts to cook then end up in the bin. She seems more interested in milk. Yet, when we are eating she wants to have a share.

2. Caught by the flu bug lately. Runny nose and a bit of cough. She gave me a scare last night. Keeping waking up throughout the night crying midway. Pat her to sleep, 10 to 20 minutes later cry again. At 4+am, she even had some sour milk kind off this purging out of her nostrils. Each time the liquid purge out, she cry in pain. She even vomitted it too.

Wanted to bring her to the hospital even. Found out later from my mil that these are side effects from the cough syrup she got from the Chinese sinseh who diagnosed my dd's cough medicine. She even had diaorrhea as a result of it. Has stopped consumption of these liaoz..

Brought her to the pd to reaffirm that she is ok. She is sleeping better now. No sudden cryings or wakes. Phew....

Eviangal, know what u mean. Dexter acts like a hamster when it comes to meals. He will just keep the food in his mouth and meal times take over an hour just to get him to eat a few spoonfuls. Luckily is my maid feeding him otherwise i think i will go crazy.

Anyway, my naughty boy woke up to poo poo and just fell asleep.

Rose, understand your concerns regarding the lying part. Luckily u have your MIL to help watch over the bb. Was ur maid Indonesian? Usually Indonesians are more quiet as English is not their mother tongue. Even for my helper, i have to ask her many followup questions as she does not elaborate.

Audrey, Gallop and Corine's Mum, so did you all sign up for the membership? I have been bringing Dexter to the free play at Gymboree just to pass time and make him exercise. Like the free play as the timing is flexible and only $12. Then on wed, signed up for MyGym course as felt that he enjoyed it.

<font color="119911">Eviangal:</font> Oh dear, Vals' down. &amp; it sounds scary dat she kena side effects fr Chinese meds....
sad.gif
For Sebastian, his crankiness lasted 2-4wks -- was worst during 1st 2wks dan gradually tapered off. Yeah, I also ended up throwing away food coz he juz refused 2 eat aft 3--5 spoonfuls. By constrast he's now opening his mouth so big &amp; kan say 'ahh' 2 me as he opens it. Fr my experience w B1, his case was highly likely due 2 growth spurt. He's ok now bt he's beginning 2 bite me when he nurse til my rite nipple's quite sore. Sigh. &amp; he caught my viral infection, started a fever late PM. Hopefully ur Val wl recover quickly &amp; also come out of her phase soon. W them like diz we loosing so much slp @ nite &amp; focus during e day... Sigh2

<font color="aa00aa">Powerball:</font> Hamstering is wat my gal does -- itz so frustrating! She also wont sit long in her chair 2 eat. Wl give lotsa excuses e.g. my teddy fell off e chair, I wanna give u a hug...
crazy.gif
I'm contemplating signing Sebastian up 4 Gymboree tho hvnt done trial -- coz location-wise itz nearest compared 2 JWT &amp; Tanglin Mall (actuali TM nt dat far by car bt nt as much 2 do there...) Btw, I heard fr my fren dat JWT mbrship includes FOC play x @ their premises.

<font size="+1">Powerball</font>: I am keen in the free play session at Gymboree. What do they do there? Just play on their own with the current toys? Its difficult for me to match the classes timings. Best is to let Val go for flexi timings activities.

Btw, lets try to organise a lunch session either next wk or nxt wk and following Fri so that I can pass you mummies your stuff.

<font size="+1">KP</font>: Can try to join too? Wanna get more porridge from you. Keke.

<font size="+1">Kidz</font>: Hmm.. In that case, I wonder is it growth spurt like Sebastian in Val's case. It might not be the food taste (haha) cos my mil told me she face the same situation too. Prob she is sick ba.. Hopefully she gets well soon. Seems like her immunity drops since i stopped bfding. Kudos to you for perserving. I didnt make my 1 yr mark after all. =(

Supply too low to have motivation to carry on la...

<font color="119911">Eviangal:</font> My ss also dropping liao so I dunno if kan cross 12M mark. Was juz telling my hb B1 dint touch FM til pass 12M... I tink Gymboree staff told me e Free Gym time kan juz use e equipment @ $12/60mins. Muz 1st sign up e $50 annual family mbrship 1st. Also, gym is subject 2 availability e.g. class schedule &amp; bookings for parties. Thus muz always call ahead 2 chk if itz 'empty' for free gym x...

Kidz, i think most of the gyms offer free play. I signed a course with MyGym but their free play time is very restrictive as compared to Gymboree. At least for Gymboree, whenever i feel like going down, i just call them on the day itself and can go to the diff outlets. For JWT, i didn't like the trainer for the trial that we went to so did not bother to enquire further.

Talking abt nothing to do at Tanglin Mall. That is one of the reasons why i signed up at MyGym at Tampines Ntuc Income centre- so that i don't shop! Each time i go out with bb, i cannot resist the urge to buy something like toy/snack/etc. All these small things add up to quite a bit after factoring in transport costs.

Yes. Is very frustrating to see the hamstering act. Dexter has barely sat in his FP chair. Just let him sit on the floor so that he can surrounded by all his toys as it takes so long to feed him. Am now trying to withhold his 10am milk feed to see if he will eat his lunch at 11.30am.

Eviangal, yep, just play with the equipments there. Dexter likes to try to crawl up the slide or the padded steps. Know what u mean on the difficulty to match the class timings but guess classes also have their advantage.

Kidz, most of the time when i call, the gym is available but then again i go during weekdays and to HF branch as from my place to HF is faster. Btw, why is your ss dropping since Sebastian still latches? I am still pumping 3x per day and my menses just came on this thurs.

<font color="aa00aa">Powerball:</font> Gymboree charges $12!
crazy.gif
Sebastian doesnt wanna sit in bumbo anymore -- B1 stl wans tho... <slap> Anyway, so we fd him in her small kid's plastic chair w handles @ side. She's more dan willing 2 trade w him. He enjoys sitting in it, letting his leg stick out &amp; shaking them. BUT chair muz face TV &amp; he'll interrupt his meals 2 clap whenever he sees or hears clapping on TV. &amp; pass 2D he's doing it a lot coz I catching American Idol!
kao_sticktongue.gif
Earlier I let him eat &amp; watch Playschool on Ch 170 (Aus Netwk) &amp; the presenter sang 'If U'r Happy...' -- he immediately berhenti his makan &amp; joined in e TV action. I juz taught him diz song last wk bt he luvs doing e actions so much liao... no choice, rather dan 'fight' w him, I let him finish e song dan got him 2 sit down &amp; feed him again (yeah, he stood up in e chair!) My consolation is dat e bumbo's on loan &amp; B1's plastic kid's chair is onli $5.90....
biggrin.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Powerball:</font> I tink my ss dropping coz I stressed... B1 stl in Terrible Two stage tho kan c she's emerging fr it i.e. becoming more understanding &amp; accepting of instructions. Less of 'No! I wan 2 do it diz way!' 'No, I dun like!' 'No, no, no!'
crazy.gif
When she's nt in dat stage, she's veri sweet. Itz Jekyll &amp; Hyde -- reali

juz a quick chk on mummies who r giving ebm, how much do u give each feed?

i used to give 180ml, but now reduce to 160ml. having prob expressing these days coz ss dropped so much. i wonder if i cld make the 12m mark too..

powerball, which JWT branch u went? i went to the Kallang branch n i find their trainer ok le. Wat did u not like abt ur trainer?

When do u usu go Gymboree free play? I've membership too but haf yet to go down.

kidz, Bumbo chair is a good tool to keep bb in place. But i can nvr leave E there alone now coz once he fell off the sofa bed while sitting in his Bumbo! He din cry tho so i guess the chair sorta cushioned him during the fall. Quite a sight to find him on the floor after the fall.

Now MIL uses it to 'fix' him in place while preparing his bath.
happy.gif

Hi All Mummies,

I'm a March Mummies. Any of u using tollyjoy detergent (Powder type)? Interested 2 buy at a cheaper price? i had 9 boxes on hand to sell. Kindly PM me if you are interested. Thank you

Back