(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Jean,

u r getting the swim diaper ah? is this the disposable one? so when he swims he only wear the swimming diaper ah? what about the top? not cold ah?

Pinkypink: Mine is a night flight. Departs at 11+pm Arrive at 7+am. bb's sleeping time. Hopefully she sleeps all the way. Bb not sleeping is my greatest worry.

How did you manage to air pressure during departure?

Edj: Forgot to highlight to you that the tankini offered by mummykian is for gals. You can get a swimdiaper - reuseable one (more cost efficient) + a swim wear or thermal wear to wear over. When are you goin to Sabah? Getting it for the trip? Do get it soon.

Eviangal,

oh no wonder couldnt find the pic for boys...
happy.gif
thanks for highlighting this...

oh so shd get the reusable swim diaper ah? i was thinking of getting the huggies swim diaper?
swim wear for boys only the trunks lei...unless i get thermal wear...yeah getting for the sabah trip..i am going this coming thurs..thats why..a bit desperate now...hehe...blame myself for leaving everything so last minute...
sad.gif

eviangal,
so many goodies plus good deals at NATAS?? wish i had gone .. but am sick ..=(
edj,
sabah trip.. you gonna swim in pools or rivers or beach or waterfalls?? depends on how cold the water can get ... and best to go with thermal wear as its good for the above..
thermal wear you can get from Taka, baby section ... my frens got my boy's konfidence thermal wear from Taka.. get the big size ones cos its velcro so can expand as the babies grow.

<font color="0000ff">Swim Diapers:</font> Good fit is veri impt! I juz but Huggies Little Swimmer disposables 4 B1 2 wear under her swimsuit - these diapers r made thinner &amp; dun much swell up in H20. The print's actuali veri cute &amp; IMO cute enuf 4 boys 2 wear juz e disposable diapers -- bt a swimsuit is gd 2 ward off e chills. I got 1 BN pack of S 6-12kg for Sebastian, any1 wanna share?
http://www.huggies.com.sg/OurProducts/LittleSwimmers.aspx

3wkold: $2038 is for 1 pax. Usual price was $2188pp. Keke.. Partly we had so many goodies bcos we had 5 travellers in our thats y.. Planning for a trip soon? The best time is to book during the NATAS fair. My dad and I were scrambling all over the NATAS hall yest just to claim our gifts.

Its some unknown travel agency. Glaxis Travel. Won over by their experience in Japan. The salesperson are very well versed with Japan and could provide lots of advice. When told that I will be bringing a bb, they offered even more attention and advised that we follow a tour group first before venturing out on our own since this is our first trip to the country too and we are not Japanese speaking folks.

P.S: Sorry havent PM you yet. =p

Pravina: yeah.. you should go if you are planning a holiday..

Edj: If you cant make it in time to purchase a reuseable swim diaper, then get the Huggies ones first. I think the Huggies disposables is not cheap too. Almost the price (or more) of a reuseable 1 for 1 pack. I personally felt that reuseable can use longer.

But do get a bigger size ya. My dd's swim diaper did not last long either. She outgrown it after a few use. Thats partly the reason why I got her another piece. As a gauge I bought L size for her even though she is less than 8 kg now. Ks mummy.. keke.. Cos I dont bring her swimming very often. Before you know it, they outgrow them again thats y...

Enjoy your trip. =)

Eviangal,

thanks...i have sent mummy kian email..if she can send out by today then i will get the reusable swim diaper..if not then i will go and get the huggies...

Gallop,

did your sister bring back the thermal wear?
happy.gif

where did u get your thermal wear again? konfidence ah the brand? can get at isetan?

edj, gonna send my car to the workshop later and they are giving me a courtesy car! So still can go out lor..hee..so is our outing still on?

oh btw, bellamy porridge and rice new stock will reach me 5th march. Edj, there will be applecinnamon coming as well, need to check again if this will be in 5th march or later though. Are u still BF edj or stopped liao? I am successfully on 1 pump a day:p now thinking of doing 1 time 2 days..haha

KP,

which outing r u referring to?when?
i dont mind tomorrow...anything on tomrrow?i am thinking of getting the thermal wear lei if Gallop cant lend me hers..

Oh applecinnammon coming in ah...thats good...hopefully Edgar wants it///its been quite diff getting him to eat cereal nowadays...

i stopped BF already since Feb...u have been supplementing Isaac with Bellamy's milk rite? after i stopped BF..felt so much more free...hehe..

edj, dunno leh, thot there was an outing at relish on wed or something??

oh u stopped totally ald? even pumping? yep, i have been giving isaac bellamy's. can switch to stage 3 toddler's milk soon!:p

KP, I don't know if iam going for the relish yet
Try not to go out that day coz want to pack for the trip
But if gallop has the thermalwear then I will go loh so can collect w her
At the same time.
Yeah very fast all our bb will be turning 1. Time flies.

mummies,
how to wean baby off from latching on frequently?? been trying but not successful..

KP, am keen to try the applecinnamon. also keen to get porridge and rice. can PM please??
Thanx babe!

<font color="ff3399">KP, i also need to get rice cereal from u. cait finish all the 5 boxes liao.. and 1 box pasta star to try
happy.gif
u have extra rice cereal? can help me reserve 5 boxes when stocks in?
happy.gif
</font>

Pravina,

how many times r u latching your bb now?
i used to have big prob with bb also..what i did was slowly reducing the number of latching by 1time at a time..usually for 1-2weeks..until he is okay then i went on to reduce 2 times..and so on until completely off...u can start with the morn or aft nap latching...the last to stop will be night feed..coz usually thats the hardest...

i took more than 2months to completely stop..

edj,
the swim diaper i'm thinking of getting is the reusable one. if order today, shld be able to get by tml or wed? u want?

i usu juz let E wear swim diaper alone coz we don't go public pool..

eviangal,
u got a really gd deal for Hokkaido there.. when i went to Hokkaido last Nov, we paid $3k++ per pax. It was winter and the days were short. Plus i was preggy so can't enjoy all the hot springs+sashimi. Sobz.

Our tsf flight to Tokyo got delayed so instead of a 2hr stop over at Ginza, we only had like 45min. Ha how wasted!

I'll explore it another season.. it's a nice place! Muz eat their ramen, very yummy!

edj, come lah, I pass you some Huggies, swim diapers. The one I bought is a little small for her so I have some extra. Can pass to whoever needs it too.

www.Beaba.com if no one else wants anything, I can collate orders since it's just NM, Rose Ling and I.

Lunch @ RELISH Wed 3Mar I will make reservation today.
1)gallop
2)NM
3)Pumpkinseed
4)KP
5)Pei (KIV)
6)Audrey ??
7)Catherine

For those buying floats, be careful when using the mushroom float that has the shade. When wind blows, the float can turn over. I saw it happen to a baby recently. So just make sure you are right next to baby when they are in it.

My bb has been having watery stools for 1.5wks now. The good thing is, it reduced from 4-5 times a day to juz once a day now, but still watery.

It was diagnosed as mild diarrhoea and PD gave us probiotics. Had been administering it for almost a wk now but not much improvement in stool consistency. Switched him to soy milk + plain porridge too (no meat, no vege). No raw fruits/ yoghurt too.

I was told tat it could take as long as 3 mths for the stool consistency to revert back to normal again. But i'm juz anxious coz it's really taking abit too long. Any mummies has similar experience?

Colleague told me it could be teething as well. But PD never said anything abt this le. Bb is otherwise playing n sleeping well.

P.seed,
I think i got the same float u're talking abt. Yep it's NOT stable at all, even if bb can sit well. Haf to hold on to it when bb's inside so tat it doesn't topple over.

This is so silly!!! My dear darling maverick pulled the cable of modem until it broke into two. Go Challenger and they ask me go starhub. Go starhub, they ask me go challenger. Then go back and for until stupid starhub guy realized I just want a new modem! Which I told him so! Then he tell me they dun sell here at this branch!!! Now go tampines and queue:"

<font color="ff6000">Pumpkinseed,confirm I wanna buy the pasta thingy from beaba! Let me know amount,who to transfer to and when can we get it?</font>

edj, I'm getting the pasta and rice steamer attachment. Also getting the toilet trainer seat cos it's purple, so pwweeeeety. I don't really like their bags, personal opinion. Similar to Lassig and Allerhand though so if you like that sort of bag then you'll like this one. I just saw the Kate Spade messenger diaper bag, so nice. sigh.

Rose, She said shipment arrives in 2 weeks. But to be on safe side, I'd say 3 weeks.

edj, can find Beaba stuff at Motherswork.

Jean, yeah that's why I ordering the zebra float hehe. My crazy little pumpkin tried to jump into the pool yest. She loves water so much.

P.seed

I will like to buy the following
1)Replacement Blade (cos seems to be a little blunt already)
2)Replacement Basket
3)The Babycook carrying bag - depending on the price.

Can you please PM me the details and the amount? Thanks

<font color="ff6000">pumkinseed,my only complaint about them is their estimation of shipment is way way off! Any way we can pay only when the shipment is here? This can motivate them to expedite

you also getting the pasta &amp; rice thingy? My patience for stirring pasta over fire is running low especially with a screaming baby.Btw,if we wanna cook pasta and broccoli,do I use babycook twice to cook them separately?</font>

<font color="ff6000">joie,how do you know that your blade needs replacing? I'm wondering if I need to change too? Why u need to change basket?
Carrying bag looks v nice but I suppose when I do get to travel,baby can eat table food already</font>

Just post here what you want to know prices of. I will ask her to e-mail me then I just cut and paste here. No time to dig around my e-mail k?

Rose

I just feel that I need to buzz to blend more often nowadays.. and when I touch it - not that sharp as brand new.

My basket is getting a little orange - too much carrots and pumpkins steaming I guess.. so I will like to have a brand new one!

I thot of bringing the babycook when I travel but it is hard to protect when I check into the luggage.. so have to bring packed food along for baby. Prefer to bring babycook along if I can :)

Hehe, the Bib expresso looks so cute! And the new colours for babycook are so nice. Wish they had those option back when we ordered!

They are NOT bringing in bags, babycook carry bag, bottles, shoes, toilteries basket and trolley seat

Pseed, any idea how much is the beaba freezer tray?

Btw, babycook is in SG! They are having a demo in Isetan Scotts!
I will be heading down to fix my leaking babycook on wed! Meanwhile, mummies who wanna check it out can head over there! Note that isetan scotts is closed for reno on 2Mar(tmr)!

P.seed, wah u mean there is a babycook carry bag??? That will be good for travelling wo!!!

KP, your avent bottle still with me leh... hehe u gals wanna meet in United Square anytime soon? Relish abit far for me! Might nt be able to head back in time!

<font color="ff6000">Joie,in that case,I think mine also blunt already.I'm thinking if we can use a sharpener (for knife) for the blade as well.
My basket also orangy already,not glam at all.It's looking so well used.I'm more tempted to buy the purple babycook instead hahaha just kidding</font>

I think babypote is cute!
but more suitable for ang mo lifestyle cos they eat compote often. Think I will get it cos her grandma and greatgrandma love to make her compote from the trees in their garden.
http://www.beaba.com/flash/#/en_GB/newproducts/details/16-Babypote

babymummy, oh cool, I wanna see the demo. Maybe I will head down on Wed after lunch. They are not bringing in the babycook carry bag. I'll ask them about the freezer tray but if you wanna know quickly, can call Motherswork cos they stock it there. We still get 20% off.

Oh P.seed, what do we need to quote to enjoy the 20% off? Or u have membership for Motherswork is it? I wanna get the pasta and rice steamer attachment too! U have any idea how much it costs?

Ya I also wanna catch the demo.. just to make sure I am fully utilising the babycook! And of coz using it the right way!!!

Also I have another question..my gasket seems to be missing... is it black or white in colour???

Rose.. heee u can shift your current babycook to your MIL's.. and get a new one to compliment your new home!!!! :p

Rose, forgot to say, yes we paid COD last time round but collected first cos it was big sums and I didn't want NM to be paying for a whole lot of babycooks from her own pocket first.

babymummy, think you misunderstood me. I mean we get 20% off cos we buy direct from distributor. Motherswork VIP get 10% off if I am not wrong. Or it may be nett price. Pasta attachment is $28 before discount.

Mummies,

the konfidence thermalwear that u have, can get it from isetan?

Pei,

thats the one u said M has rite? can it last ah? since bb their age grow very fast...

edj, konfidence can get at Mothercare and Motherswork too. For those Mothercare VIP members, they will send you a card for your baby's birthday month. It entitles you to 15% off most things and 30% off clothing.
The wetsuit has velcro so can 'grow' with them.

Pseed,

i am not mothercare VIP lei..and i need the thermal wear almost immedeiatle..so cant wait til april to get the 15%discount..

what other brand is good?

Back