(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Eviangal
Thanks. I passed to 3wkold last fri. Ida's still with me. I'll check when Im in the ofc tmw cos left them there. Is Ida supposed to have any dark blue cow in her package in the 1st place??
Btw, u ordering from PoshPaire?? Seems like only 2 of us leh hehe

Runice: Jus checked. Idaar's order should nt have cow beanie. Hers are 2 superman beanie. If you see cow beanie, keep for me. Thanks ya.

<font color="666600">Catherine: My sis is interested to join u gals togo Querida's hse.
happy.gif
</font>

Edj, brought Dexter to the Kinderclinic that u mentioned. Yep,the doc is not too bad but can see she v stressed fr the morning crowd. Queue was forming even before the clinic opened. Dexter still having fever, started since last thurs. Doc also confirmed that he is teething again. Now he is super cranky!

How's the Adiri bottle?

Powerball,

Welcome back...i mean to motherhood forum..havent seen your posting in a while...u finally got your internet up again..

yeah she is always very busy no matter which day u go..so what did she say about Dexter? is the fever due to teething?

Adiri bottle is good..he is biting it but doesnt seem to be drinking much also...maybe i havent tried hard enuf..coz past few days been going out..hubby on leave..i will try next week...think that will be a better time for me...

did u try the star pasta?

My internet still intermittent connection. Waiting for the person to come again on thurs to check. She never say whether fever was due to teething but he also has flu and slight cough. Spread to me too. Now he on liq diet as he has sore throat too so have yet to try the star pasta. Why don't u put plain water in the bottle n carry along when u are out. More chances for him to get used to it.

Eviangal
Yups, the cow beanie is indeed in Ida's package! I'll keep it for you in my office. Let me know when u wanna collect.

sorry, mummies, topic quite of place here.. But if you know any A level students who are able to be a temp from Jan-Jun 10 at one of the Big 4 accounting firms, pls pm me. Thanks...

Powerball,

oh dear...take care and rest well...get well soon then we can have our eastenersss gathering...hehe

Re: adiri bottle, it really resembles a breast hor..but the prob is the cap is at the bottom so when i put water in, it will leak out from the teat..or have i used it incorrectly?

<font size="+1">Querida on Friday</font>

Cat: I have made apt with Adeline at 2pm. Where you wana meet for lunch? Admiralty MRT or Causeway point?

Adeline mentioned that it will be better if we can send in our orders to her first than she can pack aside for us.

Mummies who would like to order from Querida too, pls submit your orders and payment to Adeline and inform her that you are Apr mummy. Let us know if you need help with collection.

<font color="0000ff">Hi mummies, have not posted for a while. Want to ask, regarding breast pump, anyone has the AVENT dual pump (electronic)? How much is it at ah? Good? Me considering to get that, cos single pump is really testing my patience now...

When you use dual pump, means both hands are 'busy' right? Like can't hands free hor?</font>

Edj, yep. U used it wrongly. Put the cap on, screw the cap then turn it upside down to fill the liq. Hahaha, u never go and see the website demo! If u really think the bottle is usable and your bb likes warm milk, u must buy the warmer cap. Without warmer cap, when u place the bottle in hot water, it will leak as per what the website state. I have not tried though to place it upside down with the cap in hot water as barely used it last time as the flow was not suitable for Dexter's age then.

<font color="ff3399">morning mummies, long time din come in and wah, cannot catch up with all the postings haha..

eviangal, i keen to get white cotton cap but its OOS right?

i also bought the avent steamer &amp; blender over the weekends at Lot 1, there was 20% and a free avent baby luggage bag.. tried it once last night and cant wait to go home tonight to make more!
happy.gif

really miss hanging out at mummies gathering, can't wait for end Dec where i'll be on leave for about 3 weeks and can catch up
happy.gif
happy.gif
</font>

mummies, tks for the strollers recommendation. i think most prob i saw the quinny type, looks quite compact. but not cheap..

combi is a gd brand coz its really light n 1 person can handle. i bought Miracle Turn for my nephew as his 1st mth prezzie. =)

Jean,
how much is the miracle turn??
me travelling soon and we gonna lug the peg perego pilko 3.. dunno if its a good idea...cos i cant lift it with baby in my arms...
mebbe i shd go and get one too??

Marie: Sorry, my leave is every Friday lei. How? Cos if I take on Thurs, I need to make childcare arrangements for my bb on Fri. Thats y i every Fri take leave lorz..

Mon oso can la..

pravina,
Miracle Turn i bought it at ard $200+ (can't rem exact, vaguely rem it's close to $300)

my stroller weighs 8kg, my bb weighs 8.7kg now! can't carry him long even with the carrier so we rely alot on stroller now =p

<font color="666600">eviangal: Hm..then i cant le. Cos my colleague just cancel her leave today. Maybe I'll prob make arrangement to go on Thu with my sis.
happy.gif
</font>

eviangal,
u're on leave every fri? tat's so cool! is it a permanent arrangement? i wish i could work 3 days rest 4 days per week.. esp when there's nothing much to do at work. i'll keep wondering y am i sitting in the office when i cld be at home playing wif my bb..

<font face="gulim"> hkbaby (hkbaby)
Username: hkbaby

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 5:58 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The much awaited Carter warehse sale is back! Jus received email from them!

17-19 Dec 2009
9am to 8pm
43 Tampines St 92
Up to 90% off
Prices $3-12 Cash only!

Happy shopping!

copy from the other thread...</font>

DTS Mummy: Yes! Your beanie now with me. How would you like to collect? I pm you my no ok? Is

Leeriner: Thanks for the info on carters sales. Shopping Time!!

Jean: Err.. Yes.. keke.. On leave every Fri till baby turns 1. Took 2 months maternity and cleared the balance this way. Prefer to be with baby during her older months rather than everyday during the first 4 months.

Hi mommies, do you want to do up something special for your baby's precious photos but have no time and patience to do it?

Or are you looking for a special gift/cards for that special someone?

At Aimee Creation, we provide customisable scrapbook layouts and premade scrapbook and handmade cards to suit your every mood and needs. Below is some samples of our products. For more details please visit http://aimee-creation.blogspot.com

3350138.jpg
3350139.jpg

To celebrate our opening, receive a <font color="red">$5 voucher</font> for every $60 nett spend before 31 Dec 2009.

cocobunz (cocobunz): ya the old batch of avent bpa free bottles leaks. the new ones has serial no printed on the bottle, dont think they leak becos u can actually feel the grip when u screw on the cap.

edj: i just have my bottles changed at phiips
happy.gif

Sorry to intrude here..

I have 6 tins of NAN2 H.A. to let go @ $30/tin.
Collection @ Pasir Ris

Expiry in 22/03/2011

Kindly PM me if interested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XMAS PARTY FOR APRIL MUMMIES CONFIRMED DETAILS!!!

DATE: 12th Dec 2009
VENUE: EVENTS ROOM, my condo near Lorong Chuan/sgoon gardens)
TIME: 12pm till 4pm (i have the room from 10am till 4pm so we can do lunch too)

Mummies,
Please add your names to the list!!
Please also include
>>if baby is coming (boy or gal)
>>number of adults coming with you (daddy, helper, etc)
>>Are you keen to take part in Secret Santa gift exchange for the babies (gift to be of maxSGD10, unisex please)

i need the above info to decide to CATER OR POTLUCK
Looking forward to hearing from you!!
Please let the other April mummies on the mega list know!!

1. Pravina - 2A+bb boy
2. Eviangal - 1A+bb gal
3.Audrey - 2A + kid - boy + bb - gal, santa surprise OK
4. Idaarshad
5. SH...(asp_23) 2A+1 bb boy - santa surprise OK NO lunch, join in for chit chat only.
6. LovJ + BB + Helper
7. Jean 2A+bb boy(prefers catering; Secret Santa OK!)
8. Mommy of Gems 2A + 2kids:Gals - Secret Santa OK! No lunch
9. Shers
10.Joie (but afternoon or late afternoon preferred)
11. Yvonne - 2A + baby (ok for secret santa)
12. 3wkold - 1A + baby(gal) + Santa (catering)
13. Rose - coming for chitchatting &amp; secret santa session only
14. Kidzskidz - 1A + bb

Hi Audrey, Can u bring along my cereal??

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">www.oldnavy.com 20% Sale</font></font>
Dunno if any1's interested since e Carter's/Oshgosh Warehouse Sale's round e corner. Anyway I kan help plc order if nd. Bt free shipping onli 4 min. purchase of $50. 20% discount is applicable on sale items. Last round exchange rate was abt $1.45, int'l shipping abt $1.85 per bb tee/romper. If any mommy interested 2 spree, pls email me by Fri 12noon e link 2 e item u wan, size &amp; colour. Any item OOS I'll juz drop order. Do PM me 1st 2 indicate interest so I kan better monitor response &amp; provide update
happy.gif

leereiner, thanks for the info on carters sale! How to be on their mailing list ah? It was really cheap when i went there last year, but think its really shopping madness if u have a gal lor:p

cocobunz, can i ask how much u rented out your place for? PM me if not convenient:p Was actually looking to rent depot rd flats, but none avail at that pt of time:p Yep, quite enjoy living here cos v central and spacious though old. We're hoping they delay the launch so we can stay longer:p

eviangal, i think i put 3 scoops of rice and level 7 water, and threw the cod fish in...a lot of water left over and i have to throw all into a pot to cont boiling! But isaac din quite like fish porridge again! till we blended it fully like puree. But csn tell he still does not enjoy it as much as fruits or veg leh! how??

pravina &amp; jean: i'm using a peg perego and when we went overseas previously, we invested in a combi stroller which is abt 4 plus kg. So glad that we made the decision because i can't imagine lugging ard the peg perego plus baby plus barang on public transport overseas, esp if have to run after a bus or transfer trains. hehe. Good thing abt combi is that I can operate it with 1 hand so still can handle even if i'm alone with baby.

DC..thanks for your info on medela...felt so disappointed.

Xmas party this sat...
any clues wat to buy for the gift?
no clue leh...

mummies coming to Xmas gathering, can PM me for address and phone number please..

i also racking my mind on what to get.. in the end decided on somthing baby can use, definitely!!

Audrey and MommyOfGems,
how old are your older kids?

<font color="0000ff">Item for gift exchange:</font> I tink a toy wld b gd. Kidz shd nvr b deprived of toys whc also provides bonding oppt between parent &amp; child + bring out e little kid in us
biggrin.gif
Diz said, 2mr I also gotta go shopping 4 e Secret Santa Surprise
wink.gif

Jas J,
I bought Avent duo pump for $855 last year but they are not bpa-free. Now you can buy the new bpa-free ones. Both hands will be busy. But some moms bought pumpin-pal which allows them pump hands-free. BTW, fyi, currently Philips does not sell bpa-free spareparts separately for breastpump. They have no idea when they will be selling also. Disappointed....

Jean,
Where you buy the miracle-turn? I bought mine at Mothercare and it costs $629!!

<font color="ff0000">Combi Sale:</font> Chk w e distributor, Tai Sing. Previously they told me every June &amp; Dec they wl hv promotion. We got our strollers, rocker-2-highchair, etc. stuffs during their Dec sale in 06, a few mths b4 B1 was born &amp; later dat yr they launched e Miracle Turn. Bt our Ricco W (discont'd liao) onli weighs 4+kg &amp; tho e handle's reversible, barely used e function coz B1 didn't wanna sit. Now B2's a veri co-operative bb. He enjoys putting legs ovr e bar &amp; in particular shaking his rite leg -- realised he also grabs w rite hand most x. Nt like B1 who left us guessing til she was 2.5Y dan settled on using rite (bt wonder 2 if teachers may hv influenced her?)
http://www.taising.com/eng/
Tel: 65 6291 2633 Fax: 65 6291 0974 Email:[email protected]

KP: That's funny, cos mine always turn out pretty dry instead of watery. I cooked without rice. Just fill the rice cooker with some water (not too much) and leave it to cook. In fact, I didnt even wait till the ricecooker is fully cooked, I stop liaoz. Usually around 20 minutes.

How about you try reducing the water? E.g. Put in 3 scoops of rice, fill water to level 2 instead of level 3 under no 7 category.

By the way, u bought babycook right? Did you try cooking your fish with your baby cook and blending it before adding to your porridge? When I bought the Philips blender, the sales person say can cook meat too. I think your babycook can do that.

Have you tried other meats like pork or chicken? Maybe he doesnt like fish yet. Can try again later. Do you cook your porridge in chicken, pork or fish stock? Better to cook with some stock. Makes porridge more flavourful. They sure like it.

edj: For the beanie/ cap, we are trying to hit 10 pcs for at least 10% discount. Currently only 6 pc. So if you want to order, pls note that there wont be any discount.

Yes. Order directly with seller. Do highlight to seller that you are April Mummy.

LovJ: Glad you can join the xmas party. Baby and hb better now? I will bring along your extenders that day ya.

eviangal, yep, the babycook can steam fish, blending wise i think it only works if i add water before blending, else might be too dry to do so, but then again, cod fish does "split" up on its own..with regards to cooking in the rice cooker, i cooked it with rice yest..Nope, havent tried chic and pork, havent tried stock too:p Will have to try soon:p

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>BABY (B or G)</TD><TD>Family (+ mummy)</TD><TD>Siblings</TD><TD>SS (Y or N)</TD><TD>LUNCH (Y OR N)</TD><TD>Dietary requirements? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pravina</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>no beef </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eviangal</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Idaarshad</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>N</TD><TD>halal </TD></TR><TR><TD>SH..(Asp_23)</TD><TD>B</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jean</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mommy of Gems</TD><TD>G</TD><TD></TD><TD>gal 2</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shers</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joie</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3wkold</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rose</TD><TD>B</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KidzKidz</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LovJ</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Total Adults</TD><TD>14</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
<font color="ff0000">Good morning Mummies,
Please check the table and let me know if i got the info right
=> Please state if your baby is Boy or Gal
=> Taking part in Secret Santa? if so please bring a unisex gift for baby, Min value of SGD10.00
=> cost for lunch is abt SGD15.00/pax based on number of adults coming for lunch as of now. any extra monies collected will be refunded on party day or via IBanking.Please transfer to POSB savings 180-00720-2 and PM/email me the details

=> Any mummies bringing their playmat? please let me know. i have yet to secure one!!

=> any other issues/info/Qns/etc, please PM or sms me
</font>
<font color="aa00aa">Directions to my place
Nearest MRT - Lorong Chuan on the Circle Line, Please exit via Lorong Chuan and you will see it. walking dist, abt 7-10min. PLEASE USE PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AT ALL TIMES!!
Everyone got my mob? if not, please PM me so i can send you my mob!!

SEE YOU ALL THIS SAT!!!
=D</font>

Back