(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

mousey_pig, initially me n hubby planned to let my mum take care of bb after confinement but after being with bb for 1 week...i think i m hving seperation anxiety so trying to persuade my hubby to c if pil can help to take care. Cos yesterday after when to gynae for 1st appt after delivery but half way thru i start missing bb..wondering wat is she doing .. sigh..got v emtionally after giving birth.

re: jabs
As i decided nt to bck to the PD recommended by gynae , so also considering where to get jabs. Any idea where is the cheapest for 5in1 & 6in1? So jabs shld be taken BCG n 1st booster Hep B And since nt gg bck to PD, can anyone advice when shld bb go for routine checkups for GP?

<font color="0000ff">Hi Eunice, WHich PD u go? so the vaccine package is how much?

Bon Bon, can use cpa account to pay ah? so we only need to put $200 into the account.. right?

just to check with u all mummies,, sometimes, my baby will vomit out the milk he drank? and he demand for more later on? Do i need to bring him to see pd for his vomiting? issit common for baby to vomit? Or is the FM not suitable for him?

for massage, we need to prepare what for massage,, need to prepare mattress or the lady can do it on our bed? can on aircon?</font>

LovJ,
My baby also vomitted out milk after drinking sometimes. It's quite common and normal.

For massage, i will place a mattress on the floor and yes, i will switch on air con

Lovj, can use cda acct and can put in any amt. but do take note that when u deposit money, think the govt will match dollar for dollar the following month or sth. so like now end april the money must be in by a certain cut off day, the govt money in later. so if u put $200 i dunno in time ur boy's jab. i bring my girl on 4th may so i think if cda acct not ready to make nets card i'll use cash pay also same. since cda acct can use for her school fee in future also same.. cos i open cda acct in TMC and so far no letter from ocbc yet so i also dunno open alr or not..

i din have mattress at home so i use those comforter blanket, then i lay a large beach towel like padding on top. cos if mattress kena the oil also will have smell. at least the big towel can wash after the massage sessions all over.
happy.gif

Lovj, my baby also vomit out milk and she also choke cos she always rush and suck super fast, once she choke she will slow down.. always v gan cheong when drinking one.. also got a few times think she too full vomit and got milk come out of her nose even. sigh.. think its normal for babies. i put her in more upright position to drink, and sometimes burp halfway..

recently i also heard baby have some phlegm sound. read some moms also feedback their babies on enfalac have that prob.. any mummies here face it? i still thinking of buying from KP's lobang to stock up

<font color="0000ff">Ya.Bon Bon. my baby got the phlegm sound as well.. for my enfalac, i put 2.5 oz of milk powder but water put until oz. cause i think the milk formulae too thick liao..

but this brand still the best, the poo is nice. so still not intend to change. </font>

did anyone order lansinoh nipple cream from me? I think someone did but i can't remember who leh..forgot to jot down!:p

Also, still have few tubes of desitin left if anyone needs..

bonbon,just now i got a shock when i was carrying baby and he vomitted out like 3 mouthfuls of milk, gave me a shock to see a stream of milk coming out leh!! ok or not one..?? issit becos too full or never burp properly?

<font color="119911">eunice,
rotavirus is a oral med. prevenar is jab. im gg for both.

cda
i had opened the a/c n put in 6k for bb, tink by next mth, govt will put in the 6k. my bb is so rich at 2mths old, wahahhha.

KP,
wat is fei yan shui in chinese? i asked the shop n they dunno wat issit, doink.

if the vomittng is one time onli, shld b ok, mayb coz too full or not burp properly. if keep vomitting after every feed den need to c doc. btw hws ur infection? better oreadi?</font>

mousy_pig, you can check out here for the cheap Fitti diapers:
http://www.mumcentre.com/enews/weekly/2009/march/mailer3.htm

chocz, you can store EBM in feeding bottles, if they are safe for freezing. But NEVER mix fresh EBM with frozen ones. Unless you are mixing 2 portions of thawed EBM.
I understand what you mean by emotional after delivery, I cried when my baby forgot how to latch on due to nipple confusion and yesterday when I felt so tired due to lack of sleep. Moreover, I am those who needs 8 hours of sleep per day and I even put on ear plugs to sleep every night. Then I think my hubby got worried and hugged me, even asked me to stop breastfeeding if it's so tiring. I guess it's just the hormones, now I just try to think on the positive side and not to be so emotional. At least I think I am back to my usual self today.
happy.gif

ultrabeary, usually I try to massage my breasts while pumping to clear the blocked ducts, maybe you wanna try this?

bonbon, you are so funny! Haha...
happy.gif

Anyway, I bring my baby girl for jaundice checkup at polyclinic every few days till her jaundice level is back to normal. Infants have a priority queue number which is different from the rest. So whichever counter you go, will be called first once they receive the medical records.

Kris, you are really powerful! Haha my milk just come out in droplets... definitely not squirting!

Ciarie, I agree with Kris, do get the 8oz one, now I just store max 160ml in the milkbag to prevent leakage.

Kris &amp; KP, fei yan shui, is it Gripe Water?

kris, its re(4) fei(4) shui(3), english is called calamine and menthol lotion, white bottle with like golden words..sorry leh! gave wrong name..my CL just told me..

Yup, i went back to my polyclinic doctor, he says its ok liao no infection, he did a swap test for me previously, asked me go back in 2 weeks to see him so can redo swap test just to reconfirm! wah lau, adrian ah, still say no infection!

KP, dun worry abt ur boy's vomiting, sometimes its cos they just drank v full and either havent burp well, or carry him too slanting, must carry abit more upright so the milk dun back flow.

Kris, i also have that calamine n menthol. bought it in my last trim cos i had itchiness on my tummy n breast.. available at Guardian also. there's 2 types, Calamine lotion, and Calamine n Menthol. abts $4 for 1 white plastic bottle..

dodos, my tummy has become smaller but still not totally flat yet.

mousy_pig, at least your mil went to your place to do confinement. my mil wants to do my confinement but dun wan to do at my place. so i'm now staying with mil. not easy cos coping with bb and getting use to stayin with them. i miss my own house alot!

working mummies, how's the arrangement after maternity leave? infant care? maid? or parents/mil? me still considering......

hi mummies,

i m back again..

thanks bonbon for the AKK contact..

can i check with those mummies who gave birth at Mt.A thru normal delivery with epi, what is yor bill like??

my total bill was $4350, cash portion is $2100 n medisave was $2250..

Yvonne, my 3D2N stay at Mt A, single room with my hubby staying over, assisted normal delivery with vaccum and epidural, total cash outlay about $2000.

MUMMIES STAYING IN SENGKANG - ULTRABEARY... OW MUMMY IN JALAN KAYU... MAYBE U MIGHT HAVE MISSED MY POST ABOUT MY RESEARCH ABT THE JABS - AFTER MUCH FINDINGS AT HOUGANG POLY (THEY HAVE THE 6 IN 1) AND SENGAKANG - I KNOW SINCE LAST YEAR MY 3RD BOY WENT - I GOT TO KNOW A CLINICH GP AT RIVERVALE PLAZA - HEALTHWAY CLINIC - IS OFFERING 3 X 6 IN 1 JABS + MMR JAB AT $306 - PLUS GST $324.70.....INCLUDING FEVER MEDICINE AND CONSULTATION- DEVELPOMENTAL CHECK LATER ON IF NECCESARRY AT EXTRA $10

ULTRA BEARY - YUP SK POLY MUST FIRST TIME GO IN BEFORE CAN MAKE APPT.... GOOD NEWS - THIS CLINIC NO NEED TO WALK IN TO MAKE APPT - CAN COL THEM BEFORE GG YAH.. AND BETTER NEWS CAN USE CDA - I HAVE INF MARIE AND JAM GAL ABT THIS AS I HAVE ONLY THEIR CONTACT NUMBERS THEN.. I INF PORKY AS WELL.. U CAN CALL HEALTHWAY CLINIC AT 6881 2689

PORKY - I FOGET TO SMS U THIS NO - TAKE THIS DOWN OK - I DUNNO WHERE IS UR NUMBER LIAOZ --

ANETHING MUMMIES CALL ME LAH... TO ASK ABT MORE

IF U WANT ROTAVIRUS DOSES - IT IS $95 PER DOSE BUT TOGETHER WITH THIS PACKAGE U PAY EXTRA $168 ONLY..

HOPE THIS HELPS OW &amp; ULTR

HAPPY LITTLE WOMAN - I WENT TO BOTH CK DEPTS AT CHINATOWN - AIYYAHH OSS LEH THE KODOMO DETERGENT - ONLY LEFT SOFTENER - U ARE THE ONE WHO INF ME RITE

DODS - I BF EXCLUSIVE &amp; PUMP BUT STILL HAVE SPOTTING ON &amp; OFF - NEVER WEAR PAD - WILL AHVE.. WEAR PAD - CLEAN - AIYYAAA

DO HOMEWORK WITH MY 1ST GERL YEST TILL 4AM JUST NOW.. WAH PIANG.. SO FED UP WITH HER..... NOW LET HER SLEEP EARLY

MY BOY IS ONE MOTH TODAY!! HOW TIME FLIES .. SOON MUST GO WERK LIAO...BUT I SORT OF TAKE THE 44 DAY CONFINEMENT THINGY - SO CONSIDERED NOT OVER FOR ME LAH./THOUGH I DUN REALLY FOLLOW THE RULES EXCEPT LIKE CUT BB FINGERNAILS ONLY AFT THAT

Ida, you wanna check out the other CK Dept Store? Maybe some other mummies read this thread and went to stock up on the cheap Kodomo refill hehehe.. Found the addresses of the other CK dept store at this website. Wow... now then I know they have so many stores islandwide!
http://www.lifespot.com.sg/retail.html

So far the Greenlife clinic @ Sembawang MRT which you've recommended has the cheapest 6in1 vaccination at $285, but can't use CDA. So I am still considering which one to go. Sun Plaza @ Sembawang has got this Healthway Clinic and I went earlier to check the prices out, same as what you posted, so I believe the prices should be the same for all branches. Still thinking which one to go to... hmmm..

Hi Mummies,
Would like to ask about EBM thawing.
given i hv a bag of EBM (150ml), n i thaw it under running water cos after so many hrs, e EBM is still like stone!!! But my baby only drinks 90ml.
Can i still just take 90ml n keep the remaining in the fridge? Or i must drink....??

KP, you had infection of the breast? How you know you had infection? how does the swap test work?

cocobunz, my mil no choice lah, her house no spare room for me
happy.gif

IDAARSHAD, so fast going back to work?

tingting : u so zai3, did your own confinement

HappyLittleWoman : Thanks for the link. Can I check with you mummies, did you all get the NB or small size diapers for your babies?

HappyLittleWoman, I am also very stressed and tired like you, wonder when will this pumping routine ever end....

mousy pig,no lah, not infection of the breast, its the vaginal stitch area:p

how come greenlife clinic at sembawang 6 in 1 jab is so cheap ah? But normal GP and not PD rite?

Jam, how much is the PD at sengkang charging for 6 in 1 inc consultations each time and got GST??
Still thinking where to jab leh..scary now got swine flu summore, better dun go overcrowded places, no gd for bb.

<font color="119911">KP, bonbon,
so its those normal calamine lotion juz dat tis got menthol issit? so juz apply n wash off at shower time rite? those white btl wif a pointed teat rite? din noe dat calamine lotion got chinese name oso.

KP,
gd to noe dat the infection is gone, hw come adrian dunno ah?

ciarie,
the remainin cant keep le. if u wanna keep, u got to thaw the frozen bm in fridge, bring it down frm freezer the night b4.</font>

LovJ - my Pd is Dr Lillian Lim from Kids' Clinic @ Rivervale Mall (Sengkang). It's $440 for 6-in-1... Vomit as in digested milk or milk u just fed? If just fed, 1-2 times per day is normal, as not as its not projectile (alot n shoot out kind), according to LC. try burping after every 20-30ml??

Kris, its oral ar?? Eww..my girl is not going to like it!!

The Lansinoh bags not v good...2nd bag burst. Issit burst then must throw away? I want to vent. Nowadays ss not good, my only consolation is tt i already froze like 25 bags but guess wat?? tdy my FIL wash the freezer n he went to put the milk into a freezer which doesnt freeze!!!!!!!!!!!! by the time my hb n i realised, most of the milk thawed already. damn depressing....

KP, sengkang PD is Kids Clinic? $440..dunno if got GST though.

Lilmoo, letdown means the milk start coming out? Until now, i still dunno when ss comes in...n i dunno wats letdown...n i dunno if u express n feed via bottle can be considered breastfeeding. Anyone can enlighten me?

Idaar, Yesterday was yr bb 1 mth old. Today Is my boy turn. Hee hee

eunice (alayna), milk bags cannot reuse. Btw there is a BP on Korean milk bag at $8.00. You might want to take alook. I also doing a BP on Lansinoh incase you might want to get some more..

<font color="0000ff">Juz wondering which is correct:

1. EBM can leave in the fridge up to 48hrs. Eg today I pump at 0114hrs 29Apr. Can leave in till 0114hrs 1st May ?

Or EBM can leave up to 3 days? (72 hrs?)</font>

happy little woman - u are a teacher rite.. so june holidays dont count as ml.. hor so shiokk if like that... i know they got many stores only was ard there and ck stores that many i know dun sell toiletries.. only clothings lehh.. see how lah
and u better go to the healthway one that can use CDA.. better mah

eunice - y dun wan to go to the healthway one.. cheaper?

tktotss.. happy 1 month to ur bb....
and yes... in noirmal fridge - up to 48 hors - ur 1st sentence correct

got one mummy wanna sell her 50pcs lasinoh and 5o playtex .. can be like until 10z.. at $50 .. cheap or not huh.. coz i never buy milkbasg before... so dunno the price
mousypig... no lah gg back werk in july.. but dun feel like gg

Tktotts, EBM only can keep 48 hrs in fridge. But sometimes I do give allowance of a few hours. But I taste the milk before I give baby.

<font color="119911">eunice,
the oral veri fast de. doc juz put into bb's mouth n done. the burst ones cant drink liaoz, scare got germs. den those thawed bm muz consumed within 48hrs leh, cant refreeze. milkbags cant reuse. letdown is when u feel bm gushing out. as long as bb drinking bm, latch or expressed r both bf.

tktotts,
in our normal fridge, bm can last 48hrs. i heard if u have a fridge juz to put bm n u dun open the door often, it can last 72hrs.

mousy,
bring down frm freezer, the milk can last 48hrs. usualli i will bring down abt 2-3packets at one time. dun bring down too many else cant finish.</font>

Kris: tat means to say, if thaw naturally in the fridge, my balance still can keep right?
if thaw in running water, balance cannot keep..

but i din warm e milk, also cannot keep e balance ah?
sad.gif
sigh... so sad!
cos those frozen ebm in milkbags take 101 years to thaw....
sad.gif

TKtotts, tdy also my bb's first mth =) i just bought 100 bags from KP... should be 48 hrs ba.

Ida, not v much cheaper la. since it will equate to 3 PD visits, abt the same lor. Plus i feel more comfortable with this PD, so personal preference la =) Thanks for checking for sengkang mummies.

Kris, thanks for answering my qns. I tot thawed only 24 hrs? 48 hrs wld be good manz... if only thaw like 5% dunno can still keep in freezer or not. i dun feel milk gushing out leh, but when i use pump, i can see it gushing out in spurts. i think latching not for me la =P

mousy_pig, u know how to taste whether its still good or not ar? how ar? i know fresh BM is abit sweet sweet.

Ciarie, i really wish it takes 101 yrs to thaw manz...then dun hv to waste my milk!

mousy_pig, the diaper size depends on tthe size of your baby at birth. If your baby is quite big at birth, and hitting 4kg and above, I think can use S size le. My girl is so small so I think she will still use a few more packets of NB size diapers at least.

eunice, till now I also dunno what's 'letdown', I only know engorgement = time to pump! Hehe... yeah Kris is right, as long as the baby's getting BM, it doesn't really matter the mode how he/she gets it. Just like we are drinking a canned drink, whether we sip it or suck by straw, we still drink it right?

Ida, my hubby said we should bring baby to the Greenlife clinic, and keep the CDA money for her childcare in future! *faint* FOr June holidays, I only benefit from 2 more weeks, as first 8 weeks of ML must be taken at one shot. Actually now MOE wants all the teachers to take the 16 weeks ML at one shot, cannot break leave. Just that my school management is kind enough to allow me to break for June holidays.
happy.gif

I only know the CK outlet at Yishun sells the Kodomo detergent refill, maybe you wanna call them up first before going down to the outlets? So you won't make a wasted trip.

HLW(HappyLittleWoman) - haha so we r the same, know how to pump but dunno wats letdown hehe =P I dun get engorgement anymore leh. How long does it take for MS to be "established"?? I think my ave is 20ml per breast per hour. No matter how frequent I pump, it seems to be like tt. In this case, I think i shd pump every 6 hrs since I get the same amt plus I get to sleep!! I think so too, just tt by bottle more troublesome la. Many bottles to wash...but my MIL seems to think latch is better, keep asking me to try. V stressful...

Tks mummies for the input. As I thougth so. Cos I can't remember where I read or hear EBM can store till 3days. I was quite surprise...

eunice (alayna), Happy Bb's 1st month too.. Got who else? We can hv a MASS 29MAR b'day party next time.

Idaar, tks. How are you coping now? If you need help, let me nod ok? The milk bag- usually lasinoh 1 box 50pcs is abt $18-20. Playtex pricing I am nt too sure

Aiya! now pumping milk. 1 breast bigger than the other...

ow_mummy, does the S size for nepia have urine indicator? i find tt v useful as the diapers r so absorbent, i cant really tell whether its time for change.

TKtotts, hehe, happy 1st mth to ur bb too! I just finished pumping...going to catch some sleep now. Happy pumping...i think uneven breasts is our fate liao...maybe tts y some mums opt to give FM.

<font color="119911">ciarie,
yes, if thaw in fridge, can keep 48hrs, if thaw outside or under running water, muz consume within 4hrs. whr got 101yrs, hahha. leave in fridge for 1 night can le.

eunice,
once thawed cant keep in freezer le, juz like fish n meat, not fresh liaoz.

tktotts,
ur 29 mar bb mass bdae party sounds fun!</font>

Moni mummies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris: oh ok... noted liao!!! hopefully i din give my kia more than 4hours of thawed milk under running water.. :p:p
Aiyo!! exactly 101yrs lo!! Last night brought out, till now, still hard like stone!! sigh...

me just finished pumping.. awake from 6am till now..
sad.gif

mummies..............

ive got a situation w my mum again...
sad.gif

dunno why recently have been getting so many issues w her..
fyi, my mum's character is very out-going and sociable. used to go snr citizen ktv very often b4 she was tied down w 1 grandson, tats my b1..

all these while, my dad is also helping out to tend (play) w b1 so tat my mum has time for other household chores.

few days ago, she told my hubby, everyday do e same thing (taking care of b1).. sianz..
one day after she said to my hubby, she told me e same thing.
ytd, she asked how come my MIL cant take care of her grandson, and its always her...
and she said, i treat other pple's mum like precious, treat own mum like grass..
and i was totally stoned!!

now... im very demoralized.. thking if i shd actually move out and stay on my own, and not wanting to drag her down anymore..
hubby's suggestion: move to our own place, hire a maid.
and leave maid + b1 + b2 with his mum.

sianz........... mummies.. im super sianz cos of this lo...
why must compare tis and compare tat..
keep saying my MIL good life la.. be pple's grandma, dun hve to do anything.
den she has to do everything, and anything lo....

sorry for the long post.. but im really fustrated cos of tis..

ciaire, you mum is normal leh. My mum also told me exactly the same thing. I can understand how she feel. Actually quite unfair cos mil is suppose to be 'nai nai' should have more responsibility instead. My mum is just "wai po" only not "own" grand child. Just treat her better and show that you really appreciate her help. Like that she will feel good feel better and not complain cos she might think it's all worth it.

karrie: what kind of routine did you put mae on? saw on your fb? any help with day and night diff?

kris: when i pump for #1, my hb also got to press and squeeze for me every session. so painful, even painful after pumping session. this time mostly i can get it out but now and then still need his help.

tingting: i think another cake shop will do your design. eh... the name escape me, is it sweet secret or something like that?

dodos: almost 3w still spotting. usually have more after latching or pumping.

Back