(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="ff6000">Morning mummies!! I free today!

Cyan, confirm arh. I'm not going for it already. Can save a lot of money and trouble keke.</font>

<font color="ff6000">I also very tired last night Marie. But as usual, I only slept around 12 plus.. Sigh, that seems to be the earliest I can turn in, dunno why.

I don't know if I am the only one but I am still wearing my underwired bra until now leh. I don't find it uncomfortable at all haha. So I'm wondering if I really need to buy nursing bras. Heard that underwired bras may cause clog milk ducts right? But if I'm at home, I won't wear bra wor.

Tingting, ya I guess it does depend on individuals but did you friend give birth prematurely? If she did, it would explain the gush coz the bb's head would not yet have engaged in her pelvis, so cannot block the water flow.

LovJ, wah you're really late today. About the childcare leave, it only started 1 Jan 2009 but previously, MOM really told me it is not a law wor.</font>

<font color="ff6000">Rose, I'm of the impression that we don't need a lot of fitted crib sheets coz bb will be on diapers and if you are going to put another absorbent sheet under bb, then the sheets should be clean.

Somemore bb is still so young and won't move much around the bed, so I think we can change the sheets every week/2weeks? Dodos and idaarshad can share coz you two are the most experienced.</font>

<font color="ff6000">bonbon, I also haven't been sleeping very well. Keep needing to turn and turning takes so much effort coz of the watermelon we're carting infront.

I realized though that whenever the airconditioning is on, I can sleep better. I actually had an undisrupted sleep last night leh. Dunno whether it's because I'm too tired or what but I didn't even wake up for my night pee.

This morning super ugent!</font>

<font color="ff6000">Marie, sorry, not on leave tomorrow leh. What's on sale at OG, all bb stuffs and PJs too?</font>

<font color="ff6000">I realized I am always chatting to myself leh.. When I'm here, nobody is here one. Why like that?</font>

Pat, I am here with u...haha:p

Marie, I bought the bumbo seat for $35 dollars a few mths back liao...
happy.gif

Can consider buying second hand bah...

Last weekend, robinsons had 20% sale at baby dept plus 7% GST absorbed pls 5% rebate for card members...super worth it!

Also, if you're robinsons card member, they just sent a voucher for 25% off recently plus 5% rebate for card members...worth it leh..but can only buy max 200sgd worth of products

<font color="ff6000">I'm so lazy to do physical shopping haha. I really rather let my fingers do the walking. A lot of my stuffs are bought online like bb_mum &amp; JamGal. I find it too heavy to lug myself out. Somemore later still have to lug the shopping bags.

You mummies are really very on leh. Especially those who still very steadily travel on public transports. Wah, I think I will give in and stay put at home.</font>

<font color="ff6000">hahah Marie, I just saw your post mah. Paiseh lah. Still got KP too keke.

When can the bumbo seat be used? Ya, I think a lot of ppl selling 2nd hand bumbo seat but why is it so popular?

Seems like Robinsons &amp; Isetan have got all these rebates very often. Economy is not doing well now, so I think maybe there'll be even more of these promotions to encourage spending.

I saw this advert in yesterday's papers. Mini laptop only going for $588 leh. I think it's the consumers' world now. Only depends on how willing we are to part with our cash.</font>

Hi ladies,I've read somewhere that bumbo not that worth to buy ley. Baby will only sit when he/she is still gong gong,when older like 7-8 months onwards,will become active and try to climb out of bumbo seat.If you place bumbo seat on something high like another chair ,maybe will be quite dangerous

pat, if you ask me to share i would say no need crib sheets. Infact alot of things hor are....don't need one lor. :p

Most of the time you buy the things and end up no use at all. But as 1st time parents i can understand.

Like for me water bag burst is something new to me. I never experience that so i don't buy mattress protector sheet. If buy liao no use then wasted.

<font color="0000ff">ya. pat me too.. I a human being.. leh.. someone heavily pregnant as well. hahahaha

Ya from 17 Aug onward, company no need to follow strictly cause they want to give them time to adapt to change, but is a mandatory requirement wef 1 jan 09..</font>

oh my 4-5 month old niece was still unable to sit on her own ,so when we put her in her bumbo seat,she look very poor thing and tend to lean forward due to her back not strong enough.MIL says that no good,will cause her spine to bend.
So if babies can start to hold on something to stand,maybe by that time,they won't want or it is dangerous to sit in their bumbo seat. I can only guess that bumbo seats can only use for a short period of time like a few months

gonna be lunch time soon! yeah.. any mummies like me starting to be very fickle about food? i don't have much cravings except BBT and recently its peanut butter sandwich. but sometimes i can take 15-20min decide what to eat.. its not really like first trim where no appetite and morning sickness, now its more like very very indecisive haha..

Rose, I bought a queen sized one for my boy, I put it underneath the bedsheet, is just like a normal protector except is waterproof. I've slept on my boy's bed b4, dun find it warm, and no rustling sound also. He sleeps w/o the aircon, so should be ok.

As for your concern on no. of crib sheets to buy, I can work on 3 cos I wash my laundry every day, if not I can hand wash it, since is only 1 tiny pc. For me, it'll work more when they're older like can start rolling about, bound to have leaks and vomit etc. Is more hygienic to wash the sheet and protector than sunning/drying the mattress, somehow will still have a smell. So might as well get now, can have more mileage! hahaha

My 2 friends baby enjoy sitting on the bumbo seat leh, so when i sae $30 for second hand grab first!:p hehe..

Robinsons still has 20% off like avent bottles, nuk, etc...but no more GST rebate lah...tat was last weekend not sure abt now

<font color="ff6000">actually you're right dodos. our mothers' generations made do with so much lesser than what we have today. It's our affluence now that turned all these wants into needs lor.

My friend also just carried a handy towel around everywhere and lined it on wherever she sat. So no need absorbent sheet also. But when you have the money to spare and the item offers convenience, you'd think why not?

KP, what lobang share leh keke. Do you think it's necessary to get the car seat now? Coz I went kiddy palace and the sales told me to get it when bb's delivered.</font>

<font color="ff6000">KP, that's a very cute infant kicker haha. Very nice actually. It costs US36-37 but what about shipping? Still cheaper? What's the exchange rate now? About 1.5 but banks always charge a little higher. So I'm guessing about 1.52 bah.

LovJ, ok lah. you're excused keke. I'm not yr boss mah haha.</font>

juxta,is your protector made of rubber?
Thanks for the advice,so the order of putting protector will be mattress-protector-crib sheet
will go and buy more crib sheets to change then. I only have 2 sets for the 2 cribs that I have.
got 2 cribs cuz 1 crib at my house,1 crib at MIL house.

Wah,very very expensive to buy.I spent $89.90 X 2 to buy 2 sets of cribsheet,bumper and comforter set!

Anyone know where I can just buy cheap cribsheets without bumper,bolster,pillow &amp; conforter?

KP, Thanks! I'll prob ask my fren to check for me later.

My sis helped me buy Pureen baby clothes detergent(liquid &amp; powder) from KKH. Liquid 2L bottle @ $9.90, powder 2 boxes @ $11. She said it's cheap. So mummies if anyone goes KKH can check it out.
happy.gif

Rose, you can get crib sheets at those neighbourhood stores/pasar malam if your not particular about quality, is under $10 per pc. If you find it stiff, wash a few runs or with softener,

The protector is not rubber, quite like normal protector but is not so soft only. Not the hospital kind hor

<font color="ff6000">Marie, that's a wise choice leh. I actually was trying to persuade hubby not to get a car coz I'm thinking it would help us to save more. No need to pay for installments, no need to pay for servicing, no road tax, no car insurance, no season parking, no petrol, no coupons, no summons, no car grooming, no maintenance... Wah can buy a lot of things leh.

I said so much but he only said one thing, "I need the car." *roll eyes*

And yesterday, he was telling me that we should get an MPV, so that when we have a bb next time, the bb can strapped behind and the doggie can be stuffed in the 'boot' area where doggie cannot have access to passengers/driver. I pretended not to hear anything lor.</font>

Thanks juxta,will go hunt :)

Oh I saw someone mentioning in the earlier posts that J&amp;J products not good for baby's skin as it is drying.Alamak,I bought 2 bottles of J &amp; J top to toe wash.Looks like i need to rebuy.Any recommendations on what brand is good or suitable?

Re: Car Seat
Heard from experienced friends that if you have a car,better to start bb on car seat from day 1 so that they will get used to the routine.If after a while then buy and start on car seat,bb may not want to sit on it.

<font color="ff6000">bonbon arh. I am a pig, I think I will slurp anything. Just that if you give me something I like, I will slurp it up more happily keke.

I think it's normal bah. It's your body's way of telling you what you need I feel. what's BBT? Bubble Tea?

Rose, you don't have to buy the whole set if you already have enough, especially the bumper and the comforter. Just get the sheets, pillow cases, bolster cases. BB will just need a fresh change of sheets. I got mine at Kiddy Palace coz it was the convenient place for me.</font>

for working mums, sometimes there is the tempatation to just take MC n rest at home. but i'll feel so guilty cos boss n colls all so understanding during my horrible 1st trim when i took some MC. then my due date is 22 april but last scan moved to 18 april so i'll try to endure and go on ML as late as possible. meaning when we're back from ML in late july or early aug 09, we are left with 5mth to clear all the remaining AL 10days, plus those 6 days childcare leave? dunno if my colls will be unhappy cos have to continue covering the work lol

will childcare leave be pro-rated by company? since our babies born this april year only?

Pat, sent you an email for car seat...

I am very interested in the baby kicker (see pic) cos its very cheap on this website...the others all sell more ex...but out of stock at the moment..I calculated, after shipping still cheaper than the $199 i see here lor!

2174431.gif

<font color="ff6000">I have heard that it is better for infants to be put into car seats after a few weeks, instead of right after delivery wor. Seems bb will still be very fragile them, so we give them sometime to build up their bones before letting them travel in car seats. Maybe about a month later?

Of course if you start them late, eg 6 months, maybe they will object.</font>

yeah pat,exactly! His little room is brimming with so much extra stuff!My friend made me a beansprout shell pillow and bolster.Then i heard sleeping on latex pillow (with the hole in the middle) is better,so I bought 1.
After buying the 2 sets of comforter + bumper + pillow +crib sheet + bolster set, I end up with too much extras!

2 extra pillow,2 extra bolster, 1 extra comforter .Aiyo!

<font color="ff6000">Childcare leave will be any 12-month period as agreed by you and your company leh. So this you would have to discuss with your boss already. Probably start when you come back from maternity?</font>

<font color="ff6000">J&amp;J's stuff harsh for baby? I've always thought the J&amp;J is the trusted brand for bbs after dominating the market for so long leh. I've practically gown up using J&amp;J, even until now haha.

My dad's still using the yellow No-Tears Shampoo keke.</font>

<font color="ff6000">KP, actually a lot of things that we buy from US are really much cheaper. With vpost having promotion and some US sites having promotions and giving free shipping, I think all our money go to helping the US economy recover rather than our own economy haah.

I will go check my email now.

Rose, I also have a comforter but I have heard ppl say that infants do not need comforters and there is a risk of suffocation. So I think my comforter will be used as a 'cusion' for bb so that bed is softer.

Why don't you try asking if any mummies are interested to buy your pillows/bolsters &amp; comforter ala carte?</font>

I also end up with 2 extra pillows and bolsters.

The comforter can act like protector?? bb don't need blanket so i usually put bb on top. Usually just change the comforter.

<font color="ff6000">KP, the bb is so cute! hahaha But it does encourage the bb to kick more coz of all the 'rewards' it gets when it kicks. Lights lah, music lah.. Can train bb to be a soccer player next time.</font>

Back