(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

mummybean - kirs doesnt fight with the tv with us... WHY? because when she is ard, tv is permanently on Disney channel... wahahaha!!!!

misscandy
You can give golden kiwi. pack with alot of vit c. 1 golden kiwi = 2 apples

btw, i just came back from japan. will cut and paste my wall fr fb.

My whole body started to itch when i was in japan. hands are dry and red and tummy and thighs with stretchmark and spots from a little scratch and flaking legs.... need intensive moisturizing now...

Anlinna Lim Just came back from japan! so tiring and japan is not a place for family with young children!!!
58 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (13)Hide Feedback (13)

Anita Heng likes this.
o
Kelly Tan o..u shld bring the kid to disneyland my dear..
56 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Irene Lee actually they r very family-pro at most attractions except for the squeezing of train.
52 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Anlinna Lim
i nvr. cos she is only 18mths and waste $ to bring her with 3 paying adults and i m preg so i cant do much there too.

we din cover much cos it is not convenient to travel in japan. beside expensive accommodation, food & transportation, there... are so many subways without child / handicap friendly elevator available. hubby had to carry the luggages up and down and lucky my mum went with us. so that one will be upstairs and downstairs for him to carry the stuff up!!!

One day we spent mini $100 just to eat simply and travel around!!! Gosh it is so expensive.See More
49 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Anlinna Lim
we cant push the stroller up the escalator and every time we have to find elevator in malls, subways etc.

I wonder how those jap mummies cope wo the elavator!!!

The living expenses are x2 and wonder is their pay x2 at least otherwise how to m...atch.See More
47 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Kelly Tan i believe u muz hv tired ya
46 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Anlinna Lim
and i heard fr hubby that they are v honest pple but i think they are pple living in their own world and inconsiderate and selfish.

Rarely pple in the trains & buses gave up seats too me when most of the time i was carrying bags of stuff and... folded stroller with big tummy even when there is a "courtesy seats" sign on!!! They were awake and not sleeping.See More
44 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Anlinna Lim ya tired. lucky i m fine. cos my health has not always been good and esp during pregnancy.
43 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Kelly Tan pls do take gd health ya.
36 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Anlinna Lim thx.
32 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Anita Heng Oh yes.. Japan is nice but you are right! Not easy to go while preggy n with a young toddler
24 minutes ago · UnlikeLike · 1 personLoading...
o
Anlinna Lim we went for 10 days to tokyo, kyoto and osaka. covered most places that we planned except Nara Deer park...
17 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Anlinna Lim Citadines apt in shinjuku is expensive, swissotel in osaka is great and accessible and i forgot the name of the ryokan we stayed in kyoto, not v trad thou.
16 minutes ago · Like

missycandy:
hahaha... I very bad la cos want some entertainment but only one set up box.. ha.. so hubby always ask me giv in to him like 2 kids fighting for tv.. ha... actually ur lie on the floor prob lately Favian also started it to outside
sad.gif
dunno where they learn it from or its part of developmental process.. btw the Nordic is very nice tasting ! If u wan can let Kirs try as Favian also not a syrup person but now he demand for his DHA feed daily..

reverie island ...

The cod liver oil is good for building up immune system and lung - so that can prevent cough and stuff. My #1 goes to child care and I can see a significant improvement when I start giving him the cod liver oil. No right or wrong cos its just supplement and not a replacement of their daily fruit and vegetable intake.

Missy ...

I will start SH on the Brands chewable vits when he turns 2. My #1 is taking that too .. SH always see until his eyes big big hahaha but can only start at 2yrd old for the Brands one.

I put the cod liver oil inside SH's cereal cos its really oily and he choaks whenever I feed him the oil direct hahaha

Btw ... I went home to check and realise that the bottle I have is 8oz. So Sg selling 8oz for $47.90 and the BP is selling at $44
----------------------------------------
The 8oz bottle is USD20.36 x 1.4 = $28.50
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-2543-nordic-naturals-childrens-dha-100-arctic-cod-liver-oil-8-oz

Anyone keen? I can place the order and you gals can either collect from my place anytime (Bishan St 11) cos should be on confinement by then =)

Dun really recommend postage though cos its in glass bottle.

Nordic Natural Cod Liver Oil - 8oz
1) Seabreeze x 1

strawberrys
my maid is frm indo...
she came just right in time when my boy hit separation anxiety so it was really hard for my boy to adapt with her..
firs few weeks refused her to feed him, give milk or put down to sleep by her..
he only wanted to be accompanied by her if my maid say she wants to bring him to playground..but that also took 1 week..before that he will cry n scream 'mamma..mamma..'
so heartpain for me too... but i've to let him..if not..he will nvr get used to the maid

Ya reverie Island..some mummies prefer to let the child take supplements when they attend childcare to build up the immunity system..of cos still continue give them fruits n vege...

haa Missycandy...so cute Kris loves her disney channel ya u need some breather manz so is good to let them watch their favourite DVD or channel...
My C loves her educational and children christian DVD video and helps to build up her vocab fast! I am gng to buy veggie tales for her...gng to borrow frm my churchmates 1st
happy.gif

missy, nic also dun like syrup but most of the chewable supplement is for 2 n above. hee hee so u still need to wait. but buy from GNC is v ex, it is selling v cheap in drugstore. I always buy supplement from there hee hee next time when our kids reached 2yrs old. we can organise spree for supplement!

tok abt TV, wow nic is a TV addict lor always wan us to switch on her bb tv, bb genius or barney dvd for her. she nt sian i also sian keep on repeating.

Prosper ...

Have PM you =)

Juju & Gabymum ...

I personally recommend the nordic cod liver oil for this age cos its suitable from 7mths and abv. The concentration level of the nordic cod liver oil is much much higher n purer compared to the scott emulsion and each time only give 2.5ml and 1 8oz bottle can last for abt 3mths.

So in terms of price ... it may seem high for a start bit its abt the same cos they just need v little everyday.

Blurjen ...

I mix the cod liver oil into his cereal ... I guess you gals can mix into the porridge (1st bowl) as well. The taste is q nice and my #1 likes it too. Maybe when you pop by my place can let nic try heehee

Am trying to build up SH's immune system before he starts CC next year ... I rem for my #1 ... his workbook from the 2hr nursery always have like 'absent' marked all over hahaha cos kept coughing.

seabreeze, oh i nv tot of put into the porridge leh. ha ha shd try this wkend. mine is childlife strawberry flavor one, buy until now only eat once lor now in the fridge n rot lor. hee hee i wan to buy up her immune system b4 she go PG next yr, i even bought vit c lor. my hubby said i KS then i told him when she is sick, we need to suffer too lor n i cannot afford her to sick often esp i got 2 kids next yr.

seabreeze - wa ok.. i shall wait til next yr when she turns 2 then get brands... but currently i need to build up her immunity... shes been having runny nose n cough for more than a week already... vicious cycle.. just when thought its getting better.. it acts up again... so must give her vit c! ive tried gnc multi vits and scotts emulsion.. she wil run far far away when she sees it...
sad.gif

mango - wad christian dvds do u show her? im starting to let her watch the leapfrog.. alphabet factory daily... i quite like it... hee hee... i tried showing the word factory but she like blur... so i think i shall just stick to the letter factory 1st... hehehe...

I have the Cordlife S$150 discount voucher. I forgotten who wants it. Let me know and PM me so that I can mail it to you ya!

Thanks!

missy ...

My mum sometimes mix the orange scott emulsion + water for my #1 boy to drink. Like drinking orange flavoured water like that ... try and see if k is ok with that.

SH watches barney, thomas, sesame street, leapfrog and even some chinese children karaoke VCD that my mum bought hahaha but I usually on the TV to entertain him when I am feeding him. Otherwise he and the gor gor will just play with toys.

Missycandy, there are some very educational christian DVD, I went to Tan Boon Liat building to this SKS mega christian bookstore.
I bought babyfaith series and donut man...She enjoy alot n even know start learning how to worship
happy.gif

I want to find veggie tales but no more selling liao so gt to borrow or ask my church frens to burn for me

Mangogal
what is e content of bAby faith n donut man? My hubby not christian n I thot of exposing her to christianity when there is a chance.
I bought e I can read DVD but nvr started letting her watch. Haha.

Any mummies keen to order Nordic Cod Liver Oil for your little one? Both my boys are taking this and I find it q good.

Vitakids and some other organic shop are selling at $47.90 for a 4oz bottle.

US website is going at USD13.56 x 1.4 (based on exchange rate of 1.40) = $18.98 (exclude shipping)

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-4919-nordic-naturals-childrens-dha-4-oz

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-2543-nordic-naturals-childrens-dha-100-arctic-cod-liver-oil-8-oz

Anyone keen? I can place the order and you gals can either collect from my place anytime (Bishan St 11) cos should be on confinement by then =)

Nordic Natural Cod Liver Oil - 4oz
1) Prosper
2)
3)
4)

1) Seabreeze x 1
2) Asura x 1

Trying to get USD100 so that we can enjoy free ground shipping =)

missy, no prob
happy.gif

reverie, oh babyfaith is abt illustrating bible stories..using puppets
donut man using songs and rhymes talknig abt God's love

Y u never let ur tod watch I can read? Now their stage pick up words very fast..esp watching live tv illustration rather books or flashcards...give a try!
Can ur tod say alot of words?

mango - i jus did a google for veggie tales, they sell in amazon.. hmm.. but so many series leh... !!! can ask for donut man, what did u get? i also see like so many choices.. hmmm

Any mummies keen to order Nordic Cod Liver Oil for your little one? Both my boys are taking this and I find it q good.

Vitakids and some other organic shop are selling at $47.90 for a 4oz bottle.

US website is going at USD13.56 x 1.4 (based on exchange rate of 1.40) = $18.98 (exclude shipping)

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-4919-nordic-naturals-childrens-dha-4-oz

Nordic Natural Cod Liver Oil - 4oz
1)
2)
3)
4)

1) Seabreeze x 1
2) Asura x 1
3) Prosper

Trying to get USD100 so that we can enjoy free ground shipping =)

1) Seabreeze x 2
2) Asura x 1
3) Prosper x 1
4) Babe Koozie x 1

Ok we got USD100 liao ... I go and place order now.

Mangogal
thot it is bad for Tod so dun wanna let her watch. I use flashcards n borrow 12 books for her every 3 weeks. She loves books. Will let her watch soon.

I teach her to read n speak. CAn say e following but some r clear only.
Excuse me
thank you
pls
good morning
nana teacher
baboon. I was so surprise when I pointed to a pic on a book n she tell me baboon!
Tokyo Osaka Kyoto which we juz went
temple
wheel
elephant
hipo

Morning mummies,

My boy had MMR jab last Sat and yesterday he started to hav slight fever at 37.6. But since last sat he don hav appetite to eat his lunch n dinner. he also show signs of diarrhea but not of watery type. About 3-4times a day of soft n sticky stools. Last night he drink 150ml of his milk n vomitted once. Midnight i prepare milk with half portion of the FM, he can finished it but not vomit. This morning, I took his temp is 37.1 degree. Any mummies had the same problem? Not sure wan to bring him to PD tonight.

Jo's Mummy,

This morning we brought Bree for her 18mthsbooster jab as well as MMRV..

My gf told me that fever will kick in 4 -5 days later and might have diarrhea as well.

as for vomiting, better check with PD..

jo - u might want to call the PD clinic and ask whether its normal to have such experience for yr child post mmr jab... they wld be able to advise you... and also tell you if you need to bring yr child back to PD...
happy.gif

im waiting to bring kirs for her 18mth mmrv booster as well as 5 in 1... she's still having cough n runny nose off n on... so have to wait... sigh...

missy, i took the mmr jab at polyclinic. they only tell me will have fever after 3-5days or after 1 week. then next mth will go for the booster. strange they don allow me to take mmr n booster together, must separate strictly 1mth.

anyway i called home ard 2+ after my boy's pm nap. my MIL say he still don hav appetite to eat his porridge but no fever, diarhea or vomit at all. he can drink his normal milk. so i guess he is ok already.

thanks!!

Jo's mummy..

strange.. my PD gave 2 jabs for Bree.. one at each thigh..

then we are asked to take the MMRV booster 2 mths later..

as for Pneumococcal.. we are asked to go back for it one month after today..

why strange ? kirs also had 2 jabs before.. heh...

shes due for her MMRV booster... and 5in1 but nt fully recovered.. so cannot... after these 2 jabs.. shes free frm jabs til pri sch... unless i wana give her the influenza vaccines... =P

after MMRV, my boy had fever on day 3 and coughing as well.. fever last for 5 days and the first 3 days was as high as 39 degree..

he took MMRV when he was 17m, last week (18m) went back to PD for 5 in 1 booster and no fever...next appointment will be in january for MMRV booster..
PD advised MMRV booster to be taken when my boy is 20-24 months... after this jab in january..he will have completed all vaccination. PD said if we take MMRV, no need to get MMR booster at primary 1..so all finished before he reach 2.

HOnestly, I hate MMRV jab. my boy never had fever due to jab before..but with MMRV he got high fever n coughing as well... I really pray the booster wont cause him any fever.

lenny - can why not? kirs got her pneu n 6in1 together last time... next one the mmrv n 5in1 will be together... i guess it depends... somehow every PD n Doc has their own practice... all in all.. as long as it doesnt harm the kid, no problems there.... but i think double whammy is better... then 1 wk one bam... wk after another bam... hehehe

miss83 - yes... doc was telling me... for mmrv.. kirs took at 15mths.. booster at 18mths... then after that in pri sch dont need mmR ...
happy.gif

yes yes...pneumo and 6 in 1 can..but that time i request to be separated to reduce risk of getting fever.

mummies
why is it so difficult for my boy to transition from 2 naps to 1 nap...now we're so stuck... 2 naps too many and bedtime getting difficult...1 nap is not enough..he ends up overtired and wakes up alot at night.. because 1 nap, he doesnt sleep long enough..only 45 mins..probably bcoz overtired also..
and some more.. he is now getting naughty..if mommy put him to sleep..he always want to play with me no matter how sleepy he is..but with daddy...he's very quiet and only takes 10 mins to fall asleep..my hb says bcoz he sees me as fun mommy so he wants to play2 =_='

Missy..

need your advice. this is the first time that Bree is taking 2 jabs at one time so i really don't know what to expect.

Previously, she didn't get fever when she took her 6 in 1.

She took a 18th mths booster jab and a MMRV jab on Monday. so far her temperature has hit the highest at 38.4 Deg. This morning, she has went back to 36.5 Deg.

This fever that has just passed, i don't know if its due to the 18mths booster jab. if it is, am i expecting another fever coming due to MMRV tomorrow or friday?

or is this fever caused by both jabs taken at the same time? if it is.. once subsided, means she won't get post vaccination fever again?

lenny - frm what i knw, fever can come n go.. depending.. for kirs, when she took mmrv, she had fever 5 days later... but only slight.. didnt go higher than 38... previously when she took 2 jabs, i do not recall her having much problems... i dont recall la... heh... if have fever also it lasts a day or 2 thn goes off... its just the body reacting to the drugs...

if the fever does come back for a few days, u might want to check with terence... but lets just observe bree for the next few days... if she has fever but still hyper n active then it shld be fine... but if it affects her diet, activities, best to bring back to terence..
happy.gif

*hugshugs bree*

Missy..

Thanks.. Bree has been active despite her fever..
Running around at home messing up the whole house, blabbering and terrorizing us.

food wise.. she is not eating much for a start so she still eats the same.

today afternoon.. she had diarrhea once..

Thanks Missy

lenny - can dont sound so formal or not? macham reporting to me leh. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! *bish bish bish*

anyway hope bree is better now
happy.gif

im so proud of Kirs! yesterday went to fetch her from sch, she didnt see us... she was sitting with her friends... exchanging stickers... it was such a CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sight!!! my heart really warmed up seeing her mingle with other kids.. plus it looked so darnnnnnnn cute! *sigh* feel like crying now. LOL!!!! *muacks muacks muacks Kirs* heee

anyway today dropped her off at sch, she did tear a bit... but getting better...
happy.gif
so happy!

Back