(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


Hi mummies
Haven't post for a long time. Latest update on my no.2, is a girl. A boy first and now a girl, I can officially ORD.

And btw, just when me and husband are happy to know the gender and happily went shopping, we met a car accident outside taka just when we were coming home. Our car sandwiched between 2 Merc, one SLK and one white Merc taxi. So suay...but luckily we are all right and my boy wasn't hurt too. He just got a bit of shock initially that's all.
 
Update on my noti here.

She is going 11mths in few days time. Her feeding is only 2 times porridge usually 12pm and 6pm. The rest will be 220ml milk each time. She is drinking well and eating well. Sometimes can finish 2 bowls of porridge.
I wonder if any babies here eating other than porridge? Seems hear babies here having other solids. Care to share.
 
lenny - the pacifier initially they wil reject... but u must tap it on their mouth... after awhile they will take to it... but then again to intro the paci nw might nt be too good also... becos will wana wean them off it soon also... heh heh...

scrumpee - wa... tk care wor...

prosper - wow... kayle drinks quite a lot of milk... hee hee... you can also give bread... yogurt... pasta... not sure abt noodles...
 
Donroxx
CLAP x3 for your boy. I was already amazed that u told me he could sit up in his spring cot the last time we met. Now, he started walking. Wonderful!
 
hi mummies been soo long since i last posted...

prosper: my boy also taking porridge twice a day, timing abt yours n 180ml milk for the rest of the day...other than porridge, also nth le..

scrumpee, grats on yr 2nd n so good to have a girl...
 
Prosper,

My boy takes pasta, bread, yoghurt, rice puffs, slightly mashed fruit (soft and juicy ones like melon and papaya or peach) and banana. He can feed himself if he can hold it in his hands.I used to give porridge when my mum was here but its too muxh hassle to cook.oh at nursery has has taken mashed. Potato too..
 
prosper,

we give almosteverything like bread, unmashed fruits, baby pasta, white rice, baked potatoe. Think for chinese type of noodles, i would give her after her bday. THinking of making mee sua for her on her actual bday.. together with 1 egg.. since can eat egg white liao.. i read should give bb whole chicken leg too.. but that's a myth.. hahahah
 
hello...

just wonder does anyone know what to feed baby when they have indigestion and diarrhae???

well i changed his milk bottle to PLAYTEX drop in..the teats seems to be softer.so this few days i am givig ugin a wide variety of bottles..ahaha....sometimes nuk, playtex and avent, tomee tippee hahaha...
so he wont have a preferrence,.hahaa

food...as he went thru a few days 2-days of loose stool (suspect either teething or indigestion) i went slow on his solids. read that diarrhea can give banana, bread and yogurt..
but when i gave, he pooped and spilled his diaper..
so i intended to go slow...on his porridge.like today..for lunch, i gave super soft porridge w mashed sweet potatoes w pork, dinner he had a small bowl of mashed pumpkin and a bowl of white porridge...

so far his pooped once today and it was soft though but does not have the acidic smell like last 2 days. so hopefully it was all due to this TEETHING thing..but he does get abit more cranky and whinning as well as sticky...
 
asura, i have given mee sua to ugin oredi as well as kway teow...
hehehe
oh yes....his bday that's a good idea..hahaha
and tke a pict with the red eggs and the bowl of mee sua....hahaa
 
Scrumpee... congratz on "ord"! also glad that everyone is ok! your boy was in a car seat?

Lenny n Jacqueline.. thanks! i'm also very amazed at how much he is progressing. now trying to get him to learn stuff others can do already - listen to instructions lol.

Daphne.. Happy Birthday to Ugin!
 
USA Grad Student Research with Singapore Parents - Quick Survey

Thank you to those who have completed my survey - I have already received 20 responses!! I am hoping to get 10 more so I can do my comparison study. Can you share this with other parents you know? I really appreciate the help and am so excited about studying in your country! Here are the details...

I am a graduate student at the University of St. Thomas in the United States (Minnesota), participating in a study abroad course in Singapore at the National Institute of Education. The study is to learn more about couple's relationship as they take on the role of parenthood.

The following people are invited to take the 5-minute survey:
* Have you had your first (and only) child in the past six months to 24 months?
* Do you live with the co-parent?
* Is it the first child for both partners?

To start the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=odvEJo1BPt_2bCF3hlE7BK7g_3d_3d

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary and confidential. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Robyn Maley
 
Donroxx
Thanks. My boy is not on the car seat, I was carrying him as it was a short distance to home. But for this case, I am glad I was holding on to him because we were hit on the side where the car seat is.
 
srumpee
congras!!! hope my next one is ger and i can oso close shop lor... ^_^

prosper
other than porridge / milk, i oso gave rice, white bread to my boi...
 
scrumpee, soooo good ler..lil princess..wow..sweet..i also hope can get lil princess for #2!!!

prosper, i gav him a lot of food...bread, baked sweet potato, beancurd, toufu, mashed potato w/o sauce, teething rusk, bb cookies anything tat is is soft, i will let him try..

i am still looking for supplier for t shirt printing...
 
mummies,

do u still need to blend bb's food now that bb is coming to 11 months?

my boy has 4 teeth each on top and bottom, but still cant swallow well if i dun blend his porridge till very smooth. he will have a gagging reaction, like going to vomit. is this normal?
 
elina - i stil blend her veggies... her meats its minced but i make sure its very mashed of some sort... the porridge, i grind the rice into powder... faster to cook also.. hee..

i tried giving her very soft rice porridge, she cn take it... and also carrot bits which was cooked together with the porridge... i give her few pieces and "teach"her to chew... she can do it... but only when i have time then i do it like that.. if not its pregrinded rice, blended vegs n minced meats. hee.

she has tendency to choke easily... initially she wld gag n vomit if the meat not mashed into very very small soft bits... sigh... but its i feel its time for her to learn how to chew... she has 8 teeth as well.. 4 top n 4 bottom...

anyway, she has the bad habit of putting her hand in her mouth, gagging n vomiting... sigh...
 
elina.. maybe baby is going through a phase of not liking solids? mine went through this phase recently - will gag and use finger to dig out the food in his mouth. now he is ok with solids again and prefers teochew porridge n food he can chew softly. for veg he would eat small pieces of spinach stalk (all fiber removed).
 
So mummy here gave all these as their meal instead of milk?
I did gave all these solids but not for her meal. Think should be ok ba. Today I gave her bite stawberry. I saw her very kelian keep pointing at those stawberries on the plate and my hb refuse to give her eat. So I be the angel and gave her bite bite... Haa
 
Scrumpee
Thank goodness you're all okay. Take care

shayna's progress:
I still blend her food till smooth. She's still on 2 meals a day, morning mixed fruits with oatmeal, evening meat n veg porridge. She's always shakes her head just before starting her meal but always finishes everything in the end. During lunch, I give her biscuits/ soft rusks. At least she drinks a lot of water throughout the day now unlike previously. She's still not walking unassisted yet but is a good crawler and can climb a flight of stairs very fast. She's quite a smiley, friendly and talkative gal and makes all sorts of sounds that are so funny to listen to. She has 4 teeth and 3 more just waiting to come out. She's still TBF so she's also very used to waking up a few times throughout the night wanting to latch on. I will let it go on till she turns one when I'll start weaning her.

True, our babies are so very cute at this stage, trying this and that, being super active and how we look forward to them reaching new milestones as each day passes and yet at the same time wish they could stay this way just a while longer.
happy.gif
Well, enjoy them as they are all finally turning the BIG ONE!
 
Scrumpee
Congrats. Both you and your hubby must be very happy to have a boy and a girl no. Wish i have a girl too but tooooo..bad not going to have #3 already. Feel so relieved to know that you and your family are ok. Take god care yourself also.
 
Hehee how's everybody! My boy luvs hs porridge but not much of a milk drinker, max 180ml each times, sometimes only 120ml and he refuse to drink anymore. But in between, breakfast is cereals w some fruits, tea is some fruits and rubbish in between with whatever we eat, bread, pasta, etc. (ya, he gives that kelian look so we feed him all sorts of junk :p)
He's blabbing a lot too, his latest word is Elmo, probabl becoz i kept repeating to him in his softbook. He says apple and O for orange, and makes a growling noise when he sees lion. He can point to fan, lantern, chair and us (like daddy, mummy, gong gong, por por) but cant walk yet, still crawling around. Can see some red gums and more drooling these days so think teeth number 9 is coming....scary...
 
Starflower ...

At least K is still drinking milk ... SH is TOTALLY not drinking milk and water from bottle ... so I need to feed him cereal in the morning and before he zzzz ... and cook super soupy porridge for him so that he can get 'water' that way

he can take a few grain of rice and love to eat our food

prosper ...

watch out for strawberry cos it triggers allergy in some of the babies ... i fed SH cod liver oil (strawberry flavour) and immed he had rashes around his neck
 
Gracie is 11 mths and 1 week thereabouts and she has been eating lotsa table food since ... 10mths? Can't rem but it has been a long while that she is eating our food. She is a chewer, so even for porridge her favourite is the teochew porridge type i.e. the normal ones we adults take. In fact she prefers to eat rice than porridge; I will simply add some soup or water to her rice to soften the grains slightly. Her favourite food is fish.

Other stuff she takes regularly will be cheese sandwich, plain bread and ... actually too many to count cos she basically takes alot of our table food, except for those that have too strong a flavour or which are not recommended for her age.
happy.gif


A good snack is to place a slice of regular (not low fat or skim) sandwich cheese between 2 pieces of bread, flatten the sandwich so the bread / cheese will stick together, then use a knife to cut into bite size. Gracie will happily sit on the high chair ot nibble on these bits. I do not remove the soft crust on the bread as I do not want her to grow up with the bad habit of eating the white part only. :p

so happy for all of us! Wow some babies can really do a lot of things. Hahha lazy mama here hardly teaches Gracie anything. Oh oh wait Gracie recognises the phrase "Happy Face". Whenever we say this to her, she will grin and make a super cute monkey face which is so delightful to watch. :)

Just introduced promil gold to her as I am in the process of weaning her off. Am introducing dairy milk probably tomorrow too as I intend to give a mixture of full cream milk and FM from now on

Ladies, lunch this week? Sorry that I missed the last one at the last minute. Let's have one on either thu or fri, 12.30pm. Say vivo? A small group will be fine too.
 
seabreeze,
I would like to give cod liver oil too but I thought that is for 2 years and above? So we can actually start giving now?

Re: babies chewing
I think that if you want baby to chew more then you probably need to stop blending the food or at least don't blend it too well. Gradually increase the "coarseness" of the food and eventually your baby will get the picture. And that Heinz Farlin teething rusk (round biscuits) is an excellent food to teach them to chew as it is very crispy when dry and there is minimal choking hazard as it quickly dissolves into a paste when in contact with liquid, in this case, their saliva.
 
missycandy,

I think it's not so easy to introduce pacifiers leh. I mean, some babies might be more inclined towards pacifiers than others. Mine for example, DIE DIE refuses to try pacifiers. I've heard countless advice and tried it all with sufficient length of trial each time. And I have at least 4 different people (including my MIL and my mom) tried repeatedly too. Gracie simply hates it. Could be because I waited till around 3 or 4 mths before I introduce.
 
alfafa ...

I buy the Nordic Natural one suitable from 7mths and above.

I tried to feed SH but think it was too cold so he spit it out hahahaha thinking that once he is ok with strawberry ... I will put the cod liver oil in his food for a start

Its pure cod liver oil ...

Btw ... I wan to order some stuff from drugstore ... anyone wan to order the destini cream or teething tablet??
 
scrumpee,

congrats!!! so happy for you. My #2 is going to have to wait as I'm unexpectedly re-joining the marketplace after CNY. Actually I was ambivalent about staying as a SAHM and start a business proper or go back to work once she hits 1. Then a phonecall came out of the blue and the offer was too attractive to let it pass so there we go. My mom has kindly volunteered to help take care of gracie too - that makes her a super grandma taking care of 4! Anyway, told her that if at any point in time she changes her mind I am perfectly fine with sending gracie to IFC.

Aiiii wonder when can I have #2.

Oh dear just read about your accident. Thank goodness that you are well. Thank God! I do think that more often than not car seat is a life saver. So for us, Gracie mjust be in a car seat as long as we are on the road. No ifs or buts. We used to give in to her tantrums but after seeing so many friends and their babies get involved with accidents, we realised that there is no two ways about it. She has to be in a car seat. It was a nightmare at the beginning but we persevered. Once she cried for 1 hours and 15mins. :p but after 2 days she got the picture. Heheh soon after she embraced the idea of sitting in her "throne" and no longer fought it. Heng ah
 
Seabreeze,

cool. I will try to get it this weekend then. I can get from any pharma?

Yes yes count me in for the hyland teething tablet. Kept one tub for myself when I brought them in for pepper and have been using it from time to time. Have not been using it often enough to tell its effectiveness but at least I know that those times when I gave her the tablets she didn't get more cranky lah. :-D
 
Seabreeze

ok ON la. Thur lunch 12.30pm vivo. I need to leave by 2.30pm. there is that swensen one for one still issit? If so meet at swensen??

who else?

lunch Vivo this thu 12.30pm

Seabreeze
Alfafa
 
alfafa ...

I am ordering stuff from drugstore ... cheaper to get from there heehee

Oh the teething tablet is v good ... whenever he wakes up crying during those nights ... just pop 2-3 inside and instantly he can go back to zzzz

Teething tablet
Alfafa
Minnie24

Lunch @ Vivo on 4 Feb - 12.30pm
Seabreeze
Alfafa
 
Alfafa/Seabreeze
Count me in. Staying at home now so free to go over for lunch.

Lunch @ Vivo on 4 Feb - 12.30pm

Seabreeze
Alfafa
Kome
 
alfafa ...

1 bottle is enough if you already have 1 with you now ... i usually give when he is zzz so that he is not 'addicted' to it =) anyway there are so many tablets inside ... can last v long

Kome ...

Btw that time you wanted that encylopedia cards still want?? Cos I only have 1 box left heehee so if you dun wan then I will put it as available for sale
 
Alfafa
Ya lor. No choice. Need to do housework, looking after Anve as he is very sticky etc etc....So very seldom come in already
 
Seabreeze
Oh ya....o sorry. Yes yes. Please keep for me. I forgot all about it as that time Anver kept fallng sick and alot of work with deadline need to setle. So sorry.
 
oh yes yes before I forget. Since we are on the topic of food, not sure if I have mentioned this before but I read an excellent excellent article from a US parenthood magazine that says

Try to introduce food of DIFERRENT colour i.e. representing different food groups to your baby from young. That means try to introduce small bite size bits of say ... broccoli (green), carrot (orange), squash (yellow) and ahhh ... I don't know ... brinjal for purple (not sure if we can feed brinjal yet, just an example) etc as they are visibly coloured, instead of only giving pureed broccoli or carrot for example. This is to get babies familiar with eating vegetables and basically food that are of unusual colours. And because babies this age are much more curious and adventurous to try any food, plus they are eager to please, it is way way easier to start now than when they are older i.e. when they get increasingly assertive
 
oh ok ok 1 tub then.

kome, oh good! then you should make full use of thu to dress up, look pretty and better yet, get some personal shopping done.
 
Alfafa,
Yea, Gracie is a good chewer plus she can feed herself really well. I fed Shayna yogurt and cheddar but she didn't like the cheese. She loves sweet n sour stuff.

Cod liver oil is good but not recommended for babies under 2.
I gotta be off by 130pm but am free for lunch too. So see u thurs!
 
Kome ...

Ok I bring it for you on Thurs then ... since so hard to catch you these days.

alfafa ...

Frankly both my boys are so different when it comes to food ... my #1 was SOLID ... he v bad eater ... for SH it was LIQUID *faint* refuse to drink from bottle and am trying to intro him straw but that stubborn boy dun wan to learn
 
babe ...

the normal cod liver is not suitable but the nordic natural one is pure cod liver oil and suitable from 8mths onwards =)

you all can check it out at those organic shop ...
 
Hi mummies, have been eons since i came in.

scrumpee - congrats on having a gal...i wan a gal terribly too! haiz...but some ppl feedback to me that mine will be a boy next too..only time can tell.

lenny - think u might want to reconsider introducing the pacifier as missy is right, gotta wean them off soon yea...kyan also don't like pacifier like gracie, so we also never give him. we also happy la. hehe.

saw that one mummy posted abt her bb totally refusing bottles. tell me about it...my dear boy now refused to drink milk from bottle now and we have to feed the whole 190ml of milk by spoon! imagine having to wake up early to feed him milk...no wonder mummy can get quite grouchy =P

kyan can say maaaaaaaaaa or mamamamama and mum mum (eating?) now...dunno whether he's crying or calling out for me...lol..

A few days i fed him rough mashed food and i think he choked, gagged and threw the whole portion of food up. scary. from then on i decide i shall try pureed food for a while, or very mashed up foods..abit scared to give him chopped foods leh, cos i think he's not quite into chewing yet. sometimes he will chew then swallow but most of the times he will jus swallow.
 
Dear all, long time no post here, been busy with work and dragging myself to officer everyday :p

Ya at this stage it is so fun to play and interact with our kiddos cos they understand better
happy.gif

I hv fun everyday teaching her and being so delight to see her learning new things and showing new development everyday
happy.gif

She can point herself when we cal her name and count 1,2,3 by using fingers, so cute!

Scrumpee, thk God your family are safe and unharm!
Think no matter what and dispite the distance, kids is the safest in car seat
You take good care
happy.gif


Milk intake,
She only take 100 or 120ml per feed max...smalle drinker cos she prefer eating...
BTW any of your babies grind teeth? I hate the sound!
sad.gif


Seabreeze, can I order the teethig tablet too? thks
happy.gif


Alfafa, good idea to intro these colourful vege to them, my gal loves to chew now,hehe...
BTW, what table food is safe to intro?
 
Seabreeze,
does vitakids sell nordic natural pure cod liver oil?

Need to build up Caroline's immunity system, what super vege/fruits suitable for her or below 1 yr old?
 
All mummies
Thanks for the concern. Yes, our well-being, especially my boy is far more impt than the damaged car. But the poor car now is "hospitalised" till after CNY.

Talking about food. My boy eats anything too and my mum also gives him table food like duck meat, fish, rice and even omelette (although I asked her not to give him egg). My boy can't talk too, just yee yee ah ah and screams loudly. Hope I can hear him blabber a proper word when he turns 11 mths.

Have you mummies start shopping for CNY clothes for your little ones? I just bought two shirt for him over the weekend and oh mine...girl clothes are so much more interesting and every piece is so pretty. I will sure burn a big hole in my pocket next year when my no.2 is out. AND I have already confirmed the chinese name of my girl, she will be called Jing4 Lei3.
 
Hi mummies,
Me too MIA for long time...busy busy busy! Glad to read that Mar babies all developing well and some are turning 1 in Feb!

Srcumpee, congrats! Think u will have to spend alot more $ on your gal cos gal's clothes are so much nicer, haha

Re cheese:
Mummies, what type/ brand of cheese do u intro to your babies?

Re feeding:
Does ur babies like to put fingers in their mouth when u r feeding them? My boy likes to do that if he has nothing to play. Prob is not so much of being fingers in the mouth, but thereafter he will rub his face and scratch his head, so must clean his hand very quickly before the next hand goes into his mouth, aye yaya
 
Seabreeze
Ok, you may bring it on thurs for me. Btw, how much is it? I forgot? Need to prepare the money.

Alfafa
Haha....No income leh. Cannot afford to spend too uch also.
 


babe,
maybe you can try the normal sandwich cheese? I assume you tried the laughing cow one?

Re: feeding cheese
aside from giving it to her on its own, and in a sandwich form, I have also melted the sandwich over her rice (with just enough water to soften the grains slightly) before. So it is kinda like a baby version of baked cheese rice. Wow she loves it man.

teddy baby,
It is safe to give the normal regular sandwich cheese. I give kraft cheese. Just make sure that it is the regular one and not skimmed or Low fat.

Mine does it too from time to time. I have given up wiping her every time she does that and instead only wipe when absolutely necessary or if not, only after the meal. By then her hair would be smelling of whatever she just ate. :p

Seabreeze,
ok ok I'll let you know once I've read up a bit more on cod liver oil. How much would it cost to bring it in btw? and the hylands teething tablets?

Kome,
yah I know what you mean. It was a rude shock when our household income plunged 60plus percent when I became an accidental SAHMTB. And I literally counted pennies when it came to spending on myself too. But it is really important to indulge a little occasionally for sanity's sake. We are still young after all, not 50plus year old ladies
happy.gif


For me, it helped that I have a share portfolio which I actively manage, plus my little part time craft business at the side. Managed to generate a bit of extra cash when I was a SAHM. Perhaps you can think of a personal project that gives you some "me" time plus make a bit of cash at the side? Tiring yes but spiritually and mentally fulfilling. Plus with the extra income I became more at ease with spending on myself. :)
 

Back
Top