pinksorbet,
gracie too. Not sure if this will work for your baby but I'll just share my experience here anyway. Hopefully it can help you.
She was breastfed for the longest of time so she naturally rejected the bottle. Wasn;t a problem before but now that I am going back to work and weaning her off from the breast I really need her to take the bottle. And like what fireangel said previously regarding night feeds, I agree that babies will habituate to whatever undesired behaviour ... in this case, insisting on being breastfed only, because they know that as long as they throw tantrums mommies will cave in anyway. So what I did was refused to latch her and to deal with her hunger by giving her other food. And to keep introducing the bottle to her meanwhile. She retaliated by tossing the bottle away everytime. I also directed her attention (from my breasts) to other things to distract her. e.g. bring her outside for a walk. This worked very well. After an entire day of not taking milk she grudgingly took it eventually but just for a bit, 30ml. But good enough cos at least she tried. Then the next morning, instead of latching her when she awoke I gave her the bottle again and this time she hungrily drank the whole bottle. by today which is the 4th day she got very excited and made the classic milk grunts upon seeing me take the bottle out. Hehehehe
gracie too. Not sure if this will work for your baby but I'll just share my experience here anyway. Hopefully it can help you.
She was breastfed for the longest of time so she naturally rejected the bottle. Wasn;t a problem before but now that I am going back to work and weaning her off from the breast I really need her to take the bottle. And like what fireangel said previously regarding night feeds, I agree that babies will habituate to whatever undesired behaviour ... in this case, insisting on being breastfed only, because they know that as long as they throw tantrums mommies will cave in anyway. So what I did was refused to latch her and to deal with her hunger by giving her other food. And to keep introducing the bottle to her meanwhile. She retaliated by tossing the bottle away everytime. I also directed her attention (from my breasts) to other things to distract her. e.g. bring her outside for a walk. This worked very well. After an entire day of not taking milk she grudgingly took it eventually but just for a bit, 30ml. But good enough cos at least she tried. Then the next morning, instead of latching her when she awoke I gave her the bottle again and this time she hungrily drank the whole bottle. by today which is the 4th day she got very excited and made the classic milk grunts upon seeing me take the bottle out. Hehehehe