(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


Hi mummies!

Was really great to know so many beautiful mummies..

sassybaby,
Thank you for being such a great host. Your house is very lovely

missycandy,
Thank you for organising
happy.gif
 
Sassy/Missy,
Thanks for making the gathering today so wonderful. Sassy, your house is gorgeous!

Really enjoy myself. In fact, I think Shernise enjoyed herself too. Was telling hubby she v well behaved today (unlike her usual self).

But then, bought the beco carrier and hubby said I waste $$ again. I agreed that it's really quite ex, but hopefully it will make my outdoor trips easier.

Re: bb clothes that I took from a mummy today
Sorry. Cannot recall your nick. Can tell me how much is the clothes. Passed them to my niece already. They dun need pay $ of cos take lah (that's wat my mum said).. Heh..
 
Re: Maid
How much is the maid's salary now? I'm paying my new Indo maid $380 (w/o off day). is it a lot?

Am thinking of changing the maid. She's here almost a mth. Everyday make me vomit blood. She's v forgetful and blur. Angry! Her salary is higher cos she worked in sg before. Thinking I might do better with a new fresh maid. Since gotta train anyway, might as well train one who's cheaper.
 
Personalised Rompers:
Who are interested? Wonder if the seller is willing to give us a better price if we have a mass order...

1. Irene
 
JG, speaking about maid.. mine is here for half a year already... apparently she can't get along well with my girls.. especially the elder one... she is quite bias and like my #2 more... Can only do housework la (but need to close one eyes.. recently found she getting lazy.. mop floor with only tap water.. duhz)
regarding taking care of children.. i dun feel safe... we are not comfortable leaving Zachary with her. Luckily got my mom to look after.. sometimes feel like sending her back to agent... and let my #2 take school bus for school.

Her salary is $320, we got her as transfer maid and she is new (1st time in SGP)
 
Irene,
I gotta leave bb with maid, and #1 to CC, when I go back to work. Mum will be taking care of my niece. My maid is also ok with housework. But being forgetful and blur, I v worried abt leaving bb with her. But I also have phobia of training new maid. New maid might also have prob, maybe just diff set of problem. Hai.. v fan ah.. dunno wat to do..

Experienced maid are more expensive leh. For mine, cos I requested w/o off day, so even more ex.
 
Sportyger, can add me to ur facebook please? i wanna see the photos u uploaded
happy.gif
)))

thanks Irene, hey Pei, keenan's romper was a gift fm a friend but it think this BP can do the same
happy.gif
Pink, of course Keenan handsome la, else i wont marry his father *hehee thick-skinned bleah*

la la la.....I want the playmat, i want the playmat...la la la ....
 
Re: Maid

I change my maid 2 times n finally got one which u ladies saw today. She is very good with both my kiddos... I think if u guys want maid go to bukit timah shopping center n walk few round like me, interview them... if u like them then pick them. This is what i do to my current one. During interview, u kind of can see their attitude.

My 1st 2 maid, i chose them by looking at their pictures doesnt work out.

My 2 cents worth of comment...
happy.gif
 
reminder to self regarding topics for sleep training workshop:
- setting routine for babies around 2-3 months old
- adjusting to sleep routine after travel/illness
- Q&A

Anymore suggestions?

I'm offering my condo's function room as tentative location, condo is along Shelford Road, off Dunearn Road (Bukit Timah). The room is decent size, has 2 long tables and 24 chairs.
Could someone bring along one of those Parklon mats so babies can lie down if they need to? I'll get the cleaners to clean the floor properly before you guys come. Or we can ask the Parklon BP organiser to deliver the stuff to us then (he he he..evil thoughts!)

Catering probably Lavish dine tea menu so we can nibble nibble. With the babies, hard to eat proper meal. I'll provide electric kettle for hot water, cooler box with ice for EBM and Avent bottle warmer for those who need it.

Timing wise, is 11.30pm-2.30pm ok for everyone? Talk from 12.30-1.30pm. Room can be booked til 3pm although shouldn't be a problem to extend as it's a weekday.

Cost/pax should be $25-30 depending on how many people show up. I'd like to put a cap of 20 people so we can have enough time to ask her qustions.

It's all tentative though so please feel free to give suggestions!
 
hey mummies , glad that today was really successful!!! was great to meet all the new faces as well as regulars! =) u're all welcome! sorry i had to leave early. one of the ppl i was sharing cab with had to be home by 430 for conference call frm US. =P was raining cats n dogs when we got back hm as well!

fund transfer - kindly trnfr to my posb savings 022-35787-5 =) per pax is $11 for the food. do pm me when u have done the transfer. thanks!

pumpkin seed - thank u so much for ur fruit but sorry i forgot to grab it when i left in a hurry! too many bags to carry!

sassybaby - ur hse is very big & spacious! thanks for having us. very gracious host! =)

mistake again. didnt manage to get grp photo of all the mummies & babies! gahh.. not sure if u all managed to get one after i left. =P

playmat - i bought it last yr jus when i got pregs and hubby was very unhappy with the purchase.. lol.. i think i bought it for $119 and they delivered to our home. i wanted to bluff him abt the amt. but so happend when they came, i was in the loo!! so hubby had to top up the remaining amt as well the get the receipt! so cldnt hide frm him.. aggghhhh! but its a damd good buy!!! once baby starts to flip.. hee hee...
 
Kome,
Sorry. I finally have chance to log in and saw your PM. My apologies for not being clear. I am actually interested in both bottles of Neurogain. In the end how many bottles did you pass to Ida?

I will be out almost whole day tomorrow and the day after cos of the wedding, so please pardon me if I don't reply or transfer the money to you promptly.

Ida,
Sorry, sorry... I was running around with my sister today and missed your call.
 
forgot. thanks to pumpkin for stroller toy. to daphne for the milk. to ... starflower for selling gym mat to me. =P haa..

i have the mat but i dun drive so a bit difficult for me to lug it along. =P
 
sassy - pls do not transfer me money. ur share is absorbed. =P

oh ya now i recall. regarding the Jap Carrier, can email Yan - [email protected] . she did sms me to say going to have 3rd batch soon. So do email her ur order. there r only 4 designs. do ask her directly. =) $16 is including free delivery to ur home.
 
JG it's me who passed you the clothing. Is $25 for both ok? Cos 1 from UK, 1 from US. Cost about S$80.

Sassybaby and missycandy, thanks once again. missycandy, I know your forgot your mangoes but sassy, hope you enjoy them. Need to ripen for few days first though.

Yeah can someone send me link to the FB group too please? Would like to see the pics.
 
missy - so is your mangos... if u want i can keep it for u...

Pumpkin - thanks again for the mangos... again should not lor... well well... anyway thanks n that is very nice of u...
happy.gif
 
<font color="119911">alfafa77</font>,
gd wor...no work stress (how can no work stress wor...). I got so much stress man. this 2nd preggie not smooth and also me not happy at all so no smile thruout my preggie.

when we went for jab at polyclinic, they said that preterm bb usually go hospital for checkup cos there got specialist. for my boy, acc to the neonatal doc, she mentioned must closely checkup till 6mth (actual age acc to my edd date not deliver date). next tues, will be gg for his sec visit to neonatal dept. ai-yo...see the nurse took blood test(poke needle in his little hand and then squeeze the drop of blood out till the little test tube full. then his hand will be like blue blue color) for my bb and he scream like murder making me heartpain. outpatient cannot use medisave. hmm CDA a/c will check if one can be use.

re: cloth over bb
ai-yo, if I place the cloth cover over my boy, he will scream man...he is a bb who afraid of heat. even bath time, he bath at rm temp water. my boy will wrigger in the sling so when I sling him, got to air him if not he will struggle till his face red.

<font color="119911">misscandy</font>,
same like u...stress stress.. think that's might be one of the reason, my boy preterm (just 2mth fr my edd date if not, he can't wait to grab ang pao man that day).

hmm..did u off the light even during her night feed time?
 
afcai - i switch on dim light at night to feed her then off it after burping her and putting her to sleep. i dun play with her. i try nt to make eye contact. i try to make it as boring as possible as mentioned at somewhere i read. but... it doesnt seem to work every time... i guess i must really tire her out during the day. anyway cnt wait to have the workshop. will need advice on what is a good routine to have and how to go abt doing it. since i wil be back at work soon. also need to let my mum knw abt it. so have some discipline. currently i slp til late la. lol. super tired. haha
 
by the way, Daphne, Starflower I was dreaming big time when we were discussing going to HV on Wed next week. If we have the talk next Wed, how to go HV?? *slaps forehead*

Postpone to following week ok?
 
alfafa ..
you r right in saying the lady at the shop not very flexible in giving discounts..... n so i source n manage to get a piece of pikolo used for once for $170!!!!!! and i will have the same print as you! :>

p3pp3r,
Do let me know the amt to tt you.


Ida,
what was the design you took for the jap carrier? Design 1?

My hubby said very ladylike but told him with he black cloth not so bad ...then he okay though he would very much prefer orbit...haha use your tactic :> and going to buy the jap carrier so he has an alternative though.. I carry expensive one , he cheaper lor :>
 
wow Pumpkin,
good stuff!

how come when I wanted to buy no one was selling.

Ann,

you bought the $170? good deal. Btw, the lady you bought from, hy, was the original BP organiser for Pikkolo. Very very nice lady. The deal we brokered was the main carrier at $200 and then the connecta belt (works the same as pikkolo belt but less bulky) at addiitonal $10, so $210 in total. You might want to get the connecta belt from her but it probably won;t be $10 liao.

Btw, I finally took out my pikkolo belt support thingy from the wrapper and fixed it to my carrier. Waiting to road test it tomorrow. Rem you mentioned about baby feeling lighter in the beco? Makes perfect sense in hindsight. Because it coincides with what I read about the pikkolo belt support, which is a recent addition to make it similar to beco I think. Without the extra cushioned belt support, we wear the pikkolo apron style, so the weight is distributed by mainly our shoulders only. Not as bad as other shoulder only carriers because at least Pikkolo can do cross back. OK for small babies. At least then you can have less bulk and a heard a cushioned belt can make one feel uite warm. BUT, if you don;t mind the bulk and warmth, adding the belt means you are now distributing the weight between your two shoulders AND hips, ala beco style. Very clever, this company. Anyway I will road test tomorrow and let you know if it works.

I have to say though, this extra pikkolo belt support is really very bulky leh. If the connecta belt support is less bulky as claimed by hy it might be worth getting.

Sassybaby,
thank you thank you thank you once again for opening up your house and for being such a cool host. Not easy having 30 mommies and newborns in your house. Geeze, I had only 13 the last time and already I almost KO by the end. No worries with the camera. Hubby dared not complain seeing how I had to wake up so many times to settle bb. She regressed and went back to 2hr intervals at night ever since she fell ill. aiiiiiiii

pumpkin
i just realised I forgot to pas you the breastpads. opps!
 
Ann,
monopoly mah. What to do.

Meerkat, I heard from Ida that there is an April mommy who wants to order pikkolo also. Maybe can see who else is interested and one of you got to deal with her lah. I ta buleh tahan liao. :p

re: sleep workshop

thanks, pumpkin, for organising this. Am really excited about this now. Really hoping to get my baby to have some sort of routine to make life easier for me. I am ok with whatever dates and time you have put down.

So is it next wed?
 
Holland V? I want I want. And mangogal also. Sassybaby also but we need to sms her directly cos that woma seldom check thread one
 
afcai,
huh? that means you have to continue paying through your nose for the neonatal visits for another 4 mths??? My goodness. Yah do check if you can pa using the CDA. You can;'t draw out the cash anyway, might as well use it for immediate necessities and save your cash for now.

Yah no work stress cos I was an Accidental SAHMTB mah? I quitted to take a break and look for another less stressed, no need to travel job. Gave 2 mths notice and it wasn't until the last few days of my notice that I realised I was pregnant. hahahah so bo bian, no need to look for another job lor.
 
sportyger,
me too. Actually I am in the SMH facebook club but haven't got around to inviting everyone yet. heheheh lazy mama
 
lenny,
oh dear, so sorry to hear about bb brianne with eczema.
sad.gif
And many thanks for the link on baby eczema. So frightening, the pics. Actually I am very worried for my baby too because as you have mentioned, there is a high chance for babies of eczema sufferers to inherit the same. In fact I am a classic example of that because both my parents suffer from eczema so no surprise that I do too.
sad.gif
Hoping, really hoping that my baby won;t get it.
 
Tuskywoolie,

For ezcema, you have to make sure your bb is well moisturised and if you r breastfeeding try not to eat seafood like prawns, lobsters, crabs etc.

By keeping your child well moisturised and avoiding those seafoodsespecially the hand joints and neck, they have less tendencies to have a bad breakout. Do note that ezcema on one part of the body can "spread" to other parts if not well managed.

Well, I'm an ezcema kid and thus my older boy have sensitive skin. So i moisturised him after bath and before sleep. Oh...it's good to keep your child in cool conditions rather than let BB perspire excessively. Which is why I send my boy to an air conditioned childcare but yet making sure that the cenrtre set the temperature to create a cool but not cold environment.
 
cindy,
yah yah I even took a video with about 15 babies or so lying on the mat. hehehe will try to download the pics/videos on my FB sometime this weekend.

Annt,
yo babe. Sassybaby and probably Jo will be getting the same baby monitor as me. They are enlisting pumpkin's help to bring the monitors over from the US in June as she has someone flying back then.

Re: the LG playmat that sassybaby has

I already told my hubby I'm getting it. Not a question, just a statement. Bahahahaha

Btw the BP organiser recommended by sassybaby has a better price than the world of korea one leh. I have emailed her asking if there is a better price if I buy more lor. Might want to gift to my SIL and a close friend of ours. Will keep you guys posted.

Pumpkin,
oh yes thanks for the link on the SMH thread discussion on baby whisperer and gina ford. Very interesting. I'm now dying to go to Queenstown library to see if I can borrow the BW.

Meerkat, thanks for your offer too. Will check up at the local library first. Am so excited now.

Hmm I am a sanguine, so I get excited very easily!
 
Ann,
sama sama. I'm a eczema kid myself.
sad.gif
Bought the Avent thermal spray recommended by some mommies here as well as the California baby calendula cream.

Btw another lobang for those interested in calendula cream

I bought mine at Gmarket. $17.90 for a 2oz tub with free delivery. Very fast I received within 2 days. They also have baby socks which I notice the BPs were trying to sell 6 pairs for $16. At Gmarket, they were going for $12 only.
 
ST,

WOW I really really love the LG Playmat that sassybaby has. It was love at first sight. In fact I'll admit that I actually notice the playmat first, and not the extraordinary sight of 15 babies on it.
 
Oh by the way, can those who are attending the talk specify if they want a print out of the slides? Shouldn't be more than $1. I realise after leaving the talk, I forgot half of what she said already...
 
alfafa, send me the FB group link now? Dying to see the pics. Everyone is asleep but me. In the middle of sorting out the bags I brought home today haha. Thanks again for the diapers too. Will send you pic once I finish my next diaper cake. If it successful that is...
 
Oh yes, important for mummies who bought the Beco today from Ashley, please PM me your names and the design you bought. It's for her to fill out the warranty for you. Guess that's the benefit of buying from a authorised retailer/distributor. 1 year warranty.
 



Back
Top