(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

jtho,

i am keen about the sleep training workshop. do count me in. i will not be able to attend if the date is changed to any later than Wednesday.

do let me know.. thanks.
 


mummies help here!!

not sure if my bb is not having enough BM. he is 2month few days but he is only drinking 120ml the most sometime can't even finish. as he is quite heavy at birth he should be taking alot of milk right??
 
ST: my baby is 2 months too. only taking 110ml. but she is happy with it n gaining weight so its ok. is he gaining weight n looking contented?
 
padi
not sure leh..cos i dun have a baby weighing machine only adult weighing machine so not sure if it's accurate anot.

but my bb weight is above 3.5KG at birth so he should be drinking alot by now right?
 
st - i think it shld be fine. as long as bb putting on wgt. and he's not crying for more? hmmm. jus took my bb wgt jus nw b4 her jab. she weighs 5.2kg and is 2mths old. she's currently drinking 60-120mls. depends on her mood. hahahah. but usually is 90mls la. if u r really unsure, best is to ask PD. they wld be the best to advise u abt it.

Sofie Giraffe - IM KEEN! JEAN! Me Me Me! =P thanks. hee hee..
 
ST,

brianne is 7 weeks and only tkes 90 ml.. sometimes only 50ml..

think i share the same thought with Padi.. as long as she is contented after the feed and gaining weight should be fine
 
ST, my baby just turned 2months today and he's also taking 120ml every 3 hrs. Just visited PD yest; baby is now 5.6kg and PD said he's of good weight. According to book by Wong BB, if baby's thigh is firm, he should be doing fine.

Starflower, it's your experience I fear which I still put off TBF at night... Hubby keeps wanting me to do this so he can dont offer to help out plus he thinks baby very ke lian to wait for me to warm up milk.. Aft I read your experience, the more I dont want..

Playmat - I want to buy too!
 
Personalised Rompers:
Who are interested? Wonder if the seller is willing to give us a better price if we have a mass order...

1. Irene
2. Sassybaby
3. Serene
4. minnie24
 
candy
i fed once and monitor him temp
happy.gif
 
Mummies who want to buy pikolo -moccca rouge, faster let HY knows...... my hubby end up buying Connecta. He toen bwteen 2 and after choosing for close to an hour , he close a black plain Cinnecta as his concern is about heat.

Seems to me that Connecta is made of Nylon thus easier to wash and very lightweight and baby who are heat sensitive like mine might benefit better from Connecta.

Connecta have designs ones but it will then be thicker, so in the end he chose the plain black one.

Now goes my "fashion statement" :<but>

Idlecat,

I would want to get a bigger size one as I have 2 small size already and had went to Isetan sale to get the large size one. Thank you for the offer.
 
misscandy,
my practice is to give upon reaching home from clinic so as to prevent fever. I have tried that with my older boy n he have yet gotten any fever from jab. Do prevent bring BB out for 1-2 days after jabs.
 
queenie - ok thanks! i jus fed her 0.5mls.

ann - can tk pic of ur connecta? is it easy to use? i tried to put Kirsten in the ergo yesterday but she didnt seem comfy leh. when i tried the Sassy's beco on her yesterday, she seemed more comfy. i think its the material bah. now tempted to get Beco and sell off my ergo. but Beco a bit exp lor. =( connecta is more affordable. hee. where did u get ur connecta from?
 
i paste the fever patch thing on the area of the jab. thats wad the doc told me. hmmm. then jus fed her 0.5mls of para. she's a bit cranky. but then again. b4 the jab also cranky. LOL.
 
padi/st/lenny/vivien...

lenny I too hav e brest frien nursing pillow...got it 2nd hand @ $20...very useful...
happy.gif


drinking...my bb going 2mth too...trying to upz bet 120-140ml when he ultra hungry...for daytime fm...@ nite, i rely on my trusty breasts as it is fuss free n he does not hav to kick up a ruckus to hav his milk...instant food?!

wt gain...if hez getting stronger hands/thighs, leave it...u noe? i happened to meet a couple w bb 3 mth liao but still drinking 90-100ml a feed/fm...reason he a super slow eater...can b up to 1hr...thus, this leads to more freq feeds...not wise hor...more tiring for e parents. i tink it boils down to bb's temperament n appetite...my boi a fast eater...demanding too...he can pee/burp/want attention @ same time...
happy.gif
now noes his pattern liao...otherwise cham lol...

CARRIER...ssbb...don worry abt it...e BECO carrier looks really cute...probably order online or if therez any kind souls here w lobang...do let late comers like moi noe...thks much!
happy.gif
 
hi ladies
thanks for replying my qns. but not sure is it becos since week 2 onwards when i latch him half way and doze off i never try to wake him up cos he is not crying but he is only half full. he is always half full since week 2 so that is why he doesn't drink much now?
 
actually they all look the same leh... even some of the patterns are the same.... grrr... price wise of cos varies.. hee hee... Pikkolo, Beco &amp; Connecta... i think il get one.. but which one??? i dont mind 2nd hand... =P keeping watchful eye over the WTS section. LOL.
 
Missycandy: GP clinic nurse said to monitor the temperature first, take every few hours. If consistently 37.5 or if above 37.5 then take.
 
misscandy,

My hubby just came back with my brand new Connecta. Connecta is like a piece of UV coated cloth and very lightweight. the only padding is at the shoulder pad and you can bring both the carrier and stroller and easier for me if i go out along and decided to bring both.

My hubby says that with the plain Connecta though it might not look so nice as pikkolo but it's thin and with UV so if I walk to the MRT , baby is protected and will not feel so warm which is the main deciding factor. if you opt for design Connecta then it's similar to BECO. Note that Coonecta and BECO cannot do front facing.

I would ahve takent he pikkolo should it be more lightweight. If you are free why not drop by HY place's at bukit batok to try it out. My hubby tried it out with her 9mth old son...haha....
 
St: I guess when we latch on its always a guessing game, so I can empathize with your worry! I latch my baby for all feeds except dream feed and I usually ensure she empty 1 breast at least and is awake during her feed. When she is falling off sleeping I'll de-latch. After a feed, she is usually still awake after I burp her (when I sit her up on my lap she opens her eyes). If she looks contented and seem to reject my breast when I offer, then I take it that she is eating ok (esp when I know at least one breast is emptied). I feed her every 3 hour to ensure she gets sufficient milk in the daytime.

Did you bring your baby for his first month development assessment? Was there a weight gain?
 
Hi ladies i am keen on the sleep training workshop too!! :p But where is it and what time is it? I need these details before I can confirm. I can't find the details in the threads anymore cos its moving so fast.
happy.gif
 
padi: Yes. U need to discard the milk already. If u freeze it immediately after pumping then u can store for 3-6 months. If U have already put in fridge, then can only keep for 48 hours.

st: Same same. My boy was 4.16kg when born. Now he is drinking 120ml every 4 hours. I think should be ok.
 
ann - ya. i pmed her le. hee. shall drop by her plc on monday. anyone keen to join me? do let me knw. il be taking mrt to bukit batok and bus. her plc is 2bus stops away frm the central. =P
 
Kome,
I am so sorry. I did receive your mail but read so fast that I missed your account details. I have just made the transfer or $40 to you. Pai seh...

Ida,
Will arrange with you when to collect. I am out of the house today (just came back for a short rest only) and tomorrow... and will not be home until Monday evening.

Phew... my sis's wedding is over this weekend and oh, it has been 7 long years since my own! It certainly didn't feel like it was that long ago
happy.gif
 
Misscandy: I must be so blind. Thanks for the info. But hor, I can't find the time of the workshop. Sorry I am so blur.
sad.gif
 
Mummies: Regarding Pikkolo,
How to make my boy open his legs to sit down 1st?

LG Playmat: Am keen. Been lookin at it for a few mths..(Yellow Bear design).

Missycandy, my boy oso had his 2nd mth jab this morning. Came back home and gave him 1ml para immediately.
 
ST, my fren's bb is 3MOand taking 120ml every 3 hrs. He was born 3.5kg. As long as gaining wt approx 1kg per mth shd be OK as per PD.

Jus now bb refused to latch on...sigh...guess she too used to bottle-feed liao...feel a bit sad...
 
padi
PD didn't mention anything on his weight leh.
cos during his 1-4 weeks. i latch him on both side of my breast so he is actually not taking in much fats. It only now then i let him latch on one side of the breast.
 
Zac is also drinking around 90-120ml every 3 hours. guess if they poo, pee well.. and gaining weight, it should be alright
 
ST: usually if ped din say anything it should be fine. Did he put on at least 1kg in the one month? My baby put only only 1 kg by week 5 and ped say its ok. Still normal.

So don't worry k?
happy.gif
Ya its right to let him finish one breast first so he can get the hind milk.
happy.gif
Relax and enjoy your baby! (I speak for myself too cos I get so frustrated with her sometimes!)
 
padi
hmm less than 1kg leh around 800g only..

lipstar
so how much EBM is your bb drinking when from birth till 1 week plus?
 
Irene - im nt sure leh. i didnt ask abt stock. but i knw she is selling one of her frns? but she say its reserved. im going to check out connecta.

padi - 20th. =D timing pumpkin wil advise. but prolly afternoon time.

agnes - hw come u give 1ml para? is that a bit too much? i read the para details. it says 0.4-0.6mls leh. hmmm.. doc asked me to give 0.5ml. so is ur boy slpin nw? hee.
 


Back
Top