(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


lipstar thanks!
jtho, I e-mailed her

Sleep workshop:
- would you girls mind having the workshop at my condo function room? We could also do it at someone else's condo function room or home. I think we can organise the talk with lunch for around $25 per person.
- PM me what sort of focus you'd like the talk to have. I'm thinking that setting sleep routines, how to re-adjust from vacation sleep patterns and then Q&A would be good for our age group babies.
 
sad.gif
sad.gif

i oso wan go to the gathering lei..

org 1 in west side lei...
 
Pumpkin Seed
thanks!
regarding the workshop, i'm fine with the topics u suggested. if talking abt adjusting vacation sleep patterns, wonder if we can have the workshop next week?
 
Also, Home consultations are $75/hour + roundtrip taxi fare to and from my house to your location .

Phone/skype for $45/hour

Both include an action plan

contact her at [email protected] for those


Haha, let's see the response and go from there?
 
Alfafa- I have 2 books by tracy hoggs.1st- Secrets of the baby whisperer and 2nd- The baby whisperer solves all your problems. The 2nd bk is better as it is more structured and more organised. With her routine, she recommends a 3/4hr gap in feeding and 2hr gaps in the evenings.Last feed around 10/11pm. Tried the method on my son this wk and so far he only wakes up once in the wee hrs. I can swop the first bk with you if you want to have an idea of what she advocates before if deciding if you want to buy the 2nd bk.

I'm still struggling to get him to take naps and sleep early at night.Dunno why he has so much energy and refuse to sleep despite all my efforts in humouring him.
 
Pumpkin Seed
thanks for the information... i'll see how Oli behaves these few days then decide whether to call for home consultation... if not, workshop at your place is fine for me
happy.gif
 
Grace, sure! But not sure what time I will be home from the gathering. Shall I call you when I arrive at home? What time were you thinking of? Also, is it fine that I top up your purchase to get the legwarmers for myself?
 
Pumpkin Seed,
Yup, call me when you're home & I'll drive my dad's car over to ur place.... =P

Pls go ahead to top up my purchase to get the legwarmers, bb will need it...!!
 
Oh no, I patted A to sleep just now. Really gotta find out how to get baby to soothe themselves to sleep unassisted. I can't imagine carrying and patting her to sleep when she gets heavier.
 
Pumpkin Seed
ya, it's horrible to have to carry n pat baby to sleep everyday... especially when Oli is heavier than a sag of rice... last night he was crying no stop, then hubby got so frustrated and instructed me not to touch him, let him carry on crying in his cot... and after about 3 mins, he fell asleep himself and slept till this morning 7 plus.
 
Pumpkin Seed
Then I'll need to get my dad or mum to come along becos he dun have a carseat in it...heee~

Hmm..or mayb I wait for my hubby to knock off from work then we go over....anyway, you let me know when you're home then I let you know again...hee~~

Thanks =)
 
pumpkin - im keen on the talk but the adjusting vacation sleep pattern NA for my bb becos dont intend to travel for some time. LOL. at least not to those places that wld affect her sleep timing. =P anyway, will talk more later. =P need to bathe her, myself & get ready to get out.

hai. she damn mangchang last night. think she might KO later. or cry the house down. maybe we shld have crying competition later. WAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!
 
lipstar,
Does the bra seller sells spagetti nursing top that comes with the bra cup already (i.e. dun need to wear bra inside)? Am interested in that..
happy.gif
 
Gathering @ Sassybaby's Serangoon Gardens
Date: Friday 15th May
Timing : 1230pm - 430pm
Food: Lunch will be catered. Around $15/pax.


confirmed attendees -

1 missycandy & Kirsten
2 Seabreeze & baby
3 Kome & Anver
4 Pei & Mikaela
5 Daphne & Ugin
6 prosper & Kayle
7 alfafa & Grace
8 starflower & Keenan
9 Pumkinseed & baby A
10 sportyger & Marissa Ann
11 Queenie & Tristan
12 Idaarshad & Akmal Rizqin
13 Jo & Eddric
14 Tuskywoolie & baby
15 devil & Charlotte
16 fatfish & baby
17 mangogal & baby
18 Jaszho & Javen
19 limusfamily & Rachel
20 corene & Elijah
21 Ladysol & baby
22 vernice80 & Joel
23 lipstar & Ethan
24 sinmey & baby
25 p3pp3r & Ziv
26 JG & baby

Not eating / coming later

27 Kris & baby
28 Keron&jeris & Kayla

TBC attendees -

1. Cindy & Trishelle
2. Wintertime(summer) & Wilber
3. pinkdemoness(daphne) & Elixir
4. sun96(Regina) & Bryan

<font size="+1">pls call me at 91725252 if any last min wana join or withdraw. thx</font>

--------------------------------------------------

Huggies Swim Diapers (S) 22pieces ($1.20 each)

- missycandy 2
- starflower 2
- alfafa 1
- seabreeze 2
- prosper 1
- sportyger 2
- daphne 1
- ida 2
- jaszho 2
- koala 2

5 more pieces. Who else wants?
 
BN Pigeon disposable breast pads (36+6pcs free)
- bought at $8.90/ box. Wanna sell at $8/ box. Got 2 boxes. Anyone interested? Will bring over as well.
 
Misscandy,
I don't mind taking the remainder swim diapers if nobody wants them. Thanks again.

Pumpkin,
I'm keen I'm keen! Count me in for the sleep workshop. I'm keen on the time difference topic as well. Oooh Pumpkin's place is within walking distance to relish! If we can hold the workshop on a wed, then we can all get free dessert with a main ordered for lunch or dinner! heeeee

Sassybaby,
Good news, I'm bringing my baby monitor along. But hor, I dropped the mobile set just now ... clumsy fingers. Hopefully it is still ok. :p

IDa, Misscandy, the other BP that is dedicated to huggies is only $14.

tuskywoollie,
are you in the market for your own place? House shopping is so fun
happy.gif
miss doing that.

Kris,
ha ha very funny hor. :p
I did the unthinkable yesterday .. I went to pop it. I know TMI! Gross but I can't help it. So it is much smaller today but very red. Aiiiiii am putting concealer to cover it but still very visible.

alamak no time to cha liao. leaving in 25min time. ciao bella!
 
alfafa, starflower and missycandy, do you mind if I do a bank transfer for the respective payments? (CB cream, bottle rack and lunch) I haven't had time to pop by the ATM to draw out extra cash. Have to pay for the Beco and legwarmers for someone who is not coming. If there is one near Sassybaby's place, I will run out and get cash.
 
jas... i dun need -try pm u cannot pm leh.. april mummy giving me some.. thanks

alfafa.. isit.. only $14.. i tot $14.50 also leh???
 
here's a thread about sleep training and how successful SMH mums have been with the various methods:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2052338/2316865.html?1241686014

Please post your preferred date for the sleep training workshop and topics you would like covered.
Tentively next Wed lunch time? Cost would be $25-30 including lunch (9 types of food plus drinks catered and cleared up, maybe can even dabao some home he he) and Tammy's fee. Need min 20 mums to make it work though so maybe we can open it to Feb-April mums?
 
<font color="119911">JG,
me so wanted a boy oso but tink after tis rd, im super tired liaoz. unless 2 yrs down the rd, i can tahan den say ba, but tentatively, close shop liaoz. was tellin hb, once pass 30yrs old, kill me oso dun wan kid liaoz. agree dat everythin is abt $, my #1 juz started cc, spend so much on uniforms, etc.

irene,
both my #1 n #2 look like boi, everyone say my #2 sure, confirm, guarantee boy. nw got a ger, doink.

alfafa,
hahaha, the more visible it is, the more we wanna pop. i oso the same case, hand veri itchy. so im gonna identify u lata wif ur concealer.</font>
 
Re pain using Medela PIS
I went to LC at TMC and LC said my nipple crack and aerola pain due to pumping for too long at a stretch. She said for medela PIS, pump max 15min. I've been pumping abt 30-40mins each time, partly becos of high MS and also becos one side is much slower than the other side. And that is the side that ganna crack. She said to the crack due to pumping too long using 24mm and the aerola red &amp; soreness due to pumping too long using 30mm breastshield. Advised me to apply nipple cream b4 &amp; after pumping. Also to massage breast b4 pumping, esp the side that is slower

alfafa, prosper,
The tube bras u all buy from tom &amp; stephanie padded? Can provide sufficient support for C cup?

Pups,
like wise for the spag tube bras..padded and can have gd support for c-cup?

St,
I'm using wide neck teats. Not sure if its better than norm. But I do know that Avent teats supposedly more like our nipples, so BB won't get confusion easily.

Anyone using pigeon wide neck bottles and also latching on? Will BB get nipple confusion? I have pigeon ones that came free with the sterilizer. The bottles are bigger and I maybe needing them soon as BB likely to drink 5 oz very soon.

How to make BB sleep longer
Mummies may wanna try letting your BB sleep on stomach. I tried that for over a wk and my BB can sleep more than 3hrs in a stretch during day time. He can sleep so well that we usually have to be the ones waking him up for feeds! Prior, he at most sleep 1 hr (consider very gd liao) and then drink on 2 hrly basis. Becos they are lying on the stomach, they don get startled so easily. Checked with PD, said its ok for my boy to sleep in this position liao cos his neck is strong. He was 6 wks old then. But to be on the safe side, I still go can check on him whenever I'm free to make sure his nose not blocked. Nite time I let him sleep on back.

Mummies at the gathering, enjoy! Sounds so fun, wish I'm more confident to bring BB out alone
 
Sleep Training Workshop
- Pumpkinseed, i'm keen
happy.gif
But wondering if daddies can attend too? As for the topics, i don't really have anything particular in mind cos my boy has been quite easy in this aspect (fingers crossed!), maybe just how and when can we start to train baby to sleep through the night.
 
Sleep training workshop
Can i attend too? Girl born on 28th Mar but have problems sleeping long at night. Needs to be carried to sleep and have problems putting her into the cot after that.

My elder boy dun have sleep problems when he was a newborn
sad.gif
 
Hi all,

Am in US now with bb.. The flight was really terrible, my bb cant sleep without space to stretch (bassinet was too narrow for her liking, seat was too curved for her liking, haiz) so she cant sleep = 1 cant sleep as well... so imagine for 24 hrs, my bb only slept in my arms for at most 4 hrs in total. I reached home here, put bb in my hb's arms, told him to wake me up for feed and KO for quite a while. Haiz.. terrible terrible

ANd my bb was terribly cranky from the lack of sleep. Now struggling very badly cos bb got jet lag.. the time difference + new environment is really causing her a lot of stress.. so back to sleepless nites for me again... haiz again..

Oh yah.. bb was amilk monster in the flight, cos she got nothing to do and cant sleep, keep crying for milk.. super duper jia lat.
 
think most mommies at sassybaby's place now...

My boy now 2mths 1 wk, has been drinking his milk well. But oni these few days when he drank half way, he'll starts to get cranky and dun wan his milk anymore or fell asleep and dun wan to suckle anymore. Tot it's his colic but dun seem to be coz feed him gripe water and apply ruyi oil still like dat... This applies to day n night feed. So lost trying to feed him. Anyone encounter the same thing as me?

Asura79
Brave mommy! Hope ur gal will settle down soon..
 
Hi Minnie,
when my boy gets cranky and starts to squirm and fidget mid-feed, i will stop and try to burp him. Uusually after that he will be fine and will continue drinking. maybe u can try burping?
 
Asura,
oh dear! hopefully your husband is on leave and can take care of the baby while you recover from jetlag. For thr return flight perhaps you can explore getting some drowsy medicine for the baby from a pd there? cos when my baby was acting up immediately after the CL left, the pd issued me with some medicine which he said will make the baby sleepy but he did say to give only during duress (i.e. the parents!); we didn't succumb to it in the end but it was comforting to have it on hand for standby cos we were really zombied from the lack of sleep.
 
sleep training workshop @ pumpkin's =P
($25-$30/pax incld food) KIV Next Wednesday 20th May 09

- Pumpkinseed
- jtho
- missycandy
- alfafa
- ann(annt)&amp; hubby
- chocbabe
- meerkat
 
Minnie24,
My bb, now 11 weeks, oso like tat for the past few days...but after sometime &amp; drinking bit by bit, he'll finish. He's currently taking 120ml..I also burp his halfway thru...Hopefully this will pass soon.
 
no im not organsing that one.. im jus helping pumpkin to list dwn the interested parties... then the rest can jus add on... =P hahaha
 
<font color="119911">missycandy,
tx for organising d gathering, it was so much fun for me n my bb. i tink the mummies had so much more fun den the bbies.

sassy,
tx for offering ur plc, luckily u got a big living room for all the 20+ mummies n bbies.

vernice,
tx so much for sending me n bb hm, pls tx ur hb too.</font>
 
Back from sassybaby place and now pumping milk.

Sassybaby, Thanks for opening up your place for the gathering and for being such a great host. Your place is really nice and spacious. too bad didnt manage to let marissa had a chance to dip in the pool.
happy.gif


missycandy, thanks for organizing, ordering food and doing all the coordination work. Havent pay you for the food yet, do let me know how much so can transfer you.

Vernice and hubby, thanks so much for the ride home. Have not pay you for the taxi fare, transfer to you?
happy.gif


It has been such a pleasure meeting up with so many mummies and babies.
happy.gif
 
Kris &amp; sportyger no need to say thank you lah... anytime wan to pop by my place no problem...

Sportyger - Next time we should have an small affair for a dip in pool. Today too many mummy and babies liao...

Overall quite a success... Many many thanks to Missy for making this happen... U are really great... Big hugs and kiss to u...
 
Alfafa - Thanks for the baby monitor as well... Really thanks to dismantle it and bring all the way to my place. Also tell ur HB so sorry as he need to fix it back again... Thanks once again to both of u...
happy.gif
 
thanks to Sassy for letting us mess up ur place, very nice house and great host indeed
happy.gif


missycandy, ur excellent org skills set our gathering smooth sailing once again
happy.gif


I've learnt 3 important things today
#1 - EBM warmed cannot put back into the fridge :p
#2 - my PIK carrier belt support too low, should be higher
#3 - Putting baby to sleep on tummy works!
#4 - LG Parklon playmat is GOOD!
#5 - Shopping with friends is much more fun! (heheh coz more discounts!)

So here's the BP for customised rompers,hehee...here we go again...

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2415488.html?1242359859
 
home already!!!

thanks sassybaby for letting out your place for gathering..

Btw, anyone knows where to find the playmat?
can see my gal enjoying lying on it, heehee...
 



Back
Top