(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


kome,
ya ya no problem. you let me know soon. Then I'll make sure I collect the balboa from her before the gathering.

kris,
knitting seems more complicated, unlike sewing. just step on the pedal that's all. don't need to have any background in sewing. guess i can forget about learning knitting for now. :p

vivien,
i've ordered for sassy n myself already. 1x mocca rouge n belt, 1x orbit. pm me if you want to join yah?

pei,
i started mine at 5 weeks plus.
happy.gif
but at a rarely used condo jacuzzi pool at my friend's place. warm pool so bb loves it.

pepper,
really hope ziv gets well soon

re: swimming diapers.
2pcs each for sportyger, seabreeze, misscandy, jasmin, myself. anymore? in case anyone misunderstood, i'm buying off a pack off cold storage hor, so normal price. think S size has 12 pieces only so maybe one more mommy can join.
 
alfafa..
terrible me......i am also tempted to buy the piikolo....coz i wan to put ugin facing out and hip in later time...although now he;s very comfy with the BECO....i am glad i got this too..
so can i add in the purchase..hehehe since it's at a cheaper buy..hahah
thanks...:_)
oh where can i see the designs??
hehehehee...so greedy hor...
 
p3pp3r and Irene:

thanks for sharing the info. My Favian got very bad reflux this two days and gets really cranky. I am just wondering what had happened and thought its the normal merlion act. I think I may need to bring him to PD if getting more frequent as he is unable to retain feeds and his feeds is getting more frequent like every hr compare to the usual 2hrly feeds...

Queenie:
thanks for the info... his head is still not stable yet so hubby suggested to wait til he can hold his head... and would want to try their trial lesson for my boy. guess it would be very cute to see him floating and playing in the pool.
happy.gif
 
pinksorbet:

I am using combi carrier ! currently I am using its side profile carrying for my boy since he still can't stable his head yet. Well I dunnoe would things get better when he is older, but currently I don't really like it cos the strap tends to cut his face so I need to put a towel as a barrier to protect his face and it straps concentrate on one side of the shoulder and the weight is uneven hence I got very bad shoulder pain when I carry my boy esp now he gets heavier. I hope it would be better when he is 4 months and I need not use the side profile carrying method.
 
Mummy Bean
Ya, me too. Having the same problem as you so i just use it as a normal type carrier instead, but i scare might be too stress to his back.

Alfafa
My hubby not back yet. Will check with him and let you know asap.
 
Kome,
should be lah. I haven't collect it yet but she says she bought in Jan 09 through the BP, so still very new. Oh found her listing
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/2405499.html

You think about it carefully ok? no hurry cos I need to collect from her anyway just don't know when. Have to meet her at Vivo so abit lazy. Let me know tomorrow?

Daphne,
OMG you are insane. I hereby declare Daphne Crosailo Kang THE QUEEN OF GADGETS! Babe you can find the prints on the http://www.theportablebaby.com/pikkolo.html

Hey you sit on it tonight then let me know tomorrow. Don't buy on impulse!

added. So six of us share 1 pack of 12pcs disposable swimming diapers. Will bring next fri
happy.gif
 
alfafa...

not insane lah..jut can't resist a good product and buy......esp for ugin hahaha wahahha..
by the way when one is wash i can use the other...and maybe can match my outfits...
happy.gif

for the fact i am bad with the slings..hahaha although i bpught one MIM though but didnt buy balboa..hahand the 2nd piece was a present..
thanks for sharing the swim huggies...
happy.gif


will text you regarding the designs...hehhee....
 
btw kome,
fyi I tried bargaining with her but she refused to budge so I tried to exchange w diapers but she still refused. In the end she only gave in when I offered her over $50 worth of diapers. Basically she die die wants no less than $45 lah. Exchange for me works better mah, no need to give cash. Let me know if you are comfortable with that ok? If you want you can deal with her directly also, am just worried she might get abit annoyed because technically she has already sold it to me liao. If you want to takeover it's $45 cash as per her listing.
 
Daphne,
Ugin is one lucky baby
happy.gif


btw don't know about beco but pikkolo is surface wash only

Think you can start a slings and carriers rental business liao
 
alfafa...

the pikolo does not have a head piece to protect the baby's head like the BECO??
or its high enough to cover the head??
 
alfafa...

maybe a test or try out at my place for those intended to buy carriers and you will in charge to sdemo your dling works and the different slings..hehee...
hey and also maybe you can sew your nursing cvers to sell..hahaa


all babies in this thread and world are lucky..
because they have the love we are giving...some can provide more some less..but in the end..they will turn out to be a contented baby..
 
neck float... actually frm my own experience.. or Kirsten's, she doesnt last more than 10mins in the tub.... so if you all cant get the float on time, can always share.. if you all dont mind la... there is no way the baby will swim for 30mins lo... hahahaa... cn all take turns... =) but if u all wan to order, cn check out the BP section... or a web u search for mambobaby... she's quite efficient.. so if u order by this week.. shld be able to get it by next friday... =)
 
prosper,
ok squeeze you in. I'll just take one piece then. 2 each for sportyger, seabreeze, jasmin, daphne, miss candy and then one for me and one for prosper.

Think seabreeze looking for mommies to share the neck floats. I bought mine at a BP very long time ago, when I was in my 2nd trimester. Bought for my friend who gave birth earlier then got one for myself as well

ladies,
CLOSED no more. Don't think I can lug anymore swimming diapers with me that day. Still have one jumbo diaper pack I'm bringing for Ida. Oh and the neckfloat too.
 
daphne,
have lah. see the orbit print pic? the one with the lady in red? There is a black hood

misscandy,
ya I only let her swim for 15min max. Small babies cannot soak in water for too long.
 
alfafa...

its okie i take one piece of the swim huggies..and bring along my bumwear..see if it's good to wear..
paisay you to take only a picece....
happy.gif


thanks...
so can compare agian which is better on the spot..
okie....one piece for me...maybe ask starflowert if she wan too...then can give that piece to her??
hehehe
 
alfafa - same la. i bought mine last yr! hee hee.. but was b4 i was pregs.. WAHAHAHA!!! i bought for a frn.. then same time buy for myself to keep for future... LOLOL!!!!! =P
 
misscandy,
yah for balboa. You bought resale also right? heee that's what I thought also. Which is why I caved in to temptation. heee but now I regret lah cos I'm buying pikkolo. besides I already have pupsik and my mom's self made sling
 
ya ! i bought resale... i missed the BP.. then i went to BP to ask.. so happened 1 mummy bought then end up her bb didnt like it.. so i bought it... that time another mummy also selling BN but want to sell to me at $70 -_-" cheater bug lo...
 
alfafa ...the material similiar to BECO???
light weight too??? hmmmm this time maybe buy a more man one...hahhaa......i think maybe will not use the bb bjourn since it's carried by the criuch...
oh coz ugin HATES the heat...

oh.....ugin was frightened by the slammed in the toilet the other day...you know wat..when i brought him into the cubical ( handicap) one he started to cry when the whole day he was a darling....guess he really got has phobia in the cubicle...
 
daphne,
oh no! then how? cannot let him continue fearing the cubicle wor. Hopefully that was just a coincidence? Oh dear I certainly hope it is.

Daphne,
I'm not sure ow beco material feels like. But personally I think all carriers are a bit warm, except for Baby Bjorn Air and Connecta Solarveil.

misscandy,
yah man. good thing you bought yours in time for our gathering. Because after our gathering so many of us want to get a balboa!
 
misscandy..

yes bought the diaper kinda too...but used once...and the pee was all bumwear..
over ugin and the bumwear.....bought the swimwear to stand by...hahaha

so anyone wan to buy from me and try the diaper kinda pls let me know....$25 each + 01 insert(cost $7) hehhee...
 
seabreaze, i share with u to buy swimming neckfloat k

alfafa, tks. If i able to buy neckfloat in time will get it from u. pai sei leh
 
hmmmm... must remember to sayang baby grace, ugin and ziv on friday. hee hee hee...

daphne - bumwear nt that gd ah? hmmm... i also thinking of buying the swimming de but they have sizes.. and will outgrow leh... for now i think i use the diapers ba... when bigger then might consider the swimming bumwearx.. hee hee...
 
alfafa & kome,
i oso want to buy the balboa sling.

Kome,
If u r not taking over fm alfafa, can i take over?

thks!
 
misscandy...

infact i have not actually used any of the bumwear yet tried once not very successful maybe methos was wrong????...so the swim wear will be the 1st....
 
Missycandy
I brought the swin wear diaper from bumwear too. They are quite ok, but really my son outgrow very fast. I had brought another pc from BP.

Hoho03
I am actually very tempted but scared hubby angry, coz i am actually an impulse buyer lor.
 
alfafa...

cant decide on the printed or plain ones...
coz i have a colorfuyl piece from beco..so maybe the plain for piikolo so joe can carry....
most likely the SAND PIIKOLO...

when do you need to place th order???
 
Daphne,
actually I was worried that Jon might not want my floral mocca rouge too. But then the lady at thomson plaza place showed us how some people attach the black head hood to the main body but instead of attaching the other end to the shoulder, they let it drop, so it becomes a black cloth covering the floral print, well most of it anyway. So hubby says if that's the case he thinks I look best in the mocca rouge so might just as well just get that. He will use it with the black hood down if necessary. But then ah I'm nursing anyway so I don't see how he will be using anytime soon!

Paiseh, just realised she has no SAND colour. But she has Paradise available.
So solid colour she has Cafe Au Lait (basically delicious dark brown) and metro black.

Just emailed her and ask for more discount. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so thick skinned. Think she cannot stand me already. All comes with free registered post.

$200 for the carrier alone, which works fine on its own anyway.
or $210 (instead of $213.75) for the Pikkolo carrier + Connecta support belt which is useful for toddlers weighing 20lbs and above.

If you buy from her website chubbychubbs, the carrier itself is already $220, don;t know about belt. If you buy from the Thomson Plaza retailer it is $250 for carrier plus pikkolo belt.

See her withdrawn BP here

http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:4tX-yDOMUNIJ:www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2419820.html%3F1241521126+pikkolo+BP&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg&client=firefox-a

This is a cached page. Think the other Singapore retailer (the one at Thomson Plaza) complain to the supplier about her. :p
 
wow, thread so active...cannot catch up man...just read only current posting...

<font color="119911">IDAARSHA</font>,
ai-yo..I just give away the similac mum voucher only...

hmm...so just jialat meh...cannot drink too much cow milk when bf? I only drink HL milk cos need
calcium mah...I drink milo(ppls said milo can booast yp ms) daily too. how true is the information leh?


<font color="119911">miss83</font>,
my ms also up and down one. lack of slp is also another factor to cause ms to drop.

re:frozen ebm
when came to prepare ebm,i always mixed same dates(usually, bb will consume one day behind ebm) but different timing of ebm (will mix different dates if I bring down the frozen ebm) for my bb to drink if the bottles is not enu (usually not enu cos my glass storage bottles is only 90ml so will pour the ebm fr another bottles to add onto it).

if fm or ebm prepare not consume, can last for 4hr at rm temp. if bb touch it, then must discard within 1hr.

<font color="119911">Irene</font>,
err...thks fr the bm sotrage guidelines. as mentioned to miss83,when came to prepare ebm,i always mixed same dates but different timing of ebm (will mix different dates if I bring down the frozen ebm) for my bb to drink if the bottles is not enu (usually not enu cos my glass storage bottles is only 90ml so will pour the ebm fr another bottles to add onto it). mmm pondering is it ok mah...cos I had been doing this procedures for my no#1 last time.

<font color="119911">pups</font>,
hmm..I also ate cheese daily for the first 3mth...but bb poos ok leh...

<font color="119911">Vivien</font>,
same situation this time for my hubby. we mummies really spend lot of time pumping ebm for our bb.

maybe u tell yr hubby if u dun pump then bb dun have milk to drink, ask him to pay for fm loh. tell him the benefits of bm and the cost of the fm.... for me, my bb depends on his mood sometimes wants latch but sometimes dun want cos my milk flow very slow and when nipple/areola soften, he will be pek chek. so usually, will give ebm to him. latch on, really take s time and bb won't be full so after latch, I still need to pump. so time consuming, might as well give ebm to bb full full so that bb can slp better.

<font color="119911">sung</font>,
seeing bb smile will brighten yr day and melt yr heart right...haa then all the tiredness gone....

re:weight
wow, gd wor. my bb coming to 4mth (actual age is 2mth) is only 4.1kg. cos when he is born, he is only 1.7kg.
 
kome, hoho,
no problem lah. Will see what kome says tomorrow. Take your time to think through.
happy.gif


For the record, when it comes to slings/pouches I like pupsik and balboa best.

Irene,
never use leh. I got the pigeon fridge to go. Still sitting pretty in the box because I am back to direct latch. Initially bought because I wanted to do bottle feed throughout and figured it's better to buy a fridge to go than buy another fridge to put on my 2nd floor room. By the time I collected the item (I waited almost 2 weeks before going down) I changed to direct latch liao. Besides, I bought the wrong type. Pigeon fridge to go is like a normal cooler bag, just more powerful and lighter. Pigeon teamed up with the fridge to go guys to come up with this. BUT this is not the usual collapsible (put in freezer) fridge to go ones. Errr ... not sure if you know what I mean. Headache ah. Bought so many things on impulse now don't know what to do with them. If you want it let me know. It's virtually BN. R.P. $60 if I am not wrong. I bargained and got it from this mommy at $38. She's the one lah ... make me travel by train to dhoby Ghaut train station to pick up. Waited for a good 15mins at the hot and smelly bus stop with my bb before she sms me to say she cannot make it. Wah liao.

but take note this is a cooler bag, not the put in freezer typical fridge to go.
 
alfafa, you mean tat is not the collapsible type, cannot callapse and put into fridge ah? must put in as a whole?
how long can it last for chilling?
those typical fridge to go can last up to 12 hrs right?
 
Hi, I am a March mummy,Second baby. I have been following this thread but never posted. Thanks for all the sharings, I have learnt a lot from your discussions.

I have a query. My daughter's bcg injection site is swollen with pus. Is it normal? I can see that she jerks in pain when I accidentally applied pressure there. Should I leave it alone to dry up or pierce it and let out the pus? How long will it take to dry up?

I am on TBF, using Medela PISA. Today my order for mumsfairy's handsfree and supershield arrived. Anyone using this? Do you have backflow of milk when you lean back?
 
Hi mummyjan,
yah like what Irene said, just leave it alone. It will probably burst on its own anyway. Better to leave it to nature.

Irene,
yah the pigeon fridge-to-go is indeed a fridge-to-go product but it is not anything like their usual ones i.e. collapsible, no need ice pack, put inside freezer type. This one is like a normal cooler bag just more powerful. Comes with two very slim ice packs. On the box it says cools or chills up to 12 hours. Can contain up to one breast pump and 5 milk bottles.

Think what you want is the standard fridge to go. For chilling times you need to check their website product summary. Think I saw on the forum before that some people say this pigeon version will be better than the usual fare because without the ice packs there is only this much the fridge to go can work. Sian, bought the wrong one but anyway now don;t need it since I'm on direct latch.
 
alfafa, let me check it out first then i get back to you. if the pigeon one is better and can last longer, then I buy from you ok?
 
Gathering @ Sassybaby's Serangoon Gardens
Date: Friday 15th May
Timing : 1230pm - 430pm
Food: Lunch/High Tea Menu will be catered. Pls be prepared ard $15/pax.


confirmed attendees -

1. missycandy(candace) &amp; Kirsten
2. Kris &amp; baby
3. Seabreeze &amp; baby
4. keron&amp;jeris(kris) &amp; Kayla
5. Kome(Yvonne) &amp; Anver
6. Pei &amp; Mikaela
7. Daphne &amp; Ugin
8. prosper(fiona) &amp; Kayle
9. alfafa(hazel) &amp; Grace
10. starflower(lorraine) &amp; Keenan
11. Laurel &amp; pumpkinseed
12. sportyger(yvonne) &amp; marissa ann
13. Queenie(emily) &amp; Tristan
14. Idaarshad(Ida) &amp; Akmal Rizqin
15. Jo/mickeymummy(Jolene) &amp; Eddric
16. tuskywollie (pls pm me ur number =D )

TBC attendees -

1. Cindy &amp; Trishelle
2. Wintertime(summer) &amp; Wilber
3. Irene &amp; Zachary
4. pups &amp; Kaeris
5. pinkdemoness(daphne) &amp; Elixir
6. bluebell &amp; baby (pls pm me ur number =D )
7. Annt(ann) &amp; Ashton
8. p3pp3r(Joyce) &amp; Ziv
9. Jaszho(jasmine) &amp; Javen
10. sinmey &amp; baby (pls pm me ur number =D )
11. vernice80 &amp; baby (pls pm me ur number =D )

--------------------------------------------------

Sharing Cabs/Car Pooling:

North - missycandy(taking cab frm Bishan mrt. If any mummy wants to share with me. Let me knw. =D), Jaszho(kiv)

South/Central -

East - Queenie &amp; p3pp3r

West -
 



Back
Top