(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


Daphane,
Another title to bestow on you...Queen of Baby Carriers! Think you can test all out and write review for all the carriers using 'Ugin Index' to indicate how comfy a baby is when in the carrier! :p

Poor Ugin... he hasn't forgotten about the "slamming door" episode yet?
sad.gif
I also hope it is just a coincidence. Once-off.

Alfafa,
Balboa feels quite different from Pupsik and sarong slings leh. In fact, I have a feeling you may prefer Balboa over Pupsik ;)

Irene,
I have the Fridge-to-go (the original brand) but it is a smaller one, good for say 2 small NUK milk bottles or 2 cans of drinks each time. Mine is not collapsible also and I just dump the entire thing in the freezer. When bringing out, this small one can keep the milk cold for 4 - 6 hours, I think.

Alfafa, the proprietary Fridge-to-go is also a cooler-bag kind of thing but no need to put separate ice brick ah.... Same as the Pigeon one right?

Mummyjan,
I think it is ok to have pus at the BCG site. Our PD said if the blister burst, just wipe away the pus with tissue. She didn't make it sound like a big deal. But you will have to monitor and if your baby is reacting with pain, you may want to seek a doctor's opinion?

I am also using PISA with the pumpin' pal and supershield. Yes, cannot lean back. You will still have to make sure the angle at which the shield connect with the collecting bottle is correct for the milk to flow down
happy.gif
 
Alfafa,
Just read the posts you made when I was typing mine. Understand why you say Pigeon one is more of a cooler bag already...
 
pups, i intend to get the 6can capacity de. cos will need to pump 2-3x in office, tat will take around 5-6 125ml de bottles de. cos i store using avent bottles, each bottle around 110ml, cos Zac is drinking around this much now.
 
alfafa...

which one is the paradise??

pups...
yah he was so cute and quiet enjoying the stroller's toys when i wheel him into the wheel chair toilet..
once he enters..his face started like the other day...all red..i quickly picked him up and move off...lucky this time he cried for a short while..and then back to the cute self...phew...
guess must carry him in the carrier next time to try...
hope it's a one time...
 
re:bf mummies cannot consume too much dairy products. heard one mummies consume 1L of milk daily. her bb still ok. think it depends on bb to bb lah.
 
Irene,
Ya, that is the common size which I see my colleagues use. No matter how they try to collapse the fridge-to-go, it is not that compact. But it is not that big bulky thing in the freezer, definitely.

Previously, I got 2 of the small fridge-to-go cos it was more convenient for us to bring ebm when we go for our outings. My boy only took ebm when we were out. Reason why we bought 2 is cos one can put 2 bottles of milk for outings, or 3 packets of ebm comfortably and I brought 6 packets to my mum's place daily. For workplace, I use the conventional cooler bag and ice brick which came with my PIS advanced. See lah, all these logistic issues for FTWM who are breastfeeding!
 
pups, yup... gotta settled what else is needed n purchase them soon... in a blink of eyes, 3 mths of ML going to be over
 
alfafa
can check whether it is possible to receive the pikkolo before 20 may? cos we're flying to france on 22 may and hope to receive it before so that i can use while i'm there. on another note, dunno whether france have this product or not??

pumpkinseed
heard u flying to europe also? back to france too? when r u flying?
 
morning!

Jtho,
ok I check first let you know. This is a US product so I doubt France will have it any cheaper, if they do have it in the first place. hee very pretty this mocca rouge.

$200 for the carrier alone, which works fine on its own anyway.
or $210 (instead of $213.75) for the Pikkolo carrier + Connecta support belt which is useful for toddlers weighing 20lbs and above.


Daphne,
She has Paradise, Jewel, Cafe Au Lait, Metro Black, Mocca Rouge, Orbit and Cloud. No Sand. Sorry should have given you this site to view the colours available instead. You can fine paradise here. This is the official pikkolo site http://catbirdbaby.com/shop/babycarrier_2/pikkolo-soft-structured-baby-carrier.htm

Notice that the original pikkolo belt and sand colour carriers are OSS. So she's recommending replacing with connecta belt which works the same but is less bulky.

Pups,
I like the balboa but really have too many already, need to give up one. Since I've already been using my pupsik, I'll sell the balboa lor. Yah I bought the wrong fridge to go, wanted the one your colleagues had. Oh not really collapsible either?
 
afcai,
wow 1litre of milk everyday? that's really alot? Amazing. Guess like what my PD said, "most" newborns cannot take cow's milk well yet, not all. So some babies might react badly like mine lor. In fact my PD said he has seen worse ones i.e. the entire diaper is flushed with one big layer of red current jelly (blood mixed with mucus lah) on top of the normal poo.

yikes!

I don't dare to take the chance liao. Don't even dare to touch my ice cream yesterdat until she clears. PD said 3-4 days. Waiting.
 
Hi morning mummies,
Its been ages since I logged in... actually been coming in on & off but didnt have the time to write since I'm home alone taking care of baby Chloe!

Swimming pants
Alfafa, I briefly saw that you're helping to order the swimming pants. I found gmarket.com selling Goon and Huggies brand. Here's the link, not sure if cheaper than your Hampers though? Can take a look...

Goon $9.80 (only 3 pcs i think)
Huggies $18.35 (S12 M11 L10)

http://www.gmarket.com.sg/challenge/neo_goods/goods.asp?goodscode=200015706&GoodsSale=Y

http://www.gmarket.com.sg/challenge/neo_goods/goods.asp?goodscode=200012293&sid=48

Balboa
I'm using the Balboa sling and absolutely LOVE it!!
happy.gif
Chloe didnt like it the first 2 times I tried putting her in at home, but when I tried the cradle style, she enjoys being able to look around heehee...

oh no, she's crying again now.. will be back.
 
alfafa,
Think can collapse but not until flat. Either that or my colleagues are not diligent in flattening it! You will be going Vivo to pick up your balboa right? Can go to the Self-fix DIY shop (basement 2, right at the end, opp Giant) to take a look. The Fridge-to-go flagship store is supposed to be contained within Self-fix and they have alot of models there for you to see and feel for yourself. http://www.fridge-to-go.com.sg/

Irene,
You taking 3 months first is it? I will be clearing 16 weeks in one shot. Initially wanted to take some weeks as flexi but looking at my current lifestyle, I think to have minimal disruption, I should just complete my ML and then go back to office and pia office work rather than a few days here and a few days there. Very disruptive.
 
sportyger ...

You keen too? Maybe I can ask the BP organiser if buy 3 can cheaper or not heehee a BP within a BP =p

What colour do you want?
 
seabreeze,
bp within a bp. hahah that's what i'm doing too. if not the connecta belt itself is $25 bp price. now it's $10more w every carrier. No harm trying, just got to be thick skinned lor. Think the pikkolo seller don't know love or hate me. hahaha

Pups,
nay I realy don't need any more cooler bag or fridges since I am back to direct latch. I'm a SAHM anyway so this works better for me. No need to carry a heavy load with me everywhere I go.

Koala,
hey that's a good idea. Above $30 got free delivery right? Might as well order 2 packs and get it delivered to sassy baby's place direct. Sure have enough mommies to share one, if not I'll take whatever that's left cos I bring her swimming quite often. Good thing I haven't bought from CS, still have to physically bring to the gathering. Sassybaby, do you think you can order? easier to coordinate as it will be delivered striaight to your house.

thanks koala!
 
alfafa
thanks in advance for checking when we can receive the pikkolo. if ok, i would go for the belt as well, cos my bb is already more that 6kg now, i.e. more than 13lbs now... hehe
 
Sportyger ...

Ok noted on your colour. Now waiting for Prosper to choose her colour before I go and place order.

Anyone else keen??
 
alfafa, thanks for buying the swim diapers.
happy.gif


Hope can get the neckfloat before the gathering so baby marissa can use it at sassybaby pool. So exciting cos it will be the first time she has a dip in the pool.
 
Any mummies letting baby sleep on stomach? Noticed back of my boy head now very flat due to sleeping on his back, used to be round and nice looking. Hope can shape back
 
teddybaby ...

my bb zzz on his stomach in the day time and flat (swaddled) at night ... think this oso helps in to differentiate day and night. Cos in the day we can talk and make noise but he will cont to zzz whereas in the night ... just abit of noise he will be disturbed
 
teddybaby, I let my bb zzz on her tummy during the day cos she sleeps better like this. At nite she sleeps flat. If you find that your baby head too flat, maybe can try to tilt his head sideways when he sleeps.
 
teddybb...

kiddypalace sells those dough pillows...w a dent in e middle...ard $6.90-$7.90...i tink...qite good results...
happy.gif


finally bought myself a sling...easy to use...gives me more confidence to bring abel out...

missycandy...i very bad @ learning new stuff...my hp no. 92711628...hope it helps...will only decide whether to bring him along last min.
 
Alfafa
My hubby don't want me to get the balboa and said that Anver will outgrown it very fast, but i like it so much. I will just get it first and let him know later.

Hoho03
Sorry, decided to get it.
 
daphne,

tink better not change types of milk every now n then...wait his stomach goes bonkers...w e tongue muscle snipped n proper massage of abdomen, i see how it goes...don like soy milk powder...my mom says this type of milk is only for bb w diahorrea as they cant take cow's milk...n they grow up skinny...

my cousin says bb needs fm to feel full...bfing oso very tough for mom...so confusing to hear diff opinions...

e pd called me this morn...wondering if im ok w him...except for bfing...which i prefer to pump milk...only give him latch on if too tired to prepare milk bottles...

tink @ end of e road...mom jus needs to stick to wat is best 4 e child n switch off other comments...even pd not 100% accurate in diagnosis...i not even sure if bb is lactose intolerant...
 
Phew, just took 2 hours to go through all the posts! Of course, trying to feed A in the meantime as well. Mummies really learn how to multi-task.

BECO Have 2 mummies confirmed. Will wait til this weekend for the other mummies to decide. So please confirm with me if you want to join in on this 'BP' (please note I am not making $ out of this, just helping other Mar mummies)

alfafa, pepper good to know your bubs are doing better. Can't wwait to see them on Fri

jtho Yes going back to France but not so soon. Only in Sept and Dec. Not buying our tickets yet as we can't confirm our dates. Reedeeming tickets so can't change the dates, need to be sure. Will be travelling to M'sia early June and flying to Cebu in July. Shouldn't be a problem. If get quarantined, French embassy will prob just send us nice food lol. Did you read that the French people in the HK hotel got poulet a la moutarde delivered to them while everyone else got stuck with pizza, spaghetti and economy rice!
Eh, stock up on Mustela and Petit Bateau when you are back there. I'm def going to do so.

daphne You are madness! Your place must be like a baby shop... but pot calling kettle black here. I have 3 carriers, 3 bouncers, 2 playgyms, 2 playmats etc. My stroller is also now "pimped" with the summer cover on maxi cosi, stroller toy, fan, the hooks you passed me and a huge mommy hook. A's papa said we can have a TV program called PIMP MY(baby)RIDE

swim diapers I am bringing the Goon one to swim next Friday. Let's see how that works. The iPlay ones from Bumwear are pretty good, esp the one that has the wick away lining. I bought a second one already for the next size up haha. Going to bring her to the warm jacuzzi pool at my mum's place later.
 
sportyger ...

she replied to say more than 1pc is $17.50 (same as the promo price) so I include you =)

now checking if can get by next week so that its in time for the gathering.
 
Pumpkin Seed
oh, so u going back in Sept and Dec! i am hoping to be able to go back for xmas too... will see wat hubby says first. and is that right? the french pple in HK got poulet a la moutarde... wow, yummy
happy.gif
french embassy really takes good care of their pple. Mustela and Petit Bateau, ok, i'll try to stock up... thanks for telling me!
 
hoho03 - u cn try to search in the want to sell section? some mummies sell 2nd hand. i see if have. brb.

huggies swimmers - il go to the minimart dwnstairs later. heard they sell stuff cheaper. wil be back to report, maybe il buy frm there. hee
 
jtho I am looking forward more to Sept than Dec. Think weather will be better then. Going to buy a footmuff for her to keep warm. But silly Bugaboo stuff is so expensive. I am sure the footmuff will be $100+. The breezy canopy is already $89.
Yeah, French welfare is ridiculously good. That attitude hinders their progress though. Too much red tape and protests to change anything that currently exists.
Having said that, I adore French food. Can't wait to eat magret de canard, gesiers de canard... omg so hungry now
 
Alfafa/ pumpkinseed,
Am keen to get either beco or pikkolo. Need to ask some questions?

1)Can these be machine washable? Dun wan my bb poo leaked onto the carrier n end up matl is difficult to wash.
2) Have u (alfafa) try the front facing w bb infront of u? Is ur bb seated comfortably instead of dangling? This is my main concern..bb's spine issue.
3) Will it be warm for the bb since he is so closed to ur chest w another material holding him fm e back?

if getting pikkolo, i wan e mocca rouge. If beco, hmm cant decide yet.
 
By the way if anyone knows of daytime nanny in Tiong Bahru, Redhill, Queenstown, Farrer Road area please let me know. I can't go back to work unless I find one.
 
halo.. lingmama is back..
i went parentcraft las 2 daes for breastfeed course.. realli enrichin..
got e breastfeedin pillow.. realli more relaxed nw.. as my baby weight is increasin..
o ya.. re: swine flu..
my frend gave birth las night.. at thomson.. but no visitor is allowed.. onli husband is allowed.. juz wanna check wit e mummies here.. do u think is safe to brin baby out?
 
pumpkin seed
i've always love xmas at home in france. atmosphere and ambience so nice! and i like the mornings when i can see a layer of ice on the grass
happy.gif

where to get footmuff? this weekend, we'll be bringing Olivier to shop for clothings to wear for the coming trip. hope the weather is not too cold for him.
u making me hungry... it's been so long since i last had french cuisine... missing the canard and foie gras...

btw, as i do not have enough BM for Olivier, i need to supplement with FM, do u think it is ok to use mineral water to prepare milk when we're in france? cos i know that my MIL do not drink the tap water. she will normally use bottled water to boil soup or for cooking.
 
Alfafa
Is it ok for you to help me to deal directly with that lady? I will pay back to you during next week gathering. Oh by the way, do you know what is the max weight that balboa sling can support up to?
 


agnes chew
1)For Beco, yes machine washable, just throw whole thing in the washing machine.
2) Not sure about Pikkolo although I read that they have some special thing that makes it ok to front carry. Beco doesn't allow front carry because the theory is that it will put strain on the crotch which is bad for spinal development. My baby is curious and likes to look out when I hand carry her. However, she doesn't seem to mind inward carry in the Beco, she looks out from the sides or she looks at me. But most of the time, she falls asleep! hahaha
3) I think any carrier used in our climate will be warm to a certain extent. Even without being in any carrier, baby will perspire in the heat. From my own experience, she does get a little sweaty when in the carrier but not unbearably so. Beco uses cotton twill so is one of the more comfortable fabrics used for carriers in my opinion.

Hope that helps. I am not saying Beco is better than Pikkolo, just that I have only experienced Beco. Pikkolo looks interesting too!
 

Back
Top