(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

queenie

me too no confidence to bring BB out, after she is at least 3mth ba. The tot of her crying i sure ka lang ka bok if i m outside.
Maybe somewhere near is ok..haha not much ppl stay in e EAST ah?
 


this is what i am getting. scroll down for mocca rouge. like the carnival print for beco, i thought it didn't look nice from the pic but oh man, how pretty it looks in person. fell in love with it when i saw in at the shop.

http://www.theportablebaby.com/pikkolo.html

better pic here
http://www.theportablebaby.com/images/pikkolo_print_moccarouge.jpg

$200 for the pikkolo carrier plus optional $25 for the support belt (useful for toddler carry).

this one has the added features of hip carry plus front carry front facing. the fact that it has the option to wear the straps cross backed meant it suits a petite frame like mine. cos when i tried without cross back, the straps will slip off my shoulders easily. need the baby weight to hold the straps down, but even then looked ill fitting for my shoulders. hubby can wear it non crossed.

just waiting for it to arrive. arrrgh i hate waiting

p/s bb now wans to be carried all the time. oh no ... hope this is just temporary!
 
Alfafa,
You should have called! Would have assured you cos been through it before. That was the first episode, the second was the DOM one. So by the second time, we just did our own monitoring and started to "trouble shoot" what food could contribute to that. Luckily it went off after I stopped the DOM.

Thanks for the offer! But your place is very far for me.... Maybe one day when I am stressed enough and need to do something very different, I will do just that; head over to your place and sew! Haha. But need to go chinatown and buy fabrics?! I am losing interest... going.. going..

I paste that post over here for you so that you don't have to search for it:
Alfafa,
Remember yesterday I told you can use your sarong sling as a hip seat as well? I found a photo of me using the sling as a hipseat for my boy. He was 16 months at that time.
You have to copy and paste the URL instead of clicking on it cos the last part of the URL is not "underlined" as a hyperlink.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_agOOPja1bl4/R8bOXy267OI/AAAAAAAAAnY/Jw_pEDTCAxY/s1600-h/IMG_1809+(Medium).JPG

Queenie,
Thanks. I do have the Obuba and I want to sell mine! haha.
 
pups,
so cute. both mother n child looked very comfy. i've become a babywearing addict. have pupsik, balboa, my mom's self made mims type sling, and now a pikkolo. thank goodness i sold off my bb bjorn air. i'm looking forward to the day when bb is old enough for hip seat n backpack style

re; sassybaby's place

what say we double that into a swap meet too?! don't worry i won't bring my stash lah. those i have to slowly put up on ebay. heee am referring to mommies bringing their wts and wte stuff over legitimately. cos if not some mommies will be too shy to initiate their "sales pitch". not everyone is thick skinned like moi. was in a hunting sales role mah. lols
 
pigpig
haha. i think quite ez bah. juz chg him and get my bag out n flag cab go liao. he probaly will be slping in the mim sling.. rock him to slp mah..
think east now oni u me n teddybaby. haha..

pups
oo paiseh. post in ebay?
happy.gif
 
talking abt slings.. I have a balboa bt dun seem to fit very well lehz.. after i put bb in, it sits v low i.e. bb is at my tummy level, not chest level.. Any mummies can teach me?
 
Mummies,
I've been reading thru the postings to make sure my boy is not the only cranky one.

Sung
I guess my boy has the same prob, he needs to be carried/rocked when he wants to sleep but even when deep asleep, he will wake up 15-20mins later by his own startling (like got frighten by something/noise) & wails for attention to be carried again. We've tried letting him cry & go back to sleep on his own but he ended up with colic (swallowing too much air). So, he has now gotten used to be carried to sleep. I really hope things will change for the better when he turn 3 mths cause he needs to learn to soothe himself back to sleep again or else we will be tired out carrying him to sleep.

Sleeping disorder
My boy only naps 2-3 times of 15-20mins during the day time. He will wants to sleep at 9pm+ and wakes up at 3-4am & 6-7am for feed. He will stay awake after the morn feed and don't slp much for the rest of the day. Is it normal for babies to sleep that little?
 
Alfafa
Are you selling off any sling? not sure if i want to get any leh. If cheap cheap, maybe can ask hubby if can get 1 or not.
 
Alfafa,
But shoulder and back will ache when baby gets heavier.

Jo,
try to make the pouch higher by increasing the length of the "tail". You need to make this adjustment before putting baby in.

Queenie,
Not familiar with listing things on ebay. Will try this forum first.

Compass Point meet-up
I prefer either 25th or 27th May.
 
Have been anooping around but never post. My girl was born on 28th March. Have an elder tod boy born in Feb 2007.

Ida,
Have a similar mum which is sitting there doing nothing. If you want, can pass to you. I live pretty far, in telok blangah, if you want, I'll be bring my girl for 6-in-1 injection at Kid's Clinic at Rivervale plaza on 14 May. Can pass to you then if you are keen.
 
Thank god she's finally willing to settle down now. Had to carry her with one hand for the whole morning till now.

pups,

ok if I have time I make one for you. Operative words ... "have time". Lols don;'t know when lah. Also need to buy fabric cos I used up my last few feet to make burp cloth. I couldn;t sleeo the night before my elective C sec and ended up sewing through the night.

Queenie,
bring yours to the gathering and sell lah. Think it will be great if we can turn that into a swap meet too. Will be "legit" so don;t be shy! Want to see you in person too, havng already seen your valentine's day shots. So envyious of your youth!

Daphne,
wow so sweet. Was an addiction to sew. Next time we can start a sewing circle. OMG did I just say that?! My ex-colleagues will fall off their chairs if they know how much I have changed. No longer the insane workaholic like before. So homely now. In the past it was my hubby who did ALL the housework. I only had time to make money. Whenever he complained about the unkept house I would retort with a "my one hour is worth many times than that of a part time cleaner". How arrogant then. :p Aiiiii now am a housewife. Zero income per hour liao. Better keep quiet. Think it's God's way of humbling me.
happy.gif
don;t know how I digress to this. Opps

My friend calls it the "nesting instinct". She couldn't stop knitting when she found out she was pregnant. So funny.

Idaarshad, and ladies re the nursing cover,

the below $20 one sounds like a good deal. Frankly nursing covers are real easy to make but the problem is, with the bbs crying away, everything becomes much more difficult. Even frying an egg also can be "zhao ta" if bb is wailing away in the background

p/s idaarshad, thanks for your help with the alert!


Asura, jtho,
Think Pumpkin is also travelling in a few weeks time. Don;t think she is cancelling her trip to Europe either. I thought Europe seems ok, didn't hear too much bad press re europe. USA though ... then again, asura is right lah. USA is so big, I'm sure it will be ok. Was just sharing with Pumpkin seed what my bro & SIL (they stay in the USA) told me re babies on long haul flights.

Buy ear plus (super cheap dont worry), some nice individually wrapped chocolates/candies (make sure they dont look like the airline ones) and prepared cards with a short sweet message to apologise in advance for possible baby cries. Basically a message to pre-empt plus seek their understanding. Then put one set on every seat in yuor cabin or near to ya. You can request to be seated first. Usually this will soften the hearts of people seated around you.

I know because I used to travel long haul for work alot (cattle class for us) and I always complain when I see babies in my cabin! I remembered being in a murderous mood when I was stuck on the plane from Sing to San Fran then Toronto with one particularly difficult baby. it's hard to be understanding when one is jet lagged, plus need to attend meetings almost immediately, and not a parent yet. Those little gestures would have at least softened my heart a little. :p hope this helps
 
Alfafa:

glad to hear Grace is much better now...thanks for sharing the tips..think will be careful with BB and diary products... I ever thought of feeding him with yogurt when he starts weaning... but I think I better seek advice from the PD first...

by the way any mummies here heard of Colostrum ? Any feedback on it...cos my boy going infant care..so thought of trying to get him some from GNC to build up his immunity...
 
kome,
I bought the 2nd hand balboa from one of the mommies here. Think ida posted her link up before. I lost the url already. I have not collected from her yet. She's selling at $45. It's supposedly tip top condition. Would you want to take over? Kinda regret because I have just ordered a pikkolo and would probably just alternate between my pupsik, pikkolo and my mom's sling. But a deal is a deal so I will honour it for sure. If you want I can collect and pass to you at the gathering. If not then I use lor. heee

it's the same as Jtho's. She brought it at the last gathering and I thought it looked quite nice, easier to match with clothes at least
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300309592299
 
Alfafa,
Little Grace will be alrite. She's a strong BB, will recover fast. Soon she'll be drinking milk and happily playing! Jia you ok!

jasmin
my boy at 7+weeks have the same routine as ur BB. I think it's ok, as long as he can drink his milk. And sleep longer at nite.
 
Ann,
ok cool,
let's coordinate when closer to date.

Queenie, Teddy, Mummybean
there's one at harbourfront centre too. Don't know what's the package like.

Mummybean,
hope you can resolve the care-giving issue soon. You have another 1.5mths before going back?

Oh yes before I forgot
re: the huggies swimming diapers
sorry to all the mommies who said they wan to share. Was thinking of ordering one carton, hubby said ok also but it seems like we don;t have enough mommies to share. One carton (not one pack) is really alot leh somemore comes with sizes so cannot keep forever either. So I'll probably just buy a pack off the shelf too. Sorry to disappoint.

re: wet mucus

yup, PD says leave it alone unless BB appears to have difficulty breathing and so I did. Strangely it seems to go off on its own eventually.

Welcome chocbabe!
You love chocos? My fav is royce. I could wack a box in a day and a half during my last trimester. Scary hor.

Lenny,
google for Baby Poo Blood Diary ... in any order. Aiiiiii wish I knew before hand. I have always been taking here and then and bb was fine. Then 3 days ago I bought a 2l tub of milk and drank at least 2 glasses a day consecutively cos I got tired of milo. NExt thing I knew baby fell sick!

Spent $150 on a 5min visit and 1.5hr waiting time. Worse thing is baby cried alot or when she stopped crying she became very listless and drowsy. Became very clingy suddenly too. Hopefully she will be back to her happy self soon.
 
minnie
Thanks for reassuring me. PD says my boy is developing well and some babies tend to sleep less than many others. Cause I asked around and everyone told me their babies can nap 2-3 times of 2-3hrs in the day which really worries me.

Gathering at SK
I'm staying at CCK but would really like to join the gathering cause my boy tends to sleep better after going out. Any mummies staying in the west/north side & maybe can share cab?
 
Alfafa
I like that sling also, but scare huuby scold me for buying alot of things. Recently had brought alot. Can i let you know tonight if i want? I really like it very much. Mmm.....not sure if Anver wanna stay inside there or not. Don't worry about too much, I sure your child will recover very soon.
 
Alfafa:

thanks...ya..actually it just been resolved..the principal called me and said there is a miscom...so she got a place for my boy...
happy.gif
happy..now is the adaptation issue...ha... I realise we mummies are always worrying about everything...
 
pups
don worry smh will have takers for ur obuba..
happy.gif
i like obuba coz it act as his blanket when we are out..

alfafa
i got nth to sell.. haha.. ya been wanting to see u all so much.. kekes.. thx u for ur praises. u brighten up my day. haha.
u got so many carriers?? -stunned-
oh ya i forgot abt the harbourfront outlet..kekes..

mummy bean
i paid $50 for the membership. $196 for 10 swimming sessions. ytd was given free to me.. since i signed up on e spot.
if normal walk-ins, 1st time $28 sebsequent visits will be $30..
they are using baby neck floats. quite ok .. how old is ur darling? tristan is 2mths old.. i tink is ok for him to go liao.. maybe u wan wait until 3mths?
 
hi mommies

alfafa thks for updating my son's condition n asking prayers from everyone...

finally got time to post something after reading so much postings n wanted very much to post but becoz my son got kinda severe GERD, i simply got no chance to type lo.. hee.. tell alfafa the wrong term..:p

What is GERD?
Your stomach is filled with acid. Its purpose is to help digest the food you eat. Believe it or not, this acid is the same acidity as battery acid. Your stomach is built to handle the acid it produces. However, your esophagus isn’t. So when acid backs up into your esophagus, it can cause the burning sensation known as heartburn.

Almost everyone has occasional heartburn. But if these symptoms occur two or more days a week for at least three months, you may have GERD, or acid reflux disease. Acid reflux occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (the valve separating the esophagus and stomach) does not close properly, allowing acid to back up into the esophagus.

Usually quite common in babies.. their stomach acid is quite high compare to adult becoz milk is the hardest food content to be digested due to calcium tatz y they er ni lor..

for the past few days were horrendous, he cant go into sleep n will wake up very 15mins n i knew he was damn tired but just becoz of the pain he cant go into sleep.. so really bo bian gotta carry hima round to pacify him n oso to aid him into sleep.. aiyo hopefully i dun spoil him coz is only these few days i started doing tat when he not feeling well plus he constant stomach wind.. so heartache to see him like tat n at the same time wanna rest oso cannot.. haiz...

watever went into him will just come out or maybe still got some went into his stomach but the feeding got so frequent like every half to an hr will have to feed him again.. sometime even throw out some digested milk content after an hr of feeding.. he cannot lay flat right after feeding still gotta put him in 30 degree angle for the milk to go in smoothly into his tummy.. aiyo.. arbo he sure got milk come out one..

initially thought is just normal merlion act but it went on to frequent n almost after every feed, just few days ago went really serious tat i brought him to the pd on monday..

today is getting better, at least his napping time stretches longer.. crossed finger hope situation turns better..

Re: Gathering
will see whether by then is Ziv better bo, then can share cab with those living in the east.. i m staying in bedok south road.. =)
 
Alfafa ...

If you buying 1 pack can i just buy 2 pc from you?? Cos as long as the baby dun poo in it the swimming diaper can be reused =)

Glad to know that bb Grace is fine
 
alfafa,

Am sure that ur bb Grace would get well soon and resume back to what she was at our gathering in ur house..
happy.gif


Thanks for the flight tips. Got no time to shop for all these stuff for my trip there. Shall see how she is during the flight and if it is back, i would buy for those on my flight when i get back. Now very busy looking after her and packing my luggage at the same time. At the same time also monitoring the situation to see how it goes. Hb cant wait to see bb! Hope things get better than i can go for my Niagara Falls/New York trip in Jul else it would be cancelled.. so sad... maybe go to Yellowstone national park.. hee hee..
 
p3pp3r
haha din noe u belong to e east oso.. if he recover liao n u r rdy to go out we can go tog..
happy.gif


tdy tristan very slpy. donno wads wrong..
 
pepper:: HUGS HUGS HUGE HUGS to ziv. hope he gets well soon and back to his bouncy self!

alfafa:: hope grace is better today? She's such a sweetheart.

Asura:: when u flying eh?

queenie:: haha you better zz while he zz. as for swimming at hwa xia, my advice is to go AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. i brought my #1 there when he was like 7 -8 months and he is TOTALLY TERRIFIED. till now, he's still scared of the pool. already 18mths liao. Sighs. Wonder if i get to bring Trishelle to the pool sooner. hehe.

ME went to do my hair again just now. Muahaha. SUper satisfied.
 
p3pp3r - *sayang* Ziv..hope he gets well soon! poor thing...

alfafa - grace will get well soon! no worries! heee. such a darling she is.. *sayang grace*

arghhhh im so tempted to buy the beco lo.. HAHAHAHA but i shall refrain if not hubby will be really angry... =x its not cheap lo.. haii...

cindy - bring her swim asap!!! i let Kirsten sleep at home in the tub i bought.. she likes it... hee... take a lot at Asura's baby in FB!!! Damn Zai okie! she slept while swimming! HAHAHAHA!!!

i think sassy has pool at her plc... maybe cn let our babies swim then??? hee hee...

Alfafa - the swim diapers, hw packs or carton must we order? i think if we pool here shld be able to hit the quota? let us knw. if too much of a hassle then nmv ba.. il buy off the shelf as well... =) but then again.. i let him swim at home.. not public pool for now. so maybe nt necc also.. hahahahaha
 
SeaBreeze,
How to reuse the swim diapers? I used the disposable ones for my #1 last time and at the end of the swim session, the diaper as absorbed a lot of water... I don't see how to reuse it. Please enlighten me!
 
queenie
sure sure.. will love to since i oso sahm for the next few more months down the road.. heee..

asura, cindy n missycandy
thks for ur wishes... really hope he will get better to join in the upcoming gathering.. wanted to go really coz so much mommies going.. must be a sight man.. hee...
 
cindy,

I am flying off on tues..
happy.gif
Still monitoring the situation.. currently still going.. can postpone.. but i cant give a date.. so shall proceed if things are still the same.
 
<font color="119911">alfafa, pups,
it seems dat watever we eat can pass on to bb thru bm, am i rite? oops, i've been drinkin coffee, tea, eating junks n chocolate, will it affect bb? by the way, i love royce too, keke, tokin abt it makes me drool liaoz. been wanting to sew but dun have a sewing machine n ppl i noe do not sew, sianz, hopefuli next time can learn frm u. i knit for my #1, learnt frm my neighbour, fun.</font>
 
Gathering @ Sassybaby's Serangoon Gardens
Date: Friday 15th May
Timing : 1230pm - 430pm
Food: Lunch/High Tea Menu will be catered. Pls be prepared ard $15/pax.


confirmed attendees -

1. missycandy(candace) &amp; Kirsten
2. Kris &amp; baby
3. Seabreeze &amp; baby
4. keron&amp;jeris(kris) &amp; Kayla
5. Kome(Yvonne) &amp; Anver
6. Pei &amp; Mikaela
7. Daphne &amp; Ugin
8. prosper(fiona) &amp; Kayle
9. alfafa(hazel) &amp; Grace
10. starflower(lorraine) &amp; Keenan
11. Laurel &amp; pumpkinseed
12. sportyger(yvonne) &amp; marissa ann
13. Queenie(emily) &amp; Tristan
14. Idaarshad(risha) &amp; Akmal Rizqin
15. Jo/mickeymummy(Jolene) &amp; Eddric
16. tuskywollie (pls pm me ur number =D )

TBC attendees -

1. Cindy &amp; Trishelle
2. Wintertime(summer) &amp; Wilber
3. Irene &amp; Zachary (pls pm me ur number =D )
4. pups &amp; Kaeris
5. pinkdemoness(daphne) &amp; Elixir
6. bluebell &amp; baby (pls pm me ur number =D )
7. Annt(ann) &amp; Ashton
8. p3pp3r(Joyce) &amp; Ziv

--------------------------------------------------

Sharing Cabs/Car Pooling:

North - missycandy(taking cab frm Bishan mrt. If any mummy wants to share with me. Let me knw. =D)

South/Central -

East - Queenie &amp; p3pp3r

West -
 
alfafa - bb grace will be fine soon... had say my prayer for her...
happy.gif


Ever since the day our kids are born, we mummies just couldnt breath properly. The slightest things we can worry for days, months or even years. Agree mummies?
 
teddybaby, feel better now. cant feel the blocked duct there and trying to cleae it on my own by hot compress n massage.

Alfafa, hope Grace is feeling better now. Zachary is cranky for the whole day also. Wakes up for feeds (every 1-2 hours today iso of the usual 3 hours), crying, etc... wonder what's wrong with him. Very tempted to bring him down to PD tomorrow to check if he is colicky or what... haiz...


GER: more info here: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gerdinfant/index.htm
looking at this article, Zachary also reflux his milk out more often these few days... he will cries then we pick him up n he will merlion...

Jasmin, Zachary sleeps quite a lot, sleep after he is full from feeding and can last 1-2 hours. But he will be awake from a whole stretch of 3-4 hours once during daytime. At night, last feed at 10+pm, then he will wakes up between at 1.30-2.30am then next feeding at between 5-6am. But so long, baby is feeding well, pooing and peeing well, growing well, it's should be fine.

p3pp3r, hope Ziv recover soon.

misscandy, pm you my number le.
 
Ida
i wont be going to the gathering at serangoon.
so let's arrange a date and time to meet at the MRT or meet me at compassvale LRT?

re: fever
my baby just got his jab today. want to ask you...what temperature is considered fever?? 37.5 or 38 degree?
anyway, I'm so proud of my boy..he didn't cry at all during his jab
happy.gif
doctor also comment that his neck is quite strong already for his age
 
irene
think better take him to pd.. coz may be reflux.. it can be very uncomfortable for him one.. poor thing.. i overlook on my boy n the situation escalate till very bad reflux.. he got choke very often, gagging on milk, poor sleep habits typically with frequent waking, wet burp or frequent hiccups, excessive drooling n till almost every feed he sure reguitate.. becoz of these he got more wind inside n make him in pain..
 
Sassybaby,
shall we combine order? if order more than one this lady organising the BP will give us 5% discount. Don;t know if that means deliver to one address or not. So it's $225 + 5% discount = $213.75

happy.gif


She hasn't started her BP thread yet, I emailed her directly to ask. She just sold her last pikkolo yesterday so she will be ordering new ones. She'll let me know when the new goods will arrive.

Btw, her Pikkolo belt is OSS so I'm using the connecta belt which she says looks and works the same, but less bulky.

Let me know if you are keen?
 
p3pp3r
what to do if bb got reflux? give him gripe water can? my baby these days got very fussy..always cry before drinking his milk. i dont see him pulling legs to his chest as he is having gas..but he is cranky..refusing the teat..need a few mins to calm him down before he really drinks his milk.
I just came back from PD..and she only told me that it's not colic but may have a little wind
 
Thanks fellow mommies. Am monitoring her soiled diapers now. Mood and energy level wise she is getting better as we speak. Almost reached for my Island Creamery Chocolate chip ice cream just now then remembered just in the nick of time. Sian.

Miss83,
I heard some mommies saying that they feed their babies with panadols in advance and it helps to ward off fevers. Maybe some one can advise on this?

Irene,
Hope Zac goes back to normal soon. Mine goes out of character once in a while and we realised in hindsight that it is usually due to wind.

Kris,
don;t say learn from me pls. I also trial and error one. You don't know how many pieces of fabric I have destoryed liao. hahaha hey hey I want to learn knitting! I want to learn to knit cute sweaters but even better, start with baby soft shoes. So cute!

sassybaby,
yes yes that will be fun. I'll buy one pack of the swimming diapers at CS later then. Misscandy, seabreeze, no problem!

Pepper,
oh dear. NOw reading your post about Ziv and GERD it sounds worse than I thought. It is most tough on you actually cos babies have short memories. Is your mom or MIL able to help at times? Think I would have gone crazy if I were you.
 
asura,
have a good trip. I'm hoping to go USA sometime this year too. Am monitoring the situation as well.

Kris,
I think a cup of coffee, abit of chocs here and there should be fine? Even during pregnancy gynae said it's ok to have one cup of coffee a day. Think the diff between this time and previous occasions when I took dairy products is that I drank too much too fast in the last 3 days. I just remembered I took quite a bit of cheese in adfdition ot the milk the night before yesterday.
 
i actually saw the lady post the bp for pikolo yesterday... i jus pmed her... shes says nt allowed to do bp for it. so taken away. if wan i cn pm u the web she gave me to order. might b same as alfafa's source... hee...
 



Back
Top