(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

pumpkin seed
i had the same problem as you regarding nanny... initially wanted to put bb in infantcare. but thank goodness, my friend recommended my current nanny to me. not only i dun have to bring bb to her place, she comes to my place to babysit, do some simple chores and cook for us
happy.gif
so i will most likely continue to engage her service after i go back to work in July. she hopes to take care of Olivier till he's 1 yr old, but hubby is thinking of putting Olivier in infantcare when he's 10 mths old so that he can socialise with other babies... we'll see how then!
 


alfafa, I'll have the paradise pikkolo carrier plus the belt too. Hope we wrap up the order soon, I also can't wait to get it. =)

afcai, yes, pumping milk really takes a lot of my time..I miss my couple days sometimes.. My baby takes a longgg time to drink my milk too, and sometimes, half an hr later, he wants more milk. That's another reason why i prefer EBM at nite..Anyway, I decide to try latch on this weekend, to see which way is better, for hubby's sake..sigh...
 
pumpkin seed
missycandy knows of someone who can babysit who lives in Sunset Way. but she charges $850 per mth. if u r interested, can check with missycandy.
 
jtho actually I have not experienced Christmas in France so what gives me the right say haha. We will be in his hometown though so not sure if as pretty as Paris. Plus we won't be in the north so not sure if will have snow.
For clothing, can go to Mothercare. They still have some A/W stuff for boys at 50% off. Cheap cheap. I stocked up on a few sets for A.

Foot muff depends on the type of stroller you have if you want it to be attachable to the stroller seat. I have seen them only at MC and Motherswork. But prob easier/cheaper for you to buy in France. Weather shouldn't be too cold now.

Not sure about mineral water but should be fine for just a few weeks.

Mind if I ask how much you are paying your nanny?
Budget $600+/month. $850 seems a bit much esp if I have to cab it to her place every morning and evening.
 
alfafa, paiseh, i changed my mind, think i get cloud cos better to have black straps huh.. I love the mocca rouge too, too bad, hubby object, haha...he wanted black, so I compromise and get cloud instead..
 
Prosper
Saw you getting the balboa sling from BP, so you getting another pikkolo also? How to you find balboa?

Hoho03
Think that mummy have npt use that balboa before as her header indicate its brand new one.
 
pumpkin seed
hubby's home is in Caen, not Paris too... and normally there's no snow during Xmas, though i always hope for snow (but MIL always hope for no snow... hehe) it will only snow in end Jan and Feb.

will go Mothercare this weekend to check out. thanks!

MIL had sent a parcel of clothings for Olivier to wear when we go back... but stupid Singpost delivery man wrote wrong article number and in the end we waited for more than a week to get an answer from them whether they found our parcel. finally, they'll be sending to us again tomorrow. i'll see what's in the parcel and decide what else to get this weekend.
 
kome,
ya ya just got balboa sling. I feel very comfortable wearing sling. Kayle only loves craddle style. other method of putting her in, she will make noise a little bit. I am still figuring how to put her lie flat in sling. Maybe gathering will ask some mummies to help me.

so many toking abt pikkolo. i am tempted to buy too. Is alfafa taking order? cos seem mummies r telling her the design
 
<font color="0000ff">Gathering @ CompassPoint</font>
Please choose a date u want:
25th/27th/29th May

1.ida &amp; akmal rizqin
2. pups - 25th or 27th
3.grace
4. jo - Any date
5. kris - 29th
6. sportyger
7. bluebell
8. pei
9. Kome - Any date

Mummies, do let me know which date u want..
 
Prosper
Oh......me too cannot resist the temptation to get the balboa sling, but as this might be my last child so in dilema as want or don't want to get the sling. Scare will waste money lor.

Yup, Alfafa is helping all the mummies to consolidate the order for pikkolo. Think she has not log in yet today.
 
jtho,

Do not use mineral water for FM. Bb cannot digest the minerals in the water. My fren nearly lost her gal when she did that in US..
 
Alfafa &amp; Pepper, glad that both of your darlings are recovering well and thk God problems are detect early
happy.gif


Float:
Seabreeze, how much is the float?
Any link to show the colour?
Is purple the only colour available?

Yesterday brought my gal for the swim, she njoys it and it is like a spa treatment for her
happy.gif


Carrier:
Wish I can get the carrier soon so that can start bring my gal out alone and hands free to shop, SOOOO bored at hm!!
Any BP for the carrier ah? Cant see any leh..or isit under WTS section?
 
kome,
hmm, give to my frd or sis lor..
what to do, my arms going to break liao carrying ah boy..

then i find tt if i can sling him, at least i can hold my #1... if not #1 will try to be funny.. keke
 
Prosper, what is the BP link for balboa sling? I cant find leh or maybe I overlook or blur,haa.
Wonder isit selling in any local outlet like Pupsik studio at suntec?
Hmm...maybe this weekend go suntec and get the pupsik,hehe
 
Jo
oh, thanks for telling me that! but how ah? dunno whether can boil tap water in France to prepare milk or not... or use distilled water?
 
ladies ...

I opt for registered mail since there are 4 floats so better to play safe =) and worth it cos we can spilt the cost heehee

Prosper &amp; Sportyger - Purple
Mangogal - Pink
 
jtho,

U r welcome.. thk nt many pple know coz' s'pore usually boil water.. thk best is still boiled water.

Balboa sling:
i have a brand new sling and till date, not successful in using it yet. Will bring to next fri gathering and see if any kind mummy there can help me. If not, I will sell away..
 
Girls, 3 orders confirmed for the Beco. The distributor will deliver and demo at the gathering next week. Does that sound ok for everyone? Then if you want to consider, you can ask her to bring the pattern that you like and purchase on the spot if you want to.
Last batch of Allison, Ryan and Anna. The rest can be re-ordered if OOS.
She also sells Cuseberry legwarmers.

jtho My friend used mineral water for few days and baby was fine. It sounds like not good to use in the long run though. Bear in mind also that tap water in France does contain more minerals than in SG. Best to ask GP advice?
 
Pumpkin, I also want to order but need to try on Beco before ordering but next fri you will be bringing the stock to the 3 mummies?
Or maybe I give a cal to the distributor and order frm her directly after trying on next fri after the gathering?
 
mscandy,
thks for the balboa search..
i deal with her liao.. kekeke...

mummies,
bbs who are slping tummy down, do we still need to swaddle them?
 
ehhhh sleeping dwn do not swaddle.. ! they cnt move their limbs... then they cn move their heads... wait kena swaddle difficult to move... hmmmm i usually let her sleep on tummy day time... night time is sideways or flat.. depends on her la... whatever position she finds suitable to KO... for swaddling i only place her flat or sideways with a bolster to support her back...
 
Kome,
The Balboa sling can take up to 11.5kg
happy.gif

Me no regrets buying at all, though I hesitated a lot in the beginning. And I've tried to check, apparently no retail shop in Singapore carries this sling.

Missycandy,
I've PM you my mobile no. Thanks alot!


Seabreeze,
Oops sorry sorry, is it too late if I wanna order the round float? I'd like to have purple colour if its still possible to order? How much and can I transfer tonight?
 
Gathering @ Sassybaby's Serangoon Gardens
Date: Friday 15th May
Timing : 1230pm - 430pm
Food: Lunch/High Tea Menu will be catered. Pls be prepared ard $15/pax.


confirmed attendees -

1. missycandy(candace) &amp; Kirsten
2. Kris &amp; baby
3. Seabreeze &amp; baby
4. keron&amp;jeris(kris) &amp; Kayla
5. Kome(Yvonne) &amp; Anver
6. Pei &amp; Mikaela
7. Daphne &amp; Ugin
8. prosper(fiona) &amp; Kayle
9. alfafa(hazel) &amp; Grace
10. starflower(lorraine) &amp; Keenan
11. Laurel &amp; pumpkinseed
12. sportyger(yvonne) &amp; marissa ann
13. Queenie(emily) &amp; Tristan
14. Idaarshad(Ida) &amp; Akmal Rizqin
15. Jo/mickeymummy(Jolene) &amp; Eddric
16. tuskywollie
17. devil(lin lin) &amp; Charlotte
18. koala(Sandy) &amp; baby

TBC attendees -

1. Cindy &amp; Trishelle
2. Wintertime(summer) &amp; Wilber
3. Irene &amp; Zachary (pls pm me ur number =D )
4. pups &amp; Kaeris
5. pinkdemoness(daphne) &amp; Elixir
6. bluebell &amp; baby (pls pm me ur number =D )
7. Annt(ann) &amp; Ashton
8. p3pp3r(Joyce) &amp; Ziv
9. Jaszho(jasmine) &amp; Javen
10. sinmey &amp; baby
11. vernice80 &amp; baby

--------------------------------------------------

Sharing Cabs/Car Pooling:

North - missycandy, devil, koala(frm bishan) , Jaszho(KIV)

South/Central -

East - Queenie &amp; p3pp3r
 
kome,
i find that, if i dun swaddle my boy, he cannot go dreamland very long.. swaddle liao, at least 1-2hrs.

mscandy,
huh cannot swaddle ah, now he is slping tummy down very soundly lei.. i always swaddle and pat him to slp.

just tt just now i wan to try try if he can tummy slp long long..

how ah, release the swaddle cloth??!!

gathering,
love to lei, but too far fm me.
got west side, sure join.
 
Koala
Thanks. Yup, think i have not see any retail shop selling Balboa sling too. Mmmm.....since alot of mummies have good comment for it, i will just get it than.

Alfafa
Hee....need to depend on you for help to get the sling for me already. Thanks
happy.gif
 
Koala ...

You going for the gathering on Fri? Cos if yes then I can pass to you. Otherwise I can ask the person to send to you direct.
 
Hoho03
I remembered there was a time when i swaddle my boy and let him laid flat on tummy, i get scolded by mum saying that i don't scare will injure his hand meh. She told me cannot swaddle him if lay flat on tummy. My mum got alot of experience looking after babies already. She had helped to look after for more than 12 babies already, so i trusted her.
 
Kome,
all right I collect from her and pass to you next fri. You can pay me cash $45 as per her listing.

Vivien,
ok got it Cloud Pikkolo with connecta belt $210. By the way, Cloud Pikkolo has brown straps not black leh. I just looked at the catbird website again and that's what it says. I'll put in the order right away. In fact the lady is just waiting for her stocks to arrive. Don't know when either, thought she can let me know yesterday but I guess it will have to be tomorrow due to the time diff. Same here I want it NOW! haaa

Prosper,
we are such bad influence, I tell ya. Our hubbies should block access to this forum. :p
Let me know if you want. Likewise, not profiting nor do I have any personal agenda. Just am trying to get a better deal for myself and everyone here, plus ... good things must share mah.

Mangogal,
thanks man. Yah thank goodness it was detected early because I am a dairy product junkie. Baby is ok now, poo is back to normal and she is once again smiling at me. Having said that she is a bit more clingy than before (woe!). Hopefully that will soon go away too.

Agnes,
you asked pretty much the same questions as me. Tell ya what I forward the email feedback from some mommies to you ok? Can you PM me so that I have your email addy? It's too much to type here lah.
 
kome,
jialat, how ah, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... i dun wan disturb him lei..
then i wan nap liao oso lei..

how how how...

ooo when they slp, is it like a frog ah, butt will lift up?
 
hoho - hmmm if u swaddle him... dn he face dwnwards... he cnt use hands to push himself up? i dunno leh.. for my girl.. when she slp on tummy sometimes she will use her hands to push herself up... then like to turn her head - left, right and face down... LOL... then like to lick the bed... so must make sure i wash the cloth she lies on regularly...

west ah... i think some mummies coming frm the west leh.. daphne and alfafa.. maybe cn ask them?
 
some personal opinions, but still prefer that you check out the email feedback that I'll forward once I have your email addy. Those are pikkolo mommies in singers. I have not received my yet
happy.gif
 
alfafa, haha, for the balboa sling, i lied to hb tat i buying at $28 and u know wat, he believed it. If i say buying at $68, he will kill me.

now i am getting pikkolo at >$200, i am sure he will scold me. I must find a reason how i get this sling then... still thinking ha
 
ya. she sleeps like a frog. butt up. haaa... dn will kick kick kick.. then end up at the top of the bed/couch/wherever she is sleeping. hahahah.
 


alfafa, ok my order: Mocca Rouge pikkolo. really got to fork out own money liao. Hb will not let me buy this. BUT i just dun care. haha
Trying to find reason now
 

Back
Top