(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

<font color="119911">wow, seeing you mummies gg for gathering reli envy envy, im still in confinement, onli ends on 30apr.

btw, can we eat potato chips while bf? r we suppose to avoid peanuts?</font>
 


Re: Gathering
wa.. there'll be an outing next week liao ar? hmmm.. wanna join in but scare bb get cranky then i siao liao.. IMM too far for me coz i live in the east, can only go down to town..
aaaa... if i manage to join in than mine will be the only boy la? wa.. he yan fu bu qian ar.. whahahaha... but think will update u gals whether i can make it or not ba.. will pm one of u my hp no... =)
 
To sportyger

ya never realise motherhood can be so tiring... but am glad to have u mummies as support here...and sometimes life could be quite boring at home alone... fortunately I found here as an avenue to rant my probs...

To alfafa77
ha...ya I am a fan of their watermelon soya milk and cheese pancakes... I was called miss_bean at sg brides..so when shift to motherhood become mummy bean...ha...

To Serene
Ic..thanks for the reply...I was quite worried with his intake but now I realise he is the same as some babies..felt much at ease...

To missycandy

thanks for your encouragement... I was actually nearly into depression when I can't bf my baby... I cried everyday during that time of my mastitis... so guilty as they always talk about the benefits of BF... now am better and accepting the fact realising there are alot of mummies like me and I am not an oddball.. =)

looks like u all having a nice mummies outing with your princess... Enjoy yourselves ! =)
 
wah happen that outing, all are baby gals?
hee so qiao
happy.gif


Motherhood is indeed tiring but when we see our darlings smiley facees and making cooing sound is so happy and contented right??
happy.gif


I am using mummy poko diapers also, it is good but wonder gt lobang to get it cheaper?
 
am having fever now, due to blocked ducts i guess. I'm thinking to drag my pump interval to 4hrs n drag the nite pump to 5am and got blocked ducts. Sianz...

My rite breast is painful when i press on it.
 
starflower I a using mamy poko at night and Goon in daytime when I go out too! Where is gmarket? Is it cheaper than www.diapers.com.sg ?

vivien I have spare Avent manual pump if you wanna try first before buying. You just need to get the set of diaphragms and valves from Avent showroom in Toa Payoh. Think it's $20.
 
Alfafa, prosper, Missy, I am fine with paragon or Taka also. Haha. Anything la.. Hot mama Woah, definitely not me wor, Haha. Town is fine if more mommies can meet, jtho, pepper? Hehe. How how? prosper.. Will sms u later. My number is 94759662. Now latching also very hard to type. So how ha. We need an organiser. Haha. Okie. So hmm, shall we meet for lunch at 1pm, followed by some dessert and coffee? Or just have some dessert n coffee?

Missy, u tired ma? If go out both wed n thursday in a row? We can opt for mon or tues if better for U?
 
Haha, Okie finished latching n left her on the bed to let her drift to lala land herself..
Woah if all bb girls so exciting ley! We can even have a outfit color theme. So cute if take photos.. Haha! Now don't know what to wear... myself!

But pepper, please do try to join us lo.. I failed to join the preggie gatherings, hope can have a bb gathering!
 
welcome mummy bean

misssorbet

I dunno tat PD @ kidslink wat name leh cos ist time seeing her and i dun see any name hanging on her door..her size also like e PD from ESH ( are we talking about e same DR? haha)I went to see her when BB is @ wk 1 for Ist hep B.
so tot of taking 6in1 @ kidslink cos near my place.Dunno this DR ok anot

Now then i realise so many of our BB behaving like tat..really muz carry carry till they zzz, cnt put down for long else ll cry. haha faintz man.
 
aiii just now my baby merlion too. Didn;t think that I need to burp her halfway since I do direct latch. So wasted. Pretty much the whole feed I think. Gave her a quick bath and she's asleep now but I suspect she will wake up much sooner than usual since she didn't have much in her stomach.
 
Mummy bean ... hahaha this is so funny. From Miss Bean to now Mummy Bean. hahaha

Myself, Cindy, Pepper, Prosper, Misscandy and anyone else? Sportger / Mangogal? Ok let's confirm venue to be paragon then. Date is next Wed as per Cindy's suggestion. Timing wise how about after lunch at 1.30pm? a cross between cindy's and prosper's recommendation. Yah I'm looking at leaving at 4pm too, can beat the peak hour traffic charge and gives me some time to dilly dally at home before cooking dinner.

Date: next wed 29 April
Time: 1.30pm ok?
Venue: Paragon, exact location TBA
Mommies: Alfafa77, Cindy, Prosper, Pepper, MissCandy and babies
happy.gif
 
so far I have the telephone no &amp; email addies of cindy and pepper, as well as telephone no of prosper.

prosper, can PM me so I have your email addy? Misscandy, likewise can? and your cellphone no too. Will send out an email with all our contacts once received.

btw ladies, not advisable to post your cellphone no on a public forum like that leh. Think I ever heard before of kukus who abuse random nos they found online. :p better be careful lah.
 
cindy,
same here. I also didn;t make it to any of the preggie gatherings. Now that I am a SAHM, figured it's time to make new friends to lim kopi with. heheee

Pumpkin,
http://www.gmarket.com.sg/challenge/neo_category/category.asp?gdlc_cd=100000008
Don't know never used them myself but heard some of the mommies give good feedback re this retailer.

Irene,
aiyayaya must be awlful. Do take care and rest well. I think we are all so amazing ever since we became mothers. I used to have a really low threshold for pain myself but not anymore. The other day my bb was unusually rough with my nipple resulting in a piece of skin coming off. Was in pain for 2-3 days but still had to let her latch on. :p

Cindy,
oh just realised you are thinking of having lunch? Up to you ladies. Let me know. I'm just now sure how to makan lunch with her strapped across my bod. hahah usually my hubby and I will take turns to eat when we are outside. If meet for lunch then 1pm will be better.

mangogal,
yah my bb too. She "talks" alot to me and hubby now. Earlier on in the night she was responding to my every coo with her own coo. A mother-daughter tete a tete. so cute.
 
mummy bean,
my bb is now exactly 2 mths old. I bottle fed her from 5 weeks to 7 weeks. At 7 weeks she was taking 100ml per feed, about 8-9 times a day.

Kris,
don't worry you will be able to join us very soon. Err I basically ate everything, just in moderation. But of course no alcohol lah.

Starflower,
re Jab. Yes you are right. It's because bb has already take hep b 2nd dose, so there is no need to go for 3x 6in1. Me too. I'm going for 5in1, 5in1 and then the final jab 6in1 to include hep b 3rd dose.
 
Meet-up in town,
would love to meet up in town since its near where i stay .. but first i need to figure out how to use the pupsik sling from alfafa! ok, if i manage to meet alfafa this sat and figure out the sling, i will join u mummies too since u seem to be lacking in baby boys :p

keron&amp;jeris - re cranky during the day: i find that my boy tends to be very quiet or fall asleep very easier when i bring him out; maybe the car motion and being pushed in a stroller calms him down... maybe u shd try bringing ur baby out more in the day? i find that time passes faster when i'm out; if i'm at home in the day then i end up having to pull a chair alongside the playpen and pat pat my boy to sleep or constantly on the ready to pop the pacifier into his mouth after he drops it.. v tiring..
 
re burping

my baby burped really easily usually but that seemed to have changed over the last 2 days. V hard to get her to burp again today, which explained the merlion act earlier.
sad.gif
Don't know what happened.
 
<font color="119911">pups</font>,
u very gd wor...still read to yr no#1. my no#1 dun really can sit still to read a book.

<font color="119911">Idaasrshad</font>
re: certificate of vaccinations
so far, I dun have any (maybe apply to private clinic only). all the jabs are recorded into the healthbook by polyclinic.

<font color="119911">misscandy</font>,
actually not really cold water but water fr running tap.

when u dig yr bb pi sai, will she struggle and scream. this happen to my boy. he not only got pi sai but stain fr his er ni.

<font color="119911">cindy</font>,
jurong pt got nursing rm loh beside the kiddy palace.

<font color="119911">teddybaby</font>,
I only off panty liner(use for a mth and the previous 1.5mth is using pad) last week. lochia lasted 2mth +. but now and then still got a dot brown stains. my boy is coming to 3mth next week (preterm by right full mth next tues).

<font color="119911">Vivien</font>,
the best pump to get more milk is latch on. suppy equal to demand.

<font color="119911">pinksorbet</font>
hmm dunno leh, sometimes, the tap for drypers is sticky but sometimes not. then bb clothes will be wet.

huggies dun have the sticky tape only velco. so isn't that better?

Re: Burping of bb
we will try to walk ard the hse to make sure he burp before placing him bck to slp. if not, let him stay in the rocker then came bck again. he will struggle and then carry him again, will burp.

<font color="119911">miss83</font>,
burping my boy is the big project loh. my boy needs to burp between his 90ml feed, if not, he will merlion out the milk. he also will not suck and then that's the cue to burp him.

re:slp.
bb need to pat to slp or rock to slp. plc playpen mattress during daytime like got pins, plc inside yao lan also dun want, will cling to cloth, scared scared. so his daytime bed is his rocker. night time, need to carry and pat.

<font color="119911">misscandy</font>,
yr mum is like my mum loh...saying the same thing...keep on wanting to feed him when my boy cry.

<font color="119911">cindy, prosper, misscandy,alfafa</font>,
re:eek:uting via gathering
hmm just a suggestion why not go JP,west mall or lot 1 where MRT access. hmm..can also bring stroller

<font color="119911">Mummy Bean</font>,
welcome.I supposed to be march bb but my bb born preterm 2mth....

daytime, we remove mitten fr bb. of cos, cut his nails once per wk. gd to remove mitten so that they can developed their grabbing skills. my boy luv to grab his handkerchief and his bottle.

my boy coming to 3mth (actual age is 1mth) still on 90ml feed every 2hrs during daytime. night time depending will woke up fr 3-7hrly.

<font color="119911">Srumpee </font>,
maybe yr bb need some hug or accompany for comfort. that's what my boy do.so need to rock him to slp or need ppls to be present so that he can lay still.

<font color="119911">Kris</font>,
why cannot eat potato chips. I still eat tibits loh.

<font color="119911">irene</font>,
oh, sound bad...did u go and see doc? this mth, I only pumped 5hrly liao but dun really get engorge.bm not gd this preggie.
 
afcai,
wow you still awake too? Me tend to sleep late. Well I really should sleep when my baby is sleeping but somehow I always find myself refusing to sleep till about 1plus am, regardless of whether she falls asleep at 10plus or 11plus. Reason being this is the only time in the day when I can have some quiet time by myself.
happy.gif


Need that to regain my sanity on a daily basis. LOL
 
alfafa - dun mind lah - i am staying sengkang.. actually i m having the 44 days confimenet ( which i dun really follow lor....) hahaha.. dunnow whether should meet up or not

mummybean.. dun despair - giving FM does not mean u are a bad mummy.. and thanks for your kind words too... my boy who is 14 months now only takes max 120mls at all the times - still on small bottles... believe me.. heheheh.. unlike the sistas.. so dun worry - sometimes each bb is different - see how much he/she can take at one time - no need force one
 
Hhhheeeellloooooo mummies....

Hope everyone is enjoying this period with your babies

Some words for mummies who THINKS they are a failure.
For 9 mths carrying your baby and you wish baby pop out asap. You controlled your diet during pregnancy, go thru labour pain or stitches from c-sec....enlarged breast ( be It with milk or not you look sexier hehehe) you sing w a crooked voice to baby yet baby loves listening to, you cradle baby and baby slept peacefully w your familiar smell &amp; touch, she watch baby w your gentle look, you feed her with love and care ( bottle or breast both works wonders)....... You worry for baby whenever and whatever not seems usual...you fill your mind with baby every sec &amp; min... You smile to yourself and realized you looked silly... Ultimately.....baby smiles back in response to you... Your heart melts... Although the cries can be unbearable at times... You managed to coax and calm baby like a magical touch... So aren't you a creature make just for baby and a wonderful mother... indeed pat yourself on your back.. Put back the smile and fantastic thoughts and say to yourself... I am the greatest and yes I can do it all.
( this is something I tell myself during the initial part when I was down too. Hope it does lit someone up)

Outings
Yeah.....it does sound exciting... Dunno if i Can I join in too??? Although Town or imm are both fine.. But if it's Mon or tue be great coz wed ugin will be going for his vaccine so dunno will he feel lousy??? Otherwise my place can be an open house too...In pasir panjang road..hehehe

Mummy bean... Welcome to this thread... Everyone here is fantasic.. We help each other out w questions...
 
a final burst before I doze off too

ann,
sorry missed your message jus now. I just arranged with the spree organiser to pick up her things directly from her place tomorrow, time to be fixed later. So that means can't meet you on Sat liao. Hey if you wanna join us next week ... either wed or another day (so Daphne can join us), how about you make it to my place first so I can show you, then we cab over together?

speaking of which, the group is getting bigger and bigger. Maybe we should seriously consider going to someone's house instead. I'm not sure if there is any restaurant that can accomodate so many mommies with newborns on one table. :p

Daphe's place at Pasir Panjang is pretty centralised. I'll be cabbing anyway so it's fine by me
happy.gif


Feedback? If not we'll stick to Paragon and die die make it work lah!

Idaarshad,
go sleep lah! with 4 kids to take care of you must be badly in need of it. ;)

zzzzz now
 
my 4th boy just sleep... now 3rd boy havent leh alfafa.. so trying to lah... u too go sleep/.. catch up again later ok!!!thanks babe
 
i guess i would need to call mdm rokiah tmr to help me clear the ducts..
i keep massaging but still unable to clear it.
painful when i press on it
 
hi mummies,

<font color="ff0000">moomooland,</font>
my ms is slightly better after blocked ducts compared to during blocked ducts. eg, left breast blecked dycts, i cld get only 20ml after 30mins, after blocked ducts cleared, can get 30-40ml.

<font color="ff0000">re. ms after mdm rokiah session</font>
ms didn't increase automatically after her session. my experience is:
after 1st session - ms increase in total by abt 10ml each breast on 4th day
after 2nd session (5 days after 1st) - ms dropped to half of my usual total
after 3rd session (abt a wk after 2nd) - ms back to usual tital on 3rd day

i asked mdm rokiah abt my ms during 3rd session as very worried abt the drop. she asked if i was resting well and taking afternoon naps. turned out i wasn't coz cl left liao and i was busy taking care and doing all the baby stuff eg. feeding, washing myself. took her advice to take afternoon naps together with bb (at least juz lie down together and try latching lying down) and my ms went back to normal level. so i guess our own rest and relax level plays a key role in determining our ms level besides whether we hv blocked ducts or not.

everytime i hv blocked ducts, my ms will drop for the affected breast. trying very hard to prevent blocked ducts now as dun want to over-rely on mdm rokiah and partially to save costs. also started taking a suppl i read on the website that can help prevent blocked ducts - soy based lecithin, not sure if it'll works but basically it's to emulsify the fats in bm so it wun block the ducts so easily. working and hoping hard!

<font color="ff0000">discharge after lochia</font>
just saw my gynae for 6 wks post-natal chkup. he said it's normal to still see some fresh blood discharge fm time to time as long as not alot. i had tat n was worried coz tot lochia ends liao then suddenly see some blood when go toilet. just to share
happy.gif
 
irene,
try latch your bb on more freq n direct his chin/nose direction facing the painful area. oso use hot compress after n before latcing if you can. i'm doing dis for my blocked areas n usually bb can help clear after a day or 2. if really still can't, then i'll get mdm rokiah in. esp if the pain spread to my arms. jia you n sayang dear!
 
re. drypers small size
dun like it. can feel dampness on the surface after bb wear for juz 2 hrs n so full too. worried will cause diaper rash n yeah, the sticky tape is not "friendly" for use plus the sides so tight, it creates red lines on my bb's thighs.

re. huggies ultra small size
haha the cuttings really small but at least the absorbency is better. bb wear for 4 hrs, still ok. jux tat it's so small, bb looks uncomfortable.

left fitti small size sample to try out tom
happy.gif
is using pampers currently hich is so exp but i find it still the best with generous cut.
 
re. gathering
wow you all brave mummies! i dun dare to bring bb out without hubby. dun know how to cope with bb and the diaper bag. all together so bulky and heavy. haha my ergo carrier not put to use yet, i'm so scared of trying it out! haha when i read you mummies planning to meet at paragon, really pei fu you all man! paragon not direct to mrt, still must walk, wonder how you all can do it. anyway, if got any gathering at NE area, i will want to try to join too! hee hopefully near mrt. bb 6w3d liao and only times i bot him out is to pd n my mum's place, with hb hee hee.
 
re. bm storage
trying to latch on bb now whenever i can at home during day/nite and saving bm expressed in freezer to prep for going back to work in jul. so worried then i can't cont bm if still hving blocked ducts prob coz really dun tink will hv time to compress and energy to cope with blocked ducts pain then. hopefully can stored more before ml ends!
 
erm... pasir panjang aint exactly centralised is it... daphne, have landmark? or ur plc near where? a house wld be a better choice of cos in case bb gets cranky then not so difficult to handle if at someone's home as compared to outside la.. heh heh...

cindy - any day is fine with me... next week i dun have any plans yet.. except Thursday itself... other than that, mon-wed is okie... =)

afcai - hai.. she keep asking me hungry until my frn bb cry i also ask her if bb is hungry... LOL! hmmm sometimes she will struggle when i dig her nose sometimes she will let me dig.. i guess its more of how deep i go ba... but i do it fast and of cos must hold her properly... but the feeling when i manage to get the big piece of sai out is damn shiok la... LOL
 
Maybe a list wld be a good idea?

Gathering on Wednesday 29th April 1.30pm - 4pm
Venue: TBC (Paragon / Someone's Home)


ps. if we hold it at someone's home, we can order some food delivery or potluck =P

1. alfafa &amp; Grace
2. Cindy &amp; Trishelle
3. prosper &amp; Kayle
4. Ann &amp; ?
5. Daphne &amp; Ugin
6. missycandy &amp; Kirsten
7. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv

sportyger? mango? Keron&amp;jeris? sung?
 
re. drypers sample
btw, my drypers sample came in a 2-pc pack. still hv 1 pc left. if any mummies want to try it, pls pm me with your address and i'll mail it to you. cheers!
 
haha missycandy, i still dun dare bring bb out on my own. let me try it out one day nearer my plc first :p so worried if he turns cranky how?

nite nite, going back to sleep after pumping and finishing my hsehold chores hee
happy.gif
 
sung, the blocked ducts ate near to the cleavage area.. I'll try to massage it n pump more often today. Zac dun haf the patience to latch on.

Bringing bb out. I hope to join but then wed i got something on in the morning. Need to accompany my uncle to his doc review, not sure wat time will finish.
 
Hehe, Alfafa and moms, I am Okie with paragon or someone's place. If the former, I can grab the chance to do some shopping, if the latter, might be more at home feeling.. Think we will invite stares man... Haha. So many posts after I zzz, Haha. Lazy to surf when she got up at 230 to eat.

Ai, my girl just merlion too after her feed at 530. Alfafa, think almost whole feed too. U bath her even when so late ah? I just changed her clothes, now zzz... I still haven't intro bottle yet, sigh, hope it won't be too late later on, in at most another month. Cause don't wanna pump n will intro Fm slowly to replace day feeds to accustom for gg to work.. Hope she will take to bottle easy man...
 
those mommies going back to workforce, how many times do you all intend to pump at work?

talking about storing ebm in freezer before going back to work, just in case ebm supply drop when go back to work, store how much is enuff? I currently has aroud 30bags of ebm in my freezer and felt that they are taking up too much space
 
Alfafa..yeah I really enjoying the 'conversation's wif my gal, is really cute!
happy.gif

My gal also dun really burp every feed, my hubby is the expert burping her...
BTW, if bring babies out by sling, how to manage when we need to go to toilet?? Haa...:p

Oh so gathering next wed? The timing is good before 4pm.
If is town I can meetup, west area too far liao and u all can go ahead
happy.gif
 
wow this thread is really very active..just so much post after one night...I took sometime to read thru to keep myself updated..

To PigPig -aka Oxgal
*waves*
I also bring my boy to kidslink...but mine is at the jurong side..that day my boy got infected BCG and I went down to get him check..I realise their consultation is very ex..without giving much is $77 ... I think all paeds charge around that price since they are consider specialized..but I dun like the paediatrician..he is not friendly and was hurried to get me out of the room..so in the end I switch his immunization to NUH kidz since my boy is born there...

To alfafa77,
ha..ya...no choice since upgraded of status nickname also must upgrade... =p my boy sometimes can drink 100mls if he is in a 'awake' status..or else he usually drink about 80mls and fall asleep and refuse to let me put the teats back after trying to wake him up by burping..I tink he can drink 100mls just that he is lazy..so my MIL keep on nagging me to make 100mls per feed but he always can't finish when I try feeding him...and he ever merlion on me before when I try feeding more...so I got very scared... so I guess shall let him remain less feeds but more frequently to ensure he is getting enough...

To IDAARSHAD,
hey thanks for the encouragment..was realy very guilty initially when I got the mastitis and blamed myself for it.. I was even admitted during my confinement for it cos my fever was super high..and now am still on breast consultaton follow ups..hai..never know breastfeeding could be so traumatic.. but fortunately there is forum..I came to another non breastfeeding thread to rant my grievances and manage to walk out of it eventually...

To Daphne:
wow ur words really light up my day...and thinking thru all the hard work I been thru to get my little one out... I think u r right..my efforts are all rewarded when I see the smiles on his face and u will not feel silly talking to ur baby in baby language..that is the only time I felt enjoyable and enjoy the communication btwn me and my little miracle... thanks for the enlighting message...it really brightens up my day...
happy.gif
 
Mangogal:

ha..u ask the same question I had been thinking..I was wondering we just hold on to our bb and do business at the same time ?

I tried to bring my bb to nearby shopping mall with pram the other day alone...even with pram I wonder how do I go toilet since the cubicle is so tight and we can't just leave our baby outside..so in the end I just hang on there and quickly rush home for toilet business... and fortunately the mall is nearby my place...
 
miss83, my hubby bought the electric yaolan from this shop at amk central which sells household stuff. It's next to S11 coffeeshop.

Pumpkinseed, think i'll try out the demo avent pump at mim before deciding whether to buy.

afcai, i do latch on sometimes but find that baby does not drain my breasts enuff. Want to maintain or increase supply so am pumping 4-5 times per day as well
 
its my 7th week after giving birth,seems like my period is back...anyone else experiencing the same thing? is it period or lochia? thought breastfeeding mums do not get their period so soon? is it coz i dont do latching on? i express the milk out...hmm
 
Re: gathering

Count me in for the gathering. Actually it would be nice to go someone's place but seems hard to find a centralised place. I am fine with paragon or taka. Mangogal, maybe we can share cab down together if in town?
 
moomoo:: My P is back too n i do exclusive latching lo. It means we are very fertile.
happy.gif


any jurong area wanna share cab for gathering jio me
happy.gif
 
hi mummies, i haven't been back to forum for a long time, hope i m welcomed again!

haven given birth to my boy in late feb (though edd is march) and now managing both my 2.5 yr old girl and 2 month old boy in Seoul. missing singapore very much!

merlion:
read that some babies are merlion here. mine too, when i asked PD about it, she said that the most common cause is overfeeding. this is true for my case. i realise that if i comfort nurse him or feed him when he's not really hungry, he's sure to merlion later, regardless of whether he's burped or not.

burping:
i find it hard to burp my no.1 but with no.2, i find that jiggling helps (recommended by dr. harvey karp's book). put baby on your lap, apply pressure to bb's tummy (not chest) with your hand and jiggle your legs (like shivering). hope that helps!
 
misscandy, I drink annum too but mixed with big scoops of milo so that i puke..hee...

Re gathering, sigh, hubyy dont allow me to go anywghere without him during this few months, so sian... i cant even jog downstairs cos he will ask, how abt baby leh? Then he dont like me to bring baby out alone.. i wish to sneak out to buy bubble tea leh..sigh
 


Cindy
Does having menses back when breastfeeding means we are fertile? Hmm..for #1, my menses oni came back after 1year......

Outing
You gals enjoy...will follow the posts...if can make it, will go &amp; meet you all... =P

Taste &amp; smell of BM
Hmm..havent tasted or smelled warmed up BM b4 (even for #1) &amp; realised tat it's quite smelly...oops~~~ But the babies seem to enjoy it!!! but for those freshly pumped out ones, they smell &amp; taste good!!! =P

Irene,
I'll be pumping at least 2x in the office when i go back. Will be back to office on 1Jun so now am trying to stock up supply in the freezer.
 

Back
Top