(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

scrumpee, i told my hubby abt this crawling contest, he say bb Jo will not crawl within a restricted area, he will crawl everywhere and take other ppl's things! but in the end, he still wan to go..hahaha...so i might b going on Sat evening. how abt u??

Hi Jo's mummy,

I think the polyclinic nurses arrange the jabs so that my boi will still take his last pneumococcal jab in May (14months), MMR in June (15mths) and then the Chicken pox jab can be given anytime from age 1 onwards so i guess it doesn't matter when to give.

according to the nurses, pneumococcal jab can only be given at 2 months intervals. Total 3 jabs.

dun worry abt the MMR myth, personally i don't believe it. If there is any truth in it, don't think the Spore govt will give it to the kids here.

Hi Srumpee,

your description of your pregnancy brought back memories when i was pregnant with hy then. hahaha..enjoy it now and soon bb #2 will be out.;)
take care!

teddy
Neo Garden has mini buffet for 10 pax. 9 courses.
Agree with missy, Orangeclove is nice too!

St
Never heard before. Anyway my boy's taking the last dose. Dun think it makes any diff. Unless ur boy have not take the pneumoccocal jab yet.

scrumpee
Take care yah..

Re : MMR vs autism
dun think it's true... Anyway if I'm giving my boy MMRV, will be 2 doses. Should reduce the impact if there's any rt?!

jo
go sign up n hopefully yr boi can be a winner!!!

srumpee
agreed w wintertime, the faster u deliver, the faster u can close shop... hopefully i can get a '好' n close shop soon... kekeke

wintertime
we've go thru once... faster settle so we can relax a bit when our kid grow older... right?
let's jia you, ok!!!

re: MMR
not sure which one to jab, anyway will consult PD when nearer...

Hihi!

Been really busy at work and my girl sleeps really late at nite nowadays. We experimented a few reasons why she sleep late and concluded that it is cos our home is a "new" playground when we bring her home at nite.. so she needs time to explore the "playground". If we fetch her before 8, she sleeps at 10+. If we fetch her ard 9, she sleeps at 11+. Yesterday nite, she have not slept at 12+, me dying to sleep liao lor.. so jia lat.. sign... really wish we could fetch her back earlier. Weekends not a problem if we come back late, cos she had explored her playground sufficiently for the day, so can go sleep liao...

Re: Fishy Smell

There was a recipe i looked at a while ago. Poach the fish in a pan of fresh milk. The recipe was for salmon, i tried and really no fishy smell from the salmon. Not sure if this works for other type of fish

wintertime & sun - THANKS! with all ur support, i think i will sure bring bb Jo to have fun!

sunshine-thanks for the email! received the bb's clinic add & contact. ya, did u bring ur boy to any of the playgroup in AMK Hub. tot of wan bring bb Jo to try..for every Sat morning mayb for abt 1-2hrs..any idea? wat u mean by hopefully can get a 好 n close shop? is it a boy n a girl??

wintertime,

me too... been postponing TTC. Is not about going through everything again.. more of i heartpain my gal no more 100% attention from us plus.. wonder how to cope with a toddler and a new baby. Haiz... But i still planning for bb in 2011. Hope my wish comes true and have one in the last quarter of 2011.

Asura, i heard of this method before for the fishy smell!!but i didnt tried..bcos forgot..hahah..lucky u remind me!!

piggy, hug hug to ur boy..hope he can grow out of the eczema phase very soon! so now he is using those non-soap bb shower?heard my fren say cannot put the baby powder to bb if they hav rashes wor..better to put aloe vera gel..then hor must always make sure he drinks a lot water, make sure de surroundings is cool, always hav the fan on..always clean him with damp cloth..

after bb Jo hav had rashes, i know how they suffer from rashes..even we adults when hav rashes also beh tahan not to say our LO..

All mummies trying for no.2 or no.3 Jia you!

Jo's mummy, still not confirm whether going to the crawling contest or not. Will check with hubby again. But I am sure it will be fun.

Just to check, most of the Mar babies can pick up food and eat it themselves? My boy doesn't leh, I tried to make him do it, he will pick up and throw away, never put into his mouth. Don't know if he is lazy or slow in this development. And he doesn't know how to speak yet, just blabber, doesn't point at things too. Other than these, the rest of the development are fine. He can crawl damn fast, and walk more than 15 steps each time.

Scrumpee,

bb Jo can pick up the food and eat, sometimes he will push the food out with his tongue and play with the food..he can also tear the bread n put it into his mouth..for ur case i think he is lazy lar..and he is not glutton so will not put the food into his mouth..

bb Jo also not speaking yet..only yelling at ppl, scream, ee aa, mum mum, ah ma..so its the same as ur boy...furthermore, my boy havnt started walking yet..he like phobia to the floor..once we put him in standing position, he will start crying to tell us he don wan to walk, then will sit down and crawl to other place..no matter how we tried, give him his biscuits, juice, our food, he wont walk..he walk for 1-2 steps he will sit down..headache..

Looking forward to this Sat! Can't hang around after the play session though.
Mad week at work, madder next week because DH will be away all week and my mum is not feeling well so this one woman show will be running at full capacity. Yikes!

Jo's mummy
my boy is a glutton leh..u know how heavy is he? last weigh was 11.7kg leh. He wants us to feed him but doesn't seem to know that he can actually pick up the food and eat it by himself. He eats and drink fast. Can finish a bowl of porridge in 10mins and milk in a min.

my boy is also like yours when he first started walking, maybe you try holding his hands?

P.seed,

Wow! That's a real challenge! Dont worry! You would be able to overcome the challenges..
happy.gif

Jo, thanks, I realy hope so! Yes, he is using Cetaphil to bath (non-soap), baby herb powder for him. Is bb Jo fully recover from rashes ? hug hug Jo, good boy !

Srumpee,
Wow ! your boy can walk 15 steps ! My boy is like bb Jo don't like to walk. The most he walks 4 steps than continue crawling, lazy boy !

Piggy, thanks! bb Jo already fully recovered. so happy to c his clean face! hahah.. im also considering to use non-soap shower for bb..think its better choice.. will keep a look at it at Expo bb fair...

p.seed, jia you!

scrumpee, mayb u try to hold his hand to pick up de food then feed it into his mouth..mayb it works!

Jo, I'm using Cetaphil recommended by doctor. I'm still considering whether to go to Expo Fair.
Saw TODAY today that there is Curious Thots are Suntec (outside Carrefour)this sat., thinking bring Ryker there to play & take part the cutiest baby contest(for fun).

my fren just brought her 18 month old son for MMR jab this morning at polyclinic, she said is FOC...so will u all go to polyclinic or PD for jab?

I also intend to delay till 20month old, I stil hv nt intro egg yolk

wah scrumpee, hé's a super walker 15 steps! Kee only takes 4-5 steps unassisted, with the FP push walker then ok, can go on walking whole day long.

Jus went to Taka fair, really nothing much, just bought a few boxes of Pigeon biscuits and a Combi scissors & spoon box.

Pseed, u're a supermum! Jia You!!

Enjoy the GYmboree this sunday everyone
happy.gif

minnie24
my boy took the jab liao but PD still ask me to wait for the last jab since it's the booster.

Curious Thots
yup it's at suntec from fri to sun they are doing up the area now

Are we supposed to bring our babies for <font color="0000ff">hearing test</font> at 9mth old? If so, done at Polyclinic is it?
I felt my PDs quite lax on development assessment; anyhow tick on the healthbook; didn't even ask me those questions in the book before tick pass. Haiz... anybody know can we redo development assessment at Polyclinic? How much $?

Diphtheria was made compulsory in 1977. Measles vaccination was introduced from Oct 1976 and made compulsory in August 1985 for children ages 1-2years.

Only diphtheria and measles immunisations are compulsory by law.
I used to have a PD telling us "...it is not compulsory... parents are educated enough to read up and decide yourself...". So pissed off when we heard that.

Asked 2 PD before about MMR - Autism, but I guess all Dr will said no relation. I'm considering Measles vaccine only or 3 individual vaccine instead of 1 MMR. My worry is no MMR, dunno can get the "Certificate of Vaccination" for Primary 1 enrolment? Hmm...

Vaccines, like any medicine, may have some side effects or allergy reaction. A decision not to immunise a child also involves risk.

Hi idlecat,

When i brought my son for his first jab, they did the development and hearing test for free.
Didn't charge me anything. My PD also doesn't do any of these for us even though we didn't opt for the hearing test after birth.
That's why i think polyclinic is better.

Piggy and starflower
my boy's 15 steps are small steps lah. He used to sit on walkers, not sure if that helps with his walking. But he's like your kids about 3 weeks ago, walk few steps will give up and choose to crawl instead.

Jo's mummy
my boy hates people to hold his hands. We tried holding his hand to pick food, he resisted. He also hated it when we hold his hands to teach him how to clap, or gesture gong xi gong si, he will swing his hands behind him and refuse to let us touch his hands. That's why till now, he is still not clapping his hands

mangogal
yup, polyclinic MMR jab is FOC. I will be bringing my gal go there 4 e jab lor. Unless those jabs need 2 pay cash n e amt is ard e same for PD and polyclinic, then i would opt for PD.

idlecat
i did a hearing test for my gal in e hospital after birth. tink cost $50+ ba. cant remember exactly. do i still need 2 do hearing test now again?

p.seed
u can do it!!! super mummy!!!

srumpee
my boy oso dun like us to hold his fingers when pointing out things to him... instead he'll grab our fingers to point it... buay tan han...

starflower
the gathering at gymboree is on sat la... ^_^
so sad tat u can't join us... nvm, will see u n keenan 2 wks later @ hillview
3743070.gif

sharlin
i didn't do any hearing test for my boi as my hb not keen at tat time... wondering need to do for my boi now?? he can response when we call him so can assume his hearing is fine???

Hearing test
I did the hearing test when he was born at TMC, both his ears failed. Can imagine how scared I am. The nurse then asked me to bring him back for a 2nd test one month later. Luckily he passed on his 2nd test.

idlecat,
re hearing test, I think you can request your PD to perform hearing test on your girl at next check up? I remembered when Vera was abt 3 mths old, we noticed she didn't seem to response to the sounds we made so we a bit worried. We told our PD and requested her to do a check on Vera's hearing and she did. So a lot of time we as parents have to remind our PD to check loh.

Re MMR - Austism
We asked my PD, she also said these 2 have no relation.

Thanks strawberry.

Hi Sharlin, lizy
mine did hearing test at hospital after birth. And PD also test her hearing before. I'm just wondering whether need to do again as somewhere in the healthbook show hearing test at 9mth?

Hi scrumpee,
my gal also doesn't like us to hold her hand. Patience... I managed to teach her self-feeding. Start with baby biscuits. Sometimes have to demo to baby how to pick food and put inside the mouth. The first few times have to by force hold her hand to bring the food to her mouth. Once she understand it's food, she will start to learn using hands. For clapping, she also doesn't let us hold her hands and clap. We try to demo clapping whenever we praise her. Nowaday she will clap when she is happy.

lizy, u got yr photo?

Hi miss83,
I bought baby birthday cake at Prima Deli. They also sell cupcakes.

I also read from cookbook not to cook meat together for porridge. So, I follow my mum's method, use a small rice cooker to cook plain porridge, using the steam tray that come with the cooker to steam a plate of threadfin while cooking the porridge. After steaming, the plate will contain juicy water which later I'll mash the fish and add both into the porridge. Tasty... Cooking takes ~25min and then will set cooker to keep warm function for consumption (for lunch &amp; dinner) later.

BTW mummies, when do you plan to introduce steam rice? How? will tots know how to chew without molar teeth?

oh regarding steam rice, I already started to let Vera eat it. She doesn't have molar teeth yet so she's using her front teeth to chew.

miss83
I ordered my boy's birthday cake from Pine garden, agar agar cake and cookies from Aunty Yochana. You should check out Aunty Yochana's website, her cakes makes me drool and so pretty. She also do very pretty cupcakes. I think many mummies here patronise her. Just email your enquiry to her, she replies very fast.

Here's the link to her website
http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/

miss83,
I ordered from ecreative. The cake is soft but I don't like the cream, too fattening &amp; the colour stain on our hand when we accidentally touch it. my boy hand oso have the colour stain (green) when he touch the cake. Which means they use strong colouring

Hi scumpee
we face the same prob. My boy also like yrs. He refused to put food into his mouth using his own hands. He loves to eat and will only pull our hands towards him if we are holding the food. When he has food in his hand, he will throw away, carrrying a 'yucks' look on his face. Have been teaching and showing him since a few mths back. Haiz. We now call him 'tai zi' - prince.

Jo,
I can't remember which page as i borrow from colleague to browse thru'

At first my boy oso don't like to clap hands, what we do is keep demo by praising him. So now, he enjoy clapping when he saw us claps. Also, we teach him how to clean the mouth using tissue/hanky, but he only know how to clean our mouth not his...hahaha

sunshinebaby
tat time i did it caused the pd asked then my hubby said just do it 2 ensure it's fine lor. actually i find it's not really necessary lor. if ur boi can response etc, dnt find tat it's necessary 2 take e test. maybe when u bring ur boi go c pd, can check wit e pd. last time our parents also didnt do such test 4 us too. but we still fine till now. hehe

Idlecat
just like me lor. i also dnt know now still need 2 take any more hearing test. maybe when i bring janelle go 4 her jab pneumo jab, i will check wit e nurse there. If need, maybe just get e doc in polyclinic 2 conduct e check. if not, i will bring her to her PD.

Wow Kee broke record today, he took 1 hour to finish his meal! Little fella's keeping all the food on his mouth and 'kam' so long, even put bovril so it might be tastier, oh dear......

Hearing test..

I did it for Bree at TMC as well.. yep.. same as Scrumpee.. her left ear failed the test and we had to go back 6 weeks later to re do it again

Back