(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

anyone like to carry ur bb in upright position?
talking about leg development due to carrier..
I notice when I carry my boy upright, even without the carrier, the legs also spreaded out..now worried if this is not good also..

mummies
is there anymore gatherings? actually,I'd like to join..but til now I'm still worried to bring bb out alone..coz my bb doesnt easily sleep outside..i must walk around to make him sleep..if i go to any of ur lunch or dinner which requires sitting..i'm not sure bb will be able to sleep..and I'm vr particular about his sleeping hours..because lack of naps really drives him cranky at night..
how do u all manage to go out with bb?
I also wonder if it's ok to bring bb out past his bedtime..wouldn't he be even crankier?

alfafa,

grow only 4 mth after shaving? oh gosh! okok... shall just bring her for a good haircut. at least from front she looks ok now.

miss83 - try not to bring bb out at night after naptime. they usually get really cranky. kirsten is a classic example. so if need be, bring bb out whole day also can. but be home by bedtime.
happy.gif

wow.. so happening ah.. very long never log in le..
so many gatherings! haha.. hope to join in again
happy.gif

bb is driving me nuts these few weeks.. she's so attached to me now that once i'm out of her sight, she'll start crying and screaming her head off! sighz..
any mummies have this problem? i can't even go to work without worrying.

my mil will say she keep crying when she's looking after her when i'm not around.. bring to coffee shop and see other aunties play with her also cry..

sigh.. help! any mummies have any suggestions on how to deal with this prob??

*pulling hair* ugh

miss83,

Thanks.. Nice meeting u too! U look very young and cute.. dun look like a mummy at all! Think next wed, got dim sum lunch.. wan to come along? U should try once and it will get easier as it goes along.. but like missycandy says, try not to bring out at night after his bedtime

idlecat, alfafa
Aiyah, Im the mommy who bought leg warmers from BP and kena "chop". Very bad quality and cost me $20! Damn! I think the ones from mothercare is much better

BTW, who's organising the dim sum lunch? Is it queenie huh? Can put on KIV list?

Im starting work on Monday! Feeling so lousy although its the weekend.. Hopefully me n bb can ride this period smoothly..

jojo

thanks for the suggestion!
happy.gif
i did give my mil a t shirt of mine but seems bb needs to physically see me not just the smell! if not, she'll cry and scream consistently for 2 hours until she tired herself out!

sigh.. really dunno wat to do..

jasmin,
that's great. Will FB msg you my cellphone no. See you on Mon!

Before that though, I promise you some pics to show you how the stroller strap thingy is supposed to look like. I really should call it a ribbon collar + mini ribbon strap holder. Err ... sounds chim hor. Better to see pics.

See pics of your hubby's custom order + pics of my latest sewing workshop here!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3086172&id=763003011&saved#/home.php?ref=home

Next Wed's workshop is the LAST time I am charging $30 a head incl. of materials (not premium range of fabrics tho) liao. Instead of 3 hr it became 6 hours! Alamak. Must set boundaries next time as all our lovely mommies were so determined to give their best for their baby that they wanted to do everything - add baby initial applique, add ribbon taggies, plus make a much bigger dog than the original pattern. So end up cannot finish, needed to da-bao home to do. Only baby dreams completed. She's the only one there who knew how to use sewing machine mah. hehehe

pumpkin,
no leh didnt receive anything from you on FB or gmail. Can you re-send?

Quan_Gie,
you have mail!

Jojo,
starting work already? Will be tough. Very tough. *sayang sayang baby Eddric*. No choice lah. Just grit your teeth and bear with it for a couple of weeks and soon you will find your momentum back. The beginning is always tough.

Wah lao everyone going for wed lunch I also feel "itchy mouth" liao.

alfafa
no worries.. i m to apologise at first.. din manage to go over.. will make up a time wif u either on 29th or later..

wah you are still awake too? I am cutting fabrics. *yawns* wonder if all artists suffer from a lack of sleep.

Actually I won't be able to talk to you at all during class man. Very busy one.

Where do you stay btw? I come to your place next week? Or if you like, coffee on me outside?
happy.gif

ivy,
oh yes yes befre I forgot. I am actually corresponding with the exact same label fellow you recommended. Theirs is the cheapest but their shipping fee the highest! from HK somemore. Tried asking them if they could adjust the fee they said cannot. So I think I will have to look for someone else liao. thanks for helping me look. *muak muak muak*

Donroxx,
yes yes, will snail mail you the scotty dog for sure. Mail me your addy?

u r right.. being artists or designers normally no life one.. when on rushing projects, normally dun have much rest one.. my highest record is only sleeping for 5hrs in 3 days.. just to meet unreasonable deadline by ridiculous client.. T.T

staying at bedok south road.. coffee is good for me as well.. let me know again.. =)

somewhere near you. Is East Cost near you? How about the old Big Splash? Old Town cafe on weekday should be quite quiet. There is starbucks too.
happy.gif
)

Very quiet and nice place. Tue say ahh ... 1.30pm? As long as not Wed I'm fine.

Wah biang 5 hours in 3 days. You must have worked for a very good agency. In house designers are mostly very seng-nang one.

hmmm.. think gotta be after wed liao.. maybe friday? will sms u again..?

ya.. design agency is like tat one.. hahaha.. anyway tatz the past liao.. tatz y i choose to be sahm becoz i noe i will have no time for my bb if i carry on with my job.. dunnoe how to fit both in my life at the same time..

tatz y if i am to come back into the workforce i may wanna change career liao.. my piority is Ziv liao.. hehehe

Alfafa
do join in for the lunch. Mayb u start the class at 2 or 2.30 pm? Think I can help out a bit as me not bring princess n I know how to use the sewing machine. So think me need minimal guidance
happy.gif
. Just a bit rusty though. Btw if I decided to use the premium fabric you just charge me additional can?

Jojo
me organising. But can't find the list leh. Anyway i made reservation for 16 so should have enough. Come join as wed is last day of the one for one promo. Talking abt it .. Now craving for the spicy wanton n fish congee

Dim sum lunch - 29 jul 12noon

1. Annmelody
2. Queenie
3. Pinkdemoness
4. Tuskywoolie
5. Prosper
6. Hobo
7. Starflower
8. Daphne
9. Jtho
10. Lemontea/pei
11. Jojo

Who else? Above list redo based on memory. So please do update if I miss out yr name. Thanks !

cannot take it. Need to Zzzz liao. Just finished 75% of the next order after Jasho's.

jiat lard. If I continue like this I sure age very fast one.

Tusky,
my bad. I didn't make myself clear. My ex colleague already hgave birth and her son is coming to 8mth old now. We were the only two preggies in the company; she was almost 4 mths ahead of me. She chose to stay in the company whereas I left. Yah the money is damn good and it's hard to let go ... somemore they are looking to buy property now. BUT like you, personally I would rather walk away. Property can always wait. How to live a life like that? So miserable all the time? Not worth it. I have come to the stage in life when I realise that money is not everything. Family is more important.

Ann,
tempting leh.

But though the class is supposed to be 3hrs only, I am dead sure the class would over run one. 2pm is the latest I think. Hmm ... let me check with the rest first.

Pepper,
yah same. If I go back to workforce I will switch from hunter sales to maybe account management. Less stress. Well, at least don't have to whole day canvass for sales.

going to zzz now. Good night all.

Good morning mummmies!

Alfafa.. i finished the dog yesterday but think i pulled the stitches too tight cos some parts are "wavey". but the most impt thing is baby likes it yeappie! brought it out for a shopping trip n it doubled up as a "glam bolster" haha

hazel,

HK arh? let me noe if they cant send cheap to HK local address then we send ourselves to SG...i shld b able to help on that part....

ann,
i try to rch there 1130.
PM u my hp later.

alfafa,
do join us la, i m ok to start like 2 or 2.30pm.
m going to the class alone, so no worries.
maybe we will go off tog when we finish our DS?
as for sewing machine, at most ask Ann to help lor.. keke

Hi Sung

Ive read your post and i also have the tot of becoming a SAHM like most over here as i am very attached to my bb. i have the constant tot that only i can give the best care for my child.
Told my hubby abt it and he rejected me nicely abt being a SAHM as we have to pay for our house, reno loan..bills..etc.
It was very tough cos' i am also not very happy at work. But sometimes reality is such, i know have to face it head on and doesn't want my hubby to resent me. Then i had a home crisis...and had to change the caregiver recently from my mom to a relative that im not familiar with..
It was all very stressful for me...but it seems like my bb is taking it better than me.

anyways, I hope things are better for you now
happy.gif

Hi alfafa77,

Just went to your link in facebook and saw your E-shop pics..WOW!
I really like the giraffe and scotty dog toy. all nicely done. The fabrics looks fantastic.Hope to join your classes soon.

My son has a rabbit toy (hijacked by me already:p) bought by my sister from BK Jim thompson which also makes fabric toys like yours.
I shall post a pic here or in my son's blog when im free.

Sung, hope ur tummy is feeling better now
happy.gif

Well as above all mummies suggest, do stay at ur job for the meantime while the economy is better or ur husband job is more stable, well if you are really too attchch to ur baby, maybe can consider working part time as the last resort
happy.gif

Do work out ur family finances base on single income, that is what we do and usually there will be access savings for us
happy.gif

Cheer up babe!

Dim sum lunch - 29 jul 12noon

1. Annmelody
2. Queenie
3. Pinkdemoness
4. Tuskywoolie
5. Prosper
6. Hobo
7. Starflower
8. Daphne
9. Jtho
10. Lemontea/pei
11. Jojo
12. Mangogal (Gt to leave by 1:15pm to office)

<font color="119911">Jojo,
wow so fast u r gg back to work liaoz. we were toking abt it few wks back n nw tmr is the time! gd luck to ur 1st day at work.

hazel,
i was at a fair last wk n one of the suppliers is selling ribbon. the ribbons r all so sweet n nice. i took a brochure for u, will pass to u the next time we meet.</font>

Occasion ~ 6mths Babies Bash
Venue ~ Bishan Loft Function Room (Seabreeze)
Date ~ 5th Sept 09
Time ~ 1230pm onwards
Food ~ Catering from Am Chef (Thai Cuisine)
Cost(per pax) ~ $12 (TBC) - pls bring cash to pay upon registration (saves hassle of tt-ing)
Programme ~ TBC (working out stuff with sponsors &amp; sellers =P )

Note
~ Mummies who are driving, kindly volunteer to bring along playmat for our babies to lie on. Thanks! (Seabreeze / Scrumpee)

~ Kindly let me know names of your babies &amp; if HB coming as well.

~ if u have decided to move yourself frm confirmed to KIV list or vice versa, pls pm me.
for those who wish to add on, kindly PM me... im not online 24/7 sometimes thread moves tad fast.. though i do scroll back to read, wld prefer you to pm me with contact as well
thanks!

Baby Food
~ Mummies keen to buy from www.healthytimes.sg kindly pm me(missycandy) your orders. Will ask them to deliver to us during the 6mth bash.
If we can collate more than $250 worth of orders, will be entitled to 15% off. Kindly refer to web for items available. (deadline by 20th August 09

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nicks</TD><TD>Babies Names</TD><TD>HB</TD><TD>Others </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>missycandy</TD><TD>Kirsten</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>asura</TD><TD>Charlene</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>alfafa</TD><TD>Grace</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>daphne kang</TD><TD>Ugin</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>starflower</TD><TD>Keenan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>jtho</TD><TD>Olivier</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>minnie24</TD><TD>Andrique</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>cindy</TD><TD>Trishelle</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>lenny</TD><TD>Brianne</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>p3pp3r</TD><TD>Ziv</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>sportyger</TD><TD>Marissa Ann</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>seabreeze</TD><TD>Shao Han</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Pei</TD><TD>Mikaela</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Jo(mickeymummy)</TD><TD>Eddric</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>HoHo</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>sun96</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Keron&amp;Jeris</TD><TD>Kayla</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Ida</TD><TD>Akmal Rizqin</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Annmelody</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Kris</TD><TD>Kerryn</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>babe(kazooie)</TD><TD>Shayna</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>prosper</TD><TD>Kayle</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>scrumpee</TD><TD>Eames</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>yiyi123</TD><TD>Isaac</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>lingmama</TD><TD>Destinee</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>babydreams</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>pinksorbet</TD><TD>Kyan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>queenie</TD><TD>tristan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>janbebe</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KIV List</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>pumpkinseed</TD><TD>Alaia</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>vivienpg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>princessindreamland</TD><TD>Ian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>sassybaby</TD><TD>Ryken</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>pinkdemoness</TD><TD>Elixir</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Irene06</TD><TD>Zac</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>jaszho</TD><TD>Javen</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>vernice</TD><TD>Joel</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>jasminenbc</TD><TD>Ethan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>sung</TD><TD>Ethan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>fatfish</TD><TD>Cadence</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>mangogal</TD><TD>Caroline</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>babywee</TD><TD>Eugene</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>corene</TD><TD>Elijah</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>blurjen</TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>agneschew</TD><TD>Clayton</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>devil</TD><TD>Charlotte</TD><TD>No</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi mummies
So long have not log in here le.
How are all of u all doing?
Cann check if any of the mummies here come menses le? For the first time issit alot hehe.

Alfafa
Saw your workshop things so nice I saw u were saying u will be holding another one in 29july.Is it the last class cos this date I cant le.If next time have can inform me.I bought a taggie at $30 for my girl abit regret when I saw ur class .$30 I can do it with my love I think it will be much difference.hehe

Kat,

I know what you mean, Brianne will scream her head off if i am out of her sight. i have to keep talking to her while i was away for a while like going to the kitchen etc.. even though my mum or hubby is carrying her

hazel,

Come come join us on wed for dim sum lah!! So many pp, will be loads of fun! Saw on your FB pics that Rose (apr mom) went to your sweing workshop. Looked like you guys had loads of fun!! Oh, if you come, can you bring your Avene spray? Hee hee hee...

Kat,

Oh dear. BB now reaching stage where they start becoming very attached, esp if it's been mum looking after her 24/7 all this while and then suddenly give her to other people to look after. Do you play peekaboo with her? IT helps them understand that not see =/= not there. Think they will eventually outgrow it - some much longer than others, but have to keep instilling that idea into them. Maybe try to let her get used to other caregivers with you in her sight at home all the time and then play peekaboo with her at the same time. Good luck!

asura,

think depends on the bb lah. some bb's who have naturally thick head of hair will grow it back faster. but i think girl shave head not nice anyway. unless u want comments that she looks like GI Jane. heehee

Hi ladies,

My hubby is going to run a talk about financial planning on 8th August, next saturday. The talk will emphasize on children's education planning and hospitalisation plans. On top of this, there will be aalso be a talk on will writing. I spoke to my hubby and he has agreed to give March/April mummies FREE finanical analysis and a promotional rate if you sign up to write a will. There's also a door gift for all parents who come for the talk.

Ok, I know some of you may resist the idea of financial products but honestly, I feel this talk is very informational especially the will writing part. Not that he is my hubby, that's y I say it's good. Anyway, it's only an hour talk. We can make it a mini gathering if we want to, provided there are enough of us gg for the talk.

If anyone is interested, just start off the list.

Lenny,

that's right! aiyo.. even i talk to her also no use.. keep crying.. i go shower also cannot leh.. sigh.. haha.. kenna imprisoned by my LO..

dunno if there's any other way to make her not so attached to me as i need to work. can't based on my hubby's income. very tight! hopefully with frequent trips to my mil's place, she'll recognise them and their place better.

Fireangel

That's a great idea! Hmm. cuz i'm living with hubby and bb only. My mil has her own place. So now i try to bring her over often and let my mil carry her while i do other stuff. occasionally will just pop by to say hello or play with her. hopefully it helps in the long run.

So far, no effects yet. still crying.. sigh.. think will be a long drawn out affair.. thanks thanks for the tip!
happy.gif

missycandy
ya..thats why..i tried once and he got super cranky!! but so envy my friend..she bring bb out mostly at night and bb can just sleep anywhere so when she reach home, just put bb on her crib..

jojo
u got FB? havent got the chance to see ur bb
happy.gif

u too look young and pretty..me? i'm already 26 this yr..not so young anymore lah..my friend has bb when she was 20!!

re:bb attached to mummy
how old they are starting to be this so clingy with us? my boy just turned 4 months..so far ok..just now i let so many ppl in church carry him..

miss83 - i think once they start becoming aware of the environment and all that, they wil start to get clingy.. which cld be soon for u... kirsten isnt that clingy... b4 she hit 4mths, she can be carried by anyone as well... if i bring her out to meet frns, she can laugh n play... but past 2wks, she has becoming cranky when outside... suddenly cry... then nt so willing to let ppl carry le... think u r one of the younger mummies in this thread... other than queenie... lol... quite a number of the mummies are 30 and above... =P

scrumpee - i havent received ur pm. hee hee.. anyway, jus a note, if orders do not hit $250, there will be no discount... so u have to let me knw if u still want to go ahead with ur orders or not... so far the only other person who has placed order is seabreeze =P

lenny ...

thanks for your info ... I went to buy the bumbo for Shao Han as well ... he looks like he enjoys it cos he look around and keep smiling heehee

can use that to flash flashcards to him le!!

Misscandy
U didn't receive? I tried again. U check k?

Ummm...if we can't hit $250 by 9 Aug, can let me know? then I will drop my order.

Thanks much

Anybody interested to join me for a traditional Lulur spa treatment tomorrow at TrueSpa (Takashimaya)? Includes FOC Goat's milk Hydrobath (RP$92), only $30 for both...juz PM me :p

Back