(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

halo mummies!!! long time no see!!!
dun noe u all still remember me anot... haha...

lili: congratz!!! when is ur due date?

Mummies,
need some advise on toilet training... any mummies toilet train ur toddler oredi?
me wish to start but dun noe how to... thanks!!!

haydensmom:
hey welcome back! long time no see! how are u doing?

toilet training:
me still no luck yet. little terror is now in her "NO!!!" mode. everything also dun wan. only wan to choose to do things she wan to do. I got problem even trying to get her bathe or change clothes. put her on potty got rejected. Make her go commando style (without diaper) she'll bring us her diaper and insist that we put on. *helpless*

SY:
thinking of bring the little terror to Zoo or birdpark or to organic farm in LCK on her actual birthday if the weather permits. otherwise will just bring her to an indoor playground which she'd never been before to let her explore new places. the weather these days are quite unpredictable!

lonerunner,
im fine!!! just tat now expecting number 2...

mine oso in her no mood... the onli thing yes is to watch barney show... now take ages to change her diaper... tried once to let her sit on the toilet bowl with the kids cover seat... she cried so loud the moment we put her to sit on it... my god...
now onli wish tat she can be toilet trained before i pop my no 2... if not tink can see my pocket 1 big hole just buying the diaper alone... haha...

2nd birthday:
actually wish to have a chalet for her... cos 1st birthday we didnt celebrate big...
but hubby said waste money cos we didnt plan to stay there as our house is quite near the chalet...
now got to re-tink again... sianz...

Congrats haydensmum!!

Wow all thinking bout birthday party already huh.
Was thinking do something small but when attending party last weekend, observed her understanding the process more than before so kind of want her to enjoy the party atmosphere.

Maybe I'll just have a cake sent to childcare n have mini party there. Then don't need to do cleanup haha.

Whose kid is potty trained? Hands up please! Need some tips. Mine blatantly refuses to sit on potty even though I try to lead by example. She instead tells me 'I want pee in the diaper'. Then she'll come up to me n tell me right after she's done a pee or poop.

haydensmum,

congrats once again! did u try using the potty wherein hayden can go to it and sit on it herself?

p.seed, haydensmum and lonerunner,

i dont know if mine are considered tips but i did not initiate the potty training but waited for naomi to take the lead. she started to hold her urine at night and not pee until she wakes up in the morning. at that time she was 15 mths old and i asked pd if i shd start potty training but pd told me to hold it and let her take the lead. so i took her advise. then weeks passed and she started removing her diapers each time she peed and wanted a change. she doesnt want to wear a wet diaper. the diapers were quite wasted then because i had to throw the diaper after 1 pee. so i started letting her go diaperless in the day by using training pants.i told her that she doesnt have diapers on anymore and ask her every hour if she needs to pee and then lead her to the potty. i made a very big hoo ha whenever she has pee in the potty..i would jump and clap and rejoice yehey when she stood up with pee inside. i made her feeling very proud for peeing in the potty and made her pull daddy to the potty to show off her pee. so now whenever daddy is at home, she will show off her pee in the potty. another thing is that i placed her potty next to our toilet bowl. at the initial phase, i would sit together on the toilet bowl while she sits on the potty. if she has pee, she will pee. sometimes she doesnt have pee she would also make the shhhh sound to imitate my peeing. after peeing, she will remove her insert and pour the urine into the toilet bowl and she'll cover her potty seat. there are times when we are outside where she doesnt have diapers on, i would tell her to hold her urine until we get to a toilet and it helps to be conscious with her urination.

actually for a start, allow her to "like" the potty because it can be quite scary for them. before naomi showed signs of readiness, i placed the potty in her toy area and let her play with it by riding and sitting on it like a toy. by the time shes ready, she was happy to sit on the potty. after then, you can start off letting her go diaperless and explain to her that she doesnt have diapers on. if she pees, her panty/clothes and floor will get wet. at the same time, bring her to the potty every now and then and let her get the hang of peeing into it (they need to voluntarily release their muscles to pee so they need some practice here even going there automatically to pee). when she is happy with the potty, able to pee readily when on the potty, then can tell her to inform u that she needs to pee. sorry for the long post but hope it helps
happy.gif

Sandy, what you say makes sense. Guess I am impatient for her to stop wearing diapers cos she has had recurring diaper rash in the last few months. After moving to playgroup from infant care, they don't change her diaper often enough.
Will encourage her to remove diaper when she lets me know and do some explanation as mentioned above. The day that she does a proper wee in the potty, I'll be jumping for joy

sandy,

i didnt buy the potty, but my fren gave me a the kids cover seat so i use tat instead... hayden noe how to tell me when she poo but not pee... so far now she still pee at night when she sleep so does tat mean she still not really yet? tink becos she still drink milk at nite before she sleep...
maybe should go n buy the potty oredi... cos i scare next time she onli wan to sit on the potty to pee so wanted her to use the kids cover seat to pee instead...

thanks p.seed and sandy...

p.seed,
tats y... cos tinking tat hayden might be able to enjoy more during party so tinking of doing something big... now still a big headache of wat to do for her cos hubby dun wan chalet... cant tink of a big place to hold the party...
sad.gif

Haydensmom,

still peeing at night does not necessarily mean that she is not ready yet but if in the day, she can be dry for quite awhile, say for an hour or 2 or even 2.5 hours, it also shows that she can already start holding her urine. you can look out for other signs of readiness like knowing that shes wet and she wants a change of diapers, able to pull down pants and sit steadily on potty. you can take a look at this checklist of readiness to have a clearer idea. http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-readiness-checklist_4384.bc

haydensmon, congratulations!

long din login cos busy with so many things: house moving, prepare my girl for pre-nursery, everything!

toilet trained:
my ger is full toilet trained. actually it was by chance... thanks to iPhone4! hahaha. no more diapers since oct even when we go out. she knows how to use the child toilet seat at the shopping centre. whenever she wants to, she'll say 'pee pee' or 'poo poo'. at night, i'll still let her wear diapers but most of the times dry diaper.

toilet trained (cont'):
b4 iPhone, i tried many ways to toilet train her such as wearing training pants, naked. initally she peed everywhere... it took me abt 2 mths to toilet trained and one fine day by chance using iPhone 4 to distract her attention and she pee in the potty. like wat sandy did, i made it a very big 'deal'. praised her. i brought my maid, mil, HB to look at the potty and all of us clap hands!! hahaha... she was so happy... since then she started using potty.

thanks deedee,
congratz!!! so good fully toilet trained oredi...
anyway tink i stock up too many diapers oredi... still have abt 10 packs of diaper... so maybe let her finish the diaper den toilet train ba... haha...

Hi,

I need to seek advice from mummies who sent their tots to pre-nursery. my duaghter is EXTREMELY attached to me. ive enrolled her to half day school begin next Mon and was told to leave her cry alone till they self-settled. I really worry it will have adverse effect. i brought her for 2 trials and sneaked out classroom when she was attending to lesson. Few minutes later I came back to check and she was crying badly.

should i stay behind the door the first few days and reassure her that mommy is here just behind the door or what? i know she is going to FREAK OUT as she never been in daycare or anything by her own w/o me/dad/maid. what do i do?

Did you accompany your tots in school on their 1st few days? or just drop/leave and let them cry till they self-settled?

Please help.

deedee,

tink u need to stay wif her for maybe a few days until she is familiar wif the environment...
u can check wif the school if u can stand in one corner so that she can play n see u at the same time...
tink after a few days when she noe her classmate oredi... she might not even notice u r not there... haha...

potty training
to tag on to wat sandy has shared, i used tis method... http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc

very close to sandy's method and it works! hehe, am happy tat my gal now poos and pees in e potty/toilet seat...

however, i still let her wear diapers at naptime and nite... sometimes, e naptime diaper will remain dry... but e nite 1 always wet... think cos it's too long a duration liao, close to 12 hrs...

Hi Haydensmom,

From my personal experience, it is better to accompany ur gal for a few days before letting go so that she will not have phobia for school. Once she gets more familiar with the teacher, the place or friends, it is easier for her to get used to school. For me, I followed my boy for 2 days for the 1st week, until nap time then i sneak away. Then for 2nd week, I stayed until near nap time as well. Though now 3rd wk, he still cries when he reaches childcare but he will also refuse to go home. Gd luck.

liting,

not me lah... haha... is deedee... my gal is in infant care since young... so no problem for her to go playgroup too cos she is familiar wif the teacher there oredi.. but tink will face the same problem when she change her child care centre to sparkle tots at my house downstairs tis year...

my problem is wanted to toilet train my gal but she is seem like not interested tough...

Tioilet train
I was facing some prob a few days ago, but now, problem no more! All thanks to sheepish for sharing with me on e website. Now zac wears e diaper only when he sleeps/nap.

Putting on training pants doesn't help at all, as he will still pee on it, thinking that it's diaper. So after 3 days of going bottomless, he's now wearing only lose pants. Am really grateful to sheepish!! Haha..

toilet train:
wahhh congrats to all mums who have successfully toilet trained their little ones! tik I still got to wait a little longer before this little one can do this.

haydensmom:
hey congrats on ur #2!!

cc:
my little terror will be starting hers in April. will be taking her to cc to get her familiarized with the grounds soon. maybe this mummy will break down and cry along with her e day she goes cc. haha!

Lonerunner,
Thanks!!!

Wah... The thread so quiet for a few days liao...
Tink all mummies busy with the cny preparation???

Hi mummies,
Hope that you have a great weeked!
Yesterday while shopping in orchard, I saw a little girl (at the most Pri 1) with painted long nails with nail arts. I dun think its her real nails lah cos looked abit fake, but I suddenly found myself staring at her nails for a few moments. I wonder if this is an acceptable trend among little girls these days to wear nail art, or that I'm just being a mum with old traditional thinking that nail polish/arts are for adults only.

haydensmom:
yeah tik its a little slow in the thread recently. lets boost up this forum! hahaa! Facing some issue with this new part time cleaner. Tik I gotta take a day or 2 off this week to spring clean my hse personally. really hard to find a good cleaner since my last one left for home
Tried to toilet train my girl over weekend but failed miserably again :p Think I'm never going to make it
sad.gif

lonerunner, how hv u been? aiyah, i think when we were younger we prolly could accept all these but once we became mothers, like tat lorr, things changed i guess.....

hi all, been thinking about not working to stay home again but dread the thought at the same time......very torn....need sanity thus work but wanna stay home to play with baby...i feel that i can do it on a "sometimes" basis, not an everyday affair...sigh.....

hi mummies,
thanks for the tips on how to handle our tots on their 1st day of school. ive decided to put my ger to school after cny so tat i've more times to prepare her. after hearing many feedback, ive decided to drop and go instead of stay beside her for few days.

tots perspire while sleeping in aircon room:
i remember some mummies asked this qn b4. just to share the link below.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/kids-who-perspire-while-sleeping

our tots r turning 2yo! happy bd to all ur tots!

lonerunner, i'll contribute to the forum too haha...

i guess im traditional too..i dont even paint my nails, let alone having nail art on naomi's nails :p dont be disheartened, chi mun will be toilet trained eventually..she's probably still waiting for herself to be ready
happy.gif
but for now, enjoy as much as you can with her on diapers because once shes trained, you'll be busy dumping waste and busy looking for toilets when you're out..

starbright, is it possible to work on half-day basis so you can enjoy best of both worlds? frankly speaking, im still in comfort zone being a SAHM...all i want is to drop everything, stay home and be a mother because theres so much activities to do with our tots now!! all the best
happy.gif

lonerunner:
i agree wif sandy... my gal uses going toilet as an excuse to not have her meals at times... then even if we are out and she's wearing pull-ups, i can't tell her to juz pee in e pull-up in case she really wans to go rite? so yah, sometimes quite troublesome... or else is when i ask her to go toilet before class and she says no... then when in class, she wans to go toilet! argh, so disruptive lor...

lonerunner, sandy,
seem like my gal can control her pee leh... on sun at TM nusery room, i took off her diaper n she went on to pee without her diaper on!!! ask her to stop n she can stop immediately n hold on... so i quickly brought her to the sink n ask her if she wan to pee somemore... den she continue to pee... dun noe if tis mean tat she is ready??

Star bright,
me too!!! dun tink i can be a SAHM all the way... financially n mentality dun allow...

SY,
there is a party accessories store at parkway parade... i saw they have it at their website... you can try...
http://www.harvestwell.com.sg/zencart/birthday-theme-party-supplies-bbarneyb-c-63_17/

yaer,

yes she seems to be able to voluntarily control ..actually u can start putting her on the potty to let her pee inside it so she gets the hang of peeing into something..it also makes the process more gradual rather than been too rush and make them scared.

Hello mummies,

Long time never log in already... do you all still remember me? hehe
happy.gif

How's everyone doing? Wanted to ask if any mummies can share a good zoophonics program in SG? Thanks in advance!

Sandy,
Thanks!! Got to persuade hubby to buy the potty oredi... He said very troublesome n dirty to wash the potty... So he keep insisting Hayden to use the kids toilet cover...
sad.gif

hi Lili

Yes, Sarah is getting really terrible. Will throw things when she is angry. Scream and shout when i do not allow her to do certain things...testing my tolerance and patient...my hubby was just asking me when will this end...i say maybe goody 3 lor...geez....

Btw, any mummies getting Peter and Jane books for ya child ah? aiyo, not sure whether to get them cos im worried it may be too boring...The reason for getting is i wanna Sarah to recongnise words...so maybe boring pictures are good...haha....

Happy lunar new yr to all mummies and tots!!

Lili
Same as sandy, am having terrific 2 with zac so far. But then again, zac is feb end baby, so will let u know at this month end if he had gone into the terrible 2 stage!

Btw, happy birthday to all the feb babies!! It had been a great 2 years journey with them. Lots of fun and laughter!!

Happy new year to all Mummies and toddlers!
Happy Birthday to many too..

havent been coming in, rather busy and feeling too tired and plain lazy these days.. hope u all are doing fine!

Gong Xi Gong Xi. And Happy birthday to all babies here.

Esther has really enjoy her CNY visitation and bring lotsa laughters and smiles on our relatives face.
She is really adorable. It's really a terrific two for her and us. looking forward to celebrate her birthday on 17.

Happy new year to all mummies n happy birthday to all babies here!!!

lili,
so far hayden is still ok leh... but now she got 1 habit is tat she like to sit on the floor to get her ways... even at shopping center or void decks... tis is the onli terrible things i encountered... other den tis, it is still a terrific 2... hehe... hopefully she doesn't become terrible 2 after 12 feb...
happy.gif

Hi Mummies!

Hope you have a great CNY!

I am experiencing Kylene's terrible 2 a couple of months ago! She is always up to tricks to disturb and make us laugh and angry.. the more i tell her to do things, the more she dont do.. when she sing songs, she will still change lyrics... now she calls her daddy and uncles by their names!

But the great thing is that she understand so many of our instructions and able to converse properly to make us know her thoughts..

Like Hayden, she also sit on the floor to get her things.. When she is very happy or angry, she will laugh or squirm till she clenched her fists and shiver... Quite jialat.. & she doesnt share her toys now!

Though terrible 2, but I am enjoying it because there are forever surprises that she comes up with to amuse & amaze me

Back