(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

the_simz: yes! look for me.

whitegalz: envy leh! it's good to have a good night sleep. v important.

overload: haha... i'm more channel 8, so ok lah, my bo po mo fo not very fantastic.

justviv: han also likes to snack in between, but if he din see it, he wont ask for it.
so we hide all the snacks. only FIL will give him, which we bo bian, so let him enjoy lor.

lonerunner and whitagalz,
haha.. the recipes looked chim right? Haha.. but I am not the one who provide this, it's provided by the mothers here.. I am not that talented in area of cooking.

Vivian
Ya.. i will just give zac the snacks. I am feeding him with milk/snacks/food every 2-3 hrs.

Overload
Ya ya. i think not easy too! To teach them and have all the household chores in order. Need to strike a balance. Hee.. must delegate some to hubby!

hi vivian,

your child's eating behavior is normal and you dont have to worry that shes eating something extra after a full meal as long as it is not junk or tidbits like crackers or chips. my girl also munch on something extra after a full meal and it can be 1 fruit or a mouth of raisin bread. after 2-3 hours, she will have a healthy snack. if ur child asks for it or is restless, she is probably hungry. just give healthy snacks and it shouldnt be a problem.

overload, agree with simz that you should delegate and strike a balance. dont be too hard on urself in teaching her new words..they learn even without us teaching or even without us knowing. you are already doing a great job and doing your best. most importantly is our babes grow up happily and healthily, and us mommies enjoy the process of motherhood
happy.gif

brought my girl to sentosa palawan beach this evening. main objective is to let her soak her red butt into sea water. hope this will allow the skin to heal faster. chi mun loves the beach alot, esp when the waves came rolling in and splashed all around her! Even dragged daddy along to continue walking in the water when daddy was trying to sit down comfortably on the sands.

After a wonderful time at the beach, I headed with chi mun for the ladies changing room only to realised it is not designed with a toddler in mind. The shower head is very high up and so it hurts when water splashes to the ground level. And the tap has to be pressed on continuously for water. Goodnesss! I gave up and took chi mun to the outside area where there is a tap usually used to wash away sands on our feet. At least hb can press on the tap while I gave her a quick bathe.
Both daddy and toddler KO after reaching home. *mummy had a nice dry and relaxing time watching daddy and toddler playing in the water* hehehehee....!

overload:
what?! bb learnt 10 words on a weekly basis??! wah kao! ur girl's good leh! I think my girl learnt how to meddle around and/or break 10 ITEMS per week. The latest thing she has learnt is to help me switch on the vaccum cleaner when mummy wants to clean the floor. And she's getting quite good at taking a new diaper and wet tissue packet for me when her diaper needs changing.

vivian:
oh my girl looks for tibits or anything to munch on after a full meal. Esp if her daddy and mummy are having a meal, she sure wants a few bites of what we are having. then we can see her round round tummy after that :p

Morning mummies....

Back in office today after a bout of food poisoning... sigh... woke up ytd morning to puke and LS. Really jialart... I dun think I ever had food poisoning before leh... LS maybe but puke and Ls at the same time, think its a first.... Went to the clinic before the doc was even in. By the time I saw him and went home, started a fever as well. The whole of ytd was spent lying in bed and going to the toilet. Now whole body aching and still feeling funny in thr tummy.... SIGH.

Overload, ya la... anything but baby can wait... I have been living on this motto since Mer was born, so you are wayyyy better than me liao... hahaha... and talking abt learning new words... I think the only thing I ever do teach Mer is to kiss me... hahaha... she picks up words on her own... I also dun really keep track...if she says something I understand then I will cheer her.... if not I just nod my head and go: Oh, I see... wow... LOL.

I also picked up sign language whilst watching baby signing times with Mer... haha...sometimes I get more excited than her... lol... but its fun to be able to learn with our kids mah... then when we went to kindermusik, I also learn along with Mer... learn how to be more fun and creative. This boring mummy, only knows how to sing songs and read books nia...

VivTan, I also give Mer food to much when she asks for it. Usually she will say mum mum... then I will give her bread or biscuits... normally I give her bread.... and sometimes when we r in the car and there is nothing else to give then I give her biscuits lor... Mer doesn't seem to like fruits much nowadays altho she likes banana... but I think this can be addressed when she is older and can chew better bah... I think they r growing fast now and also moving around alot so they need to snack in between meals to keep their energy levels up and to replenish lost water and salts....so now its ok to give our kids a little bit of salt in their food... not much just abit lor...

Hope I will be all ok by lunch time... sian... no chilli, milk, butter, fried stuff, cheese, coconut and coffee until Thurs... thats like asking me not to eat... especially no chilli and coffee...can die leh...and dunno wad to eat with my morning sandwich like that... SIGH.

hi mummies, that night kylene woke up twice for milk!!! i thought feed her full in the day, she will not wake up but even worse, twice!

I cant seem to wean her off, yesterday she woke up at 5am, when the milk came a bit late, she was like panting in her cries .. when she wants something very much, she will "pant"...

yesterday was a busy day at home, cos this little gal doesnt want to nap though she was very very tired.. end up, her mummy became tired after trying to make her sleep..

she doesnt eat much yesterday, i really duno how to catch what she likes to eat.. everything she eats a bit, then she sick of the taste and stop eating..

regarding words, i was inspired by Naomi and so I tried to show Kylene some words this morning.. She ignored me leh, she totally dont look at me.. When I use a banana to entice her, she kept saying banana instead of the words! I guess this little gal doesnt like reading..

Whitegalz,

Dun worry la... I think Kylene wasn't keen in anpping because its a rare treat for her to have mummy with her during the day on a weekday since you used to be working. So she is just trying to maximise her time with you! Once you realises that, hey, mummy is going to be around for the long term, she will go back to her routine with little coaxing.

On the not eating much part... your MIL used to be the main caretaker right? Did you check with her on how she feed Kylene usually? I had the same problem as you on weekends with Mer and for a long time I was really frustrated. Then HB told me that my mum feed Mer in a totally different way. She will give Mer toys to distract her whilst feeding, then instead of sitting her in the high chair like I do, she sits Mer in the stroller. Its really silly to me la, but then it worked lor. I am not exactly happy, seeing that this is not a good way of feeding but we dun really hv much choice leh... seeing that my mum is not going to change and she does most of the feeding throughout the week,

Dun think Kylene dun like to read la... could be this is new to her, so she is not warming up to it yet. I tried flashcards with Mer before and it was a set of fruits n vege cards... after finishing the set, all Mer did was tell me they are all mum mum... lol. Take it easy lor... I am not v disciplined when it comes to such stuff... haha, if she enjoys it I will do it more, if she does't then I just let it go and come back to it again. Sometimes they are not ready, sometimes they just want something else. Most important is not to traumatise them or put them off certain things becos we keep trying or pushing it to them.

You just became SAHM hor, must take it easy de... haha...spend the next few days rolling around with Kylene first... enjoy some quality "nua" time... hahaha.... got whole lifetime ahead to learn and to do things mah~!

hey mummies! wanna share that after soaking chi mun in the seawater, her butt's redness/sores are healed! So seawater actually helps. No need to apply too much balm or cream. But of course lah, make sure the open sores are "closed" first before venturing this option. Else sure super painful one.

djmama:
woah u take care! eat healthy food until tummy is ok.
hehehe ... at least mer can tell u the cards are all mum mum after you have finished flashing the cards to her. If is chi mun, most prob she'll request for the entire stack of cards then start biting on them before giving me back the each saliva soaked card one by one. Else the cards will be all over the floor lor

whitegalz:
maybe is growth spurt that caused her to wake up in the nites? my girl does that from time to time too for a few weeks before returning back to normal. each time this happens, my mil will swear that she did feed her fullfull in the day. hahaha!
regarding food, I think what djmama said is quite logical. maybe u can check with previous caretaker to see how ur girl is used to being fed and what is the interval like. U can then adjust her diet/ feeding style slowly to your own preference. like this, it wont be too stressed on urself

mummies,

can anybody share a checklist of wat to bring on a trip?

oso, wat supplement is gd for building up immune system?

thanks!

lonerunner: wah... u r adventurous. i have not really brought han to anywhere yet.
sad.gif

dj: must really take care leh.

whitegalz: i guess when our pattern changes, the kids pattern changed too. so since u jsut started to be SAHM, kylene is adjusting to the wonderful time with mummy at home!

sheepish: just cut-and-paste what pumpkinseed has shared previously...

"
travelling w infants. Pls have the following in your HAND CARRY, infant paracetamol and if possible nurofen (for fever above 39C) + cough/cold med + a bottle of water/fluid that bb likes + forehead fever cool stripes. Syringes for feeding meds. In flight conditions are v dehydrating so you must rem to feed bb with some fluid (or latch).

also, most of us like to dress bb in sleepsuits in flight for convenience. do rem to bring along an extra pair of light clothing in case bb develops high fever mid flight and need to be changed out into something lighter. I also bring along a thermometer in my hand carry. I shudder to think what could have happened if I didn't have the above during the traumatising flight back.

xperienced moms know this but not first time moms like me. If your bb is having fever, do not be lulled into a false sense of security if your poor cranky bb finally falls asleep in flight. becos the fever tends to spike up v suddenly during periods of inactivity e.g sleep. keep monitoring.

that's all. God bless!"

Sheepish
Usually I will bring the mosquito lotion from J&J, some basic medicine to standby, thermometer, sunblocked, and lots of his cereal, just in case can't find anything suitable for him to eat. If the place is dry, then have to consider a mild baby lotion? Hee, I also bought a lollipop during the long haul flight, just in case he's too cranky for me to handle.

Whitegalz
Hey, suppose to be happy that you are a stay at home mum, cheer up! Try to fixed a nap time? Nap together with her? Zac nap only once a day,(5hr-6hr interval) so by night time, he was really tired and can sleep from 9pm - 7am. Prob she's too tired, that's why refusing food? Let her nibble some snacks and drink some milk? I think at this age, they like to nibble a bit here and there. About reading, why not show her a book of colourful picture with big words? Hopefully this will attract her attention?

DJmama:
poor u... take care n drink more fluid!!

Sandy:
was wondering where u went... How's your MIL? u still go to her place everyday?

Sheepish:
where r u going???? SO FUN!!! :D hahaha

vivian:
i think our kids will stop eating when they r full so dun worry :D but like Grace we also hide d snacks especially d sweet ones.

lonerunner:
u smart lo!! OK i will also teach my daughter to help me get diaper n wipes... like Simz n Sandy said delegate! hahaha

overload,

my MIL is currently stable. i go to her place from thursday till sat. sunday to wed back to my own place. ive been relatively busy lately since the new semester started for both me and naomi. lol anything else but baby can wait so that includes going online :p

sheepish,

I always have with me a little first aid kit that includes thermometer, paracetamol, salinase (nasal drops for blocked nose), kool fever (at least 4), mosquito/insect repellent, lotion, and hand sanitizer. depending on the duration of the flight, if its long, probably gotta bring 1 or 2 milk feeds. hot water will be provided on board (oops i think you know better whats provided heh heh). 2 or 3 dew's favorite toy/ books that can amuse her if she gets restless. i also bring some puffs/ small pieces of bread so that she can munch on something while waiting for disembarkation or during taxi-ing. 1 milk bottle (with milk or water) or pacifier for her to suck on during take off or landing (to ease the pressure in her ears). the rest are basic necessities like clothes, diapers (if you do not intend to buy there), towels (if you are particular over hygeiene and not keen in using the ones provided by hotel), baby's toothbrush and toothpaste, body wash/shampoo (i usually bring my own since naomi is still using baby soap). as for vitamins, naomi has been taking pedzinc, which is vit c + zinc. i dont think pedzinc is available in spore so you can check out what they have in spore..typically for babies' immunity, its vit c drops and probiotics. naomi gets her probiotics from her daily yogurt intake but i know there are probiotic supplements available in the pharmacy, maybe some mommies here can advise which one is good. have an enjoyable trip
happy.gif

trip:
btw for cough/cold med, what does PD usually prescribe? I think when going on holidays with the little one, the number of things to bring along is nearly like moving house. haha ...!
One question - Does a toddler get seasick one ah? Are there any anti seasick med for toddler or not?

gracechua:
hahaa ... I'm still not that adventurous yet as compared to mummies here like sandy, overload, thesimz etc. naomi has already been on the plane multiple times lor! Although chi mun is quite independent, I'm still stuck in singapore cos this terror cant stay in a confined space for long. So overseas trips on plane are out of question until she has learnt to sit down quietly. But will be going to batam end of this mth with my parents and sister so I'll have helpers. It will be chi mun's first overseas trip as well! At least there are more room for her to move around on the speedboat lah. haiz.

sheepish:
yeah! where are you going?
happy.gif

sandy:
u take care woah. not easy balancing school and a toddler and family! jiayou!!

So fun... seems like we have quite a few mummies who have brought the babies overseas for trips now!

Lonerunner, I share the same sentiment as you. I also dun plan to bring Mer on a plane ride until she can actually sit quietly on her own, at the very least for a couple of hours? Really cannot bear the thought of her on the plane with me going kuku with all that pent up energy, running up and down the aisle with everyone staring. SIGH. The sheer thought of that makes me shudder! My ex-boss's son was also a v active boy and the couple had to fly home to Norway every year for the holidays and then back for my boss' work. WAH... it's a major task lor, first his parents will have to fly over to Singapore then take the flight back with my boss and his wife and son to Norway so that 4 adults can assist each other in supervising one v active 3 yr old boy. Hahaha... everytime he has to make such a trip my boss' face will look abit cramped. Much as he loves the idea of going home to cold cold Norway vs tropical Singapore... haha...

Now the boy is older and more manageable liao so I think his pain is over... but now he has another bb boy to handle... hahahahaha... so its here we go again for him!

I m thinking of bringing Mer to the Zoo sometime soon... sigh...keep saying but its either wet weather or hot weather and plenty of excuses not to get up on a nice sunday morning... hahaha... think will be nice to brig her for a buffet breakfast with Ah meng's descendent hor! But this smart hb say want to make picnic lunch. I told him to please dun make life anymore difficult for me. Bad enough we need to get up, feed Mer, bathe Mer and pack for the excursion, then I still must make packed lunch for all? SHEESH. one of these days should ask him to try doing that lor. See next time still wanna ask me to do such things anot.

Last nite Mer kena guerilla attack by mozzies... sigh... I just put her down to the cot for barely 5 minutes and she woke up asking for me. When I went in I saw that she was bitten more than 7 spots on her legs! No wonder she woke up. It was too itchy. End up the whole nite she slept on my bed, whining and scratching away. SIGh. She wudn't sleep in the cot and we stuck 3 pieces of the anti mozzie patch on her plus spray the baby natrual spray in the room and over her and still this morning she kena 3 more bites on her face and palm and leg. Really hate these mozzies. Do nothing but suck our blood. Worse, suck my baby's blood!

dj_mama:
yah, hbs!

tis was my conversation wif hb...

hb: why u dun bring little 1 out more often? u wanted go tuina and library rite? never go indoor playground liao ah?
me: wah, very busy leh... a lot of things to do!
hb: why u so busy? (he actually dared to ask!)
me: of cos busy lah! have to wake up early, prepare e gal's food, pack, wake her up, get her ready... u think so easy ah? 1 day, u do everything by urself lah! u think porridge so easy to cook till soft ah? it's fast-to-cook porridge is it? if 1 meal, still ok... if got breakfast too, i gotta bring more stuffs leh! then need to get everything ready by 9.30am... u so li hai u do urself lor!
hb: ...

hahaha!

grace/the_simz/sandy:
thanks for sharing! :p

overload/lonerunner:
we going hokkaido! hehe... quite excited, but oso a bit apprehensive... cos dunno if she'll sleep onboard and oso on e hotel bed, since she has only slept in her own cot so far... we tried letting her sleep wif us, then i couldn't take it at 3am and put her back in her cot! haha...

anyway... do u mummies noe tat before e age of 2, our toddlers are charged 10% of e fare if no seat needed? but once they need a seat, it's 75%! so my hb was saying, it's a gd time to bring her now... anyway, we both need a break from our daily routines!

lonerunner:
oh, missed out ur qn abt med... pardon my spelling ah... my pd prescribed chlorphremine for flu, mucolexin for cough... if both, it's promezatin... we gonna ask him abt motion sickness pills too...

bites
oh, my gal has bites too! but till now, we've been unable to ascertain wat caused them... dun think it's mosquitoes, cos she only gets them on her calves... then if it's e mattress, i sun and sun liao leh... then pd said it's some flying insects, so my qn is - why doesn't she get them anywhere else? he said there are less movements from e legs, e legs will kenna... so we tested out his theory by letting her wear long pants... initially, it stopped... but it's now back! so his theory doesn't really stand anymore? then my hb said could be mosquitoes, cos mosquitoes can bite thru cloth... but e same qn i asked pd stands... any mummy has any idea wat they are? feel a bit xin tong tat my gal's calves got so many 10 cents 5 cents...

bites: think after the rain, the sun, etc. a lot mosquitoes around. han just gotten a bite on his nose. his childcare teacher called him Rudolph...

sheepish,

naomi also gets mosquito bites when shes at my in law's place and shes so used to shooing mosquitoes that she will wave her arm and shout out "tohs" (for mosquitoes)when they go near her. what i do is whenever we arrive, i will let her wear long pants and apply repellent all over her body and so far, the mosquitoes never sting her through her clothings. so my guess for your situation is ants or any bugs that crawled into her pants, possible? if she doesnt get it other places other than at home, it should be something there in your house. probably can check the cot edges. it happened to me before when i was preggy...i get mysterious bites but definitely not mozzies..so i checked the edges of my bed frame and see a long trail of ants. i also discovered some kind of bugs that came crawling out from the dried bouquets of flowers. we destroyed the entire army of ants and hunt down the nest; threw away the flowers and i never get those bites anymore.

hi mummies, thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I guess I am trying to fit into SAHM's life.. But, I dont really enjoy it, I guess I prefer to work... I will just rest a bit more and then will look out for a 9to5 job, can leave on dot that kind.

DJ, bingo lor... yesterday i went to my MIL hse for dinner and saw how she feed kylene. She let her play toys in her highchair, sometimes play bottles etc... Today, I tried the same thing.. I managed to feed 1 big big bowl! I see if I eat such big bowl, I will be full also.. Today shall be the start of her reduced night feed since she eats so much in the day!

lonerunner, eversince she was 5-6 mths plus where she encountered her growth spurt that time, she has been waking up since.. When she is in her growth spurt right, she will wake up twice for milk!
sad.gif

sheepish, haha.. my hb also ask me why i nvr mop the floor leh.. last time when i was working, i mop once a week.. i duno issit he expect me to mop like 3-4 times a week.. I just told him I use the magic-clean dry mop to mop..

i also busy with my things at home mah.. not kthat i got nothing to do.. but i feel guilty cos kylene is facing the most of the time too.. now i must cut down le

hi mummies, looks like little chi mun will go to CC from next year onwards after all. my eldest sil is pregnant again with her #3. she told my mil that if mil dun wan to help her, she'll abort this #3. hb isnt too happy over this arrangement. he is ok with chi mun going to CC, but not ok that my bil is asking mil to take care of all his 3 kids. mil will be overworked then! even with a maid, it is still tough to look after 3 kids at one go!

mil told me this morning to enroll the little inspector in CC. me starting to look around tiong bahru area for a CC that hopefully is near my workplace too. At least if there is anything i can be rite over within a few minutes. Will be dropping by ArtKidz at tiong bahru cc next week to check out the place. if is ok, I'll register to chop a place liao. hope that by next year there will be a place for chi mun.

sheepish:
hahahaha ... I was doubling up in laughter after reading the exchange u had with hb!
lucky u! Heard that winter is the best time to go hokkaido! super fresh sashimi waiting! yummy!!!
strange that ur girl gets only bitten on her leg. shld be something that hovers around the area only. blanket? quilt?
oh and thanks for the list of medication! going to ask my girl's PD for prescription when I bring her for her jabs next week.

djmama:
pinic lunch with a toddler in tow?? unless our girls are those super kuai type else really no chance leh!! HEHEEHEHEHEE!!! guess we have to give the cheap fare for our toddlers a miss. haizzz.... I cant imagine having her sitting on my leg for the entire trip. most prob I'll expect to find her in the cockpit or in the pantry area inspecting a drawer or something when the seatbelt sign is on or somewhere under a chair.

whitegalz:
dun stress urself too much. juz enjoy your time with kylene for now. or maybe ask someone to take care of kylene to give urself an off day or something to let u have some ME time. you'll feel better after that.

Sandy:
Thank God ur MIL is now stable. I would not be happy to stay in 2 diff places. Peifu! Haha... seems like many mummies have been using "everything but baby can wait"... i discovered too late la hahah...

sheepish:
wahhh really fun!!! envy much lo... haha... i think no use to tell my hb about d 10%/75%. he oredi told me to wait til 2nd baby is 16mths then we bring both... i keep on suggesting nearer places now... hope it works... ya, like Lone, i LOL at ur conv w hb hahaha...

on bites: just wondering whether anyone of ur family members have allergy.. cos I have (less known) dustmites allergy so if they bite me, i get itchy n swollen thing that looks a bit diff than mozzies'. My baby also very "heng" to get this lo. My sis said she looks n nerdy like her dad in every way n all she got from me are d lack of hair n this allergy... "heng" le? haha..

DJmama:
my baby also have bites attack 2days ago. Around 10 bites ahhh... so angry ho!!! I let her use patch again now. $%^((*)E#$E i also keep on thinking why they dun bite me instead! or better my HB hahahahha

oh sharks! Guessed what my hb did?! Before he went to bed, he proudly announced that chimun is very cute tonite so he is going to reward her by letting her sleep on our bed! All becos the inspector actually waited patiently outside the toilet door waiting for her daddy while holding onto one of mummy's soft toy! Goodness!!! Poor mummy will be kicked down from bed again by this 2 daddy-daughter team again!! urgh!!

overload:
hehehe ... when the itchyness starts, it's not that "heng" after all lor! haha!

Morning mummies!

Today I got my first cuppa kopi to star tthe day liao! Finally... one more day without kopi to start the day, I can join the zombies liao lor.
happy.gif

Whitegalz, haha... I think all our mums and MILs feed the same way. I think I should be thankful my mum did not feed Mer they way my grandma fed me lor... I remember my grandma used to feed me all over the house, from the kitchen feed to the living room, to me standing on the chair, climbing the window grilles, then finally out the door to the 3 little steps leading up the front door and finally to the neighbors house. I was also a v notorious food keeper. I would keep the food in my mouth, from left cheek to right cheek and back. Everyday it was the same drill. My grandma loved me to bits but also spoilt me to the high heavens. hahaha....My mum only had to deal with my "disabled" syndrome when she took me home to start primary school. I would sit there during mealtimes day in and day out waiting for someone to feed me. My dad whacked me jialart lor. I learnt to eat independently the painful way. SIGH.

Overload, its not too late to know now... hahaha.... better late than never! ;) Talking about bites and allergy, this dust mite allergy sounds bad leh... Sigh... maybe I shd ask the PD again. I have shown him her bites many times, he told me that babies normally react badly to mozzie bites hence the swelling and the water boil in the middle sometimes. Maybe i should also ask HB to sun her cot mattress next week as well. I dun see anything along the corners or edges of her cot tho. Her cot is in a dark mahogany wood color, abit hard to see also and my room lighting is yellow and dim. Think tml when I am home, will use a torchlight to check properly.

HB and I also kena leh... but seems like HB is getting it more now. It used to be HB gets it all and I am unscathed before I was preggers. Then I got a whole lotta bites during preggers, and up till recently. But now that my thyroid levels are back to normal, and my apetite and diet back to my pre-preg days, the mozzies also not so interested in me liao. So they attack HB and Mer more. I think also could be their body heat is higher than mine, thats y.

Lonerunner, ya, same same! Think our daughters can be good friends hor! Maybe they can go to the same school next time and terrorise boys. LOL. But I think its ok to be 75% fare for them when they are older. Its safer for them to get their own seat and be buckled properly and more importantly, they will remember their trip overseas with us when they are older. Now, I think its more a hassle for us, an inconvenience for them and they will not remember much. I want to save up now then when she turns abt 3 or 4, we go visit her uncle in london, provided they still down there. Then when she is about to enter primary sch, bring her to disneyland. And in between, squeeze in a trip to Taiwan with my family and in-laws and Mer. Think the grandparents will be thrilled to go overseas with their grandchild. So now must save save save! Cuz so many ppl to pay for. LOL.

Sheepish, your conversation with Hb hor, really spot on! LOL. I showed HB last nite, he also laughed. I am still lucky, he will help to make FM, wash her bum, bathe her. Mostly all the things I do for her, he can do, except cook. Just depends on whether he is lazy or sincere lor. And mornings he sends Mer to my mum, I think my mum also command him to do stuff la. So he has some training from there. One day you shd really just let your hb look after D on his own. and tell him you are going to be uncontactable, bring your mum and in-law out for a spa session and switch off the mobile. Leave him with an emergency manual with instructions on what to do in different scenario. I think he will be on his knees before you when you arrive home all goddess-like after a day of dolling up and relaxing... HAHAHAHA....

I am also intending to enrol Mer to a playgroup liao leh... but in the West at Clementi or West Coast area... anyone has any suggestions? Lili, I called Clementi Woods, they dun hv, they only have kindy and above....considering Edufarm with Saro but we hv yet to view the sch yet, but in terms of location its the most convenient for us liao loh. I went to see Creative Twinkles website, got no information leh. only one cover page nia...

Overload, serious ah?
sad.gif

HB sure say I KS and kuku to bring Mer to derma becos of mozzie bites...
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Must think how to bring her liaoz... think my whole family will say I KS lor... siansation.

hihi mummies,

thks for all the advise. Had bot my gal to polyclinic to get referrer letter (like that the dentist fee will be cheaper, as wat u all mummies said, just leave it in her mouth but need to go back for review after 6 mth to c if it grows. If it is bigger enough to extract the dentist wud advise to do but she told me sometime the tooth will drop off by itself.

whitegalz:
u mean kylene facing tv is it? or wat is it tat u need to cut down? cos ur post like something missing...

yah, i oso feel bad at times when i have to cook porridge or do housework but my gal will be hovering ard me doing nothing much... let her play by herself, i oso feel bad... so keep reminding myself tat things tat can wait, i can do when she's sleeping... but i oso wan my "me" time to come online, so subconsciously i will try to finish all e things tat i have to do so i can relax when she naps... trying not to do tat so often so tat when she's awake, i can spend quality time wif her reading/playing/watever...

sometimes, my hb will oso comment "e floor a bit dusty hor"... those are e times when i'm busy or lazy... so my hb ever joked, e "roi" of me staying home like not very high... so i oso better do more, so can justify my staying home...

haha.. sheepish, i mean kylene facing the computer most of the time.. cos i was using my own laptop, then she use my hubby pc.. but she is watching the videos we took via our iphone.. she loves it so much, so much better than the "baby can read"... i scare she myopic.. talking abt that, must bring her for her eye checkup soon...

ur hb so nice, still joke.. mine gimme a face.. haha.. i think i shd work soon!

lonerunner:
ur mil very sayang ur eldest bil hor? actually got "threatened" to take care of all his 3 kids...

we going during autumn leh, dun dare to bring in winter... cold sia!

hmm, she doesn't use a blanket leh... so oso dunno wat...

u bringing chi mun for e booster jab liao ah? eh, u still breastfeeding rite? do u think chi mun's immune system gets a boost from ur bm huh?

sandy/overload:
thanks for sharing on e bites!

sandy, i oreidi inspected her cot leh... nothing visible... i'm thinking could it be her playpen, where she sits in for a gd 15-20 mins everyday, since only her calves kenna... so i went and looked at e playpen too, but nothing as well...

overload, dustmites huh? but how to diagnose? then only affect certain area of body mah? hmm, it's not very big bites kind leh... u noe mozzie bites are abt 5 cents coin size rite? these are smaller, like measles... but they dun appear in patches... only 1 or 2 here and there...

overload:
actually, i tot 2nd tri is e best time to go holiday?! think u can plan a trip soon... if not, sure no time when e new bb comes... to wait till 2nd bb is 16 mths, tat'll be a whole gd 4-5 yrs of no travelling! sian rite?

sheepish,

why not get your girl involved in the chores with you? i also try to do my chores when naomi is awake so when she is asleep, i can do my school work, do some reading and surf net. i have 2 magic clean mops so when i clean the floor, i will give one to naomi and i use the other one so both of us will be doing together. i will also make her pick up things and put them away. i also ask her to put her dirty clothes in her laundry basket, keep her toys and crayons after use, and so that saves me from picking up things as she mess them up. anything that she can manage i will ask her to do with me. when i cook, she will hang around the gate then i will talk to her and describe the things i do to her. when she got bored with my talking or finds me longwinded, she will leave me alone and walk around and play. then she will drop by again to "check on me" then i restart my talking lol.

whitegalz/dj_mama:
actually hor, i'm feeding my gal like ur mil/mother leh! cos hor, tis gal doesn't wanna eat if nothing to distract her or play wif... she can choose not to eat leh! yet i noe she is hungry and needs to eat... so no choice, i am doing e exact opposite of wat i set out not to do... except tat i haven't succumbed to tv yet! it's a choice i have to make - to have her eat while playing or not to let her eat... then my "choice" became obvious... i always read tat children can be trained... but guess textbks juz dun help at times...

dj_mama:
my hb can do all e things too lah, so he shd have no prob at home... but he expects me to bring her out more... so how many times he wan me to bring her out? dun think he'll even survive 1 outing w/o any help! all e preparation, then e feeding alone outside... still keep asking me, when bringing her tuina/library?

whitegalz:
yah, my gal likes e videos we take of her too... keeps asking for her daddy's iphone to see herself when eating... then she luvs tv, which she'll watch almost every evening at my pil's place... but she'll be like goldfish, never blinks... so my hb now oso doesn't wan her to watch so much tv liao, dun wan her to have bad eyesight...

my hb has no choice but to joke leh... cos hor, he noes i'll take it e wrong way wan... then he'll have a hard time liao... so most of e time, his "reproach" is quite mild and put across nicely... if not, i'll juz rebel, dun wanna do anything and show him black face!

sandy:
haha, like cooking show like tat! yah, can get her involved... i do ask her to keep her toys, so tat's e only thing she does when it comes to housework... cos i mop, dun wan her to slip and fall... hmm, maybe i can mop and give her e magic clean to sweep e dry area... then e other thing i do when she's ard, is hanging clothes... hehe, she cannot help me leh... too tall for her...

hello,
mia for a while... overwhelmed w works. i need to go for biz travel again in sep. tis time go Utah in states. wat a 'ulu' plc??? im damn xian!!!

oh yah, my new maid arrived last thurs, so far so good...

liting,
come back to the topic on the maid agency. i finally got my maid fr another agency within 2 weeks time. the united agency staff at katong branch are attitude and they speak to the maid with no respect (eg: dun let me see your fXXX face and u stand at the door). they do not have good quality maid for selection. agency fee is expensive $188 with one replacement only. i paid $88 for the agency who got my new maid and they give unlimited replacement.

sheepish,
the conversation b/w ur hb sounds familiar leh.... hahaha!! last sat we were late for class for half an hour. when in the car, my hb asked me why me so 'mo' (slow) to prepare ger since alrdy got maid to help. i told him off straight! i said i need to shower her, dress her, feed her, teach maid what to do, prepare everything b4 go out. then he do wat?? nothing at all!!

grace,
good job! so fast closed 1 deal liao... jiayou!

DJMama,
i oso brought my gal to see skin doc when she kena sth bite till very big... then was told is bitten by mozzie!!! hahaha...

whitegalz,
i dun tik i can be a sahm oso... just take it as a break now then start looking for 9to5 job after u hav enuf break. get a job in a small local co will be good. not much stress and easy job.

lonerunner,
chi mun is so cute! u always got interesting thing to share abt chi mun and ur hb.

djmama:
hehehehe... watch out boys! Here comes the Mer-ChiMun terrors gang-tress!
wah ... u have already gotta ur travel plans all mapped out! that's a 6yrs plan in line! hehehehee!

sheepish:
wat to do? I'll just have to let the 2 brothers trash out among themselves. personally I feel it is quite tough to handle 3 kids at one go. I cant imagine if I have to take care of 3 chi muns! *faintz* in the meantime, I feel it is better to just let my mil does things her own way, since she has agreed to be the caretaker for my eldest sil's 3 kids anyway. we'll let the process takes its place and standby for backup plans cos she'll be needing it one day soon once her health gives way due to overwork.

oh u are going in autumn! oh ya correct! I forgot now is summer time. hehhe. mixed up with southen continent :p
btw u wan try soaking her in a little salt water? duno if it might help abit or not.

ya my PD has scheduled chi mun for booster next week so I'll just follow the schedule.
me still BF-ing but supplement with FM cos BM not enough liao since period resumed and never really went back to original volume since then. So I'm not totally sure if her immure system is due to being on BM or drinks organic FM or other diet factors. She doesnt go infant care or crowded places much so chances of her catching a virus is much lower, I feel. But I would like to think that BM does give a little booster to her immure system lah(becos I had sacrified many things to continue be a nursing mum! heheheehee!) We'll soon see if BM plays a part or not. I heard from many friends whose kids are on BM for like 16mths that their kids dun fall sick easily after going to CC or school. Even when after falling sick, they recover much faster than FM-fed kids. Time will tell once Chi Mun goes CC next year. Maybe mummies who nurse for long time like ginn, overload, sandy etc can add on more views on if BM plays a part in boosting up immure system.
happy.gif

sandy:
hehehee... not bad idea to continue talk until naomi leaves u alone! hehehee! maybe I shld try it too! :p me also doing wat u are doing with naomi :p Even her FM I also taught her to slowly turn the bottle to dissolve the FM before drinking :p

deedee:
hey how's ur new place? all settle down already?

hi mummies,

lonerunner, not sure if BM helped my gal boost her immunity. She falls sick whenever she is teething usually... so dunno it helps or not. Hopefully it does lor, lots of effort put in to pump BM for 16 months leh! haha

Re feeding, my gal also needs distraction. She "reads" her books while eating too. And i hv to do story telling. Sometimes cant concentrate, so anyhow make up story haha.

I'm also asking my gal to help out with chores, she enjoys it. I'll pass her a wet tissue to clean her table after eating. Sometimes she'll just take a tissue herself and start wiping her mat or table then throw it in the bin. And yes also tell her to keep her toys. And yep, sometimes i feel bad and think whether i'm teaching enough to her too whenever she is so free and bored.

Btw mummies, anyone have idea how to make potty training interesting? My gal can tell me umm before she poo and sometimes pee too or she looks at me and pulls diaper if wet but problem is she doesnt like to sit on potty... hmmm

re: feeding n distractions
i also distract baby during feeding but mostly with the food itself like "which one do u wanna eat, baby? carrot or vege?" (ask her to point) or "what is the colour of the carrot/broccoli/ur spoon/ur bowl/mommy's shirt?" something like that... colour's d trend for now but can ask anything la hahaha... hope it give u guys another idea :D

DJmama:
LOL ya ho... when u spell it out like that it does sound a bit KS hahaha... never really thought of it that way.

sheepish:
ya la super sian... that's y i planned from the beginning i wan to give birth one each every year n finish 3 one go... then i can resume travelling w my hb. But now not according to plan liao cos #2 will b a dec baby so next year surely cannot produce another one. sigh... so in God's time la. I really sian cos d other day hb went to tokyo n left me n baby at home sob sob!!! But on a good note i successfully convinced hb to go KL hahaha i told myself better than nothing lo. really so suaku now.

Sandy:
u have very good methods. I was also wondering how can i cook with baby around. I dun like the idea to let her watch tv altho i finally succumb to invest in YBCR dvds after d maid left so that she has something to occupy her while i cook. She doesn't like to watch other things beside YBCR, I showed her pororo n peter pan... she will call me after less than 5 mins. I think i will also get a gate so that she can hang around with me safely. I must learn from u, sheepish n other SAHM without maids now cos i can't watch her all d time like b4..

deede

wah kao. my part time domestic helper quit tonite to go back to her country. Need to find a new one again. haiz. anyone got any good lobang pls recommand to me!

ginn:
how abt buying those toddler's toilet bowl and put her there instead of potty? maybe she might want to imitate what adults do?

overload:
1 kid each year?! wah! u got a real ambitious plan! haha! :p

Hi Deedee, what is the name of the agency you mentioned?

And Deedee, high5! The part where u and ur hb had conversation on taking too much time to prepare bb before can go out and with maid around is familiar to me too as last time, it was like this as well, hb and MIL will be so 'eng' and waiting for me and maid to get ready, then they will bring bb down to wait for me and maid while we 2 will be busy getting ourselves ready like changing clothes, etc.

Morning mummies~

Very nice and cooling weekend, althou it might have been a pretty wet and miserable one for some of us in Singapore too.... read on the news that Delfi Orchard was hit a second time by flash floods... and so was Wendy's which was still undergoing reno works... FAINT. Think they might just withdraw a second time from Singapore if this keeps up. Haha.

Lonerunner, yes, I like to plan ahead most of the time. Think its the nature of my work bah, we do alot of planning but we also prepare for emergencies. Haha. Actually the family trip to Taiwan, I wanted to do so quite some time back but things get in the way. We spent quite a fair bit on our customary wedding and then whilst we were going to go for our belated honeymoon I got preggers. Finally, severe MS kept me from making the trip. In all we forfeited close to 4K of travel arrangement payments not to mention the costs incurred for the hospital stays from MS and all the expensive birds nest and tonic bought to "keep my strength up" from all that puking.

So hor, actually after Mer arrived, we were quite stressed on finances. Now feeling abit ok to breathe liao, so I am going back to my old plans! Haha. The Europe trip is to compensate me for the belated honeymon trip that never happened!~ The Taiwan trip was always on the cards and the Disneyland trip is the real treat just for Mer lor. WAHAHAHA. Anyway, thinking about it can make me half as happy as going liao. Hehe... so just keep thinking and working towards it will be super duper happiness all the time!

Sheepish, how long are you going to Hokkaido for? I saw a recent promo for Kabira Club Med like quite shiok leh...and I think it will be pretty baby friendly too... wahaha... altho I was hoping hor, if year end can get a nice bonus, will ask hb to go alone with me then ask my parents look after Mer for a few days... Nowadays realised the older she gets the more able I am to leave her with my mum... cuz she is so notti sometimes I wanna run and hide from her!

Am planning to bring Mer to check out the Singapore Garden Festival this week... any mummies have gone? Any feedback mah? HB complained that still got to pay just to see plants abit kuku. HAHAHA.

Back