(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

hellow mummies,
long time didnt log in here. have been v bz at work. things are slowing down, so it's great i can take a breather now.

Happy:
haha, for sure! there will be lotsa needles in the butt. we went perth in apr, took a overnite flight there and things arent that bad since he sleep most of the time. coming back is more challenging becos it's day flight. watch movies, me & hubby take turns to carry him, let him walk up and down the small alley, stuffing him with snacks, yogurt, biscuits, are some ways we took to toil over the 5hrs flight journey. maybe u can standby his fave iPhone apps? fav toys and snacks. rem to get him drink water if he fuss during take off and landing to help unblock his ears.

Star bright,

Oh well, got pros and cons la. My mum who has been taking care of my girl has always been letting her watch Tv de la. she just pretends that I dunno. And me being at work during the day, even if I know, nothing much I can do about it lor. But she does a great job looking after Mer and for that I think its a great thing liaoz. Sadly due to all the distance and crazy travelling, we really cannot afford to ferry Mer up and down all over Singapore once hb starts his new job. So my MIL will take my mum's place lor. I am sure my MIL will gv the same amount of love and care but oh well, nothing beats hvg our own mum la.

I actually do not expect the maid to do anything regards to looking after Mer. She will be there to do housekeeping and then be the extra pair of eyes to watch Mer during times when MIL wants to cook or do some other thing. Having her speak good English is because I really am having braincramps thinking abt how my MIL speaks with a mix of dialect chinese and english and nothing proper. Really do not need another maid which cannot speak properly lor. kids at Mer's age pick up stuff so quickly I will faint and die if Mer starts speaking rojak.

Ultimately, still expecting my MIL to be main caretaker of Mer. I can handle bathing her before I head to work and then when I come home. She just needs to be the one that makes her milk, her meals and feed her lor. I generally dun trust maids that much. And dun think we shd too. LOL. Somemore our kids are close to us precisely becos we bathe them, feed them, and entertain them. Really silly if I am working so hard all day just to let the maid enjoy motherhood with my child leh. LOL. but thats me la, control freak that I am! :D

Hopefully things work out well bah and that i will be thankful for a great helper like you are for yours!

Liting, seems like your boy is starting to assert himself le. Try not to stress or tire yourself out. Once in awhile, really need to go out and give yourself a breather and indulge in some "me-time" so you can last longer leh! Hope your boy will be fine soon.

I dun hv any links to share, but you may want to see if CNA has any reports? They normally will have news mentions of such stuff if it is indeed true.

Happy, hv fun in Perth! And yes, like wad Catmomo says, take care to give water or maybe a small candy for them to suck during take off and landing so the ears dun pop painfully later.

DJ mama,
hehe agree totally. u r a great mum and u hv my support man. it will be tough in the beginning during the transition coz Mer is used to maternal granny but I am sure she will adapt well after a week. good luck in finding a good maid. good luck good luck =) i remember someone once said it's about luck when it comes to employing maids. good luck sweetie! =)

mummies,
should we celebrate our kids' 2 year old birthday together nex yr after LNY? LNY is from 3-17th Feb, meaning we can consider 19th/20th/26th/27th Feb?

we can get an outdoor place like botanical garden and let them play together just for the sake of it. at least they know they had friends whose mummies are friends too =)

let me know if you are interested, i don't mind planning the logictics (toddler's food/decoration/toys) with another mummy's help if possible =)
the thought of it excites me, hehe =)

I like the idea starbright!
My boy b-day 23rd heee. We book downstairs Fernvale also can?

I was thinking we can pool up the funds and org a fun party for the babies haaa. excited!

Star Bright,

Yes, I need all the luck I can get man. Hahaha... frankly, the tot of hvg maids really worries me de. I hvn been able to sleep well the past week. The only time I am not stressed over this is when I am working in the office and trying to get my stuff done in time.

Wah, next yr LNY starts from 3rd ah... hmm... then I think we will only hv small family celebration for Mer loh... her's is smack in the middle on the 6th. Haha.

Maybe I shd propose family trip overseas instead, and take it as a celebration for her bday too... muahaha... then no need to stress over losing weight in time. I hv a feeling this coming LNY most auntie will ask me how far along am I, even tho I am quite empty inside! LOL

DJ mama, take care. I know this can stress you up. I felt as stressed too at first. New experience, a stranger in our home. Hopefully, overtime, baby and you will get used to the maid. Don't think too much. Don't rush into getting the maid. Interview them and take your time. I wish you all the luck. Don't think now, work work work first.

happy:
dun worry lah... if xavier has been eating outside food, believe he'll adapt well... my gal never eats outside food at all, tat's why like tat mah...

yah, gd thing u all staying at 1 hotel... then can rest and relax, not so rushed... shd be better lah!

enjoy ur holiday! :p

dj_mama:
i so agree wif u leh! hehe, cos i oso control freak... i generally dun trust domestic helpers too... but of cos, there are gd 1s ard... and fortunate are those who get them!

hmm, u not planning for #2? maybe by then, really got #2 inside? hehe...

dj mama,

naomi and mer can celebrate their birthdays together haha...since im not going back in oct, i'll probably go back in feb for LNY...ive missed celebrating LNY for 2 yrs and if i dont go back next yr, my mom's gonna start nagging cos it'll be the third.

Star bright, yes, hopefully la!

Sheepish, hehehe...ya... fortunate lor! But I also think sometimes its becos they are better able to close one eye than me la. My gfs who are generally more easy going and not so strong-headed, seem to hv no problem with their maid de. LOL.

Wah, dun think so la. Much as I want #2, really not the time now. Sigh.

Sandy, YES! Hahaha... we can bring the girls out for a day of fun and pampering!
happy.gif
Let's start planning soon! Hahaha... so nice hor... when they grow up, they will think it is so sweet!

last nite brought chi mun to playground to celebrate the mid autumn festival. this girl proudly took her singing hello kitty lantern which my mum had bought her in her hand and marched all the way with her head and hand held high, showing off her precious lantern. When walked passed grandmas and aunties, all smiled and looked at her "aiyo so cute holding onto her lantern!". When walked passed kids of her age or older who are playing with firecrackers or candles, kids also looked at her cos she waved her lantern at them then walked away. "See my lantern?" She din wan to put down her lantern until a good 45min later when we got home. then KO not long after. bay tahan her. so "hou lian".

djmama:
I think kids this age is really cute at times. I hope their cute-ness will continue to last!
hey ... glad to hear that you have come to a decision to hire a maid instead. Good lah. Can focus on this aspect now that you have decided
hahaha ... it is good that mer and chi mun can "speak up" when things dropped and etc! Makes our job easier! I like bland food too. Too saltish no good for our health in singapore here lah.
CC - ya ya ... agree with u on safety!! That's one reason why I chose a cc nearby too.
caregivers - Dun worry abt mer. She'll adapt very fast one. Thats wat happened to chi mun. She'll be fine.
curriculum - I think it looks quite structured too! Nice going!! Chi mun doesnt like me to read stories to her. she finds that her mum is one super boring storyteller. she'll take one look at me, then zoom off to find new things to go instead of hanging around with mummy. wat to do. such a nice encouragement from my girl herself.
U are lucky leh. at 4th twinkle star mer's asleep liao. sometimes I sang until hb and I fell asleep first! haiz.

thesimz:
wah ur hb gave u 3 months advance notice that you have to go back to work ah? hahahaha! ok lah. at least he din tell u after u guys come back :p
CC - CC and some playgroup schools provide school bus services - in the morning and later usually at 5pm for full day. Schoolbus fee range can be anything from $80 to even over $200. U can drop the CC an email to enquire, or call them up ask them send u the info. Then ask Mr Google for feedbacks on the shortlisted CC. Then maybe send someone over to take a look at the place. if nice, then maybe pay deposit to register?

Liting/sheepish:
The 18 month old girl case >> http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1080869/1/.html
Sad story. Causes not known yet. Or maybe not reported.
There is a thread discussion on this topic in kiasuparents. Tats where I learnt the news from. Really brought tears to my eyes.
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13825&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

liting:
hope that ur boy is well by now!
my nephew also got bronchitis last week. his mum had to rent the machine to breathe in the medicine to get better. he and chi mun passed the cough/flu/fever virus to each other then back to him again then he got worse than before. They'll take abt 10 days to recover. chi mun even had her phlegm sucked up by PD using tubes on 2 occasions to help her breathe easier. my heart nearly broke to see her suffer so much.
Hey its great that ur boy can say 2-10 backwards!! My girl see me take number flashcards to her she run away from me first.
agree with djamam .. think ur boy is learning to express his tots now.... my girl is also telling me "No" to this and that and everything! hahaa!

happy:
enjoy ur trip!! do share ur trip experience with us when u are back!!

hello mummies, long time never log in, hope everyone is doing well.

I need your advice mummies...I am going to bring my boy to Japan(Fukuoka) this Nov. this is the first time I am bringing him on a flight. so far I only brought him to a 2N cruise but I have many help with my family. I have a few questions and if any mummy can advice:
1. How do you all wash their butt when they poo outside? hubby cannot go into ladies with me(all along I have maid to help me usually). with the cold weather, do we still wash their butt?
2. Do you bring your kid for flu vaccination prior?
3. I read some of you brought cooker to cook porridge. Just white porridge? I was wondering how u all buy raw food. do you feed them before u go out in the morning?
4. Do you still bring stroller out wheather you go? I havent brought stroller out for many months in SG so wondering if need to bring stroller.
5. how much clothes to bring for them? do you bring 1 set for each day or more?
6. during take off and landing of flight, we are suppose to give water or pacifier correct?
7. What things should I bring on flight(~8hr)?
I have 101 qns in my mind. Stress to bring him on flight...thanks for answering my qns

DJ, why worry ahead when your maid is not in yet. but I tell u, i always have a big headache for maids. conclusion is that with old ppl and maids, it just doesnt work out. my mum and maid continues to give me headache and recently got prob again..its never ending..I am so sick of handling them..without a maid, I cant handle the physical stress, with maid I cant handle the mental stress...can die manz. without a kid, life was so peaceful and carefree...now talk about what privacy...sorry let me rant...

AG
Haha... without a maid, you can't made pretty cupcakes for me to drool!!

Hope I can help.. there you go...

1) Perhaps you can consider toilet train him now? If he can poo poo on the toilet bowel, then it will be so much easy for you. I trained Zac for a week and now he poo poo only in the toilet bowl. You can try it out. If really can't, then use wet wipes instead of washing their butt? I think warm water should be available in the toilet just that the drying part may be a hassle. I just came back from a trip in Aug, and I cleaned Zac while he was standing, cos there was no baby changing station.

2) I am a Kiasu parent. He had his jab when he's about 6 month old.

3) I brought along his cereal and bottled food, for baby, just in case. Zac already started on table food.

4) I didn't bring a stroller but I brought along a carrier instead. It was still very tiring to carry him with all his barang barang. So the next trip I am contemplating whether to bring the stroller along.

5) Yup! Only 1 set each day. Bring some washing powder to wash just in case he used more than 1 set.

6) You can give him milk or his water. Zac don't feel uncomfortable during the take off, so I didn't give him any.

7) You can bring some cut fruits or snacks. Download some new games if you are using iphone. Hopefully he will napped after the meal. Try to let him run around the airport and exhaust all his energy before boarding the plane? You can also consider bring your lappy to play some DVD for him to watch?

Happy
Hope you enjoyed your trip ya?

Lonerunner
Thanks a lot! Haha.. will start the short listing soon and hope I can visit the center in Dec!
Your Chimun still so cute as ever ah! Never failed to bring us new stories of her. Keep the stories coming!

AG,

Hmm... normally toilets in Japan are pretty advanced de. So I think it won't be too much of a problem cleaning your boy if he poos outside. When I go out, usually I will go to the toilet for the disabled la if there is no proper changing room. At least when I change Mer, I wun feel stressed with interfering aunties looking or silly youngsters acting like they damn high class. LOL.

I wash Mer's butt everytime she poo de, whether at home or out cuz her bum is abit sensitive.

Think you can consider a lightweight stroller for this trip. I think you might hv a fair bit of walking to do. Those v light n cheap type will do I think.... Mine's from infantino... and its light enuff for me to lift with one hand, and still carry Mer on my other arm. And its cool too, so Mer hardly struggles to get out when she is in it.

Maids - I am worried la. 1001 things to worry. If its a maid to help my mum I hv lesser worries, at the most just put up with my mum's nags nia... but becos MIL is new to my house, to Mer, then the maid is also new, its like too much new stuff to adjust to and manage all at the same time!

Now, seems like I wun get a maid until at least mid-Nov after all the waiting etc etc. After seeing a dozen agencies, looking at over a hundred biodatas online, we came down to 3, and seems like we r pretty set on one already. Just waiting to phone interview her lor. Hopefully things work out la. Else really headache cum waste time, money, energy and my annual leave!

harlo mummies.. so long i didn't posted liao..

DJ, getting a maid is headache.. a good one can really help.. but getting a good one need lots of luck.. during the interview muz state your requirment (eg: no handphone).. and make sure u ask open end question... i got fren the maid only know "yes, yes,yes" during the interview... turn out her english really limited that why she only ans yes... haha.. i also searching for new maid.. my ahmina going back this nov..

AG, a stroller is definately useful if and only your little one wan to sit on it.. since u mention that u seldom use stroller maybe u can try using it now.. my fren's son refuse to sit on the stroller during oversea trip.. end up it become white elephant.. food wise.. i get noel lots of dried apple and i also got him the pigeon precook porridge.. can get it in kiddy palace.. noel is also taking table food.. but i ensure it's not too salty or oily for him.. sometime i will request a glass of warm water to wash first.. haha.. KS mummy hor.. poo poo wipe.. i bring noel go genting, he scream the firsttime i try to clean his butt.. then i release how cold it is.. then i used a the warm water to soak the wipe first b4 cleaning..

wow sim, zac is toilet train.. so good.. noel only know how to say poo poo after he is done.. aiyo... how u train him... share...

so many mummies bring the little on oversea.. noel furthest is genting only.. but he love that place.. and was so amazed by the cool air and theme park..

thanks mummies,
jovan is also taking table food now but it depends on the food. sometimes if he dont like it, he will not eat or eat very little. I just thought of those thermal pot,maybe it will be good if I buy a small one and can leave it overnight and next day he will have hot porride..humm
hey simz, how u train ur boy to let u know before he poo? mine only inform me after he poo.

simz you are right, without a maid, I cant even afford to bake at all. hey mrs lim, you know what, having the maid to promise no hp and off-day also no use. like mine, we agreed before she came over and over the 7 months, she already have hp and recently requested off-day. I also got no choice but to give her so everyone will be happy...now I really close both eyes.

Morning Mummies,

Wow AG going to Japan enjoy your trip, suggest u bring a light weight stroller imagine u got to carry Jovan & your shopping bags your arms will break
happy.gif

DJ,

I am also getting a Pilipino maid expecting her to come ard end Oct. Had done my phone interview & also get my Philpino colleague to speak to her telling her my expectation & what's she required to do. I am getting a mature one 36yrs old with kids then have to spend $$ install webcams.

Childcare
My son just settle down at his childcare for the first 2wks he cries when I leave him there super heart ache. Now he will follow teacher & give me goodbye kiss. My son is the youngest in his childcare so the Teacher, Jie Jie & Kor Kor super dote on him he's there for 3wks+ & can tell tat his vocal improves alot can speak more words might be due to peer pressure so he needs to speak up what he wants.

hey DJ, how light is your infantino stroller and where to buy it? haha u know me lah, light I also find heavy.
mrs lim, may I ask for the pigeon precook porridge, dont need to cook is it? just add hot water?

AG, how did your maid get a hp? she went to buy one? Seriously, I am v picky abt that. Last thing I need is her calling boyfriends etc. I plan to draft an agreement on houserules and make her sign it. If she voilate the rules, I will take out to remind her lor. I mean, whats the point of us coming to an agreement only for her to break it? I was thinking letting her call home once a week, is that too little?

I bought my infantino at the recent taka bb fair leh... it was cheap lor 29.90 only.... hahaha... the color not fantastic la, yellow and navy blue. but then its one of my best buys. Mer will sit in it when we go market, hawker centre, shopping etc. No fidgeting, no dangerous leaning, not struggling to get out. and its light, I can lift the stroller with both hands in front, facing Mer when she is seated inside, and easily too.

BB Yang, where did you get your maid? You know, I went to a "reputable" agency in lucky plaza ytd, I almost died. Aiyo, sundays are really no good for going there, just like we shd nv step feet in little india on sat nites.... so many ppl! If anything I really am no good with crowds. They stress me up big time. In the end, we headed to bukit timah instead. At least I felt like I could breathe there. LOL.

haiz DJ,she got relative(who is PR and have a NZ hubby)and she came to pass her things and gave her hp. I also let her sign agreement but still like that.haiz what to do, I change until I scared and since she can do things, I just have to close my eyes.

AG,yes the porridge just pt the packaging in hot water then can eat liao.. quite a few favors.. but its not cheap.. and made in japan.. just wondering can u get from japan..

DJ,

The Agency name Yishun Employment service quite good, Fee: $388 Unlimited replacement for 2yrs.
I also cracking my head how to handle the maid when she comes its my first time too.

ag_gal:
1. japan quite child-frenly, like wat dj_mama said... most places got changing table, even e car rental place we went... but u'll have to manage on ur own if no other female going wif u... i used wet wipes, cos i cannot manage washing my gal's bum alone - too heavy on 1 hand liao... if u wanna wash, but scared of e cold... no worries, most places seem to have warm water too...

2. i din vaccine my gal prior to e trip, as am not a fan of flu jab... even when i asked pd wat to give to build up her immunity, he oso said no need supplements...

3. japan got supermarkets mah, so we bought e raw materials there... only brought rice... then i put both lunch and dinner portions into e food jar, which will continue to "cook" and oso keep warm... then again, i only managed to cook twice for her lah... e rest of e time, more convenient to juz give table food...

4. hmm, some places gd to have stroller... we din bring stroller, so we took turns using carrier... even wif ergo, it was still strenuous on e back... so gd to bring a light-weight stroller bah... if i knew abt dj_mama's buy, i would have bought 1 too and brought to japan wif us! e reason why we din bring ours, cos it's a rd trip and there's not enuff boot space...

5. i was very kiasu wif e clothes, cos afraid they'll be dirtied lah then scared cold lah... in e end, din need so much... thinking back, i probably would have brought lesser... then keep aside those cleaner after wearing clothes... if need, then re-wear them lor...

6. yup, i gave water and snacks during takeoff and landing...

7. i brought quite a lot of things on e flight leh... think it's better tat u go thru e day's events in ur mind, then u'll noe wat u need... things like milk powder, snacks, toys, pajamas, diapers... something else, 1st aid kit - wif all e medicine, thermometer, syringes etc...

hi mummies! we decided to go taipei instead of tokyo eventually. Just booked our SQ tickets for last week of Oct! Cant believe that we are finally going for holiday! Now have to download lots of high5 and bring snacks to keep this terror still onboard! I really hope that everything will go fine. I cant wait to go!!!

yesterday I brought this terror to a ex collegue's twin full mth celebration. while we were there ah, this terror saw my ex collegue's 3yrs old girl seating on those kids plastic chair. immediately she slowly start to approach this jiejie, first to get her attention(make friends), then to try squeeze/snatch/push her out of the chair. Apparently this terror has a soft spot for chairs like this and wants the chair. Unfortunately this jiejie is those super big size one. of course this super skinny 8.5kg girl wont be able to push the jiejie off like wat she did to my 12kg nephew lah (she won only cos my 17mth old nephew is still very unsteady on his feet).

Seeing that her chair is under attack, this jiejie immediately slided off, grabbed her chair, and moved to another area of the hse. This terror still dun give up leh! she continued to eye jiejie's movements and 'chase' her around the hse for 1 good hour before she decided to give up. So she took her shoes from outside, sat on the floor, put on her socks and shoes, and then pulled her mummy urgently towards the door. "Since I cant have the chair, lets leave!" So mummy have to say her goodbyes and to leave the place within seconds. Wat a terror!

ag:
Hey which area in fukuoka are u heading?
happy.gif
if u got time to spare, go Yufuin. It's a lovely small town great for onsen, surrounded by mountains and greenary! a very lovely and relax place. the last time we went to kyushu, I realised that they seldom have escalator or lifts! We have to carry our heavy luggages whenever we going into their subway then up again! goodness! Now I very scare of their accom that says "10min walk" cos it would means a 20min walk with luggages overcoming the underpasses etc!
agree with djmama n sheepish. toilets in japan are very advance one. got seat warmer, butt washer, music, bb seat inside each cubical ....!
Food - I am intending to give table food to the terror when we are in taipei. Will look for rice based or non oily type of noodle soup if I can. Otherwise she'll have to drink FM. :p But Fukuoka food is quite saltish. maybe can order those don meals so that got plain rice to go with some dishes? Or buy those instant bb food/porridge?
Flight time - Fukuoka I think only abt 6hrs flight? they are 1hr ahead of us.
Things to bring aboard - my sil told me to bring the entire medicine kit with 2 digital thermometer (hers din work well in cold weather previously), spare change of clothes/sweater (with separate top and bottom), diapers, snacks, FMs, toys, water flask, iphone, MP4, netbook etc,
butt - intending to use wet wipes. worked well for us when we were in batam previously.
stroller - not taking. carrier - maybe.
clothes - I'm not a good estimator on the amt of clothes this terror will most prob wear. for adults, 2 days 1 set also will do in cold weather. we dun perspire much in the cold anyway.
Most importantly ... pls buy personal insurance. in case sick also can claim if required.

djmama:
hope tat u can short list maid soon!

bbyang:
glad to hear that ur boy is adjusting well to CC!

sheepish:
sorry can I check with u .. on SQ flight, what do they serve for "child meal for infant" and "postwearning meal"? Cant find details on the help icon leh. Which option is the nicest ah?

lonerunner,

i tried both meals before. funny thing was i chose child meal for infant when naomi was younger, and postweaning meal when she was older and it was kinda funny because postweaning meal is meant for younger babies

for the postweaning meal, the food is still very mashed up like pureed veges, mash potatoes and salmon flakes. on the side also includes a packet of fresh milk. on our flight, she had mashed lentils and some other veggies and it didnt taste very nice (somehow i can taste some "curry" although it wasnt spicy)

child meal for infant is actually for toddlers (but still under 2yo) that have been on solids for quite awhile. the food includes fish finger and pasta or roast potatoes (requires chewing). on the side they have a packet of fresh milk, a packet of ribena juice, packet of ribena candy, kit kat or some other chocolate stuff (i cant remember exactly cos it was quite awhile ago). for me, the child meal for infant is nicer since the food is normal table food and they definitely tasted more yummy than postweaning meal. hope this info helps
happy.gif

thanks sheepish, may I know why you dont like flu vaccine? Sandy my advisor, should my boy take flu vaccine? I also very kia su with clothes. I like him to wear a new set everyday incl pj but I know I cant and also same jacket everyday haha.

yeah lonerunner,i know japan have lots of staircase. without a kid, I cant even cope with my own lugguage, cant imagine with him, a stroller, and 3 lugguages? hey how many luggages do you all usually bring? I dont think I will go Yufuin, cant even enjoy the hot spring with that little one. I will just stay in the city area and probably 2 days of outlet mall shopping
happy.gif

thanks sandy, I didnt know there's postweaning meal on flights, in fact I never thought of the food he will eat on the plane. btw, can we request for another set of meal say if my boy doesnt like the first choice?

hey BBY, u know what. you will not know if the agency is good or not until you have changed maids with them..haha this is based on experience :p

DJ, is this the stroller you have? its selling at $39.95 at toyrus. but up to 2yo only.
4550657.jpg

ag_gal,

naomi had her flu vaccine at 12 mths old. actually if you believe in vaccinations, flu vaccine is good. initially i didnt believe in flu vaccine for myself but i had to take it because i went to hk during the peak of the flu season...at the same time i was preggy but not aware...then for the next 2 yrs, i did not fall sick at all even when everyone around me is having flu. now 2 yrs have lapse and im due for another vaccine, i started having flus again and having difficulties recovering. i was sick for almost 2 weeks and the symptoms lingered till now, and she didnt catch from me and i attributed it to the flu vaccine..after that she kena kissed by her classmate in class and got some cough and runny nose..she recovered within 1 week without any medication, compared to me...she recovered super fast.

in terms of meals on board, each child is only allowed 1 set so even if he doesnt like, cannot change
sad.gif
so gotta choose well.

thanks sandy, I think I will bring him go for the flu vaccine cos me very 'kai si'. come to think about it, I think I had it last year during the h1n1 peak period..oops did I

AG, mine looks like that but not so pretty. Can take up to 25kg I think and it was only 29.90. You have to go see it yourself leh. Some of them looks the same but much heavier. The ones at Mothercare, i found them really heavy.

Hello,

Long din login. been v busy at work. going for a biz trip this sun to LA and salt lake city. i v de sian! there is an outlet mall abt an hour from my hotel but no time for shopping at all. very cham! i'll quit job next year be a sahm!

looks like everyone is going for holiday b4 our tots turn 2! din know flu vacinne can be given to young tots. thanks for sharing. will find out fr PD as we r going to HK in oct and Melbourne in Nov.

I didn't know the flight provide food for the baby! So far, no one gave zac any food except toys, even though, one of the long haul we bought a seat for him. Then, my was not SQ.. it's Lufthansa and British Airway. Very bad experienc with British Airway cos was being asked to pay 30 pound for my luggage that was exceed by 3kg. Another time, we checked in a tin of 2kg milk powder in another bag, however, the 2nd leg of the flight, which is british airway, wants us to pay 40 pound as every passenger was only allowed to check in 1 bag. Despite asking them to throw away the small bag, they said that's not the option. The only other option they gave us was to checked out those 2 luggages and hand carry into the plane!

Toilet train
Actually I didn't really start toilet train him. As I am alone with him most of the time, he'll go where ever I go.. including toilet time. I think that's how he knows that poo poo is going to the toilet bowl. The urine part still in progress. I will bring him to the toilet to pee at a regular interval. So you can let the child go without diaper and timed the 1st and the 2nd pee to see what's the interval time. Is there any other way that mummies can share on how to toilet train?

Lonerunner
If I were you, I will be very rest assured/happy that she will not be bullied in the CC. Haha..

AG
I think new set of clothes everyday should be not a problem.. you can always shop there!! Hee.. Should be able to buy lots of new and nice clothes over there.
If you are bringing the stoller, keep us updated on how you manage ok? Cos like what sheepish had said, it was very strenuous on e back with the ergo carrier I bought.

sandy I was telling my hb about ur situation about the flu vaccine and he highlighted something, cos you mention after 2yrs of ur vaccine, you get flu easily. will taking this flu vaccine actually cause our body system to get use to it and we will need to continue to take it moving forward...what do you think?

hey ask u all, for umbrella stroller, we cant hang our bag rite? thanks for letting me know your thoughts...I know I am so lor soh:p

lonerunner:
hehe, sandy answered ur qn oreidi! i think dun go for post-weaning meal lah, looks gross... on our flight to hokkaido (although on jal), i gave my gal child meal too... quite nice, surprisingly she ate a bit although it's rice...

ag_gal:
maybe cos i feel getting flu/colds is part of life, and tat'll build up her immune system? more imptly, cos it usually is not life-threatening... not like those other vaccinations we have to give... actually, i oso struggle wif regards to all vaccinations... if can, i dun even wanna give at all.. but yet, i dun wan to blame myself if something happens... so i give e others lor...

anyway, i brought my gal to not 1 but 3 onsens! she enjoyed herself tremendously, even wanna drink e water! make all those obasans so worried! only thing is, she always cried subsequently when i bathed her... dunno why...

then hor, if jovan doesn't like his child meal... ask them for bottled bb food! it's heinz... then if u wan some more, ask them to give u if still available after e flight... can save money if u dun mind giving bottled food!

deedee:
buy online and send to ur hotel? at least save on shipping... anyway, buying online sometimes cheaper than buying at e place itself... except outlet, of cos... but things like dvds, supplements can buy online...

the_simz:
tat's becos it's sq and jal! asian airlines typically are more service-oriented, but ang moh airlines... dun expect anything from them and their stewardess!

sandy/sheepish:
Thanks for the meal info! Think I'll go for child meal for infant since it looked and tasted more yummy. haha! I din know that child's meal can be so confusing!

AG:
I am planning to bring only max 1 luggage bag and 1 handcarry bag for bb stuff. And take only the minimum! Else ah, I think we sure have problem trying to tug our bags while carrying this 8.5kg toddler! Back can break one! :p if clothes not enough either buy or wash there liao. no choice. must travel light.

But how are u planning going to carry a stroller and 3 bags and a toddler?? Not easy leh! Maybe at airport u can look for buses to get to city? At least no need to keep pulling 1 bag at a time down the escalator/stairs, then go up again to repeat the entire process until all bags are at the bottom. Just dump everything at the bus' storage compartment can liao. haha! We did that when we went yufuin by bus direct from airport. 1hr later we are there. no fuss. very comfortable. and cheap :p If you can, do reconsider! It's really a lovely place! you'll wan to go back there again one. :p
City lotta nice food, esp those yatai streetside pushcarts selling cooked food! I loved them! Bet u cant wait to go! hahahaa!

thesimz:
thanks for the reassurance! lets see how things go after she goes cc! haha!

sheepish:
ya I agree with u on the angmo airlines. I still prefer our very own SQ or asian airlines. :p

ag_gal:
think for flu vaccine, every yr is against different strains...

lonerunner:
no prob!

i oso luved e rdside stalls! e fukuoka ppl are so hospitable! while we were there, there was a group of bizmen there eating too... when they found out we were from sg, they kept ordering food and drinks for us... on them!

sheepish:
oh ya .. they are really very hospitable!! It's the ppl that made our trip really memorable! You are very lucky! Food and drinks on them! hahaa!

I still remembered the very 1st roadside stall selling noodle soup ... super long Q that started snaking at 6pm .... the next evening we went kpo and Q up. hahahaa! turned out to be very nice leh :p

deedee:
oh u are heading 2 places within 2 months! So lucky! I missed melbourne! Enjoy your trip!!

ag_gal,

actually that was my first ever flu vaccine and before that, or rather since young, i get flu very easily because i have rhinitis and it takes a very long time to recover. when i had my flu shot, viola, i was so happy because i felt my immunity was really stronger and i thought my rhinitis has left me. only when 2 yrs have lapsed and i started to fall sick again have i realised that it was the flu vaccine that helped. no wonder my gynae was advising me to take flu vaccine when she heard that i have allergy rhinitis..but before she told me, i already took so it was a good move. now im contemplating again cos im scared of needles lol :p...but do check with your PD if there might be a chance that jovan will develop flu after the jab because depending on the type and strain of vaccine, some has to activate itself by presenting flu symptoms first. for naomi she did not fall sick after the jab although i was on standby and prepared that she will show symptoms but lucky theres none. if ur pd says there might be a chance, then better to give the flu vaccine soon (if you decided to) so that by the time he goes for the trip, he'll be well already. as for the umbrella stroller, can hang bags but only if the child is in the stroller. once u remove the child, the stroller might topple backwards if your bag is too heavy. happened to me a couple of times....haha

the simz,

i agree with sheepish that ang mo airlines are less service-oriented than asian airlines...i didnt have good experience with united airlines, especially the flight from tokyo to san fran and the other domestic flights. but it was quite ok between sin and toyko since the cabin crews were asians. and i agree that BA is also terrible lol..

sandy, sheepish, lonerunner
Ya! Totally agree on this! This is the first time of my life I have to see the 'face colour' of the cabin crews. I have to give them the smile so that I can get what I requested. Haiz.. Too bad for me.. I need to take all the domestic flights for the next 1 year.. COUNTING DOWN to go back home!

So many ppl heading out for holidays! I am heading for holiday too, and it's to Singapore! It probably doesn't sound very excited to you mummies.. but I am so excited to come back home!

I agree..I took BA before and the stewardess are like so eager to pass the stuff to you without a smile and their food is no good...cold and hard sandwich. and all the pasengers are ang moh so sianz.sq is still the best.

lonerunner, ur gal very light hor 8.5kg only. jovan is 10.5kg and is on ~30% percentile...is your gal underweight? hb and i were thinking of taking cab from airport to hotel which cost about $30sgd according to his colleague. haha i tell u,usually I will be the one carrying my boy and hb got to handle all the lugguages and barrang...wahaha
sheepish, kids can go onsens, I was thinking kids wouldnt be allowed? when they get out of the water, wouldnt it be too cold...cos its winter.

AG:
oh ur poor hb! heehee .. not easy to manage luggages! wahahaha! luckily u siam this aspect! :p
yeah I'm lucky in the sense that my girl is considerably light at 8.5kg! haha! But my back often feels like breaking whenever we bring her out. Luckily she wants to walk until she's tired so no need to carry her all the time. She is quite small sized and skinny. We have skinny genes in the family. PD said she's fine, so ok lor. Let her be :p

Taking cab ah? SGD$30? very cheap leh! I tot take cab is ex in japan! How far is the hotel away from airport?

thesimz:
holiday back to singapore ... hehehe ... isnt that a lovely tot? can eat chilli crabs and roti plata and chicken rice when u are finally home!

sandy:
if take flu jab now, is it too late before we leave for taipei?

lonerunner:
think i oso saw e long queue stall, but we went to a yakitori stall instead... yah, they paid for our subsequent food and drinks... those we ordered before knowing them, we paid ourselves lah...

ag_gal:
can leh, my hb checked... but of cos, u must be sure tat jovan doesn't poo inside lah... for me, i'm quite sure tat my gal doesn't poo in water... so i bring her lor...

hmm, there are indoor onsens... so it'll be warm... but of cos, not as shiok... some onsens have pte rms for family use... so u, hb and jovan can go in together... then got each other's help oso... i brought my gal to those public 1s, outdoor and indoor... and we oso went to a pte 1 for family, but gotta pay extra lah...

wah sheepish sounds interesting...let me go read up or you have any recommendations? actually its interesting, I thought no one goes to fukuoka for holiday but both of you been there before.

Back