(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

i bought the rocio cot too.. also prefer white.. bt bobian lo cos think the wood they use is quite good.. hv to compromise..

the bedding needs to be able to fit a 28" x 52" mattress.. realised that cot bedding is so expensive.. haiz...

Piyobaby, Ni, yes must check the size of the mattress before u buy bedding, otherwise buy the flat sheets and not the fitted sheets. For the Rocio cot, I did ask the lady what if I need to change a new mattress, is it standard size? She said she can't say that its the same size as others so to be safe I need to buy from them again if I need to change.

NI, i am getting a playpen too. most likely hand me down one. i intend to put baby there for nap time, playtime, when i am bathing..etc.

for night time, i will put him to cot to sleep.

sel, thanks for updating on mattress size, i am so itchy to buy bedding set.

ya u are right, bedding set so exp. cheapest i found so far is from aussino during sales, $69.90.

cheekygal: that time i saw from the fair they selling abt $50....or maybe u can check at the expo john little fair see got cheaper 1 anot

Pinkie: I agree with you on the playpen and cot issue. Now I have to makesure my in laws don't let my baby sleep in the playpen when he goes over cos apparently they got one from some neighbour. Grrrrrr

Suika, SIDS is sudden infant death syndrome. It cannot be prevented but you can reduce the risk of it happening like good sleep positioning, co-sleeping, reducing secondhand smoke, good bedding, reducing cot bumper pads, using pacifiers and sleeping bags. Can search on the internet. For bedding, try to use those mattress with good ventilation which allows air to flow through so even if bb turn on his stomach to sleep, less risk of him suffocating. Anti dustmite not as important.

pirate...the Rocio sales gal told mi it's the standard size of normal cot wor.....nevertheless safer to get the dimension right b4 buying...

cheekygal....like the bedding set from aussino...so nice...hee

Cheekygal, yeah I know storeberry has popped! So exciting! Now the sept mtbs are popping, next will be oct, nov, dec and then it will be our turn!!!

piyobaby: ya, expo john little sales have a lot of clothing but only a few for newborn, they sell pillow, bolster, wet wipers, etc... but no diapers.

suika: I have forgot the brand of the stroller, go home ask my hb, is reversible handle, salesgirl said for newborn to 4 yrs old...

JS: My mum said is a good buy too..

NI: I like the ausino bedding set, feel very comfortable...

piyobaby, nods it is nice and cute. wait for their next sales, then can get it. not too sure if aussino members are entitled to extra discount off. hehe

pinkie, i see the sept mommies and august mommies are popping earlier than EDD. at most 2 weeks earlier or even 4 weeks.

samval,
i only bought the bean husk pillow leh.. the normal ones will come FOC with my rocio cot.. so no need to buy..

i also waiting for aussino sales.. gotta save money..

willting....might not go afterall cos not sure wat to buy unless we buying the cot....

pirate & cheekygal...storeberry had a scheduled c sect and is having very good milk supply now...

Piyobaby, haha, I purposely ask this question and its the only question that I ask so I think the salesgirl really don't dare to anyhow say some more my face was not very happy. But I purposely asking abt the mattress only la. The bedding is more or less standard, just don't buy fitted sheets if not exactly the same size. More or less 1 inch shld be ok if flat sheet.

samval...I heard dat babies dun require pillows to sleep on..not sure how true is dat...as for bolsters I have no intention to buy too cos too young for it...beta to have lesser stuff in the cot / playpen...

cheekygal...im not too sure but would have thot 69.90 is the usual price for their bedding set...cant rem the member's discount oso...so far hardly see any discount/sales for it....

me prefer to get playpan so when older can convert and just throw some balls in there for bb to play. i had a cot before but sold it away cos no use. it can be converted into a junior bed, but my gal din use much cos its wooden and she kept knocking her leg lor. and i find it not practical cos kids grow very fast and the junior bed size is the same as cot size.

WillTing: i'll pop by tml to john little there to see after my DS...then decide from there ba

samval: i've got the chest bolster liao

pirate..hw come ur face not happy lei? im actualli asking more on the dimension of the bb cot which she say is standard lor...but I shd say the mattress looks real good...think cost (( over the fair....we might have a handown so din buy in the end....scare the mattress so might not fit...

If you have the basinet attatchment with the playpen, that will solve the issue of having to bend too low! However only suitable for first 6 months, as safer to place lower once bb can sit up!

I used playpen for my first, and intend to for 2nd too! I find after putting in a good matress, it is very stable.

I did have a cot, but I found it very dangerous when bb was learning to stand (8/9 months old), would fall back from standing position, and hit back of head on e wooden cot railings. Got bumper also no use coz it doesn cover e top part, unless you make sure bb never ever try standing inside.

For this purpose, the playpen was my option, as even if fall, its just netting at e sides, and e frame is all padded =)

Just sharing my experience n preference =)

actually read that babies also no need pillow, but then last time when we first went for Wong BB's class, she told us to get a flat pillow so can alleviate bb's head slightly, so the bb wont choke on saliva and aft drinking milk if regurgitate, then the milk wont flow back to the throat. she said it explains why in hosp when they put newborns in the small little cot (whatever its called - the one with wheels), you will notice that the shape is slightly tilted (the head portion is tilted upwards). dunno how true.

samval...dats rather interesting for mrs wong to share getting a flat pillow...would have thought she will not advise in getting one...

samval: My boy is now 3, n till now still not using a pillow, has he is used to going without.

I did hear that during cold or flew it helps to place a pillow 'under' the mattress, to give it that tilt, so nose will not get too congested.

I do that when my son used to get stuffy noses, as feel safer than the pillow.

suika..ur wangwang very cute in the playpen...he must be thinking it's a kind of punishment to be confined to the playpen...haha

samval: But of course, got to use a flat pillow, not those very big ones! Need to get just a slight elevation at e head area.

Piyobaby, I was not happy to hear that I should go back to their company to buy new mattress - what if they close down or what if they don't sell anymore (the mattress is not made by them - from another supplier). I didn't say out these things la, just face not so happy. I appreciate she is being honest lor. In the end she said if I want to get mattress from elsewhere, can alter (cut short) to fit if necessary. Anyway I still bought because all cots will be slightly different also la.

At first don know whether to buy playpen or baby cot, baby cot look very expensive..
since the sales quite worth it, so give a try..
so far i havent bought anything for bb except sterilize..

piyo: thats what she said lor, 7 years back lah. my kids's PD told us to place the bb to sleep on its side and the bolster is actually to put behind the baby, so they wun roll back. cos he said sleep on the back tends to choke as saliva runs down the throat. but if read from internet, they said put bb to sleep on back. kinda contradicting. but we always put on side.

I placed bb on back, but head alwyas role to one side. I find that if always place on back, bb have tendancy to get flat head at the back, dont look so nice! So remeber to keep changing sides as well in the first few months while skull still soft!

pirate...usualli they will recommend buying from them back again which is usual...it's just dat not too sure whether the coconut husk mattress is available eslewhere....for dimension wise...most brands shd have a few different sizes to choose from...

samval..neber knew there are so many different school of thoughts...guess depend on individual to follow which one...mayb can attend mrs wong's classes 1st before deciding to buy or not....

willting...same here...so far the major items bought only the steriliser....the rest will wait...

Samval: i'm small in built so 3kg baby is considered big for me although its normal.
happy.gif

Piyobaby ya usually they will say buy from them but I wanted to know whether other mattress can fit or not and she say that she dunno. So that's why I said its not really all mattress standard size.

suika: Dr Adrian calcium pills need to pay extra, not in the package and now they also charging GST.....now the fish oil cost $32.10. Still thinking wan to switch to Zill's recommendation or not....

Back