(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

mercsboy, i tot of buying diapers earlier when i spot any sales/offers.
but i scare if keep too long, will the adhesive wear off?

cheekygal : no prob. =) my MIL saw the recipe fm newspaper when i was preggie with my #2. I tried & it helps. =)

merscboy : now think of all of the $ i oso scared... + we're hiring a maid... so can't imagaine... then during the hospital stay pple will come & sell their photo package & those hand & foot prints package. We did for #1 & #2, if dun do for #3, like very unfair... worse still, my co only pay variable bonus in Mar...

cheekygal : sorry, in case i confuse u - I mean yes, it's fm peter pan. They are 'stationed' at Mt A to sell the package. =)

mercs: dont think u kiasu leh. its good planning. i also would rather each month buy bit by bit also then not so heartpain. btw what brand diapers u buy? cos my advice is dun buy so many especially diapers, cos we wont know if the brand is suitable for bb or not lor.

cheekgal: diapers i think wont la, anyway its keep for a few mths only then can start using liao. i think should be more worried about the wet wipes, but so far i store those cheap wet wipes (dog use), for a few mths also never dry up leh as long as never open.

gelato: ya lor, i tried not to think about the money for now, so i try and buy whatever i can now, at least not so heartpain the money. me also most likely engaging a maid, if really, it will be more tough, now my expenses just nice still have spare, but with the baby, i have to give up alot alot of things, confirm no savings liao. oh the photo package, i dont think i want to spend those money la, next time also stored in the storeroom, like wedding photos

sus & cheekygal: i'm oso like u gals having dizzy spells....my gynea tells me to intake abit more sugar...like taking ribena etc...heehee given permission to drink that wor...so happy :p

piyo: aren't u at home? how come fell dwn...pls b more careful esp now u alone at home

Willting: Baby cot selling at 299? Was thinking of going dwn see tml after my DS....what's the brand of the stroller? light n good? i've got 2 passed down strollers at home liao ley...my guestroom now full of baby's passed down stuffs wor.... but no baby's clothes ley...haizz

Rachel: congrates on having a boy too....

Wah...so many have decided on names...i still no idea....share something happy to u all....yest was lying on the sofa n felt uncomfortable inside tummy...like water moving feeling....then my hb go put his head on my tummy....he says can hear something wor...he says can hear baby's heartbeat.....quite clear ley...

So happy that i can sense he's starting to acknowledge baby's presence now :)

samval: really ah, i tot i am kiasu leh. i bought 2 packets only, one mamy poko and one drypers. i tot want to buy another packet of Pet pet/huggies ultra to try lo. clothings all i think is enough already, misc stuff like breast pads, bottle nipples, cotton wool/buds, powder all i buy already. like tat still not kiasu ah...

there seems neverending stuff to buy u know...haiz...and all the baby stuff i spend my own money, only my package and additional checks/tests i asked my hubby to pay. its really alot of hidden costs.

samval, i am thinking of mamy poko and pampers for newborn.
when baby is little older, i will use cheap ones like EQ, Nepia or Sealer.
not sure if i spelt sealer correctly.

mercsboy: I also start slowly buy the things for BB now. Juz got another 3 bottle of Tollyjoy wet tissue from Jusco. Only RM16.90, which is only S$7.20. I also bought the bath mat from Annaku only RM12.90...

wow. so many posts! heee. i am so happie today, cos i am on MC! finally a day to rest @ home. LOL. tomorrow on leave for the DS! Wee wee.. what a short week for me! hahaha

i was thinking of chinese name for my boiboi as "Yi Xuan", does it sounds too girly???? just like the word xuan1... hahaha.

mercsboy, you are not kiasu! i also bought huggies diapers for newborn already! hahaha. boughht 2 packets from the taka baby fair. hahaha. cos i think got discounts or free gifts. LOL. we belong to kiasu mummies category!!!

since today on mc, maybe head down to tampines mall to see see look look, if got any gd deals for bb... =)

oh yeah MTBs... if you all got read "Mother & Baby" magazine, they giving one packet of free Tollyjoy Baby Wipes. I just got it. lol

mercsboy: i think those things you buy are quite ok. ya i also intend to get diff brands of diapers to try out too. i think dont buy so many newborn size cos will outgrow fast. maybe 3 packets newborn size then some S size. they are more of less the same size.

cheekygal: i intend to use Drypers brand cos its economical lor. Then later older can still maintain the same brand too.. i think drypers now come out with NB size liao. last time no have.

things like wipes,i still have for my younger gal, and wont be buying till later lor. for powder/cotton wool me still have cos my 2 gals using lor..

now problem is where to store the diapers?? store room no space liao. children's room full of thier stuff.. headache.

samval: I had bought a 4 tier drawer from Toyogo....I keeping all the stuff inside now. The drawer now very ex, cost $60...

suika: I went to the link u sent me for the night clothing, but I think my hse computer got problem so cannot send email. How u order? u still had the email for the seller?

NI : which "xuan" r u using? isit a "che" & a "gan" add together 1? i like that wrd very much too!

sperzz : my fren recommend this "GOON" brand to me too.. i think it's the same site. She says it's very good. I think price wise, it's quite reasonable too. For me, i m so used to "Fitti", so juz stick to it.

cheekygal: dont buy newborn, the hospital should give u one packet...and u see some brands SMALL size starts from 3kg also...like mamy poko. nepia is japanese brand leh...its not cheap also, cheaper brands think is pet pet/drypers.

gelato. i should think its that word. my cheena language is very very lousy one leh... but is that "xuan" word too girlish???

mercsboy, i bought 2 packets of dryers for newborn leh... i know hospital MT A, give 1 packet of pampers for the newborn.. but is one packet enuff??? i think babies change diapers like nobody business.. hahha.

sperzz, i bought it from the newstand leh... been indulging in alot of mother/baby magazine. waste $$$. haha

Samval : during my boy's early days, we bought drypers too, but only let him use in the day, cos the absorbency not so good. At night, we can't change so frequently for him, then we switch him to Pampers Premium (which is very good, but very ex). After a few mths, when his poo poo is more consistent, then we switched him to Fitti - upto now, still using. I think it depends on baby's skin oso. Some babies are very sensitive, then will need to use better diapers... otherwise, i think cheap ones will do.

sperrz : where did u get ur Toyogo fm? i think there's a wholesale ctr in Toa Payoh, not sure if it's cheaper there?

samval: i also bought nappy, and nappy liners, the seat for baby those lie down type, bottle washer, shampoo, mittens (more), etc, but i forgotten about hankies, prob go market and buy. now i left big items like playpen, strollers and car seats, mattress. i have 2 empty rooms in my house ma, so i store everything in the room.

sperzz: wah! toyogo stuff so ex!! $60 for those drawers! i used my old cupboard in my mum's house last time, still in gd condition or else i tot go ikea to buy already or vhive.

sperzz: i'm looking for that drawer too...saw at Giant selling almost $70...where u bought urs?

mercsboy: my colleague bought nepia at abt $15 per pkt...she says she tried alot of brands n found nepia not bad wor...on sale time it's like $14 oni so not ex

NI (ninilicious) the mag is out liao??. now a day have been looking around for the magz leh not ever see the mag out yet.. so sad leh..today i will go and search again..

wah, i also din know toyogo can be so expensive???!! hahaha. mayb me should also pop over ikea to buy. but hor, ikea things do not last one huh.

wau, mercsboy, you very prepared wor. me ah.. buy alot alot clothes for bb le, besides that, nothing else. oh yea, and the cot loh... i was thinking of buying the stroller when the bb is out, much older... thats whta my mummy frens advised me. cos they say when young, bb dun go out so often also lar..

cjteng, i still see the mag being sold at petrol stations, 7 elevens, cheers.

NI, i also bought alot of clothes for my baby.
can last up to 1 year. lol

NI : no leh, not girlish at all. I think it's a unisex wrd, but i personally feel that it's more suitable for boys. I thot of naming my #2 Yu Xuan, but my mum say my cousin already used the wrd "xuan", not so nice to be the same... =(

dazed: i am a kiasu mummy...so i prepared alot 1st...i tot spend abit now and then not so heartpain ma...like clothings, buy and buy also can spend a few hundred (but i buy cheapo brands la)

suika: is it...maybe i can get another packet of nepia and one more packet of huggies ultra...haha...damn kiasu isnt it..but that will be maybe 2 mths later, coz this month i bought mamy poko already and it cost $24! heartpain sia..

NI: no..i meaning coz the newborn one up to 3kg ma...then hor, baby born out is 3kg already..so if u buy too many packets wait cannot fit in how...so buy small size, some small size starts from 3-7kg u see...

gelato: ya lor, i also thinking morning use cheap brands, nite time then use more ex one.
u know i even tot of standby one can of formula milk leh...wat u all think??

sperzz: my toyogo drawers all out games and toys wor
happy.gif

mercs: ya toyogo very ex leh. i got mine from giant many years back. was already ex back then.

sigh...still thinking abt storage space. maybe its time to clear the kids' room liao

cheekygal: nappy any shops sell baby stuff shd have, as for nappy liner, u imagine them as panty liner, its just a layer to put b4 the nappy, like tat shit not direct on the nappy, then wash also not so hard ma...

mercs: ya good idea. just 1 can standby can already.. usually can tahan for 2 years lifespan, so think of what brand u want. if i fail in BF, i'd probably choose Similac cos its vegetable oil and the poo poo is softer.

mercsboy, even if use disposable diapers also muz put on the nappy liner??? den the ka cheng wun be very swollen ma???

cheekgal, i think we are shopaholics.. only know how to dress up our babies.. lucky is boiboi ah, if its a bb ger i think i will buy triply more already!

orh.. drypers is having offer at ang mo supermarket in punggol...think at blk638
alot of mummies and daddies buying coz' good offer which round up to less than 20 cents per diaper.

NI: the magazine nice to read or not...u know hor, i went library and borrow those pregnancy books ma, read until i want to sleep, so thick and no pictures one.
i have 2 magazines from motherhood.com.sg, 1 baby plus, one pregnancy plus magazine, very nice and informative leh

babykayden: Sorry I mistaken, the gynae name is Paul Tseng, as mention by another forum member =)

I read that If first was induced, and did not dialate, that actually means your chances are higher! I believe I didnt dialate, coz induce....and maybe baby not ready to come out yet!

So, would advice against induction to anyone, unless no other options!

BTW yr very brave to want to try VBAC, although had a friend go through with it, and said its alot less suffering than a c-sec! Makes me wonder .....?

merscboy : formula, not advisable to buy early. At Mt A, the nurses let us choose what brand we want to give our baby. In case 1 brand not suitable, we can try another brand. So if really need, discharge already then buy the 1 that u know is suitable. For my #1, we supplement her with similac at the hospital, then when we discharge, my hubby hop over to supermarket to buy 1 can (oso can buy fm pharmacy in hospital - but may be more ex). For my #2, my bf was sufficient, so din even buy any formula.

NI: ya, i was telling my hubby tat i wish for a girl for #2 so tat i can dress her up.
u know girls clothings v nice and cute, got hairclips, leggings, cute cropped cardigans, furry boots..etc.

and he replied "ah? the one in yr tummy haven't come out and u are thinking of #2" lol

NI: nappy liners is quite thin type (not as thick as panty liner la), just another protection b4 the nappy. imagine if shit got one more layer, when was also easier isnt it...
clothes i didn buy many sets leh. coz babies grow very fast, and i tried to buy neutral colours too, so tat next one can use also. but mickey clothes are too cute to resist la..

Good morning ladies. So many posts this morning.

I haven't really started shopping. Did buy some cute rompers for my baby when we were in Sydney. Bought him a jumper and tee for CNY when people come to visit. That's about it. I thought I heard my hubby tell me I ought to print out the list and we should start looking at what to buy but I was drifting off to sleep last night. Hahaha There's still the other room that I gota start packing so that we can convert it to baby's room. *pulls hair* I so dread packing.

As for names, we're leaving the christian name to my dad and the chinese name to my hubby's dad. We're quite clueless.

Ni: I was thinking of getting the stroller later too. Baby won't get to go out much. Usually have to be done with all the immunisation and most people carry their babies in a sling first. That's what I hear from others. Hehe

Gelato: I have a male cousin called Yu(2) Xuan(1) meaning Qi(4) Yu(2) Xuan(1) Ang(2) meaning dignified, manly.

mercsboy, the magazine is not only abt pregnancy loh, also abt infants and toddlers... quite informative. but i bought for the tollyjoy wipes. hahaha.

cheekgal, while i was buying clothes for my boy, i cant help but buy 2 lil pieces of girly clothes for my fren (who is expectin a ger in Nov).. we were sayin to exchange clothes for our #2... LOL... BUT my #1, i hope for a boy, and my wish come true, i always wanted a kor kor, so that next time can take care of meimei

Cheekygal: I was just telling my hubby the same thing yesterday too. That I really hope number 2 is a girl cos there's so many pretty clothes to buy her. We were at Isetan Scotts yesterday and walked by the Burberry kids section. The dresses, so pretty! His reaction was: If our number 2 is a girl, confirm spoilt princess. Hahaha

Back