(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

The brochure I got from the gyne says OSCAR consists of NT scan and a blood test. The options given to us were either OSCAR or blood test (aka triple test). Will be going for OSCAR next Monday cuz triple test has higher probability of false positive.

Anyone knows if a full bladder is needed for the NT scan? I was so uncomfortable during the consultation cuz I needed so badly to pee!

Was quite exciting to see bb today, not much movement but gyne pointed out the legs, arms, hands, feet and heart. Much bigger now, 5.3cm.
happy.gif
Decided that we're comfortable w Dr. Kee, he's very fatherly and took his time to give us info and explain things to us, I think we spent almost 30 mins w him.

jade Thks. How many wks are u already? My bump also "grows" during the day.

ashley huh? walk for the whole afternoon? aiyoh.. hope my bb won't make me do that!!

hmm, i dont have oscar test, dont have NT scan also.
weird....
even my first pregnancy also dont have.
only blood test.

dunno want to change gynae anot...

babystarlet: vit c tablets no use for me...my sinus had been following me for years...but however, i still take fruits everyday, like oranges and apples, drink juicest too, no choice or else hard to put put leh.. so i had to use nasal spray to curb, or else well, my flu can make me restless whole day...anyway gynae did mentioned that the nasal spray tat i am using his son also using, so i think its quite mild one..

ashley: huh....walk around ah...when i took the NT scan, gynae just pat my tummy a couple of times...i guess my BB quite cooperative...hope when i go for my detailed scan, he/she will be cooperative la.

de_luxe: no need full bladder, just keep half full la, coz i remember gynae said at least bladder full can scan easier leh, then if require to take urine test leh, no urine how to take...so just maintain???? able to???
ya lor, my last trip to the gynae, i also see my bb not much movement leh, but others got wave hand la, move here move there leh...shit...my bb too lazy..

I have a brand new "My Brest friend" breastfeeding pillow and a tube of Medela PureLan 37g cream to let go. Anyone interested?

mercs oh just half full ok... that's gd, cuz in melbourne before I went for the 1st scan, they told me to drink 600ml of water 2 hrs before and last trip to toilet 1 1/2 hrs before appt time. Yesterday really buay tahan!!

Haha... we both have lazy babies then! Guess they are sleeping lah... usually they sleep during the day cuz our movements like rock-a-bye-baby and when we are asleep at night, they are awake.

Isobellies / Selenal: Thanks for your information. But dont know if they will do it for me since I am coming to 4th mths only. However will give them a call and check it out.

de_luxe: hahaha....i fully agreed that our bb sleeps in the day...coz i'm fine during the day now but when night falls, i starts to puke badly and tummy very bloated cannot get to sleep

Can even feel my heartbeat at my throat....beating very hard and breathless

Had to keep rubbing my tummy telling my bb to calm down.....hahaha

de_luxe: ya...i understand the feeling lor, like my 1st visit to the gynae, i expected him to take urine test to confirm the pregnancy, tats why i had a full bladder, then gynae said full bladder even better can see double clear...but i think hor...now bb big already, no need full bladder also can see...

ya ya...tats why gynae pat my tummy a couple of times when he scan thru lor...think to wake the lazy bum bum up la...i dont see the bb moving though....i hope to see it next visit.

suika: me is after eating lunch/dinner, my tummy is so obvious...today my receptionist still touch my tummy said so obvious liao ah..aiyo

deluxe, I just did oscar last sat. It consists of a scan, urine and blood test. They will key the results into the computer to determine the final result. No need full bladder cos baby is big enough to see already.

do u know how long it takes to know the final results? I forgot to ask gynae the other day. The scan was ok, he checked the skull, stomach, spine, nasal bone, the fold at the back of neck (NT). Hopefully blood test result also ok, very scare to hear the phone ring now.

cherryale my gyne said they'll have the results in 24 hrs. The nurses will call within the next working day or so with the results. Hope it turns out alright for u.

hi mercsboy: i asked my gynae for nasonex but she said that one cannot use for long term. maybe in your case is different cos of your sinus. mine is just common flu.

ladies, checked with my gynae abt the DS test and she said that OSCAR is around 95% accurate. if not choosing that, then go for the NT scan plus blood test. these two combined will be around 90+% accurate also. but save $100 like that lor.

I'm going for my NT scan next week.

mercsboy: mine too...esp in the afternoon onwards, the tummy's pop out...and i'm growing sideways too

even dreamt that my gynea told me i'm too fat then others for my stage...i almost freak out in the morning....guessed that i've been thinking of it every evening when i reach home.....had been a practice since then to reach home and start rubbing my tummy :p

Seems like most of you went for OSCAR? i did mention to my gynea the other day but he brushed me off saying when the time comes they'll arrange for all the tests for me.....so i no ask more

samval: i'm gg for NT scan this thurs...but mine no inclusive of blood test wor...the nurse told me it's oni a scan no blood test

Does anyone know how accurate the EED?? I heard from a few people that usually 1st child will be 2 weeks earlier.

Is it true?

miyuki, it all depends. my 1st one was at 38 weeks, 2nd one at 39 weeks. ppl also say 2nd one will deliver early but bo leh.

suika: the blood test is done at 4th month. me not going for OSCAR. i think your gynae package is quite reasonable. mine is $688 and does not include VITAMINS wor. usually will include rite?

ladies, ask you did any of your gynae draw blood during first trimester (around 8-10 weeks) to test for full blood count? mine never. my this gynae i everything need to ask her one.

samval: my gynea oni ask me to go for NT scan n later at 20wk go for detailed scan...supposingly close to 12wk take blood test but last appt i went alone, scare later faint so avoided once...nxt wk appt hv to take blood test liao

my gynea oso no explain things to me everytime tells me ok everything normal....like that oni...even the scans or blood test take for wad he oso no say....think he assumed we all know liao ba

When my first visit to the gynae, I was about 2mths pregnant and the nurse took my blood and urine test. My gynae will not tell me anything except your bb is doing well. Usually if I want to know anything I will have to ask him if not he will not say anything. I thought it would be better this way??

i'll be gg for hospital tour this thurs together with NT scan at TMC then later dropping by to MtA for the tour too....any1 interested to join me?

samval: for common flu only no need to use nasonex la...that is for sinus..i have been using that for many years liao..if i dun use, i think every few days i will have flu...anyway, my gynae said can use so i use lor...i didn have much problem whether want to take oscars test or not, coz my hubby said just pay and take for secure heart...so i just went ahead lor..i nvr really consider alot..

suika: every gynae style or pattern is not the same...so if u are unsure, should call and ask ma...anyway, no news = good news ma...

i will make sure i ask questions when i at my gynae there, if not, i can always check with my colleagues who are mummies...

But he gave me his email and contact details including emergency contact number. In any case, if minor issue or doubts need to clarify i may sms or email him. if emergency, don't need to call just go straight to the hospital.

Miyuki1: i feel that for 1st time mummy like me, i'm expecting my gynea to tells me more n explains to me as well as to guide me thru all stages u see.......but mine's the m/c gun type n he does things chop chop....at first i'm very displeased with that but now i've learnt to accept it as he's gonna be the 1 to deliver my bb mah...hv to learn to trust him

suika: coz u said u going TMC ma..only go TMC when detailed scanning isnt it...or are u referring to the clinic for NT scan?
ya, i can understand about the communicating wise, why not u tell him about yr feelings next time u visit him? or jot down your queries on wat to ask??

suika: i understand how you feel abt your gynae. why not tell him straight instead of letting him shoot his guns all the time?

mercsboy: my NT scan is to be done at TMC also...this his clinic not able to do it ba....it's quite rundown u know....tell him my feelings? NEH...think i'll just have to accept his style...coz that time i explain to him on my 10yr history of gastric he only answered me....IT's NORMAL...what else can i say...normal for a lady who's preg to hv gastric problems but to me someone having 10yrs of gastric issue is not normal problem during her pregnancy.....but now i've decided to relax n just trust him ba...nothing much i can do

suika: why dont u change gynae then? seems like u not so satisfied with him isnt it? u must be comfortable with him leh...

samval: i'm getting more n more used to his style now....actually to think abt it, so long everything's really normal n ok like what he says then i think i'm ok with that too

that's so long he makes sures my precious bb is doing fine inside me i'm very happy liao

mercsboy: changed gynea? i've thought of it but he's the nearest to my hse u see....i'm not able to travel so far to visit a gynea too so he's the best choice n some more his package starts as early as from 1st visit...others can only sign after 12wks but till now i've spent closed to $700 for all the visits if to pay per time...$$ is a factor to consider for my case too...must budget all my $$ coz no one can help us in terms of $$ mah....haizz

that's y i've to learn to relax n trust him so i'll be able to leave things to him...actually overall he's still ok la.....just maybe i'm 1st time mummy u see so everything oso worry ba

jade i'm 12 wks today

miyuki it really depends on how eager ur baby is to join the big wide world. I know a few who delivered after EDD and a few before, quite evenly divided actually. You'll prob know nearer the date of EDD when baby's development is more closely monitored.

samval i took a blood test at 6 wks but dun think it includes a full blood count.

suika: ya, i can understand, i chose my gynae also coz nearby and also cheap...having a bb in singapore is not cheap.
so u have to find a way to comfort yourself ok, get used to his style also...like jot down questions if u think of and ask him during your next visit.

hi all,

i have a brand new in box combi stroller for sale.. Selling price $405 bought at Isetan, selling for $350 (best offer) with receipt. Never opened before, just bought recently only.

Model is TJC-300/Well Comfort/4.2kg/Easy folding with one hand/shock absorber etc. Self collection at Queenstown.

1542341.jpg

mercsboy: that's what i'm trying to do now, not to let him brush me thru things n sent me out blurz blurz.... i'll think twice after he says ok i'll see u in 3wks later..bye

hahaha....coz normally when they says that u'll be so auto to get up n leave...but now i'll think n think make sure i've not things to ask him liao then i leave

suika: understand how you feel... I didnt want my current gynae because i wanted to go for my sil gynae instead but she couldnt take me up anymore. i am just like you initially but have learnt to accept his style too moreover my hubby found this gynae through a colleague. And I also agreed with mercsboy.... no news = good news...

Miyuki1: maybe mine's too pro that alot of small little details it's no longer impt to him liao ba...but like what u all says....no news means good news...so now whenever he tells me everything's normal n ok i'll be contented
happy.gif

de_luxe: I just read an article that mostly 85% of the mummies will give birth 2 weeks before... since my edd is 2 jan 09... i really hope it will either be 1 day earlier or exactly 2 jan 09... dont think it will be good for bb to stay in the womb for too long.

ya...the gynae dont talk too much and is direct is much better lor..u see my previous one, talk alot, every visit about half an hour inside...but so??? expensive consultation charges, and dont give firm and accurate answers...so well, i prefer no news = good news lor...dont say so much means its good...hehe

swan,1 week is so long. hopefully everything is fine.

mummies who did oscar, does it mean that we do not have to take other tests except for detailed scan at 5mths? Eg triple test?? I dun like triple test cos it has high percentage of false positive.

miyuki, i have been drinking cold drinks like the normal soft drink (no caffeine) and fresh milk
happy.gif
I stay away from coke, tea and coffee though.

i still drink coke occassionally.. like 2weeks once... eat mac no coke, not shiok leh.. hahaha..

but totally stayed away frm coffee and tea, even ice lemon tea...

suika: u really sound not v happy with dr leh.. if really so, really maybe u shd consider changing.. u r having the same gynae as me?

sounds like my gynae... but for me, i nowdays jot down qns i want to ask.. or ask my hubby to help me rem to ask.. so we jus refuse to get up from our seats so fast... now better lah.. and we do find dr A qte funny and humourous at times..

NI: i also drink coke.. take sips occasionally.. HAHA! do still drink my ice peach tea when go eat at mos burger

i forgot to ask my doc abt the blood that he drew from me the other time.. duno wat he used to test for.. and wats the results... sigh.. do find myself getting mroe forgetful now... anyone feelin the same?

qte tired out today... tink i stood for too long liao.. over exert.. did feel giddy and bit weak ... luckily today is finally over!

Back