(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

dazed: sounds fun.. maybe next outing at ur house we bring out babies go swimming hehe.. I also got float but no tub
happy.gif

mercs: ya.. haha.. i'm gg to leave baby with my mum. need some me-time desperately leh. and go trim my eyebrow at taka also
happy.gif

so how? any advise on how to get rid of the painful breast lumps?

Sus: ya same thoughts when i was having my infection. Went to see LC twice and all the pain that i went through kinda makes me feel frustrated.

However whenever i thought of some of our fellow forumite still working so hard on their MS supply, i feel that i should not give up. Like what they say, at least one feed is better than nothing.

So try our best for our little ones!

Did you have a cracked nipple? Any idea how you got infected? Mine was my pumping time was delayed by 2 hours for 2 days in a row, then i got infected already.

Jan: Went to LC when i had a lumpy left side breast. The only solution she said was to massage, hard if needed. DO not use hot compress ( ya websites suggested otherwise, however i listened to her).

ashley: can't use hot compress ah? oh dear.. i used last night.. and massaged alot, still lumpy. hai.. now i feel pain only 1 hour after pump or latch on.

piyo
yup.. m'sia friso, the cover (cap) is diff.. their is new packaging, more hygience.. SA is 1 of the ingredient... can't be found in BM... some more, m'sia friso #1 is from birth till 12 months.. instead of 6 months..

Jan: if you can't clear it yourself, please approach the LC for help! Otherwise, the lump may cause complications like masitis then to abscess.

ashley: i bought pigeon one during the last bb fair...i remember cost less than $40 leh....then still got free 3 bm storage bottles.

ashley: u mean delay pumping continuously for 2 days then u get the painful lump ma? oh....how to spot whether got or not...can feel one is it...
coz i was thinking during my BKK trip...i always late in pumping leh...dunno anything will happen or not

mercsboy
the free 3 bm storage bottle is those selling at $15.50 one, right? Nice to use??
b'coz i am thinking of buy more to store my bm which pump in office... got 6 bottles liao still not enuff... as i nid to leave some in ILs place so that nid not carry so much stuff while bringing my boy there in morning..

i bought the fridge to go at taka household fair last week.. promo at $33 for 2 (2 can coke's size).. quite worth it.. and find it juz nice if u nid to bring bm back home from office..

swan: i bought the same fridge to go...2 for $33. i wanted a smaller one lor so that want to bring one feed can just use tat..i prob use that when in office ba...smaller also, and if store in milk bags, put 3-4 packets shouldnt be any problem.
the free 3 BM bottles the marking is only till 150ml...but i ever store 170ml no prob la...but i didnt freeze with the bottles la..usually i transfer to bags. not too bad lor, i find, been using that now...

mercsboy

oic..
i have no bm to store in freeze... juz daily pump, next day finish type... 1 pump 150ml only... and i intend to transfer the bm from "storage bottle" to Dr Brown bottle for feeding...

cherry/sperzz/sus, called PD this morning. I've made appt for vaccine this fri liao. the nurse really confused me with 5-in-1 and 6-in-1. Hahaha...

daymoon, where do you stay? I got lesson thur evening so thinking if I can drop by your place.

piyobaby: no leh he did try to puke out but is the milk only. tink hes still young not enough energy to
force the mucus out. at least now his nose is not as congested just only the clearing of mucus makes him uncomfy.

sperrz: chinese med hall sells enfalac? my area got but dunno if they sell, mayb go n take a look later. so sad.. justed started using not long n price jet up so much liao..

hi mummies,
can i ask how long can the cooler bag from PIS store BM?

i intend to go out for 6-8 hrs, i am worried the milk will spoil.

janjan: try using manual pump to clear blocked ducts, worked very well for me. i use avent one. if u wan, i can lend u on thurs, u can go toilet to clear...

sus: i also only have one funnel leh.. got extra one de meh? i buy first hand, but only got one set of funnels..

pinkie: u so nice to offer your house for a NSEW mummies gathering, so we all can meet, i am onz for it! so is my baby! maybe towards 3rd or 4th week of march, since some mummies gng back to work already! =)

gig, what lessons are u taking? so yours is 6in1 is it?

cheekygal, last time when I pumped at work, when going back I will put the EBM bottles into the cooler bag with the frozen blue icepack and wrap each bottle with individual icepack, definitely can last 6hours cos there were times when I met friends for dinner, the milk still v cold when I came back. But I am not sure if it just the blue icepack whether can last that long.

hi mummies,
I'm a jan09 mummy too but seldom come in to post. Once in a while come in and read the tips from you guys
happy.gif

swan/ mercs,
u bought the small FTG for $33? i bought one last time for my #1...think can hold 4 coke cans...big rectangular one. This one u guys bought can hold only 2 cans hah? sounds better than mine leh...cos mine too big. I can't produce that much EBM!! haha. The promo is 2 of such bags for $33? Do the bags come with a long sling handle to sling over ur shoulder? cos my big one only come with a short handle - must hold using hand only... doesnt come with a sling long handle like some newer models i have seen.

Do you guys know when the fair ends? then i must faster go check it out. thanks!!
happy.gif

mercsboy: so you around 10 hours nevery pump, then when pump, how much you pump out? You got a good deal for your pigeon bag and bottles.

Welcome Stephanie
happy.gif
U wanna come to our gatherings too?

ni: hmm.. maybe cos I bought Ameda purely yours with tote bag from US, so its different.. I thought SG one also have. Aiyo.. never mind.. maybe I need to look for sprees loh

Ashley: Thanks for sharing ur experience.. yes ure right.. I must perservere.. a bit is better than nothing.. just that my breast is so painful now.. it hurts to even touch it, much less massage out the lumps.. and Im still feeling extremely cold even when today is so hot. Shivering away!
I dunno how I got infected leh.. I only delayed a pump by an hour in the afternoon.. Morning was normal except usually I have to pump 1 hr to clear the milk overnight (I slept 7 hrs), that day baby make noise so I could only pump 30 mins. So li hai one?

Freezing!!

ni/dazed: do u know how much of the nipple should go into the flange? what is ur suction setting ah? now my breast pain, nipple pain.. aiyoh! sorry for complaining!

fluffly....eehh...dun quite get it...can enlighten mi further?

dazed..then when filled up to the blue line which was advised not to exceed is approx hw much ar? din really monitor wor...

sus...i do that as well...watch wat she does nad my boi's reaction and try to put into practise but somehow in vain...mi sound like a goner...haha

swan...thanks for sharing of the info...means all Friso 1 in msia is meant for birth till 12mths the it's gonna b very easy to identify...

sus...im oso experiencing pain in the nipple / breast...

hw do u gers handle the differences in which both nipples can handle during pumping...wat i meant is e.g. at the same speed...comfy for one side of nipple but not for the other...then if reduce the speed...not as efficient...

piyo: for the bLue egg storage bags hor, just minus 50ml. meaning to say, if it indicates 200ml on the bag, u only have in actual 150ml loh. hope u get what i trying to say...

sus: yah, mine is lactaline personal. i think the US version is purely yours. willting uses purely yours also. u wanna check with her??? my whole nipple can go inside the flange leh, urs cannot???

piyo: i am free everyday till end april! so count me in for the gathering!!!

'NSEW' gathering @ Pinkie place (River Valley)
Date - 18 March (wed) await pinkie confirmation
Timing - 1pm?

1) Piyo & Zethan
2) Ni & Kyan

piyo;
kekee...means to say, when the milk bag is standing on its own, u press the zip lock(the 2 ending/corner) to form into circular shape(looks like big open smiley mouth)if based on this method, the marking will be at 210ml

210ml without pressing will be marked at the wordings breastmilk storage bags

can get wat i trying to say? otherwise next time got gathering meet u show u

piyo, I also have this problem, cos I think my right breast smaller so need a stronger suction but this will make left breast more uncomfortable, so I set it at a pace that is ok for left breast cos the manual said it should not be painful.

recently i feel that the breasts are not being emptied properly. I pumped at 11plus then now the left breast is lumpy at the bottom already. but if pump now sure v little milk. I will wait till 2pm then pump.

Mummies, how many times do you all pump now? I am doing a mix of 3 to 4 hourly pump, sometimes extending to 5hrs when I am busy. What do u think I should do now, to pump more frequently to continue to build ss or to start pumping at the hours that I will be pumping when return to work. I am going back early apr, 3more weeks to go.

cherryale...i have tried reducing the speed / suction to suit the painful nipple for beta comfort but realise that it is not as efficient in yielding the supply esp for my good breast which dun feel the pain...

weird thing is i have been on the same suction for more than 1 week w/o feeling the pain untill yest....any indication to interpret here?

cherry,
thur is gonna a busy day... isetan, taka and it fair..... so many fairs in a day...

i think i will be there....not confirmed yet cos my dh wan to go it fair buy camera.... otherwise i ask him to drop me at taka then he proceed to IT fair

stephanie: ya...its 2 bags for $33. its just nice to bring one feeding out...tat day i brought 2 feedings out, one i store in another container, one direct in bottle. i bought during the household fair leh, ended last week. dunno this baby fair will have or not...maybe u can search their web and call them up?
the smaller bag got sling to sling over the shoulder

jade: that day i managed to pump 350ml..but i pump for 30 mins la...i bought the pigeon one during the last baby fair...think this baby fair will have also...

wau mercs! 350ml! ai seh! my max is so far 240ml nia!!! long time no see u leh.. u will be gng taka fair anot???

ladies who are gng taka fair, wanna go isetan pte sale too??? heee.. shopaholic me!!!

ni: tat day me 8.30 till 6pm then pump leh....miss 2 rounds ma...engorged until really like rocks lor
i be going taka fair with sel lor...but then usually me after 1pm then will be free one...so i meeting her 1+, we going isetan also..but i got to bring kyler along lor.
ya me long time no see u also...

piyo: today me not in leh...i going to infant care and then go see chinese sinseh on my hand issue...
i be back only around 7pm...how? i leave the pampers in the electrical riser ok? then the money u slot in my door??
sling havent arrive yet leh...damn slow

mercs: what time u b at isetan then??? hopefully can see u at isetan den??

mummies who store frozen EBM hor, do u all keep in styloform boxes??? that time i bought one frm daiso. but its full le. thinking of buying another one... or its not necessary???

Back