(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

ashley: the thermal can last until evening, make sure you don open it when not feeding time...when you wan to feed, scope out half portion first, is will turn cold easily...

ashley: for me if i cook the porridge in the morning, before i go out, i heat it again then dump into the tiger flask, can tahan till evening time, no prob. but of cos not as hot la

i also want kyler to have a proper routine...but sometimes its fun to play with him la...maybe i will adjust soon.
ya maybe 3x a month on sat i will play mahjong, usually starts at 10.30pm end at 3am or so...
i can zzz till 8+ la, so still ok for me, i used to sleeping not more than 6 hrs a day le..

willting: turn off TV & lights huh...ok, shall try soon...

willting, merc: thanks! yeah can do that this weekend already. Also, am going to try flo's method of steam porridge, heehee, i don't know why but my son don't really like the porridge i made but loves the porridge that my MIL makes. I used the exact ingredients. *puzzled*

Actually i am afraid that she uses salt, cos i tasted her porridge before, its a bit salty, i used alot of good ingredients and my porridge never taste salty before. Or is it because she uses ikan bilis as the soup base thats why? Not sure leh, hope she didn't put salt, if not i will be very upset as i specifically asked her not to....

merc: yeah, you know i always visit ophe's blog and am envious leh, her boy knows how to moooo and read clap your hands.

I don't have time to teach my boy.....sigh....and now he is sick...aiyoooo...i think sick 3 times since i put him in ifc. Hope he recover soon!

ashley: at IFC is like that one...kyler last time was bad too, but now he is ok le, think he even stronger than me lor.

your IFC never teach ma? i also got no time to teach kyler la, but he learnt alot at IFC leh, like clapping hands, twinkler star, bye all tat. all he learn at ifc one..
at home where got so much time, need to act as mum, maid and wife leh..

ashley: my boy also always fall sick in IFC. now out of IFC better. but of cos one downside abt staying home, dun get to learn anything much frm the grandma and the maid. so planning some enrichment class for him

ni, come join GUG and let Ashley and Kyan be classmates
happy.gif

i heard from people said even go childcare/playgroup will fall sick also and then its more difficult to recover when the kid is bigger...
dunno how true is it...

merc: yeah, he learnt bye bye, clap hands and gong xi gong xi, but i don't think he can read words.
I hope my boy can be stronger soon, so sad to see him sick...its like the sick episode never ends....like taiwanese drama...

ni: actually i tot of leaving my boy with maid at in law's place too, but don't wanna trouble my in law as i feel she is very comfy with her life now, sometimes jokingly mention can see that she is not very willing. So have to depend on myself!

cherry: haha. i wan, daddy dun wan, say too far, he lazy. haha. i will try out my gym first den slowly into more educational classes like GUG. ask ashley wait for kyan! hehee

hi mummies...

reasons y babies or toddlers r always sick when in IFC or CC cos when 1 is sick, their germs & saliva touches everywhere when they play. i've seen many times tat the caregivers or teachers just ignore & carry on. even my auntie who is a montessori trainer, told me tat sometimes these centres, is not tat they can't be bothered but how many times a day can they clean. even if they have a cloth w them the whole day, they still have to take the effort to wash & disinfect the cloth.

2ndly, when they r out at the playground or field play, they r also exposed to germs or bacteria. however too hygenie also no good, the child will fall sick easily too.

Also even if ur baby is not in IFC but his/hers sibling is in CC, the baby will fall sick from the germs brought home too. so babies & toddlers going IFC & CC, are always advised to take pneumoccocas & rotavirus jabs..

hello, afternoon everyone!

shyan had a tiring morning. finally can settle in for a nap. hope she can sleep till 5pm since she skipped her morning nap.

kelly, thanks for the ride :D shyan cried all the way from clementi stn to my home. then reach home change her and feed her milk, she energetic again. so i left her there. let my mum make her sleep. lol

wat is GUG?

my gal attended Little Neuro Tree when she was 6Ms... infact, we both enjoyed the classes & i practiced w her at home, not everyday, but once a week or so.. but i repeat the same old thing again & again during bathe time & mealtime. i was surprised when she can do gongxi, clap her hands, wave bye, arms up, dance as in shake left & right or fwd & backward, clutch her hands at the song of twinkle twinkle little stars, play peek-a-boo w me... i think now is the copycat period.. i just taught her to lift up her arms for me to clean her armpit & she did it. our babies developed at their own speed, when they got it, they will really learn fast & surprise u
happy.gif

Mayb i am a crazy & talkative mum (tat's wat my mum said of me), nobody to talk to at home so she's the only one i can talk & play with. luckily Breana is my sanity, otherwise, facing 4 walls can go bonkers for a lazy SAHM like me. but one thing for sure, they love repetition. b4 i call for surrender, shes always asking for more *faint* :p

Ashley: Ikan bilis stock does give a flavourful taste, perhaps that's why lil one prefers his grandma's porridge? Can also consider using chicken stock to cook the porridge.

My mum always prepares her own stock. I think she uses pork ribs & chicken bones, carrots, plus some other goodies... my girls love her cooking, esp soup... but I'm just too lazy la. Also, mum has a big fridge but only 3 pax in the house & she's a SAHM, who goes marketing as & when she likes. While I can only do my marketing once a week - freezer space already taken up by my 1-week supply of food, no space to freeze any stock like mum.

mercs: That's the dilemma of working mums (parents)... but I guess as long as we make sure the kids have sufficient sleep (through the day) for their age, should be ok ba.

Hi all
sorry to intrude... I have 2X <font color="ff0000">Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Concert</font> tickets to let go - $83 per ticket for Tues 15 Dec 2009 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Unfortunately, hubby and I are unable to go. Please PM me if you are interested, thank you.

so tired... wana faint from work liao, plus JH has a bad habit of waking up for milk 2 x at night now... how?

morning - bread
9 am - milk 200ml
lunch - porridge
3 pm - milk 200ml
dinner - porridge
9 pm - milk 200 ml or if sleeping will skip
12 am - milk 200ml
2/3 am - milk 200ml
5/6 am - milk 200ml

so much milk! and when he sees us eating, he wanna eat too... and 200 ml doesn't seems to satisfy him cos after emptying bottle he will cry but we stuff tutu...

dazed: jh still wakes for 2 feeds a night ah... that must be very hard on you wor. ever tried dream feeding or feed him water instead? or feed him more before gg to bed? like increase to 240ml?

dazed...I have read dat sometime when bb wake up in the night, it might not be difinitely asking for milk....like wat jan advise...either feed him more for last feed or feed water if he wake in the mid of night...otherwise stuff tutu and ignore so he noes it's not supposed to be milk time!

dazed: your JH reminds me of a 3000cc car... hahaha... sounds like a growth spurt to me, maybe to compensate his 'lao sai' days...

dazed: maybe u can skip the 2am feed. by offering him tutu or just water when he wakes up.
den slowly JH will realise it's just water, den he wun wake up alrdy...

ni: the ps was quite ok. but i feel now its tougher to get shyan to look at the camera cos she's always distracted by the xmas tree and wants to pull the reindeer's ears.

gosh, only 2 hours out like that and i am dead tired even after taking a nap. i'm really getting old

Thanks piyo!! Aaahh ic SAHM ehhehhehe

im bringing jadon for trial at My Gym in greatworld.. so far, mommies who have joined there, which program is good? or you join all 3 programs?

going to trial at GUG next tuesday with gwen..

ann, 3000cc? my hb says 6000cc...

piyo/ni/jan, can't tutu can't work, water tried before some time ago, he even more angry... haiz... i dunno what to do too...

dazed....is tis a passing phase as in he only started midnight feeds out of the blue? otherwise heart pain pain go for cold turkey...let him cry! noe easier said than done...

Dazed, jiahe can take 400ml in the middle of the night, definitely he is hungry. 400ml is no joke leh. Try to increase his daytime feeds - as you already noticed, he is not satisfied with 200ml in the day - confirmed it is not enough for his daily needs. Either you give him more milk or more solids during the day. Hope this helps.

piyo, he normally has 1 after the midnight dream feed. but i dunno, does seem like after the lao sai thingy, he wakes up twice. quite on the dot or even earlier then 3 hrs...

pinkie, he is eating lots in the day! his porridge is 1 big bowl! and daytime is already more or less 3 hrs as you can see... i dunno should i increase his milk amount. but the pattern is like you give him how much he also can finish leh... macham bottomless pit.

Dazed, I don't think jiahe is eating too much... for Ryan I give his nanny 4x180 ml bottles of bm, this is in addition to his morning latch, his evening latch (about 8 plus/9 plus pm), and his bedtime latch. Not counting the middle-of-the-night-comfort-suckle-latch. Plus some finger food, that is about the same as Jiahe already, and Jiahe is bigger sized than Ryan.
happy.gif

laugh > ya,sometimes by the time i finish dinner,arnd that time.

mercs > my gal also ma,every night slept so late.

ann01jan > i jus went to buy some part favors,thos whistles,masks etc.
u can go to the little india "the verge" to buy.i went concourse,but all shops no more.

little neuro tree>

any1 joining? i problabbly enrol crystal in.any1 be classmates?hee

actually GUG better or LNT better?any1 noes?

Dazed, sorry, i should clarify that what i don't mean that you increase his daily intake. You should increase his daytime intake and decrease his nighttime intake gradually, so that his daily intake is the same, but just loaded more during the day. Try increasing to 220 daytime and decreasing to 180 nighttime and then slowly increase/decrease more, but daily intake maintain the same.

Can't escape the fact that he actually can take 400 ml during the night! I would be very worried if he drops these two feeds (400 ml !!) without compensating in the day.

Good luck!

Babystarlet, the concourse shop now is somewhere near my nanny's place (waterloo st). I drive past it everyday. If you need the address, let me know, I'll check it for you the next time I drive there.

angel/fluffy/sus: thanks! tink hes starting to take it better gradually. heard from my mom that he can eat more spoonfuls after she made the porridge more concentrated. mayb its sth new to him den back to normal after few days haha..

pinkie, i see... try lah... last night was better, after midnight feed, only once around 3+. then near to 7 wake up liao, laze around in bed.

gwen, the gym class, you started liao? i think i will start oni in jan after his birthday... too many activities lined up in coming weeks.

dazed: yeah.. maybe you should try add 1 more solid feed during day? my doc told me, eventually they have to eat like us, decreasing milk intake, and up solids.

my bb past few days also whining throughout the night , at first tot air in tummy making him discomfort, i tried for 2 days to give him dinner at 630pm (usually 3 solids at 830am, 1130am, 3pm), FM as usual only max60ml per feed at 8am,11am,230pm, 4pm(fruits/yoghurt, juice), 500pm, 615pm... in between also BM..
To my surprise, he stop whining at night, and managed to sleep through..

so now on 4 solids.

yeah, like piyo said, must trial n error, coz different babies capacity different.. some 3000cc, yours 6000cc, i tink mine only 1000cc..chiat lat hahhaha

junemom...Z oso 1000cc nia...he's confirmed a 'solid' bb as opposed to milk bb...a cheena one sumore....porridge can take a big bowl (full pigeon orange bowl which we call the bath tub) his total milk intake can go average of near 400ml daily nia. we attribute it to the last feed that he omit as usually he will b on bed by 8+pm...no chance of dream feed as he will fuss big time.

but if u do look carefully, jaden does eat quite alot, perhaps it's juz dat he dun take big portion of qty for each feed!

Dear all, pls state your names if interested.

DUCKTOURS. next week Thursday 1pm.17th december. Price $33 for adult. baby $2 (baby will be allocated a seat)Will meet direct at suntec.

1. shann + baby
2. Flo + baby
3. Alicia + baby
4. angie + baby
5. belinda + hubby + baby
6. kelly + baby

DUCKTOURS. next week Thursday 1pm.17th december. Price $33 for adult.
baby $2 (baby will be allocated a seat)Will meet direct at suntec.

1. shann + baby
2. Flo + baby
3. Alicia + baby
4. angie + baby
6. kelly + baby
7. Fluffy + baby

DUCKTOURS. next week Thursday 1pm.17th december. Price $33 for adult.
baby $2 (baby will be allocated a seat)Will meet direct at suntec.

1. shann + baby
2. Flo + baby
3. Alicia + baby
4. angie + baby
6. kelly + baby
7. Fluffy + baby
8. kim + baby

Back