(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

yo mummies,

long time nvr log in! Happy Tiger Year to all mummies and babies!

me back at werk liao too, but office atmossphere still very "holiday"!!! wahahaha...

Tara: next round when u wan to order shoes for Emma, please let me know, i oso wan to order for Kasia =)

Hi those mummies who have batch 3 items and opt for postage. Do not transfer me the $ now. as i need to weigh the items and let u knw the total amt.

For those that only have childife colostrum. Pls add $1 for normal postage for 2 bottles of colostrum. PM me dor acct no. Thanks

Happy CNY mommies!

This is Rachel..long time nvr log in liao..

Tara,
Are u organizing the spree on See Kai Run? Me interested leh..

Happy Lunar New Year everyone
happy.gif

Jappooh,
Can I have your account details please?

carmen/rachel

i still have not placed order yet...

Pls pm me your orders if you are interested....and kindly do so before end of this week, ok?

USA Grad Student Research with Singapore Parents - Quick Survey

Thank you to those who have completed my survey - I have already received 25 responses!! I am hoping to get 5 more so I can do my comparison study. Can you share this with other parents you know? I really appreciate the help and am so excited about studying in your country! Here are the details...

I am a graduate student at the University of St. Thomas in the United States (Minnesota), participating in a study abroad course in Singapore at the National Institute of Education. The study is to learn more about couple's relationship as they take on the role of parenthood.

The following people are invited to take the 5-minute survey:
* Have you had your first (and only) child in the past six months to 24 months?
* Do you live with the co-parent?
* Is it the first child for both partners?

To start the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=odvEJo1BPt_2bCF3hlE7BK7g_3d_3d

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary and confidential. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Robyn Maley

Ivy

I tried the tea to increase ss last time...i dun think it really work....

drink more soups, water and pump in between feeds to increase supply...dont fret...your supply will increase when baby grow stronger to suckle...

Hi gals,

those opt for postage no matter is which batch pls PM me ypur address 1st. so i can sort the item and send out when all stuff are here.

3641647.jpg

Recently heard quite a nos of babies/child have HFMD. This medicine is very effective in curing HFMD.

The moment the school call me that Maxx suspected HFMD, with 1 spot on his tongue and few spot on his feet, I gave him this med, no new 1 appear and old 1 recovers and dry up very fast, same for Faye as well, who got it from Maxx. This is recommended by my customer whom grandchildren oso have HFMD, a chinese physician recommended this med to her. You can get it at Chinese Med Hall, cost $2/pkt

ivy
The tea was a bit effective for me. But must make it correctly - with freshly boiled water. Means that you cannot re-boil water that has already been boiled. There are also other tea products selling in BPs now. You can also try those out. But most importantly, you have to get lots of rest, drinks lots of water/soup/Milo, and just keep latching.

ivy,

i took alot of fish & black bean soup. That do help to increase the milk. I didnt try the tea. I think didnt ppl have didnt effect.

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">iherb spree</font></font>

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>Items</TD><TD>Amt</TD><TD>Postage</TD><TD>Total Amt</TD><TD>Payment</TD><TD>Collection </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyl </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ah_bur </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jowinbaby </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$85.10</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Merydith </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tamms </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$85.10</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LuthAdel </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$124.00</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$77.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jess </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD>$1.00</TD><TD>$47.20</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>Normal Mail </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tina</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>$85.70</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jowinbaby Friend</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janice</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD>$3.25</TD><TD>$50.05</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>Registered mail </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pastilies</TD><TD>3 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$70.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$109.10</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowger</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jappooh Friend</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Rabbit</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Santorini</TD><TD>1 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$23.40</TD><TD></TD><TD>$62.30</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi Ivy,

same as jappooh, i didnt take the tea. But lots lots of soup. my CL gives me 1 large bowl of soup for everymeal which helps. &amp; lots of hot drinks (eg red dates tea, milo, )
also let bb suckle more / increase pump frequency in-between. Pump after warm bath is also very effective.

pastillies,

i wont knw the postage for those with Adult colostrum (cos never post b4) till i post out the items. U PM me your address 1st. Will let u knw once i post out then u transfer. YOur items should be here early next wk (if no delay)

Jappooh,

Thanks, both of them already recovers.

Ivy,

I ate alot of fish especially cod fish , black bean soup and fenugreek to increase the milk supply.

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">iherb spree update</font></font>

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>Items</TD><TD>Amt</TD><TD>Postage</TD><TD>Total Amt</TD><TD>Payment</TD><TD>Collection </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyl </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>Novena MRT </TD></TR><TR><TD>ah_bur </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>Novena MRT </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jowinbaby </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$85.10</TD><TD></TD><TD>Normal Mail </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Merydith </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tamms </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$85.10</TD><TD></TD><TD>Normal Mail </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LuthAdel </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$124.00</TD><TD></TD><TD>Normal Mail </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$77.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jess </TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.20</TD><TD>$1.00</TD><TD>$47.20</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>Posted </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tina</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>$85.70</TD><TD></TD><TD>Normal Mail </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jowinbaby Friend</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD>$1.00</TD><TD>$47.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>Post on 19th Feb </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janice</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD>$3.25</TD><TD>$50.05</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>Post on 19th Feb </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pastilies</TD><TD>3 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$70.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>$109.10</TD><TD></TD><TD>Normal Mail </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowger</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jappooh Friend</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Rabbit</TD><TD>2 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$46.80</TD><TD>$1.00</TD><TD>$47.80</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>Post on 19th Feb </TD></TR><TR><TD>Santorini</TD><TD>1 Childlife Colostrum</TD><TD>$23.40</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>$62.30</TD><TD></TD><TD>Bukit Batok/CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1 Symbiotics Colostrum Plus</TD><TD>$38.90</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

ivy,

what kind of food? At what budget? This is a very good buffet Penang Place at international business park. somewhat near IMM area http://www.penangplace.com/index.htm They have the BEST char kway teow with juicy hum. The chendol is also excellent, possibly the best in Singapore. Price is not the cheapest but you'll finish your dinner completely satisfied.

Another good buffet is peranakan at King's hotel. That's where I go for pig's stomach soup. Both places are sedap!

tamms...forgot to mention that i am looking for buffet catering...

I would like to invite the mummies and babies here for Justin's full month celebration on 28th Feb, will be held at my house at west coast. Please let me know if you and family will be able to come, can come at afternoon or evening, just have to let me know so i can prepare the food!!hope to see you all soon!!

Hi mummies,
happy CNY!
been a while since i last posted.. would like to chk a few things..

1) R ur babies still waking up for nite feeds? Summer is still waking up, n driving me nuts.. but sumtimes she jus wake up,cry, take 2 sips.. fall back to slp agn.. argh!

2)any picky eaters? porridge she dun wan, milk drink abit here n there..Is pediasure gd? anyone tried? now considering whether to give her tat.. ans wat flavor is better?

xuelyn
kayson will waki for nite feeds if his 8pm feed he din finish.

he is a fussy eater too. not nice = no eat. pediasure is good for fussy eater coz got more calories inside the milk. vanilla will be good so tt she wun get addicted to chocolate at such a young age. u wan sample? sms let mi know k. =p

Xuelyn,
Bryan went through a phase when his molars were coming out and simply refused milk and food. We gave him pediasure (the bottled ones) to see which flavours he will like and he just loves Premium chocolate. That was the only thing he drank for 1 week. Later we bought the 900g tin of PediaSure in the same flavour and he still loves it to bits.

After taking Pediasure for 2 weeks, he suddenly started to ask for food and his appetite was really big. We stopped PediaSure after his appetite returned and since then, we notice that he actually eats more than before.

You may want to give it a try. I still hv one bottle of the preimum chocolate and if you want you can have it but how to pass to you? Bryan doesn't like the other flavours at all.

Xue

zach is also very picky abt his food!! esp during these festive period, he is hooked to his baby bites, taking 3 packets in a day...n as for his porridge, he will cry the moment he sees me or my mom carry a bowl but will open his mouth after he tasted some of it, usually he will onie take 1/2 bowl n we hv to throw away the rest.
sad.gif

luthadel, i cant give zach pediasure
sad.gif
he is still allergic to cow's milk, much to my dismay cos i really wanna improve his appetite..notice he is very skinny, except for his round face..haha

Xuelyn,

Jermaine don't wake up at nite for her milk feed ever since roughly around 5 months old..nowadays she will have her last milk feed around 9pm (ie. 300ml), then she will sleep for the nite..but often will still cry out loud for us to go over and carry, sayang her..so I normally pat pat her awhile and then put her back to her cot and sleep..

As for milk powder, Jermaine is drinking EnfaGrow..so far so good..so am not going to change..

Her diet for the day:-
1) Breakfast 7.30am drink 180ml
2) Lunch 11.30am eat 1 bowl porridge
3) Mid afternoon 3.30pm drink 200ml
4) Dinner 6.00pm eat 1 bowl porridge
5) Last nite feed before sleep, 300ml

She don't take any baby bites, biscuits at all..occasionally when we are at outside dining, I will either buy buns or let her eat some finger food..

Xuelyn,

Avery is not waking up for night feed since a few mths back. Incidentally, it corresponded with her eating more solids. Now she is eating rice with veggie/meat dishes (cut into smaller pieces). She also likes variety so it was also easier for us that she is on to more adult food.

I only recently added a FM milk feed for her before she sleeps. She was a TBM baby but i've included whole milk in her food and breakfast (with cereals). So she just has a glass of milk (by straw) before she slept and seems to help her sleep well.

Didnt know pediasure has so many flavours. Avery didn't like FM at first so i have been adding 1/2 tsp of milo powder into her glass of FM. :p Thought i will slowly fade the milo away and she can just drink normal milk.

Hi Ivy,

Congratulations!

Hi Xue,

You are not alone. My bb is still waking up at nite to latch. Good times once/nite otherwise twice usu. If we do make milk, she drinks at most 20ml and the rest goes to waste.

Milk is pathetic too. Appetite wise, she eats half a bathtub of pigeon orange bowl(rice+dish). Now at 14mths, she weighs at 10.1kg. How heavy is Summer? If they are growing then maybe we need not worry too much unless they are growing under their usu percentile perhaps? Juz my tots.

Hmm... pediasure I heard is sweet tasting rite? Didn't start her on that cos am afraid she develops sweet tooth.... Once I gave her a fommage bread and she took to it but hb gv her the chocolate bun, she spat out the fommage bread whenever I gv her.... *haiz*

btw, have any of u started your bb on table food yet? I'm still cooking sans salt.

ikeike, zach is still less than 9.5kg.. but when he has very heavy bones (high density)..hehe
I introduced a little bit of marmite into his porridge last nite and he finish them all!!! That never happened for the past week I have been cooking for him. I guess now alittle bit of salt is okay for them. I rarely give him table food unless i din bring out any food for him. Nowadays if we go out for zhi char, i will ask for no MSG in the dishes..haha

i oso heard tat pediasure is very sweet and baby usually will not wanna drink other brand of milk after that..not sure if it is true.

xue, summer oso drinking enfagrow rite? i hv a sample tin, u want?

zachmommy
PediaSure is sweet but not overly sweet and Bryan managed to switch back to his regular without any problem
happy.gif
Somehow I kinda thank PediaSure for helping to increase his appetite and making feeding time more fun as now he will ASK for his food hahaha

mummies,

ervin sleep through when he was 2.5mths. Bu these few nites he keep waking up to cry. Dunno wat happen. His milk intake is also quite bad onyl taking 150ml eat time. 1 day take 4x. As for solid he take wat ever we give. He did take table food. He is only 10kg though he take alot. dunno where all the food gone to.

iherb spree

All the stuff are here today. I try to post out this afternoon as i was on MC for 2 days. Was having high fever at 38.8 degree.

Back