(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

on lucky day I manage to get a seat during the morning rush. If not, I have to stand from Woodlands to Raffles place. The worst part is only the person sitting in front of you dont alight while the rest of the people in the row alight. So angry but nothing can be done.

Raven: Don't think need to skip sharkfin soup. Can still eat. Only 1 or 2 small bowl consumed once in a blue moon will be fine.

Mayo can eat also. In hospital also serve mayo sandwich to hospitalised mommies.So i doubt can't eat it.

Agreed with snowy, pregnancy should be enjoyable. Just consume in moderately.

So enjoy.
happy.gif

den y ppl say cannot eat sotong? I earlier wanted to eat Old Chang Kee's fried sotong..then my fren say cannot eat
sad.gif

I hv wedding dinner next week too! Intend to whack the shark fin soup too..will not miss it for a thing man..hahah

meilik - Thanks for the advice!

Just last Fri, I was in the train at Boon Lay waiting for it to leave to station. All seats were taken then. A preggy woman came in (it is very obvious that she is preggy) and not even one person offered to give up their seats (young men and women alike). I gave my seat up to her. My mum was telling me that I should have just commented aloud that I am preggy too, as I gave up my seat. Really shame on these people...

Hee.
I think there is a mum username quite similar to mine. Hers is Snowy(snowymum) and mine is Snnowy, spelt as double n. I think ladies here din notice
happy.gif

Snowy,
Are you a 1st time mummy-to-be?

Gals,

I have not been taking trains for donkey years liao, really dunno that ppls nowadays r like tat. I have been driving for many years already. Thankful that I do not have to take public transport and see all the ugly side of human.
We really have to teach our next generation well, but I'm wondering our older generation did taught us to be good , y it become like tat?????

Agree with u all that nowadays ppl are more inconsiderate. Either they pretend to sleep or they just ignore ur existence.

Another thing i am afraid is young kids. They are always running around and can easily bump into us. So dangerous!!! So better watch out ur surrounding to prevent thiese incidences from happening.

Hi Snnowy,
Yeap I am. The nervous yet excited first time mom.
happy.gif
To make things easier, I will change my name to Snowger instead.

Anyway, I do agree with Snnowy that we need to consume food in moderation. Cos it can be a torture to keep thinking what can or cannot eat... :p My ah ma used to say that last time when they are poor, got nothing good to eat. so no need to worry what can or cannot eat. *haha*

can eat sharkfin ah.. oh yes, then i eat abit this friday wedding dinner.. haha!!

Sianz.. still working in office.. almost collapse liao..

Jowinbaby,
Ha ha. your reaction so funi.

Snowger,
It good to be excited so that baby cen feel his/her pressence wanted.
happy.gif

Ya. Agree with your Ah Mah last time where got so much concern and worries one. Nowaaday, ppl too good life so tend to be choosy. Read in one of the thread that there was a big discussion over bird nest thingy, some say good for baby and complexion while others comment too cooling to take. Faint. When I was pregnant with my gal, craving for orange and people tell me cannot eat, baby will have phlegm and lung problem. So far she only fall sick and visit doc onli once since birth *touch wood* la.
happy.gif
I feel that gynae and science is the most trustworthy source.

Sorry to interrupt…

Any mummies here sick of taking public transports (with no one giving up seats for you!!) and hope that your hubby could rent a car for short term (eg. 6mths to 1 year)?

Pls call Chee Hau @ 9654 6855 or email him: [email protected].
Pls quote the subject title “MTB - Car rental” for 10% discount.

Cheerio!

hmm... i eat everything except pineapples and coconuts, and cut down on processed foods containing preservatives, artificial flavours and sweeteners.

Agree with snnowy, I Think its all about moderation. seriously, 1 bowl of sharksfin containing so few strands can hardly cause much harm, besides its only a few times a year right? Think that as mom to be, we're all a little paranoid sometimes but still, common sense should still prevail. Same for crabs/prawns/squid/oranges and the like.

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to intrude..
I've got an extra brand new belly band - great product for extending the life of your prepregnancy clothes, helping pregnant women wear clothes comfortably, particularly in between stages of midpregnancy and postpartum.
Read reviews here:-
http://pregnancy.about.com/od/maternityclothes/gr/babybemineband.htm

Color: Black w/Prints
Width: ~45cm measured flat across
Picture:-
http://p1nk1ebooth.blogspot.com/2008/05/black-baby-be-mine-belly-band-30-taka.html

Interested, pls PM me! Tks!
happy.gif

Morning Ladies!

How's your morning? Waiting for my fried carrot cake to be brought back... Suddenly have craving for it!

Still feeling choked up every evening, no appetite for dinner... Oh when will this end...

Hi Ladies,

I went to see GP 2 days ago. Feeling nausea, burpy after bfast till end of the day. Doctor advice me to eat small meals. Instead of 3 meals, split into 6 meals everyday. if not hungry dun eat. These cause me to be moody at times. Feeling a bit improving now. Do you have such feelings?

This is my 2nd preg. Previous one was much better. Now in my wk9+, hope these symptom will go away fast.

Morning Ladies,

I'm at home on my 2nd day of mc. Still feeling sore around the pelvis region but at least no cramps. So that is a relieve. Just hope the pain will go away soon.

Raven_1313
hang in there, i'm sure it will soon pass once you hit 2nd trimester. For me the bloating has gone down quite a fair bit except for evenings. However, the evening bloating now has a shorter time of recovery. I will feel really bloated right after my dinner but it will go away in 30-45mins, unliked a few weeks ago where it will take hours to subside.

I'm just hoping to make it safely to 2nd trimester since my fibroids (I've mulitple fibroids)will always be a threat for pre-term labour or miscarriage. So I'll have to be extra careful to identify the types of pain that I experienced.

Hi ladies
good morning...

Hi dino
Yes, me too...same feeling as u.. still taking 6 small meals a day....HUngry will puke... Burp too hard will have small puke... CHAMZ....!!
Just puke out some of my breakfast... sob sob

I am also 9 week+ going 10... hmmm.. quick quick over 1st trim!!! i can't wait...

Going for dental appt later.. so scare i just puke when dentist cleaning up for me..

Hi Jowinbaby,

Yes exactly, dunno should eat anot at times. Dunno what my body wants. Sigh. My evening and night times is the worst. Got any remedy? When I lie and sleep on my left, i will burp out and feel much better.

Hi
just had a good rest yesterday and today back to work.
happy.gif

anyone has a brief gauge on the confinement lady rate? i engaged one last year, is abt S$1.8K, think this year will be S$1.9k-S$2K?

Hi Dino
I also dun know what remedy.. my gynae said can drink some ginger tea for bloatness but i dislike drinking it..
sad.gif

AFter dinner, if not hungry i try not to eat anything, incase, i bloat even more...

Now, if wanna puke, i just let it puke, dun bear.. sometimes after puking, i might feel much better lor...

Snowy
Thanks...

Hi...
How is everyone? I've been busy lately & didn't log in.

Jowin: I'm home today too. On MC...been having giddy spells.

YL: I have engaged a CL. Her rate is S$1.9K.

Dino: I feel more comfortable sleeping on my left. I also find that when i sleep half-inclined against 2 (or more) pillows, i sleep better. Anything better than being totally flat on my back. :p

hello all,

me new to this thread..
FTWM expecting no. 2.. EDD mid Dec..
1st one currently 7.5 mths old baby boy..

nice *meeting* u'all..
happy.gif

thx thx..
happy.gif

this one's a gift from Above too.. didn't expected to get pregnant easily coz i have inverted uterus.. we didn't really *try* very hard and was quite surprised that i was pregnant.. was still thinking maybe period irregular after giving birth then! and only tested abt a month later! :p

Halooo ladies.. this week is my 11th week which means im reach 12 week soon... hopefully my ms will be better by den cos been feeling very bloated oso.. =)

Hi Pris,
when is your EDD? your confinement near lunar new year? mine likely to be close to lunar new year and hence expect the confinement lady to charge me high.

Hi dee
my 1st boy is 6 mth old only.
happy.gif

thx, jowinbaby..
happy.gif

YL: ppl say 1st few mths super fertile! hee.. how old will ur 1st boy when #2 comes?
my babies will be 15mths diff.. frens said it's gonna be handful.. still not sure how it'll be.. can't really imagine - yet..

Hi dee
i dare not imagine. for mine -they will be 14mth different.
u try imagine the things to lug along when going out.. with 2 babies..

Hi Shirley
You should feel better once you hit 12wks. I'm currently 12wks5days (according to the scan) and I'm feeling a lot less bloating. Now I only bloat after dinner for about 30mins or so and will be ok thereafter. I can't wait for next wk when I step into my 2nd trimester!

Hi dee,
welcome. Wah, must be handful for you when BB arrives as their age gap is quite near.

just got back from my gynae ... wa, so exciting to see the scan even though it's my 4th pregnancy ... I'm 11.1 weeks now .. edd now 3rd Dec ...

so cute can see the baby moving around in the scan ...

my nausea is tapering off ... THANK GOD.

Hi Meilik,
Ya, I'm so glad to be at this stage, been counting down since wk11...ahahaha. Thats why I can't wait for 2nd trimester to start. Now my bloating and other symptoms are lesser now but not completely gone. How far are you now?

hihi.... came back from work early today. so many posts, i cant access this forum during office hours
sad.gif

am looking forward to next monday to see baby.

Hi samantha,

Wat is yr size of yr babies @ 11 week ?.. Mine is also 11 week @ 12th May ..

My 2 babies are jumping up and down ( dancing )when Dr scan me. So kind of havoc babies ..

Is yr appetite good ?

Hi Pinky Panther,

No, my appetite is no good ... already lost 2 kg. Nausea still bad la .. just when I say it's getting better, it's NOT. SIGH. I eat very very little.

My scan showed my baby to be 4.4 cm. How about yours ? You're having twins? How wonderful for you!!!

Hi Sam!

How do u cope with 3 kids plus another young one on the way? I hv two young ones aged 3 & 2 and frankily, I am feeling stress about coping with three. My ideal is to have 4 kids just like u. Can share how u cope with so many kids?

ya.. now i can see with all the barang-barang, i think i'll need extra hands!

supposed to be on leave FULL day today but BIG-BIG boss suddenly wants to have meeting! ARrrrggghh! now have to be in office in the morning..
sad.gif

i'm craving for passion fruits.. anyone with this weird craving?
still trying to find the fruits in singapore.. like non-existant! alamak!

hi MTBS,
I am new to this thread.
Now expecting my #2. Currently 8 weeks plus.
EDD is in DEC
My 1st gal turning 5 mths next week!

Back