Hello mommies,
MMR,
Bb J took her MMR already at 15-months. Only side effect is she got fever and fake measles 1-week after taking the jab. Previously people are scared to take MMR because of the assumed link between autism and MMR. However, that link has been oficially debunked by the scientific community. For me, I'd rather let bb J take the jab early then wait till later cos I certainly don't want to risk her catching either of the virus.
TCM,
I agree that TCM is good to "Bu" the baby's body. When my #2 was 'hit' repeatedly by bronchitis, when she recovered after taking western medication, I brought her for TCM baby massage. It was done at a TCM clinic in serangoon area. The physician is quite good. Initially my #2 will scream and cry during treatments. But each time after the massage can see her 'colour' gets better and not so much runny nose symptoms. By the 7th or 8th treatment, baby's health improved tremendously so we stopped. Thereafter no more bronchitis again.
Talking,
Baby J is quite good in her linguistic skills as compared to her jie-jies. To date she can say words like : Thanks / Raining / Walk-Walk / Mommy / Daddy / Mama (short cut for Grandma) / No no / Fish / Bird.
Most importantly she understand the meaning of the words too. Like yesterday when it started to rain, she pointed outside the window and said:"Mommy. Raining." I was ssoo surprised.