(2008/11) November 2008

morning mummies
happy.gif

Today on leave liao for cny.

alynat, give some time, perhaps after a while nat will eat more when she sees other kids eating too. mayb she's observing others so not much mood to eat. haha

jynnsan, im oso still thinking abt hcp. heard good and no good reviews but good ones more though. think mayb will buy a basic one to try out.

ah lian, how u recently? hope all's well with u.

happy CNY to all. gong xi fai cai!

Yo, all prepared for CNY?

Jes, thanks, still doing ok, like t hcp got gd n bad lor.hee
Done t detailed scan tis wk, fortunately bb is alright n t placenta moved upwards :) however still getting unexplainable bleeding.. :-(

aly_nat,
Ohh...din know your Nat gng to the same kindy w my Nat this yr.

U mean she juz got trf from another kindy to this 1 recently? Sorry i have vy poor memory =P

Yipee! My Nat is in morning 8:30am session too
happy.gif
Wonder if they r in the same class
happy.gif
Your Nat taking school bus or u send her?

My Nat drinks ard 180~210ml of milk on her way to school. She does eat a lil bit at school, always the last & never finish all...tsk tsk tsk! She super skinny & small frame too.

But i think like other mommies mentioned, give your gal some time to adjust to her new routine
happy.gif

Mummies,
I hate to tell u all this during this festive season.
I lost my dear boy just before t dragon year arrive. He was a 22 wk old good boy.
Was a traumatic n painful experience for me n hubby. I hope to get over this soon. Now i can fully understand Snnowy mummy's poem abt her loss. I hope i will have t courage like Snnowy, Yen n Bear to continue fighting.
Hai.. Just need to pour out my woes. Thks for listening gals.

Hi all mummies, i would like to send my son (3 yr old) for chinese enrichment class. He is now in nursery class but think that his chinese still need to brush up.

Any recommendation?

Lilian, take care and sorry to hear it.. I'm sure God has better plans for you..

Jane, I'm using berries for Chinese enrichment .. So far so gd.
happy.gif

Anyone tried phonics class such as "I can read" etc?

Anyone tried Berries are they good..? I am not sure if i should put my girl into berries class but feel her chinese not gd enuff always speak english. Any opinions mummies..? She is on whole day preschool with learning chinese, eng etc.

Hi Soho,

My gals were going to Berries clas. It was good from the time they started during K2 till P2 stage. But once reach P3 stage, my girl stopped her classes cos she started to find it too difficult. Now she just attends normal chinese tuition. She still having difficulties coping but I'm not bothered by it. Cos I find it's more important for her to score well in English, Maths & Science.

3Jems,

Thanks for sharing. My girl school has 'Chinese speech and drama' where they can learn the 4 different tones in mandarin, recitation of poems, is it do-able..? I feel quite stress having to send my girl from school to enrichment (different place), not sure if the chinese speech and drama can offer what Berries offer..

My gal started berries this year, N2. Its fun for her but I think if ur gal is going to full day childcare already then don't have to overload her bah..
happy.gif

Soho,

Agree with Mummy Zeal. Since your gal still young, no need to stress her out yet. Let her enjoy learning the language slowly. When she reaches about K1 stage then can consider loading on chinese enrichment to prepare her for P1 level.

Lilian,
Hugz...

Hello mummies,
My boy will start his chinese lesson @ Berries this week too as he completely show no interests in chinese.

As for phonics, I enrolled him at Kent Ridge.

I think for the time being, will only try to let him master language, for others lesson, might wait till 4yo bah.

Lian, just read abt you.. So sad to hear that.. * hugzz* pls take care..

Hi mummies, finally have some time to come here and say HELLO!! ;)

Yoz, where's everyone? Jess? Olwen?? Lian, miss your posts! Hope you are better now.

My boy started Berries too. So far so good, he enjoyed the lessons :p

Liv: Hello! How's life with 2? :p My #2 now nearing 6 months. So fast!!

hello! this thread is dying
sad.gif

gladgal
cos nobody chat leh so i no come in lor, haha.
wow so fast yr gal 6 mths liao. time flies!

liv
how's life with #2? saw yr FB posts u said very tired, no slp etc. alamak must be very tough. take care!

lian
hope u r up and running. how u? come chat with us
happy.gif

think olwen is very busy, ok i will remind her to come in for her weekly post, am meeting her for lunch next week.

wow u all already sending yr kiddos to classes. i have not yet! i thought i'll let V enjoy abit more this year perhaps wait till when she's near 4 yos.
happy.gif

i think V is still very very hong sim. her teacher said at times she's not concentrating in class, at times perhaps day dreaming. the other day mil asked her if she's finished her school work she still can reply "finished, Lu lao shi (teacher) do for me"! i hear liao i wanna faint...

Hehe cant't help laughing at V's answer :p she too smart, let teacher do for her!
Think this age our kids attention span not very long hor. At least for G, think he quite short attention span, will do something for a few minutes n then get bored, play another toy or switch activity. Trying to make him more focus or at least finish what he has done.

Night toilet training: any tips other waking him up? My boy don't want to wake up n pee..
sad.gif

lian,
ohh...so sorry to hear abt your loss, hugs! U r still young, build your health back & try again.

My gal also stil wearing diaper to sleep la.. She stil drinks milk and water at night before bed sure a lot of jio at nite. And she's those i sleep liao dun come disturb me type of person.. Tink difficult lei.

Wat u al toking abt starting at 4yrs?

How to train nite time not to wear diapers to bed? My girl drinks 3 bottles of milk before sleep and i have to change her 1st diaper in 1-2 hrs, subsequent in like 4 hrs.

How to train..?

Gladgal: i tink its good he doesnt wake up to pee, because he is trained..? Iam hoping my girl doesnt have to wake up to pee but she drinks way too much milk.

peanut: 4 yrs? I tink toking about enrichment..?

gladgal
but V when playing or watching tv, she can concentrate quite well, haha. think she just basically can't get on with learning and studying...

V oso wear diapers to sleep. though some days she wakes up dry, but i dun care lah, so long she's day trained, i'm already very pleased. truth is i can't wake up myself to bring her to pee.

My son is off diaper when he is just touch his 3years. I bought waterproof mattress protector from Robinsons. Most importantly, I reduces milk intake of his last feeding to either 90ml or 120ml. After he finished his milk, I will ask him to pee before going to bed. We have a few accident but after one or two months he could sleep through without wetting his pants in the morning. I guess the kid will learn to hold pee till morning somehow or other

Oh I remember one more step is either my hubby or myself will wake him up in the middle of the night to pee when we are training him to be off diaper. Now I don't do that anymore as he always say he has no pee so this step is omitted.

I have omitted one more step that is either myself or hubby will wake him up in the middle of the night to relieve himself. Now I don't do that anymore as he has come to a point whereby he will have no pee when we wake him up

karen: thanks for the tips..i will definitely have to try it some day - however she is a MILK ADDICT! like just one bottle 180 ml now, and 5 mins later ask again for another bottle...sigh, I dunno what ingredients manufacturers put inside the milk that makes it addictive..? How to make her not love milk so much..??

my girl always wakes up with a full diaper, but i do wanna try to train her to go diaper free at night when #2 comes along. am thinking since i will be up feeding #2, may be a good opportunity to try to see if she wanna pee then? i just can't bear to wake up from her sleep and am afraid she will have problem falling asleep after! haha...

J3 is also wean off diapers for the day time. But still wears it during bedtime. Like my 2 older ones, I'm not in a hurry to get her off nighttime diapers cos I feel that her drinking milk at night is more important than the pee-ing. Anyhow, when the child reaches primary school age, they will choose to go off diapers themselves cos they will feel 'shame-shame'. I prefer to let nature take its course like this. Less stressful for both parent and child.
biggrin.gif

soho,
i'm still here!!!! me already 32 weeks and still not prepared completely for arrival of #2.

gladgal,
can't believe how quick time flies!! Your girl is 6 months already!!!

haru: I think when ur baby is born automatically those maternal instinct and preparations will kick in quickly. Nothing much to prepare since u already quite experienced?

Mine turning one in 4 mths time..how fast. Dunno where to celebrate or celebrate small / big celebration.

Haru: Yes!! Time flies. Will be same for you too
happy.gif

Soho: Fun to plan for 1st yr bday! I love organising these kind of stuff tho a bit stressful lah. Like where to get the cake..

And we are on FB! Are you in the group ah..

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">All mommies.... please be very very alert and vigilant.</font></font>

I have received a Facebook message from a friend that there is a kidnapping syndicate in SG. They are aiming at chinese kids between the ages of 2-5yrs. Their ploy is to lure kids who are being look after by maids or grandparents as these people tend to be more off-guard. Please highlight this issue to your caregivers.

Even if this report is not substantiated... we can never be too sure it will not happen in SG. Always better to be safe than sorry. When 'it' happens... will be too late for regrets.

Hello mummies!! Been quite sometime since I came in here... how's everyone? Not sure if u gals remembered me..
My #1 was bored in November 2008 &amp; I attended the 1St birthday bash at singtel... wow! So long ago...hehe..
I got #2 n she is coming 14th mth. I am
Sahm. Anyone still?I hope to b added in fb too if it's OK w u gals!
My FB is dolphin_ joeychong@ yahoo. Com. Sg thank u mummies!!!

Hi mummies,
Long time not in here. Still remember me?

Hope everyone is doing fine and coping well with a preschooler and their toddlers/babies.

I have given birth to my #3, 11days ago. It is a baby girl!

Back