(2008/11) November 2008

Happywifey,
Dun feel guilty lah... it's BB's 1st birthday mah. Aiyohz... me also spend alot on a fondant cake cos my hub wants big cake, those 6"x10" one, endz up now my cake costs more then my budget of $150 lor. hahahahah...

Peanut,
Yes yes... flowers will go more nicely with the Hello Kitty theme. Oh yes... in case you want... now got Sanrio Fair at Taka and they are selling those Hello Kitty party ware like disposable cups, plates, napkins and even the candles. All berry nice. Not expensive too... usual price of $5.00 for 6-pcs.

galdolphin, u r welcome, let me know if u tink the hilton cake is nice.... yr maid really chu alot of pattern, somemore so new oredi behaving like tat, if i'm u, i will not tolerate her attitude esp the way she talked back to u...

lynn, the bio of yr new maid sounds ok leh. i've learnt something... maid married wan got prob, like mine HB mia, then constantly worrying abt the young kid (2YO). so in yr case, yr maid is widowed and her kid is big liao, so supposedly she shd hv nothing to worry abt i hope...

Dymples, i think mayb i'll just use the 6 pcs mickey figurines for the cake, as wat's shown on the pic, like tat shd be ok i hope, hehe.. actually i wonder how they stick the figurines on as to ensure that they dun topple... hmm...

re:maids
galdolphin,I guess if you are not comfortable with your maid, better to change her. coz at the end of the day, u hire her to lessen your burden, not to add it on mah.I just change my maid 2 weeks ago. she's my 3rd maid in a period of 10 months. the previous maid was married and doesn't know how to take care of my boy even though she got a 3 year old daughter. have to teach her everything from scratch! worse, she's very argumentive and stubborn. got alot of bad feedbacks on her by my MIL, that's why we decided to change her. my new maid is single and fresh in sg and is good with kids and housework. very fast and efficient. but she misses home too as her father is hospitalised and had a hard time adjusting at first too, but we managed to convince her and assured her that we'll let her call back once a month and write back home as well. hope she'll be able to tahan till 2 years is up. :p

Jo, wanna ask u something..are u a member of SSA?heheeh..

Happy 1st Birthday to <font color="ff0066"> Felicia (Mummy Jenn)</font> today
happy.gif

moomummy,
How come u know? U checked on mi ah? LOL.
Anyway, that was in the past ... only sit down for those district meetings ... cos in-laws believe in tt and call for us to attend those meetings.

jo,
LOLxx..no lah..i happened to browse your bb lucas's bday photos and saw gohonzon in one of the photos lah.. oh, your in-laws are members ah? for me, its my parents. been members for about 30 over years liao.so I've been following them since I was a young kid.hehe..
By the way, lucas seems to enjoy himself alot during the party hor? I hope my boy would enjoy himself too coz he's been super cranky recently..
sad.gif

kiki,
No ... is Singapore Soka Association. Not Swimming. Hehe.

moomummy,
I'm ok with this belief ... but I dun like to attend those meetings ... always got alot of activities and must talk one. I only enjoy listening to testimonials. Hehe.

Everyday in-laws or myself will carry my son to pray before we leave the house or gets home.

Hi Mummies,

wah..all talking abt bdae cakes...my boy's bdae cake is choosing the havenbakery...a simple winnie the pooh strawberry cake.

<font color="aa00aa">Happy 1st Birthday to Felicia</font>

Dymples
wahahhaa... i dun really like Hello Kitty la.. stil ask me to get hello kitty party stuffs.. tsk tsk tsk.. anyway i no need theme for e bday party one. Jus nice food and nice cake is good enuf.

Jo
remm i told u before there is no free lunch one.. When u get those complimentary things, u've to prepare for hard core selling aft that/ Thats y i NEVER go for those free/v discounted spa/facial thingy cos i see e condition "for 1st time customer only" i know liao..

Jo,
yah,understand what u meant on the discussion meetings..hahah..coz I was reluctant to go when I was younger too. But after some time, got used to it liao, so find it still okay lah.but now, after married, me cannot find enuff time to attend those meetings, so have to 'let go' most of the times now. :p

Aiyoh,lucas so 'sticky' to you and hb hor? i tink me will die lah,coz my boy is very sticky to me nowadays..have to carry him most of the time at home..cham..
sad.gif

eLcH &amp; Jo,
Nice Cake
happy.gif
I'm sure your guests enjoyed it.

Jo,
Even though it not 'Bus' design as you wanted but it still look great.
happy.gif

Fifi,
I can't agree more with you that having a good maid is like striking a lottery. But I dun think lady luck loves to smile at me.
sad.gif

My good friend's philippine maid available for hire this coming december 2009.

Rare find. Good English. 4 years in singapore already. Likes and very good with kids. Can cook.

$450 and 2 weekend off. nego maybe.

peanut,
I have attended such invitation for photoshoot before ... but not so hardcore. I read reviews on this NBYN ... they are worst and very persistent. I still can bring myself to go there and determined not to be tricked cos ITS FREE 2 photos but think they closed for good le.

moomummy,
He is quite sticky to mi, hb, FIL and maid. He wont really prefer MIL. For eg, yesterday evening I wanna make milk for him and pass him over to my MIL, he hold me v tight and refused to let go of me when MIL trying to carry him and wail.

snnowy,
THe more I see the more I dun like eh. But never mind, its over le. Looking forward to see Lucas 2nd birthday cake (Baby Mickey) ordered from Swensens.

eLcH, Jes, Dymples, happywifey &amp; mummies,

I’ve paid a $50 deposit for a baking slot with CCD!
Thanks for all the reviews and comments, which encourage me to order from CCD! :D
BTW, I’m Dec mum.. haha so kiasu to book 2 mths before right? heehee

Hello mummies!
wow..seems birthday cake is a hot topic at the moment. ive yet to book one yet...waiting for payday first....haha... now it's btwn swensens and bengawan solo...just these two.

Jo,
Wow! You having 2 separate birthday cakes for Lucas?

Littlevictoria,
Tat's good. Pls post pics of the birthday cake and your reviews yah. heheheheh...

Snnowy,
It's ok yah... I'm sure you'll hit the 'maid jackpot' one day. Like me... I had almost given up hope of getting a good maid. But my current one so far so good. She is trfs maid... already comlpeted 4-yrs work experience wz 2 employers. Been with me for 3-months now. So far so good. Although she has HP, she only uses it at night. Of cos got 'chu' small small pattern. But so far still manageable. Thanks God! Hope this one can last at least 2-yrs. I so sianz of changing maids liaoz.

Jo,
Pls don't to NBN (Nauxxxy by Natxxx).
Agree with Lilian.
My husband and I went for the so-called free photo shoot (with make over and 2 free pics) about 2 yrs ago, think some credit card promo voucher. Their service sucks.
When we were there, we were approached by very friendly consultant. She gave alot of comments and praise you up to the sky. When we told her we only wanted the free pics after she tried to sell us expensive packages and told us what they can do (design into a book like our wedding photo album), her face turned black and became very rude to us.
In the end, we were given 2 free pics in cd but she still gave us the wrong ones bcos we didn't check from her pc. Not sure if she did it purposely or not. After which, we were left alone there and she dun bother abt us.
Bad exp, pls pls don't go.

dymples,
Last sunday birthday celebration was for my hb's side. Coming saturday will be a mini celebration at my mum's place where my few aunties n cousins will attend only.

yen,
Think they closed down already. LOL.

jo,
funny leh.my boy oso dun seem to like my MIL to carry him. reason is becoz he likes to be carried and walk ard the house. but when my MIL carries him, she'll just sit down on the sofa and play with him.haha..
kids nowadays really very clever hor? :p

Galdolphin: u don need to send her home cause she still own the loan money. send her back to the agency so that u can get a replacement. otherwise if u send her home.u be paying her loan for free le. and reali if u think she not helping much, i suggest u change her. We are not a CHARITY organization.

Jes: yeah I also think this way. but u know all maids after that got alot of pattern.

lynn, moonmummy
yup. always when i decided to send her back then her attitude change.. and the thing is i dunno y.. everytime i leave her at home then i go out by the time i come back she ok already.. attitude everything all changed.. really siao..

Jes,
thanks.. i got the link n will get the baker to bake me a cake to try before i order frm him..

gal_dolphin: i still suggest to change her.. i don want to depend on her moods to act what my next step. machaim she my BOSS.. not we cruel. my new maid coming if she don perform.. that's goes to her. NO MORE MISS NICE PERSON.

Re: Similac New Improved Forumla
Anyone of you on this? I have a friend who's son got diaper rash after taking this forumla. When change to another forumla, rash gone. Change back, rash come. Anyone got this problem? If have, can come together and ask AVA to check the forumla.

fifi
trysten currently on new similac FM. i duno if it's the FM or weather. he do have rashes on the neck area..

Lilian,
Refer to Jo's reply above. She says "think they closed down liao". Maybe can check with them if they are really close down.

I mean the new Similac forumla that has probiotic or something. Aparently a few babies got diaper area rashes after taking this milk. That is why they want to send a request to AVA to ask them to check the forumla.

One of the new ingredients may be causing allergies. And since it is not just 1 baby but a few babies who previously have no allergies to any forumla milk, they are suspecting that the ingredients are not all that suitable for babies.

hi rainbowbaby,

I'm also just order from Haven Bakery.
Also winnie the pooh strawberry cake.
Not sure if good or not. Have u try yet?
Pls let me know. Got any pix?

rainbow,

ur cake look so sweet! so many mashmallows!
how big is ur cake?

i juz place an order with him for my gal's 1st bday party on 31st oct. i duno what cake design is he going to make.

helooo mumies! been awhile since i logged in here. been really busy w work, party planning, etc...can't believe all our babies are turning 1 already! seems not too long ago we were just logging in daily to see who was giving birth each day!hahah...

Jeanneloi
oh i quite like the one at his blog...a simple colourful cake
happy.gif
so didnt ask for his opinion somemore need to pay extra for the cake topper.
I havent pay so no cmf order
sad.gif

Hope he will give me the slot on 21nov.
Will he sent u the draft for yr gal's bdae cake?

hi everybody..I've been a silent reader in this forum and just registered recently..
happy.gif
My son is born on the 30th Nov and I'm planning to order a cake from Cheryl Shuen, any feedback abt her cakes?
happy.gif

Hi greengrape/Jeanneloi ,

mine is quoted $80 for 2kg hand piped choco Winnie the Pooh strawberry shortcake. I heard alot of gd feedback on havenbakery strawberry cakes...lots of strawberries inside...

Back