(2008/11) November 2008

olwen,

can i ask why cannot give Gain IQ? my gal is on Gain ID leh.... oh dear...

wow, the gals go over and talk to him huh? yah, give him a cold shoulder and hope he realises that he is not efficient enuff. 23 is sooooo young! has he even completed his NS? hahahahaa....

happy,

the Massage lady i used last yr was Mdm Sharifah. She was doing freelance then so $60. Then this year she joined a company so they charged $85 per session loh...hiaz....

chillipadi,

megan sounds so sweet
happy.gif
She must be thrilled! I think she will also be a great help to you in taking care of ur newborn in time to come
happy.gif

Re : Cot Mattress

i will reuse the one for my gal leh... only coming 10 mths old as I bought it when she was abt 3 mths. The one i have is babysafe. So far nvr sun it before *grasped*. I also do not have those vacuum to suck out dustmites kind...how ah?

olwenlim
i was told by my gynea that we shouldn't take ginseng and tangui as baby will grow too big and we may hv difficulty to deliver unless we are going for c-section.

fifi: wah, u must be OCBC's v good customer for them to send u the card straight away. they sent me a form to fill in first & get the supp mbrs to sign. tt took some time cos my mum doesn't want me to give my dad. in the end she won cos i need her help more than i need my dad's.
biggrin.gif

yes, my email is correct. tt's y i got minkybear's email. hmmm, i realise my email lately "yi-lang" a lot of emails.

take care of yourself. so scary leh. even at 22 weeks may have risk of premature delivery?

No prob Bear,
Ya i met the agency lady and one of the confinement lady. The agency i approach is Bliss Confinement. I think a few ladies mentioned them before. There are good and bad feedbacks on them as usual so it is up to you to decide.

I met the agency lady call Doreen and her confinement lady Yuzhen yesterday. Over all ok bt have to see the confinement lady's timing. she might nt be able to make it. Doreen will help me fix another confinement lady to meet up.
Still looking out for others.
happy.gif

guru Bear: eeeee... don't scare me leh. don't tell me i need to get anor 2 new mattresses???

baby hyperstore & kingdom r actually quite near me. maybe i shd go there instead of cheong choon but from what u gals said, cheong choon sounds really cheap.

minkybear: i also didn't mean to be rude. chillipadi, don't get offended hor. but it was really funny lor.

lovedogs: i think for girls is not so bad cos girls tend to be more sedate? so if it adds some active-ness to her, u will just think it is normal. whereas for wtan, her son is already v active to begin w. alamak, yet anor girl called for the boy & i answered his phone. he is really in hi demand. he just joined us 9 mths ago after finishing NS & poly.

baby23: but if i want them to grow big, i can take it yah? becos unlike yours, mine will be premature & i need them to grow big enough by 35 weeks. maybe i take during my bed-rest. don't think i can lug an even bigger ginseng enhanced stomach to work this 5 weeks.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> Birth #</TD><TD> Gynea </TD><TD> Hospital</TD><TD> Older kids </TD><TD> Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pkum</TD><TD> 28-10-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr AL Lim</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Val </TD><TD>25-10-08 </TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD> GlenE </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misaryeo</TD><TD>01-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Patrick Weix</TD><TD> Las Colina Medical Centre (US)</TD><TD> Elliot 16.07.2006</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>DMK</TD><TD> 02-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amore</TD><TD> 03-11-08</TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD> Dr Brenda Low</TD><TD> GlenE</TD><TD> Carys 23-12-06 </TD><TD>Minnie</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Whitelily</TD><TD>03-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Marianne H</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hui</TD><TD> 04-11-08 </TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD> Dr Christopher Chong </TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>Jovial 17-05-07</TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kaya</TD><TD>04-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyzel</TD><TD> 05-11-08</TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maggie</TD><TD> 05-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Adrian W</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamyjo</TD><TD> 05-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr SN Lim</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>MinkeyBear</TD><TD>05-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Soon</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>PeachyPeach</TD><TD>05-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Chan</TD><TD> Glen E</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peggy </TD><TD>06-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Leow </TD><TD>Pantai Hospital (M'sia) </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fifi</TD><TD>06-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Glad_Gal</TD><TD> 06-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD> 07-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol</TD><TD> 08-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yoyosan</TD><TD>08-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Chua</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD>08-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD>Dr Ted Lim</TD><TD> Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Spin</TD><TD> 09-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Jayda Aw 05-06-07</TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chillipadi</TD><TD> 09-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Tan Hak Koon</TD><TD> SGH</TD><TD> Megan-Beth 07-02-04</TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mama gene</TD><TD> 09-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Wong MF</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunnypoo</TD><TD>09-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Auggy Bear</TD><TD>09-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Madeline Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lovedogs</TD><TD> 10-11-08 </TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD>Dr KH Chan </TD><TD> GlenE</TD><TD> Tessa 13-05-07</TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>10-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Su Mei </TD><TD>11-11-08 </TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jjmom </TD><TD>11-11-08</TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD> KKH-TPS </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Haru </TD><TD>11-11-08 </TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD> Dr KH Chan</TD><TD> GlenE </TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Liv </TD><TD>11-11-08 </TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr Adrian </TD><TD> TBC </TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD> 11-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Yu Fei 28-12-06</TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby23</TD><TD>11-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dey</TD><TD>12-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr Chin YK</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD> Nathan 28 Nov 2006</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nikki</TD><TD>14-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut00</TD><TD> 15-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>15-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vincy </TD><TD>16-11-08 </TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr KT Tan</TD><TD> KKH </TD><TD>Venice 29-06-06 </TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amy</TD><TD> 16-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> Rae 05-08-06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>16-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD> East Shore</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wtan</TD><TD>16-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Koh GH</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD> Maverick 3-Oct-06</TD><TD>Mickey</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olwenlim</TD><TD>16-11-08</TD><TD>#2’3’4</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Ignatius 7 y o</TD><TD> Mickey’Minne’</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen</TD><TD>17-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cookieoreo</TD><TD>17-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr K H Chan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD> Damien 30/09/06</TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jynnsan</TD><TD>18-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Jeanette Chen</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alibaba</TD><TD> 18-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbhuimin</TD><TD> 19-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy </TD><TD>19-11-08 </TD><TD>#2 </TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> TMC </TD><TD>Clara 22-02-06 </TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilian </TD><TD>19-11-2008 </TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr GH Koh</TD><TD> Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sansforum</TD><TD> 20-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Crisanta 16 Dec 2005</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Favoured</TD><TD>23-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr W K Tan</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lala</TD><TD> 24-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Ang Huay Yan </TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>Charisse 6 -07- 2006</TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD> Milderina</TD><TD> 24-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Chen Chern Yen </TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>Charlene Ng 03-01-2007 </TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ryatie22</TD><TD> 24-11-08 </TD><TD>#3 </TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Qistina 17/09/2004 &amp; Qasdina 31/07/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fabbie</TD><TD> 25-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snnowy</TD><TD>25-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Goh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milkshake</TD><TD>26-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FeatherG</TD><TD>26-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD> 27-11-08 </TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD>Dr Tan YG </TD><TD> Raffles </TD><TD> Anthea 12-03-07</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bibi</TD><TD> 27-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr GH Koh</TD><TD> Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bear</TD><TD> 28-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cyn</TD><TD>29-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Enne</TD><TD> 30-11-08 </TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Legolas 01/03/2007</TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meowie</TD><TD>30-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr TC Chang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Chloe 25.09.2006</TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Niuniu</TD><TD>30-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Janell 29.09.2005</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mosh</TD><TD> 30-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liauw</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Mum</TD><TD>03-12-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Firstbaby</TD><TD> 03-12-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Shannyn 28-12-06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milkie</TD><TD></TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr KL Tan</TD><TD> Mt E</TD><TD> Yoo-ri 16-01-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

<font size="+2">Mickey: Minnie</font>
<font size="+2">22:18</font>

haru, I'm not having a confinement lady. My mil used to cook for sil when she had her confinement. She will roughly take 2 weeks to teach full-time maid how to cook and take care of bb then back to work this time round.

baby23, my husband's fren had C-section and had her post-natal massage 2 weeks after delivery.

haru/jo>
i was tinking to ask my mil to take few days leave too... help to teach maid to take care of new born.. but i duno she is ok with it anot..haiz. As for food wise, i shld be catering.. save all the hassle. becos gotta to provide ingredient even got a CL. DO you gals tink maid can manage? cos she oso gotta prepare the herbal water for me to bathe...

olwen, thanks for informing me.. have been staying tuned to the page to see when it's arriving =) i also feel happie shopping for baby's stuff =P

Fifi, oh dear. are u better today? did u have any contractions? pls rest as much as u can ok? did the MO say why u had cramps? was it ligament pains?

Olwen, erm i think the mattress not very ex right? but then again, u are buying for 3 so it is 3xs the cost.. may be u make use of the ample sunshine and keep shining them. sunshine works better than vacuum.
happy.gif

Re: chinese herbs
I dun wanna take any chinese herbs but my MIL insist that i take.. very pek chek with her. last evening hb and her argued becos she cooks us ONE meal a wk. She feels that if she mixed veggies and meat together, that's consider TWO dishes. cos got both meat and vegs!!! so she cooks one HUGE dish for us, that's all! eat already also sian. some more she dun use oil, dun use salt, dun use any seasonings.. so yucky.. hb told her to try add a bit of taste then they started arguing lor. sigh... ONE meal only leh...

I have sent out the updated Nov MTB list. Please check ur junk mail folder too. Cos it might be sent there!

Nov MTBs first gathering: buffet - Straits Kitchen/ Vienna?
Date: 11th/18th/25th Jul

1) Olwen - no preference for place / all 3 dates
2) Bear - Straits Kitchen/ all 3 dates
3) Minkybear - straits kitchen/ 11 july
4) Peanut - 11/18th Jul. Any buffet place. The Line.. wow.. *o*
5) Blessed mum
6) Jo - okay for all dates
7) Alibaba - shld be ok for all 3 dates =)
8) Yoyosan
9) Jenn - venue anywhere 11th/25th
10) Vincy
11) wtan - vote for 18th
12) cookieoreo - no preference for place &amp; date
13) JJmom - 18 or 25 July
14) Vel (Su Mei)- 18 or 25 july
15) Auggybear - Straits Kitchen/ 11 or 18 July
16) Fifi - no preference for place as long got crab/ all 3 dates ok for now

So how our gathering? seems like 18th Jul is the most popular date. Shall we fix it on that day then?

And where shd we go and eat? so many suggestions. Can somebody be nice and call Straits Kitchen at Hyatt and ask for the price?

hui: it's "ye shan ren sheng". my husband says the wild kind.

Jenn: becos the baby stuff is so cute mah. makes u feel happy seeing it.

guru Bear: u r right lor. maybe better to be safe than sorry. the mattress we bot yesterday was only $18.90. your MIL v stressed looking after other grandchildren izzit? but less seasoning is better than more. u can always add, yah?

abt the gathering, r we considering triple 3? i checked w ocbc, fifi's robinson plat card cannot, must be ocbc plat mastercard &amp; must use original voucher sent to the cardmember
sad.gif

Olwen:
I think they send in batches and my surname starts with C. Anyway I got no sub card so easier I guess.

As long as got contractions, I think they will be careful. And I think for me they check oso coz they scared its contractions and I say its cramps. Lolx. Mainly they want to ensure no rish of premature delivery and baby's heartbeat is good. My hubby say its probably I need to drink more water &amp; my mum thinks I'm tired that's why.

Ginseng:
My grandma says yong sum (cantonese) cannot take coz cooling. pao sum (cantonese) can take. I think its different types of ginseng.

Bear:
Thanks. No contractions. Just some cramps. Like menstral cramps like that... but its not just at the side so the MO say might not be ligaments. She say that sometimes will have cramps de. May be urinal tract infection or for no specific reason.

Olwen, erm does anybody have that card then? or the vouchers? if yes we can always consider it.

No, my MIL is a housewife. she does nothing the whole day lor. now that she cooks once a wk for us, she makes it sounds like she is doing a lot. I come from a Peranakan family. our food is always hot and spicy, full of flavours. Hers is bland that her whole family prefers to eat out. I dunno why she cannot add a bit more seasoning in her food! she keeps telling me salt not gd for me but i told her my bp so low liao doc tell me to take more salt! Last wk she asked me wat i wanna eat, i said steam chicken i also happy. BUT she immediately want to remove the skin of the chicken! how can?! i keep telling her that my body is not like hers. I m young and i need my nutrition.. ended up she complained to my hb so they argued lor.. cos even my hb told her if its so tough, might as well dun cook for us.

Ya, i think u shd just get new mattresses. U dunno the old mattresses kena pee and poo how many times and wat's living happily in them! hahaha... :p

Fifi, glad to hear that! rest rest rest. was the pain very bad? i did hear that dehydration causes cramps and pains.

fifi: y water? low amniotic fluid? don't work so hard lah. i sound v evil. if there's any bosses in this thread, they will hammer me. but after my first pregnancy, i find it really not worth to work so hard while pregnant. not appreciated.

the names of the ginseng so confusing. nvm, i keep it till i'm on MC. then i got time to find out whether it's safe to take or not.

Bear: oh, u peranakan. no wonder u r so lively. my husband is teochew baba but cannot speak a word of baba. but he loves to eat nonya food especially ayam buah keluak.

ask her to leave the seasonings on the table then u add as much as u want yourself?

curious leh, if u're having problem w her now, then how after u give birth? will u ask her to look after or your own mum? i can tell u intend to carry on working so u won't be able to look after yourself.

ohhh, i don't have the ocbc card. my husband has but i don't think he can supp to me at such short notice.
sad.gif
anybody else have the card, minkybear, su mei, peanut, anybody?

eee... don't scare me leh "living happily in them"????

Olwen, u makaned yet?

HAhaha.. Peranakans are lively meh? heehee.. i can tell u we enjoy our food.. must be hot, spicy and sour! Ya my late granny used to cook wonderful buah keluah. the preps time very long man.. the nuts have to soak for one whole wk before u can cook it. anyway now that she is no longer here, my family is trying to replicate that dish.. still got room for improvement but def better than eating those outside. last wk i went to 2 separate Nonya restaurants and even my hb remarked that the buah keluah no kick.. :p

U shd know lah, once u cook something liao, if u add the seasonings aft the dish has cooled, it doesn't taste nice. not everything can take with soy sauce also. Need flavours like garlic, onions and pepper. she doesn't use those lor. plus if u add salt when the food is not hot, it won't melt and u will be eating salt grains. she doesn't know how to use oyster sauces or sesame oil.

I dunno what would happen when i give birth although she will be taking care of my bb. she does a gd job babysitting (used to be a babysitter), very clean and the food she cooks is def healthy for the bb. I guess its her nagging that i have to put up with. hb and i decided that i will send the bb there before i go to work (cos she can't nag at me in the morn) and he will pick the bb up in the evening (so she nags at his own son). i don't usually tell her off.. i normally say things have already changed so she must also change with times lor. my SIL warned me on the quiet a couple of wks back. she said may be getting a bb sitter would be much better than asking my MIL to take care cos my MIL fly her aeroplane a few times when she was taking care of her daughters.

$40+++ is ok right? cos if anybody has UOB Infinite aft discount abt $39 per pax.. quite ok for a gd buffet.
happy.gif

Alibaba ur cc for UOB is the Infinite one?

alibaba, I think the maid should be able to manage. But we planned to let the maid knows that when bb arrives, bb will be the priority. Any baby needs will have to come first before household chores. Cos after 2mths ML, we intend to leave the maid and bb at home. No choice. So she should jus attend to bb only when nobody at home.

bear, if you and hb dun like then dun go home for dinner loh. Wont be so pek chek anymore.
I dun have the UOB Infinite card. I'm fine with gg Straits Kitchen.

bear, i'm fine with going anywhere though.. so it's confirmed on 18th right? I only have citibank and DBS cards.. if it helps..

Bear: she doesn't even put garlic &amp; ginger? my goodness. she sounds like those v devout buddhist vegans. oh dear. looks like even after your bb born, u better eat out otherwise your hb will be arguing w her non-stop. will u get a maid to help her or she's strong enough to manage? my MIL insisted we must get a maid to help her when my son was born. then 3 mths later, the maid declared she didn't want to work for us anymore cos she said my MIL v horrible. hope tt doesn't happen to u.

oh, forgot to tell u gals tt uob infinite is only held by CEO's &amp; such. i think minimum income is $180K per year or something like tt. my colleagues already checked it out when we went there 2 mths ago. but if anybody has hyatt card, there's 10% off. i c if i can borrow one.

Cordlife vs Stemcord
For cordlife, FBI member get $450 discount. so after discount it'll be $950+7% as compared to Stemcord $850+7%
, about $100+ difference. Jus now was talking with the cordlife sales, i asked her about the contamination during birth. $600 is unfundable due to the process of testing etc. (but it's v low risk)

In Dilemma, choosing which cordbank. any advise here?

Chillipadi,
Congrats on your minnie.

Haru,
You can consider Avent Isis Uno electric pump. it cost around $279. You can also convert it to manual pump if you want to. That is the advantage.

Bear,
Your MIL don't usually cook one is it? I do know of my gf's MIL who does not cook at all and her hubby eat zhi char since young. Even now, she would expect my gf to buy dinner for her. But at least it the thought that she bother to wip up something that counts
happy.gif

Jenn> ya definately bb will be 1st priority. becos if during confinement, i might need help as well.. duno can cope anot...Also dun wish to get any side effect if nv well taken care of.. my mil told me bb shld be with me all round -_-" tot we're suppose to rest as well!?

Olwen/bear> wah. den definately dun have infinite card!! haha.

bear,

me confused liao... so shd we sun our mattress? aiyoh, ur MIL's cooking sounded so boring... i will sure go out and makan.... wont bother to eat her meals.

olwen,

oh gain IQ makes them active? Oh dear...coz my gal is always at hyper active mode...could it be due to Gain IQ? but she has been on similac so naturally, progressed her to GAIN IQ. what other brands do u recommend?

Date: 11th/18th/25th Jul

5) Blessed mum
8) Yoyosan
10) Vincy
11) wtan - vote for 18th
17) kash - 18th July/anywhere...

may i know what time r we meeting? earlier the better coz i can't stay too late...

haru..
manual ones althou once u get the hang of it, u can draw out more supply..but it may made ur hands tired coz of the squeezing momentum..if u intend to bf for long..maybe can consider at least a single electric one if u dun think u want a double electric ones..as for confinement food..if not u can consider catering confinement food while ur parents can help out in caring baby..

chilipadi..
ur girl is so sweet..but emma-jane is indeed a nice name..so nice ah..jie-jie to choose name for mei-mei..so sweet..m sure she will dote on mei-mei alot..it's nice of ur hb to be able to take 2 wks leave to help out..cool~

olwen..
oic..no wonder u hv to cover up for him aft 5pm..sigh..i hope things gets better for u soon..if not u gg to be so tired out urself..but u got to rest wesp when u hv 3 leh..cant overwork urself &amp; not rest enough then go back to work too..oic..dun give Gain IQ ah..then in that case..maybe i will consider switching him to Dumex..saw this new one frm NTUC..wonder if that's gd..hee..seems v healthy to me with those vege..

fifi..
do take gd care too..dun over exert urself hor..u can consider "Amma"..lol..i hv this forum mummy that changed the spelling of Elvis to Alvis..cool ah..

bear..
thks for sharing on the vaccum on mattress..appreciate that..ya..i do agree with u..dun think it's advisable to do that as well..since we dun "clean" up 100% of the vacuum cleaner to use it on the mattress..

minkybear..
oh..didnt know abt the brand ah..thks for sharing too..aa..as for the CL agency, think it's better to meet up the CL too..hope u get a gd one bcoz my gf have q a bad experience with this CL agency..during her confinement, she changed 3 CL &amp; hv no choice but to stick with the 3rd CL till she's full mth..

alibaba..
think u shd find out more abt the storing &amp; also usage before u decide lo..also better to understand the whole arrangement..hee..

alibaba: hahaha! i also definitely don't have.

how nice for u gals to be able to choose stemcord &amp; cordlife. my hubby &amp; i were v keen on pte cord banking for our no. 2 but now cannot cos doctors strongly advise agst it for twins &amp; triplets.

why not u just book your MIL for the first 2 weeks &amp; if u find your maid is v capable, can manage by herself then u can tell your MIL no need to come. easier to book her first than ask her to come over last minute, yah?

alamak, my paralegal boy so sweet. he heard me sighing &amp; asked whether i am ok. makes me feel bad complaining abt him this morning.

Enne/Kash/wtan> in actual fact the more i know the more confuse i am. haha. cos so chemical. oso duno which type is better... tink better consult gynae about tis two cord bank. listen to specialist. scurly he said no pt have cordbanking leh. haha.

But so far i tink cordlife is the more popular choice. ^_^

*yawn* good afternoon all...

wow the dinner list getting longer and longer.. almost 20 attending now!.. not including those who may be bringing hubby/kids? Wah wher to find such big table tsk tsk..

lovedogs: hmmm... it may be the milk then. the sinseh did mention there r a few brands which r over-fortified, not only gain iq. but i only took note of gain iq becos my son was taking it then. so i switched him to neslac. my son also took similac as a baby then progressed to gain. neslac is nice &amp; the taste is quite pleasant. i know cos we had to finish it for him a couple of times when he was in a fussy mood. but not sure abt other brands cos we were quite loyal to nestle after switching. even now, he is taking nespray 5+.

wtan: i thinking of "geng-ing" after 25 weeks instead of 27. dr loh strongly encourages me to do tt but i still worried i will have no more job after i give birth.

i also saw the dumex one w veggies. thot of trying tt on my son (my guinea pig) but dumex doesn't give samples of it cos too new. btw, y don't u join all those friso club, dumex club &amp; what not then u can request samples from them to try? love dogs too, u can try all the samples first &amp; c which one she likes.

alibaba,

yes, suggest u consult with ur gynae
happy.gif

olwen,

u very funny...hahaha...is the young boy cute? guess at 23 yrs old, he is in the right age to play the field to the fullest...best is to play enuff till the max then settle down
happy.gif

wtan,

ur boy doesn't like the normal NAN? When i had my gal, i asked the PD in the hospital which milk to recommend if I need FM. He also recommended NAN 1HA. So hb went to buy 1 tin which was only available in 900g. In the end, I breastfed and had to throw away the the tin after using about 4times only... i think HA is good for NB rite? i heard enfapro is very good too...i let my gal tried enfalac b4 but she constipated from that...

olwen,

she ok with gainIQ so i think i will stick to it. Dumex do send out samples. They delivered Dumex Step 2 to me twice I think. I gave it to my frens who were using Dumex.

actually, why dun u take your HL. If your company really mean enuff to let u go after ML, u can always look for another job? what field r u in?

alibaba..
just fyi la..for my #1, we donated his cordblood to SCBB...hee..bcoz we read that if needed to use the cordblood hor, can only allow to use if not due to genetic illnesses..also there's a certain unit of cordblood required for a certain weight &amp; abv..something like that..

olwen..
ah..u shd try to start "relaxing" off-work asap..no point adding more stress on urself too..u must be happy at work also..coz if not will affect the 3 kids too..dun be overly-worried abt the job la..we mummies are protected for a certain period before giving birth &amp; right aft giving birth too..dun think i want to try out the rest la..too many options liao..infact i was thinking of Neslac or Nan 3 or the Dumex one..keke..

kash..
norm NAN i hvnt try la..that's why if want to switch can consider lo..coz NAN HA2 is v ex leh..my pocket burning liao..lol..

Re: cot mattress
Yes, sun ur mattress rather than vacuum it. the sun is an amazing disinfectant!
happy.gif

Jo, Snnowy, Olwen, I also dun want her to cook but she kept insisting lor. we told her its only one meal so really not much a difference if we eat out but she said one meal better than none. now she keep saying cooking that one meal so difficult blah blah blah.. i told my hb like that better not ask her to cook. all the guilt trip.. i cannot understand why she dun wanna learn how to cook better since she has nothing to do at home!

Alibaba, which one stores the blood in different packs? i would choose that one.
happy.gif

Date: 18th Jul

5) Blessed mum
8) Yoyosan
10) Vincy
11) wtan - vote for 18th
17) kash - 18th July/anywhere...

We fix it on 18th Jul! BUT place still open to discussion!

lovedogs: the young boy is not particularly handsome but he is tall. i guess there r not enough young boys in the bank for the young girls to mix w so tt explains his popularity haha.

yes, u r right, if children r quite happy w the milk, then not so advisable to switch. most impt thing is tt they drink!

hmmm... i not so worried abt being fired after ML cos by tt time i got my ML already. more worried abt being fired &amp; not paid my ML. like Jenn. i'm working in a bank. legal dept.

wtan: yes, u r right tt i shd put my babies as priority. gruntz. i c how long more i can tahan until. maybe just monday blues.

actually i remember the last few years nestle was giving out full cans of neslac to mummies at raffles place as long as u produce your child's birth cert. y not u surf nestle website &amp; c if u can get samples to try first?

alibaba-Yeah agreed some say no pt keeping but I think buy as a form of insurance lo... hehe.. CORDLIFE think is what some form of national recognized or smth like that thus more popular choice ba.

re:milk powder
Gain makes kid active?.. my boy on Enfagrow.. also very active ler.. seems Gain very popular choice hor.. my boy used to be on Similac but changed to Enfa coz feel too heaty and thick. Enfa so far so good.

wtan,

i agree with olwen, why dun u call up nestle and ask them for sample? I called up abbott recently and they offered to send me pedisure sachets samples...

bear,

thanks! I will sun it then
happy.gif
btw, any time u will be setting for the dinner? can anyone meet as early as 6.15pm or 6.30pm? heehee...

olwen,

yah loh, ur 3 babies more impt than a job! so remember if ur body sends u any signal....forget abt the job....

guru Bear: sometimes, some ppl just got no knack for cooking no matter how they try. some have the talent without any training at all. but i agree, she shdn't make such a fuss abt cooking if she doesn't like doing it. or insist tt u guys eat her food if it's not nice. there's lots of places which sell tasty nutritious food if u look around.

Enne,

think Cordlife is accredited by some US cordblood banking association thingy why Stemcord is not. but how valuable this accredition is i dunno lah :p however, due to gynae's recommendation, I went for CordLife.

Wtan,

I wanted to donate my 1st child's cordblood to SCBB too. BUt the hospital i delivered in did not have any tie up with SCBB then. I gave birth in May and the tied up only happened in June. Such a waste.. hiaz

Back