(2008/11) November 2008

Hello ladies!! Been a long time since I logged in here!! Merry Christmas to all of you!!
happy.gif

Have a favor to ask, which childcare/preschool is good in the central area? I'm late into the game, cos my girl turning 4 soon?!? I think most of the kids are already in preschool. Thanks in Adv!

Mummy: Which part of Central? Orchard? I know of friends whose kids are in Julia Gabriel, Eton House and their schools are pretty good, and class ratio is small ie: 1:3 type..

Soho, red hill area. I think the schools u mentioned are v expensive!! :p looking for more value. Is anyone attending st James church kindergarten or pats school house?

St James already on waitlist. Quite hard to get in..but u can call to check. My kid got in but we decided not to join. They have new campus in 2012. Leedon.

Hi all, ML has ended. Back at work today!!
sad.gif

Mummy (zeal): Long time no see!! Pat schoolhse also not cheap :p you want full day childcare or preschool (2-3 hours)?? Cc got like Cambridge, LV and Little Champions at Bukit Merah Central. Little Skoolhouse at Alexandra Hosp. Preschool got Trueway Presby(where my boy is) at Queenstown MRT, Damien Kindy etc.

gladgal: 4 mths ended so soon..? wow how time flies wor!! Hope you had a good break, who takes care of bb now..?

Hope you've recovered well!

Soho: Yes.. 4 mths fly by so quickly! Start work with mixed feelings :p oh well anyway this is the best option for me and family.
Mum helping to take care of both. Really hope she can cope esp now G having holidays so whole day at home. I know can be tiring! But have engaged a part time helper so at least I m not so stress w chores now.

glad_gal: Thats good..ur mum's really sweet to be helping you! I see nowadays see many mum 'siam' like my MIL woahaha..So i depend on myself and maids...
happy.gif
I also glad nowadays she not around..no more nagging..*peaceful ears*.

hello!
how is everyone?

gladgal
good to be back at work but bet u miss the kiddos! its always a mixed feelings.
happy.gif

how is ah lian doing?

ah jes, u took long leave ah?
AH Lian is fine
happy.gif
Enjoying my rest at home, watching TV drama everyday. Now dun feel like gg back to work. kakaka... Can see tummy getting bigger faster than last time. Snacked too much liao.

ah lian
not very long lah. 1 week only.
fairly busy before that so hardly come in and chat.
good to hear you are doing fine.
happy.gif

nvm, just eat since u hv good appetite.
when you back at work?

oh, i need advise about breastpump. Is it worthwhile to ship from US? Which US site? Need to convert voltage?
Or who got gd working pump to let go?

ah jes, i tink my old pump still can use, but its a 2nd hand pump pass down from a relative. I suspect t motor isn't as gd liao. hmmm.. maybe i shd dig it out and test it. I see the SMH BP, not cheap to buy a new one
sad.gif

ya, otherwise maybe see who has a 2nd hand to let go. pumps are expensive and it's not something we will use for many years too...

Hi all,

Am back from my cruise. I enjoyed myself - resting, eating. The kids enjoyed it too. The cruise is really family friendly - food, service, etc. All the waiters and stateroom attendents all learnt tricks to amuse kids. The food was fabulous, especially the desserts... I wonder how much I gained. :p

Glad_gal, thanks for the info! I am now in a dilemma whether to send her to a 3 hr kindergarten or full day childcare/preschool. I'll be having my 2nd one in feb.. Waiting for maid to come. Really afraid I can't cope..

FIFi, how much is the cruise and how many days package? Sounds like a lot of fun!!

zeal,

The price depends on which cabins you take so if you are keen, you have to check out their website. They have different cruise ships in Singapore each period so prices vary too.

As for which childcare or kindy, basically I think you do not have that much of a choice now as most of the ones near our place are all full. If you want to send #1 to school/childcare, best you call and see what is still available and just try it out. No point we suggest but all are waiting lists that are like 20-30 names long (i.e. you wont have a space until maybe 1 year later or more).

Hi Mummies,

I would like to fid out do ur kiddos have meltdowns like almost everyday? Suddenly bad mood, cry non-stop, cannot talk keep crying...I am having it, so terrible I wanna get depression liao...

I wish I can send her to 365 days school so I can have some peace.

How do u deal with such situations? Mine is a terror.

Merry Christmas!

Soho, do u know t reason behind her meltdowns? Was she throwing tantrums? My girl has mood swings too, usually after she wake up.

Fifi, do u think R Caribbean is better than star cruise?
Is t food quality gd?

Merry post Christmas!!
countdown to few more days of 2011...

soho
i think all kids have tantrums and mood swings. for me, if V is in that bad mood, i will just ignore her until she calms down. but of cos gotta know if the tantrums is just pure tantrums or if she really needs something or what. kids nowadays are hard to tackle...
try to take some time off to break away from kids. you must be very stressed having to handle 3.

Morning all
happy.gif
! Lucky is another short week this week.

Jes: yeah mixed feelings!

Lian: See if got 2nd pump under the WTS thread?

Fifi: The cruise sounds good!

Soho: My boy usu has an average of 1 tantrum every day. Sometimes minor sometimes major meltdown
sad.gif
have to really be very patient but usu I get very angry and don't feel likeeven talking to him. Get another person to talk to your gal? Usu my hb will step in if he sees I cannot take it and vice versa. He will usu say 'Sorry' after a long session with him. Hiaz as they get older gets more challenging.

Fifi, to my surprise there are still vacancies.. I just can't figure which one is better. Oh well, we will all figure it out some how or other I guess.

Glad_gal, thanks for the recommendations!

Soho, my gal has her moments too. I will check 3 things before being harsh with her. Over-Tired? Over-Hungry? Or wet (diaper or pants)? So I will change her, feed her or get her to sleep. If all fails then I will threaten to put her at the noti corner....

Zeal:
Then go visit the schools/childcare and see which one your gal takes to. For my case, I was looking for childcare for #2 and only 1-2 had vacancies left. That is why I tell you to see if got vacancies. No vacancies then no need to think. Consider only those with vacancies and the best way is to visit.

Lilian, glad_gal and Mummy:

My girl very manja type..will like 101% attention so when i dun play with her for one min. she will meltdown. Also when wake up from sleep sometimes meltdown oso...

RE: POSTAL SERVICE

I have heard some mummies here before using this service. Can I know whats this service called and who provides it..?

Amazon.com does not deliver item to Singapore so this service will ship to US address and help us ship to Singapoore...anyone can advise?

soho, VPost u mean?

Think u have to train ur girl lor, cannot 100% have your time. Esp now u have 2 bbs to take care of

Gynae extended my MC for another 2 mths --__--"
Placenta lying low and causing spotting. BP also on t high side whenever i see him
Tsk.. old liao so much problem

Lilian: I think better for you to bedrest more..also walk less stairs.

Yesh,,, now trying to discipline her..else climb over my head.

Soho
Think some of us here used vpost bef.
Personally i feel their service can b improved.
There r other alternatives, u can chk the oversea spree thread for more info.

Fifi, can't #2 join #1 in the same childcare? Then you don't have to run 2 places. which childcare are they currently enrolled in and do u recommend them? What's are the strong points and weak ones? Thanks for sharing!

Soho:
Time to be abit stricter and start using cane. My gal rarely have meltdowns. Some mild tantrums now and then is normal but its controlled. I don't condone tantrums even by my son.

Lian:
Take care. Really stay home ok. Then rem what I told you. No sex, no carrying heavy things (i.e. no carrying your #1), no squats. And really lie/sit more. If you need, get those stockings for blood circulation in your legs.

Zeal:
My gal is not in childcare and not intending to send her to one. She is in Kindergarten.

Zeal, i m due in end May. But due to current condition, might c sect in early May. Hehe.. Same period as some of our expecting mummies here.

Saw Liv post on FB! Congrats Liv on t arrival of her princess

Fifi, hai.. I googled n read that t chances of placenta moving upwards for me is not great cos i had csect bef. If it continues to lie low, it will b v risky for me in 3rd tri.
I may have to rest at home till i deliver. Omg.. Omg..

I should be getting a prince this time. Kkmum's left right magic works !!!

Lian,

What your gynae say? Wah that's a long rest wor. Almost 5-6 months in total coz you started in early Dec right? Wah... shiok but your entitlement for Hospitalisaion Leave enuff anot? Or gonna use Maternity Leave early? Or no pay leave?

Ah lianz..
wah another 2mths of bedrest.. that's long and boring.. your company will be getting someone to cover you in the meantime? Haiz.. is it really got to do with age? So i forsee if i really get pregnant again it wont be as easy as last time le..

kid's tantrum:
umm... tot that's quite normal? or i've gotten numb to it? There is no one such day whereby my gal will not 1. cry... 2. refuse to listen.. 3. go without scolding from me..

Esp hate it when i've to repeat myself all the time on something which she refuses to obey

peanut: Mine also like tat..sometimes so fed up with the insistent crying that i will just lift her up and put her into one corner.

lilian: any thing the doc can do to help or medication to help?

lilian: I remembered my pregnancy also v.v. tough...i remembered asking about amniotic fluid here as mine was on low side. However managed to overcome after drinking a lot of water and more rest.

Lilian, there's still time to may.. Rest well and hope you get better as the days goes by!

My gal had a meltdown right before the NEw year... I think too much chocolates might be the culprit!
sad.gif

Happy new year to all mummies here!
happy.gif

Happy new year mummies!

ah lian
more rest is good for you. pls take care and rest lots. wow the turn left-right thingy works again!!! unbelievable, hahaha

Back