(2008/10) Oct 2008

<font color="ff6000"> thanks everyone....
happy.gif

nope, not taking any tonic... only folic acid and multivitamins... I ate chicken soup with red dates today though, is that considered Pu Tang? :p</font>

<font color="ff6000">was just told today by Doc not to eat Sharks meat or Sharks fin, marlin fish or swordfish. Cos of the proven high mercury content in these fish.</font>

Hi Juz Me (dimension),

Yes, my 1st one is girl. Let me take a picture tonite and paste here tomorrow ;-)

Hi Jane Lin,

Yes, my mother and MIL told me not as they said sting ray is very "du"...but dun know how real lar.. no worries..just ignore ba.

Hi elchwong (elchwong),

No wine and liq ok. No dome pls...as it will affect the fetal.

wow .. so active this thread .. i just realised that Dr Adrian's charges so different from all individual .. so funny de ...

congrats .. Calla Lilies ..

Dr Adrian told me "no pineapple tarts" during my first visit, so I refrain from all pineapple stuff.

I din know that we can't take shark's fin soup. Maybe my discharge is due to the bowl that I took last Friday. Sob Sob..

serious - no sting ray... i just had craving last wk and ate it... nevermind, already had.. so better don't eat liao..

shark fin, crave also but havn't eat yet... lol

Jess Lee...thks! Luckily I din have any since my last menses reported!

Precious...oh no I took lots of pineapple tarts these 2 wks even till tdy!

Hi to all new Oct MTB! Congrats and welcome.

I also ask Dr Adrian abt the pineapple tarts and he said better not take. But its too late coz I alredi ate 20-30 pcs before tested +ve. But I hv stop taking them since Dr Adrian's visit.

I also took a bowl of shark's fin last weekend..hope it does not affect bb..Now kinda regret. Sigz..

My nx visit to Adrian is this Thurs, hope can see heartbeat too. Seems like there are quite alot of Oct mommies seeing Dr Adrian. Keke..he must be v.busy. Hope he dun hv to do 2-3 deliveries at the same time =p

ladies: another thing to take note and from what i know this is quite serious one... preggies can't take "broad beans"(i called it pian dou). U know those camel, tong garden brands one... that one we cannot eat!!

Hi

After looking at all the posting on the food to eat. Getting worried. Me seemed to have eaten so many of those "banned" food stuff like shark fish meat, pineapple tarts etc.
I also heard that we should avoid raw food - so not sure if this applies to raw veggies in salad?
I didn't know I was expecting earlier so ate all those things and somemore used microwave oven at home to cook. Any one heard if this is harmful? sorry so concerned... this is my 1st preggie.

<font color="ff6000">oh i didn't know that... i know I have a cousin who is allergic to bian dou.

btw, is it common for people to see more than one gynae at the start? Cos initially i arranged to see another TMC gynae 2 weeks after i saw the MAH one. but then after today the MAH one said I should come back after 2 weeks to see him to confirm EDD.

I paiseh to say I'm seeing another gynae then... so made appt. so now going to see TMC gynae in the morning first, then after that to the MAH one again. Kinda waste money hor? Then also dunno what to tell the TMC one - I'm coming to see you so that I can figure out who I'm more comfortable with?

Shang1 Nao3 Jing1.</font>

hi ladies: with so many things that we cant eat and worst if got MS then left with not muc choice! Sian hor.......... Then with me having gestational diabetes history worst!!!! Really can go fasting liao

Hi dimpletot

I think it is alright. As long as you don't sign up the package yet.
I asked around and some of my friends do see more than one gynae for initial visits before you settle on one you are most comfortable with and sign up with a package ba.

Hi Jess
Raw veggie banned too? I think I must have taken so many liao. Hope will not be too harmful so far?

List of banned foods

(1) Stir Ray
(2) Sashimi (Raw fish)
(3) Raw veg
(4) Glass Jelly
(5) Shark fin / fish
(6) Martin fish
(7) Sword fish
(8) pineapple
(9)

anyone wan to contribue ?

just came back from Dr Adrian's clinc for the 2nd blood test. he say tmr night see him again to hear the result. so scary...btw, he ask me to continue to take the hormones pills, dunno is it still useful anot...i get another box from him and it cost $25 ! blood test at $40. today he did not charge me for the consultation. so nice of him.

<font color="119911">dimpletot>> i think should be ok to cancel wif ur MAH unless u decided to stick wif him le (juz say not free?). i feel now is best to try around gynae b4 u sign up a package so dun worry so much and find a gynae u comfy with. =)

actually i feel if never eat a lot nvm lah. my gynae oso say, all thing in moderation. now know le then eat less lor. i know nuts is nono for the ppl who suffer allergy to nuts. the rest of us should be ok i think? except for a few strict nos from my gynae is processed meats (ham etc) and caffiene. sharks fin all these, the actual amount of sharks fin inside one small bowl of soup i think is very minimal ;P
</font>

btw, anyone knows why the blood test need to take on the same hand ?? the 1st blood test is no pain at all and the blood flow out very smoothly and fast. today did the 2nd blood test on the same hand again ! the blood seems like not flowing out...very slow and Dr Adrian has to keep pressing my hand to make the blood flow out, so painful loh ! then he keep apologising to me and i say is ok...think must eat some bu ping to bu the blood liao

<font color="ff6000">thanks guys for your advice. I was thinking maybe go to see MAH dr for the second appt at 8 weeks, and then after that he will probably say only need to come back one month later, then in between I go and see the TMC doctor...

i think blood test any hand also can... maybe he thot since last time came out so easily then this time also will be the same...

i am eating sunflower seeds now.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="119911">porky>>hey i think no nid same hand lei. mabbe he forgot he took from that hand ytd? he din ask u to squeese a fist and release? encourages blood flow</font>

Hi Porky,

Just would like to post some real story of mine here to encourage you. This happened during my 1st pregnancy.

My 1st pregnancy :-

I was visting dr andrian after the test kit show +ve. He did a scan and i could see a sac with a tiny dot but no heartbeat so dr adrian asks me to visit him again 2 weeks later. and then i got a very mild spotting...(very little) to be safe, i visited him again. But this time, he scan nothing but a "star" shape. and he told me "baby" already gone liao...i cant believe. He then withdrew my blood for hormone test x 2 times. one now and one 3 days later to see whether the hormone level increase or not. If not tat's mean bb gone liao...the 1st thing i reached home is pray...pray to the GOD. Pray he can help me to turn the star shape to circle and pray for bb heartbbeat. i was given 3 days MC if i m not wrong. I cried for days and then took another blood test after 3 days but the final result only out 2 days later after the 2nd test which is Monday. On the Monday, dr adrian told me my hormone is increasing...and he asked me to lay down and do a scan...SUPRISINGLY and miraclly i saw the sac with bb's shape and heartbeat and i was delivered my lovely daughter last year March.

I just want to encourage you.

DUN GIVE UP and PRAY HARD.

Star shape can eventually turn into circle.

be faith...

hi porky, i don't think there is a need to draw blood from the same place. he prob chose that hand again cos the veins are more prominent than on the other one. did he mention if your hcg levels are positive for the first blood test?

Hi Porky

I also went to see Dr Adrian today for my second blood test, the blood level did went up. But from the scan, he told me that the sac dun look healthy and the blood level went up not much.

So I went for the third blood test , will see them tmr night.

R u wearing green shirt and shorts today when u go and see him?

tks

helo mommies.....

i just tested positive yesterday afternoon. This will be my 2nd baby...my first is a boy.
happy.gif
i bought another test kit to try perhaps a few days later lah hehehee. have not seen my gynae yet, her practice is to see her only at 8weeks.

ladies, wish to check, besides jasminetea and jess lee here, who else are 2nd time mommies?

jasminetea, and jess, i will like to know how you girls feel about this pregnancy? how old is ur first one? mine is 17mths old, and though this 2nd pregnancy is kinda planned, I still feel this funny guilty feeling towards my son. i know that now i will not be able to carry him or play with him as much, as soon my body will start feeling tired, nauseous, and all i wanna do is sleep. i worry that i wun have energy to cook his meals on weekends, to play with him. he is very sticky to me, preferring me to his dad, always call for me when he wakes up from nap or sleep. and i treasure this bond so much. this bond is prob so strong partly coz i total breastfeed him for 15whole mths.

how do i overcome this guilty feeling? when 2nd baby is born, my son will just turn 2 yrs. is it too young? i know i dun want the age gap to be too long, coz i know too long i will be so tired i dun feel like re starting my engine. i also know i want close age gap. but now that i tested positive, reality sinks in and i realise with a shapr jolt all the things i will be missing with number 1 coz i will be preggie with number 2.

hope some 2nd time mommies can share with insight on this...sigh...i want to enjoy this 2nd pregnancy as much as i enjoy my first one. but this guilt is overshadowing it. pls help....

Congra Nora,

My girl is 11 mths but she loves babies..she loves to see babies and she is trying to commnicate with them sometime...i have a few bb photos on the wall. she loves to smile to them and point to them. i m sure no problem one. why you have guilty feel ? Its a good to give ur son a brother or sister to accompany him. I think the problem is you own not your son. You afraid you will dedicate more time to the next one adn give less to your son rite ? haha...you worry too much...relax lar...

I love my daughter so much and my plan is to give my daughther another 2 siblings...hehe... think she will love the plan i have and appreciate when she grow older. as she got 2 siblings to share her happiness and sadness.

Is it necessary to re-test ? test kit not accurate one ? scare me...as i still havent see the sac and bb heart beat during my 1st visit

so paisey... i called up Tow Yung to ask for my report giving an excuse that i'm unable make it for next appt.

that DR said whoever i'm visiting another gynae , make sure i go do a scan this week... she is so nice and yet i abandon her... sigh...

hi jess...thanks for ur prompt ans. yes i am afraid i may need to spend more time bonding with my newborn, when my son is 2 yrs old and still needs that attention from me.
sad.gif
am i worrying too much? yes i also try to tell myself i am providing him with a sibling.but is the age gap very close?

i read before, that when we have more than 1 kid, we dun divide that love, but we MULTIPLY them.
happy.gif
sounds good to me. but i just worry how to multiply TIME and ATTENTION? those can't be multiplied.
sad.gif

oh i say re test coz even for 1st pregnancy i tested 3 times hahaa super ks right? :p

any other 2nd time mommies? :eek:

<font color="119911">hi nora, welcome and congrats =) i've listed the rest of the MTB in this thread. as u can see, quite a number of 2nd time mums =) added u of course. i heard some of the mummies say plan to bring their elder child to the gynae and show them the scanning to form a bond from young; which i thot is a very good practise i would oso like to adopt next time</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>Name </TD><TD>LMP </TD><TD>EDD </TD><TD>Doctor </TD><TD>Child </TD><TD>Zodiac </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sept 2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>storeberry</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sept 2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littleger</TD><TD>24/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lili_fc</TD><TD>26/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juz Me</TD><TD>27/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Dolly Wee (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>horse </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jollyhappy</TD><TD>27/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Makebaby</TD><TD>29/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Linda</TD><TD>31/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Heng (ESH)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>cow </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Precious</TD><TD>31/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD></TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazeline</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (CCK)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Diane</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlow</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kek LP (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>tiger </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>CH Lee</TD><TD>2/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr HK Ho (MAH)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Traz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Everafter</TD><TD>2/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>RibenaLi</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>rooster </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Buffy</TD><TD>6/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonneho</TD><TD></TD><TD>25/09/2008</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang (TMC)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>rabbit </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xuanting</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lovebug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD>AvrilMummy</TD><TD>05/01/2008 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr HK Ho (MAH)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>cow </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Porky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cally</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wan_a_mousy</TD><TD>10/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>porky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD>horse </TD></TR><TR><TD>jane_lin</TD><TD>17/01/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD>diaz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mousebb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelbliss</TD><TD>8/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>leeyiling </TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD>7th Oct </TD><TD>Dr Tham KF (GlenE)</TD><TD>2nd </TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jess Li</TD><TD></TD><TD>14th Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD></TD><TD>8th Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin (GlenE)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elchwong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bunnyhop</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks Juz Me. Btw I just changed my name to the same as my nick "bunnyhop" hehehee. cuter lah. *bleh* *thick skinned*.

thanks for the reply. thats a great idea! showing the kid the scan. just not sure at 17mths can undersatnd....maybe i will show him when i first visit the doc. that time he will be 18mths.
happy.gif

wow quite a lot of 2nd time mommies. mommies, how old is ur first one?

Hi Nora, my girl is going 29 months soon....hmm, i know i will neglect her during my pregnancy, but i will try my best to give her as much attention as possible....i am sending her to childcare soon, just to let her learn and know more friends....i can say that my girl is a independent gal....from wat i observe la....not like her mummy very dependent 1....so i would believe she will enjoy with new sibling, already said in previous post, i will try my best to bring her along for all my check up....

<font color="119911">bunnyhop it is =) changed. just saw this from carole's links, funny they dun mention caffiene:

What not to eat when you are pregnant:

Raw Meats and Seafood including sushi - all uncooked and rare meats and seafood should be avoided due to high risk of listeria and salmonella poisoning.

Deli meats including hot dogs - these deli meats might be contaminated with listeria bacteria which may result in miscarriage or even a stillbirth. It's safe to eat deli meats if you reheat them until steaming hot.

Refrigerated smoked seafood - for the same reason of listeria contamination. It is safe if they are contained in cooked dishes. Canned and shelf-stable versions are safe to eat.

Raw eggs - raw eggs may contain salmonella. Some Caesar salad dressings, mayonnaise, homemade ice cream and custards as well as Hollandaise sauces may be made with raw eggs. It is best to check with your server in a restaurant; if in doubt, it is best to avoid it. In addition, unpasteurized eggnog should be avoided.

Fish high in mercury - avoid high-mercury fish such as Shark, Swordfish, King Mackerel and Tilefish. Also limit fish intake to no more than 2 servings per week. For more info - read Is it Safe to eat Fish during Pregnancy?

Soft cheese - avoid the following soft cheeses: Feta, Brie, and Camembert cheeses, blue-veined cheeses, queso blanco, queso fresco and Panela. They are safe to eat if they are labelled pasteurized.

Refrigerated pâtes or meat spreads - for the same reason of listeria contamination. It is safe to eat the canned or shelf-stable versions.

Liver - liver is a rich source of iron. However it contains a high level of Vitamin A. Large amounts of Vitamin A can be harmful to the baby.

Unpasteurized milk and juices

Alcohol - many documented fetal abnormalities and birth defects have been associated with alcohol use during pregnancy.

</font>

Hi Juz Me, just to add onto your list, mangoes are also very high in Vit A so i avoid them during 1st pregnancy too. basically avoid foods high in vit A. esp when we start on multivits, it oredi contains vit A so we dun need too much more of that...

i guess they dun mention caffiene coz to some doctors, 1 cup of tea OR coffee a day is acceptable. max is 1 cup. for me, i avoid totallyl ah. i bought decaff tea.
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Dietary Cautions

Caffeine: some authorities suggest to limit coffee to 3 - 4 small cups a day; some such as the US Department of Health suggests to avoid it completely.
Seafood: Avoid high-mercury fish such as Shark, Swordfish, King Mackerel and Tilefish. Also limit fish intake to no more than 2 servings per week.
For more info - read Is it Safe to eat Fish during Pregnancy?
Artificial Sweeteners: use in moderation. For more info on sweeteners - read Which Artificial Sweeteners are Safe?
Herbal Tea: Some herbal teas are safe to drink during pregnancy. These include citrus peel, ginger, lemon balm, orange peel and rose hip teas. Avoid chamomile tea.
</font>

<font color="ff6000">wah now i go hawker centre and eat fish soup got to ask auntie what fish that is liao... then got to get translations! </font>

hi bunnyhop, i read that mangoes are fine as the form of vit a found in them are known as beta carotene which only converts to vit a as needed by the body. it's preformed vit a like those found in livers that we should avoid. basically, vit a in veg and fruits are in beta carotene form and safe for us.

Hi there! Would like to join u mommies chatting here. I'm around 5 weeks preggy and this is my no. 2. My first is now about 16 months and I have breastfed her for 15 months, just like bunnyhop.
Looks like none of you have seen any gynea from KKH. They have ceased their package few days back when I went for a checkup. And they came up with a Antennatal scheme where we deposited a sum ($488) which they will deduct from each time we visit to reduce waiting time. No other benefits except for reduce wait time and a $100 kkh pharmacy voucher when bb is delivered. Cannot use medisave to deduct also.
Can anyone advise on how medisave is being used and how I can get reimburse from medisave for my checkups and delivery? I didn't deliver my first one in Spore so I'm very new to the system here.

hi jess, is really nice to see ur pass experience and there is a hope. did Dr Adrian tell u the 1st blood test result ? cos he did not tell me and ask me to do the 2nd test today. i was thinking is it the 1st blood test result is no good thats why he did not tell me at all...so u did the 3rd blood test and the hcg level is raising ? then the scan can see ur bb again ? Dr Adrian did 2 scan for me after my slight spotting (2 days only) then he told me cant see bb anymore...i was so worried and sad and confuse at the same time. how come no bb...but i did not experience any heavy bleeding or any discomfort cramps on my tummy at all...until today 1 week already, i did not have anymore spotting.

hi cally, what time u see Dr Adrian today ? i am wearing a brown 3/4 shorts and a white top. i see him around 2pm. and i will see him again tmr night for the blood test result

Hi Porky

I went there at 2 pm also, but wait until 3 pm.
I will be seeing him tmr evening for the third blood test result. The percaentage is not high.

He told me out of 6 lady 1 get miscarriage, he said is normal ,as ppl normal ask "how many kids u have?" , and not asking "how many miscarriage u have?" which is quite true.

What time will u be there ? See if we can recognise.....hehe

hi cally, i think i did not see u cos i left the clinic at 2.15pm. my appt tmr is 6-8pm. think i will go around 7pm cos i need to wait for my hubby to accompany me to hear the results...very worried and scared...i can understand how u feel also.

btw, how many weeks are u now ? why Dr Adrian say ur sac dont look heatlhy ? i am 7weeks+ today. he did not tell me anything abt my sac. but he say cant see bb inside the sac cos i got slight spotting on last monday. but i heard a lot of preggers from the forum that they also got spotting, however their bb is still fine and moving around....

Hi porky,
as my sac is not round or oval, the shape is odd.
that is why Dr Adrian told me that the baby may not be healthy. I do not want to give up easily so we opt for third blood test. I also got spot last week but had stop since last two days.

I also will be there about 6-7pm as I need to pick my boy at 7.30pm...

tks

Back