(2008/10) Oct 2008

Ladies,

I 'm gg to Dr. Ong later to do scanning. This is my 8th week liao and not sure what i can see today. so excited. but the thought of getting injection later gives me phobia. how i wish all this jabs can end soon..

hi cally, oic...how many weeks are u today ? so u already have a boy ? how old ? this is my 1st pregnancy. very excited at first but now only worried...

hi ribena, why u need to have jabs ? take care ya !

hi porky,
doc says that my hormone level (after blood test) is very low to carry the baby and i might have miscarriage. thus i need to take weekly jab and daily hormone pills to stablise the foetus.

Hi Everyone
happy.gif

The thread is moving so fast.
happy.gif

My gynae told me must drink more water and eat well cooked food and she specify that no more sashimi.

RibenaLi, hope your scan tonight will be a wonderful one too. Take care.

Jjlow, about Dr Lisa Chin. I was with her during my 1st pregnancy too and I could say everything progressed very well under her charge. She is a confident gynae and had given me much confidence as well.
happy.gif
Her visits are always short and sweet and I like her.

Her antenatal package starts at 12 weeks and is $749 including GST. Delivery charges starts from $856 to $1,926 depending on normal delivery or caesarean.

Nora, my 1st baby is a gal and is now 22 mths. She will be around 30 mths when my 2nd baby is born. I was preparing to conceive this 2nd baby so that my gal will have a sibling to play with. When I realised I'm pregnant with no 2, I did feel a bang of gulity feeling towards my gal and wonder how is she going to cope with me pregnant. She is also much closer to me than anyone else. At this moment, I'm still feeling okay with my pregnancy, so I tried to spend as much time as I can for her. I wanted to enjoy this pregnancy as well as I'm closing factory after this. So just try to be happy as I can.
happy.gif
I will bring my gal to all my visit to my gynae as well so that she will be more prepared for her sibling.

All these talk bout odd shaped sac is scaring me...any symptoms I shld look out odd shaped sac? I've nt seen a gynae thus nt sure wat shape's my sac yet...

HI all, Seen gynae tonight and saw my baby little hands & legs & bb is bouncing in my waterbag, so cute!! I am still spotting today so still gotto revert to 3 hormone tablets per time. BB has grown to 5.2cm, DR Woody says must still rest & blood clot still have but reducing..
sad.gif

I will be doing the down syndrome test on fri. The staff says there is no appt & I need to walk in & wait.. Haiz..

Hi all MTBs/Mothers!!

I'm back from my scan. thanks porky & jasmine, i had a wonderful scan.my foetus has grown 17 times in 2 weeks. now is 17mm. i can see its shape, its head, body and limbs. though very small but can see the small small shape le. Doc oso let me hear its heart beat. its very fast like train sound.Doc said its beating twice my heart beat.

Storeberry: Doc was telling me abt the down syndrome test juz now. Is there really a need to do it? coz i'm scare that i would be affected by the results.

everafter: u there? i got to know my EDD but i don't know how to use the table thingy. My EDD is 27 Sept 2008. Can help me to update? thanks!!

Hi Ribena, I think its neccessary even though I am also afraid also... But its better to do now & settle it.
happy.gif
Wow, can see limbs now, congrats! I only saw it in my 10 weeks, the begining only can see the shape, all dark dark one.. kekeke...

List of banned foods

(1) Stir Ray
(2) Sashimi (Raw fish)
(3) Raw veg
(4) Glass Jelly
(5) Shark fin / fish
(6) Martin fish
(7) Sword fish
(8) pineapple
(9) hot dogs
(10)sausages
(11)soya beancurd ( duo hua)
(12)tilefish
(13)king mackerel
(14)Alcoholic Drink
(15)soft cheese
(16)unpasteurised milk & juicies
(17)

anyone want to add to the list?

Hi storeberry: i really very scare and juz spoke to my hubby and decided not to take the test. the foetus limb is like transparent one but shape is there. can't wait to go for our next scan which is gg to be next month.

ur baby is so big already, 5.2cm.so good.its limbs are bouncing, so cute.think u muz really rest. u have come so far, don't give up and be strong. i'm sure the clot will be cleared soon.
kao_babydust.gif

thanks Jasminetea for the info.. :p

ALL mommies! Stay faithful and positive ! God is Good !
He will bless us throughout our preganancy journey!

Ribena: Thanks for the encouragement, really hope the bleeding will cease soon. Just now had dark red blood on my pantyliner again...

Yah man, really touched to see the limbs swinging away...

And yes GOD is great Jlow!! I have faith that HE is looking after me & bb!!

<font color="119911">ribena: soya bean curd cannot?!?! why?? thot soy products supposed to be good?? i purposely took some more
sad.gif

storeberry>> how many week b4 can see hands and feet har? hee... *anticipate
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">ribenali: wah wah wah! BB grown by so much! I am so envious! I have to tarek until next Monday before it is my scan. By then would be slightly over 7 weeks so hopefully can see more and hear heartbeat. previously saw the sac niah which is kinda weird. look like one kidney bean like that. kekekekekekeke... hubby is also v excited about the next scan, i borrowed a book from the library where it details the progress of the BB on a weekly basis. this allows my hubby to have a better idea of what is going on lor.
happy.gif
any one else going for scan soon? have fun!</font>

Oh RibenaLi, JuzMe is updating the list
happy.gif

Soyabean curd cannot ah? then soya bean drink can?? and wat is unpasteurised juices huh?

Hi Mummmies,

Mind if I join the oct thread? I just test positive yesterday and my edd will be approximate 27 Oct. This will be my 2nd pregnancy.

My first visit to Doc Joycelyn Wong will be 5th March.

<table border=1><tr><td>Name </TD><TD>LMP </TD><TD>EDD </TD><TD>Doctor </TD><TD>Child </TD><TD>Zodiac </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sept 2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>storeberry</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sept 2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonneho</TD><TD></TD><TD>25/09/2008</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang (TMC)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>rabbit </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>RibenaLi</TD><TD></TD><TD>27/09/2008</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>rooster </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littleger</TD><TD>24/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lili_fc</TD><TD>26/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juz Me</TD><TD>27/12/2007</TD><TD>1/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Dolly Wee (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>horse </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jollyhappy</TD><TD>27/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Makebaby</TD><TD>29/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Linda</TD><TD>31/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Heng (ESH)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>cow </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Precious</TD><TD>31/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD></TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazeline</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (CCK)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Diane</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlow</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kek LP (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>tiger </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>leeyiling </TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD>7/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Tham KF (GlenE)</TD><TD>2nd </TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD>CH Lee</TD><TD>2/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr HK Ho (MAH)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Everafter</TD><TD>2/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>AvrilMummy</TD><TD>5/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr HK Ho (MAH)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>cow </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Buffy</TD><TD>6/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelbliss</TD><TD>8/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wan_a_mousy</TD><TD>10/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jane_lin</TD><TD>17/01/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD></TD><TD>8/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin (GlenE)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jess Li</TD><TD></TD><TD>14/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PureBliss</TD><TD></TD><TD>27/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong (TMC)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Traz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lovebug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD>Porky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>porky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD>horse </TD></TR><TR><TD>diaz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mousebb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bunnyhop</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jyo</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elchwong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xuanting</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cally</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Juz Me...following's my 'data' for the table....
LMP: 20/01/2008
EDD: 26/10/2008
Doctor: Dr.Adrian (Sengkang)
Child: 1st
Zodiac: Rooster

Thks!

elchwong, ur LMP only 3days after mine, seem our EDD ll queit close too
did u see gynae alrdy? when is ur 1st appnt?

Buffy: mi got to wait till fri b4 i see Dr Ong again. I thought of changing my appt to earlier this week cos my spotting still not totally cleared... sianz! On n off still have abit... Wondered if it's becos of the blood clot again...

<font color="aa00aa">ai yoh, hmmmm... on and off spotting still ah? then maybe a good idea to call jenny hor? to ask her to help you check with Dr. Ong if it is better to see him earlier. did Dr. Ong discuss with you how will the clot affect the pregnancy?</font>

buffy: last fri jenny called to chk on my spotting. I told her cleared cos i don't see any on wed and thur.. then who knows sat night i had spotting again!!*faint* He said the blood clot will eventually go away lor.. But if serious case the baby will be "washed away" together with the bleeding.

Good morning ladies
happy.gif

RibenaLi, so happy to hear that your scan went well.
happy.gif

JuzMe, you can see your baby's hands and feets at 12 weeks. It is very exciting moment 'cos what you will be seeing is a "real" baby shape and you will feel "closer" to your baby then.

It is advisable not to take soya bean curb cos of the ingredients used to make the bean curb. But soya bean milk is good.

Elchwong, I think yoghrut is fine even in 1st trim but some people might like to stay away from cold stuff. So possibly it is best to wait till 2nd trim.

Actually I still eat everything, just that must be well cooked food. But yesterday I forgotten and had actually eaten fresh salad. Errr.. hope it is okay. :p

Welcome and congrats to all Oct MTBS.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Hi Jlo</font>, welcome.
happy.gif
hehehee. our first babies very close in age, and now our 2nd one too. how did you feel about this pregnancy, is it planned?

<font color="0000ff">xuanting</font>, thanks for the mangoes info!

<font color="ff0000">Juz Me and everafter</font> i heard that soya bean curds are made from "shi gao". so not good for preggie ladies. i didn't know until my friend told me in my 1st pregnancy.

as for pasteurised, the word "pasteurize" refers to the process of heating liquids for the purpose of destroying harmful bacteria inside. thats why preggie ladies shld only eat pasteurized cheese, milk and whatnots.

<font color="0000ff">elchwong</font>, yogurt is good for u it contains much protein and calcium, as well as the good gut bacteria Acidophilus. as for pear, i think some ppl think its cooling right? so prob eat in moderation....

<font color="ff0000">purebliss</font>, welcome, how old is ur 1st baby???

<font color="0000ff">jasminetea</font>, thanks thanks. so our 1st ones are 6mths apart...do you find that its a good age then? this morning, my boy keep asking me to "bao bao" and i can't help but carry him, i cannot bear not to. ur girl now still wants you to carry as much? which age do they start being more indepedent and walk on their own more?

<font color="aa00aa">all worried mommies</font>, stay STRONG and positive..... hope everything goes well for you ladies...

bunnyhop: My girl still wants mi to carry her. sometimes she kept calling n stretching out both her hands and i will carry her awhile. Just can't bear to reject her...

hi littleger, how old is ur girl? at what age will they not want u to carry? i treasure this phase so much, when he is so sticky and dependent and affectionate, and will not think twice about smooching me in public hehehee. so when u say u carry her for a while, u dun carry her and walk long distance with her anymore? how heavy is she?

bunnyhop: she is 22mths old.. ya.. will only carry her just awhile then will put her down. Cos i have spotting so my parents and hubby don't allow me to carry her. She shld be around 10kg+..
I also not sure at what age they won't want us to carry them... hehehe...

Hi bunnyhop, my 1st child (boy) is 16 mths old and he is a High need baby.

Ladies, miind updating this?

LMP : 21 Jan 2008
Zodiac : Goat

elchwong, mine also 1st baby leh, so no idea abt it.. maybe other ladies can help.

but i got call gynae last week he suggest me to go on week 6

Hi elchwong,

I m in week 5 now, still cannot see anything from the scan. Think have to wait til 6 or 7 weeks. Some gynae recommend 2 mths / 8 weeks.

When is your LMP ?

hi elchwong, it varies from person to person. my first pregnancy, saw doc at 5weeks and can see the sac. but now when i preggie 2nd time, when i try to make appointment, every nurse tell me can only see at 6weeks. my gynae now has practice of seeing mothers only at 8weeks. sigh... i hear until i sian.thats why until now i have not seen doc. think my close to yours. my LMP 19 Jan. yours? it also depends on how long is ur usual cycle u see. if ur usual cycle is say 24-26 days, compared to me whose cycle is now around 29 days (even if we have same LMP), means u conceive earlier than me coz u ovulate 3-5 days earlier. so chances are u are 3-5 days ahead in gestation than me.... so from LMP, both of us could be in the SAME number of weeks. but in actual fact urs is further along so may have more chances of seeing sac. am i making sense?

am trying to say, if say someone can see sac at 5 weeks but u can't, dun need to be very worried coz the number 5 weeks may not be exactly 5 weeks for both mommies, coz 2 of you have very diff menstrual cycles.

Hi,

For those mummies who have MS, can try this...

1254435.jpg

It is a wrist band, you can buy it from guardian or watson. I used it for my 1st pregnancy, quite helpful. I wear from 1st trimester till end of 2nd...

pls help update... i'll be due on 7 Oct.
i have a bloodclot next to sac resulting the shape abit not curve/ round.

believer, pls pray for me..thanks.

hi Juz me: Thanks for updating the table
kao_smile.gif
My MIL told me dou hua got mix with some cement kind of thing and its not good for foetus and should be avoided thru out the pregancy but soya bean milk ( dou hua shui) is good. how true it is,i'm not too sure coz magazine and internet did not have any record of it but i'm scare so i dint take. for the unpasteurised juices, i got it from My Baby magazine, it dint explain wat is it all abt so i oso dun understand
kao_confused2.gif

littleger: r u better? pls rest on bed can? i'm worried abt u. do keep urself away from all chores. u will be alright one k? when is ur next appt with Dr. Ong?

Hi Jus Me: I can see bb's hands on my 10weeks le.. Quite exciting cos you see this little body bouncing away in the waterbag... Kekeke...

Hi lili fc, I also still have blood clot when I scan yday but Dr say is reducing. Today urine have dark red blood again... Will pray for you, rest well. I decided not to go office today after the bleeding...

Hi elch, you also seeing Dr Woody? Wow, seem like alot of Oct mummies seeing him.. Keke.. I hink he is on leave next week, the appt book like bursting! I saw Dr Woody in my 5th week &amp; saw a sac only, the next week then saw the blinking heartbeat!

storeberry...yes yes...me seeing Dr.Woody...hee...have been 'aiming' at him since I set eyes on his clinic n reading bout him fr forum cos he's v.convenient to me...hee...tis Fri seeing him n I dun tink I'm even 5 wks...nvm will jus c him for some reassurance...meanwhile jus gonna be patience n wait for nxt appt to c my development...

Back