(2008/10) Oct 2008

forest,
bcoz i buy $300 so now member liao.. if u need can pass u but u need to come suntec la.. :p

tweety,
me is cheerbear not cheerbaby.. but is ok la
happy.gif

alot of pple say normal bra not gd coz it will obstruct the milk flow when we need to BF later.. same as u lor.. i go buy bigger size but not comfortable leh so still decide to spend $ on maternity bra and oh ya.. is a 2-in-1 coz even when BF still can wear coz the cup there can hv a hole.. hehe

Hi Jess,

I asked them on the upgrade from 2 bedder to 1 bedder and they confirm no such arrangement available... so the price difference for 2 bedder and 1 bedder is actually the difference between 4 bedder and 1 bedder (ard 1k!!) so i m considering seriously which option also...

<font face="tahoma"> regarding auto-grading, yes it's not confirm one. my frd delivering in TMC, opts for 2 bedder and she's still at 2 bedder, no upgrade for her. </font>

Hi Joyful,

You cannt ask one. You ask sure they say no one. They will automatically upgrade for you after your delivery but of course i m not too sure abt 1 bedder. Maybe you can try....opt for 2 bedder 1st then after deliverry if they still give u 2 bedder then you upgrade to 1 bedder...

Hi mummies,

I am helping my sis to sell off a philips avent isis iq UNO electronic pump (U.P. $279) Still under warranty...used only 2times bought in Jan 08.

Give me your *best price....it likes new

Interested pls email me @ [email protected].

carina,
im still taking folic acid, think my gynae will give this til the end..

any mummies started taking bord nest?? wanted to buy those concentrate type.. dunno yu ren sheng or lau hang jia better??

hi ladies,

I read from another thread dat the chances of being upgraded from a 4-bedder to a 2-bedder are higher coz there are insufficient no. of 4-bedders in TMC.

So I am thinking of opting for a 4-bedder and gamble the chances of being upgraded into a 2-bedder. :p But if on that day of delivery, 4-bedders are available, then *sigh*.... :p :p

Carina: I am still taking folic acid too. I am currently in my 16wk bah. Visiting my gynae next Fri so see what she says. But me currently taking folic acid pills and multi-vit only.

Gynae mentioned that she may start me on iron pills from next week on after she reviews my OSCAR results.

Joyful: Me taking birds' nest already. Some from ZTP, some homecooked from mum and MIL.

bird nest >> i also start to eat le but not so frequent lah must depend my mil mood loh hahaa..

folid acid >> i still cont take leh, will stop after finish this bottle. Gynae nvr give anymore since last visit, this bottle is left over de so nurse said just finish it &amp; dun need to buy anymore. bcoz in mul-vit got folid acid liao

<font color="0000ff">Gals,

Regarding the bedder thing, am still thinking about it wor...hmmm....;p

Mrs Chua,

You are right, if I'm not wrong, there only 1 4 bedder room in TMC so very high chance of upgrade
happy.gif
hahahaha

Joyful,

My MIL brew bird nest for me last wkend when I went back for lunch, it's abit too early thou hmmmm...some say it's better to start at 5th mth onwards
happy.gif
</font>

littlebluey:

1 4-bedder??????? Den dont wait liao, i better sign myself up for a 4-bedder. Hahahahaha... Or hor, lemme check with TMC on my next visit there to confirm. Ahahahaha...

I also want to find out more about the antenatal thingy, the hospital thingy and the parentcraft thingy - all heard of but alien sounding still.

bird nest --> better to hv to self cook one right but i dunno how to cook leh.. so if buy bottle one then 1 wk can drink only one bottle or only half bottle coz i know cant take too much.

folic acid --> i still taking since gynae still give. so now i take 3 pills (folic, multi vit and fish oil) jus start to take the fish oil coz gynae say gd for bb brain ask me to buy but if i dun wan is ok so my ks hb say ok will buy
happy.gif

mrs chua,
u signing up the antenal class now? too early right? u how many wks liao? i think with my fbi card i got discount if i wan to sign up but dunno when shld be the right time.

Cheer Bear,

I read from somewhere dat if you enquire abt it, they will advise you when I shld sign up for the class. I heard dat they will be quite initiative in the sense that they'll call you to remind you or something.

I am ard 16 weeks preggers, so only planning to find out more not necessarily signing up yet.
happy.gif

Yes, I think fbi card will give us some form of benefits or discounts.
happy.gif

Tweety,
ya lor.. cannot buy clothes if dunno gender.. hmm.. really dunno whether to stick to surprise or not! hahaha...

Cheer Bear,
Where is perfect mum at suntec huh? is it at the top floor or some place else? I been to suntec few times, but dont see perfect mum. :p

carina,
im still taking folic acid too.. will take it all the way bah..
happy.gif
as i havent seen my gynae since OSCAR, this is the only supplement im taking.. see after my next visit, will gynae give me more supplements or not...

hmmm... so only 1 4-bedder in TMC.. then those who opt for 4-bedder and kena 4-bedder.. is considered not v lucky huh?? :p :p :p sigh.. i still wish for 1-bedder.. cos can have bb in the room and hubby to sleep with.. :p

Hi everyone..

I'm back!

Today went checkup and get my OSCAR result..everything went on smoothly! So happy! And good news i dun hv to take duphaston oredi..yeah!!! today baby is at 6.8cm...

forest,
is at suntec #03-019 near the toys r us but is at a corner one.. so might be hard to see.

if u want to buy spring clothes i oso got discount coz 2 shops veri near each other onli
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Forest,

Heard most of the time, the 4 bedder is full becos due to some pple have day surgeries and etc...so normally it will be auto upgrade to 2 bedder, but if really that day "suay suay" no upgrade then think still in time to request for 2 bedder bah
happy.gif

Cheerbear,

With FBI card, there will be a 10% off the anenatal class
happy.gif

Trace,

Good to know that
happy.gif
</font>

Littlebluey,

thks! i'm glad too..was so worried for the past few days...

i likes to go spring maternity too! n the new maternal at IMM..

<font color="0000ff">Cheerbear,

If I'm not wrong the class is $200++ but after FBI, shd be ard $180++ as quoted by a fren of mine
happy.gif

Trace,

Can understand that kind of feeling
happy.gif
</font>

I will opt for Mt Alvernia 4 bedder. My 1st one was delivered in Mt Alvernia. Good experience with them. The food also not bad. Everyday got tonic soup and ginger stuff of food. Easy parking, nice environment....hehe...i will go back mt alvernia...

hi mummies,
Feeling vy guilty now. During dinner, had cold soya bean. Went home, eat strawberry. And later icecream and now drink cold ice water. Arghh... So hot out of sudden .. Feeling like drink ice ice water.
Now crave for tuan yuan, hope hubby will buy home..

HI tweety: Thanks!! Its better to wear non-wire ones, I bought new bras &amp; underwear cos current ones too tight liao!

I will also most prob opt for TMC 4-bedded &amp; pray that I will be upgraded! kekeke..

Cheer Bear: No problem. Update u on wat I have found out next week.

Btw, told hubby dat TMC has only 1 4 bedder and his eyes popped out also loh. Hahahaha
happy.gif

Forest: I also wish for 1 bedder coz Hubby can keep me accompanied. I am scared to stay in the hospital alone. Never before... Seen 2 many horror flicks bah. Hee...

But, i read from the other thread that bb dont zz with the parents in 1 bedder leh. The nurses will bring the lil one in only during feeding times leh.

storeberry: Yea, I saw from the advert in Spring maternity that it is better to wear non-wired bras coz will prevent blockages of milk ducts (i think).

I also agree that non-wired ones are more comfy. But sometimes if you wear spag tops, then bo bian loh hor? *sigh*

bbgoh, tweety

i heard from my bro in law that his friend's gyane was also Dr Ang. She was admitted to Mt A on Wed 5pm at 2 cm dilated. Dr Ang was not there yet as he estimated she would deliver around 12am. Then out of the blue, she dilated very fast so delivered at 8pm. The midwives were the ones who delivered her bb. Dr Ang only managed to come in time to stitch her. Now they want to get refund from Dr Ang for not delivering the bb. Heard that the midwives are very experienced at Mt A so the whole delivery process still ok.

<font color="ff0000">Diane</font>, actually during birth hor. the gynae really didnt do much. mostly midwives are the one telling us wat to do. gynae only helps to deliver the baby when is out &amp; do stitches nia. seems boh pain lor. got to pay gynae de.

i dun think can ask for refund from dr ang.

rachel mummy

ya actually true lor. I think the couple was angry tat Dr Ang was not with them throughout the birthing process. So having experienced midwives arouind is very impt!!
happy.gif

Btw ur EDD same as me hor? When is ur next checkup? Mine is next wed leh. So exciting!

morn everyone...

this morn was crazy..heavy jam on PIE! and I almost hit a van in front of me...lucky thing i jam break fast if not...cham..

<font color="ff0000">Diane</font>,
during my 1st birth to my gal, i oso scolded my gynae. "only see u when i m abt to give birth, the rest of the day i will be seeing the nurses &amp; the midwife only. where the hell did u go wor." he kept quiet &amp; told my hubby i m very fierce.

u r right! getting a very experienced midwife is very important. coz end of the day, if gynae didnt come in time. jialat liao!!

ya, we have the same EDD. 6 October. kekeke... but i have a feeling i will pop earlier maybe in sept. mid appt is next thursday. hehehe.. hope to see my bb's gender soon. how abt you??

I heard that usually gynae do not come so early one..they will only appear when they baby is about to come out...and its the midwives taking care of the situation...so i think that's the usual practise for the gynae..

<font color="0000ff">Ohayo All MTBs,

Trace,

You better be careful, aiyo, traffic is always horrid on wkdays morning and evening!! Especially those vans/lorries/pick-up trucks terrible de lor!! Speed like nobody biz and cut into lanes as and when they like!! Horrible!!</font>

Diane
as i noe gynae wont with us thru the whole delivering de, like wat Rachel mummy said de he ll be there when baby is out &amp; do stiches only.
my cousin delivered on Dec'07, so qiao Dr Ang 's dad passed away on the night she ask for admitted, and she entering delivery suit in the next earlier morning Dr Ang still cum to hospital do for her

we can see his schedule on clinic is so thight so also expected he only ll rush to hospital when baby really out in min bah. bcoz some woman really take very long time in delivery suit to push out bb de loh so he wont spend his time there just to wait at the mean time like us waiting him at his clinic also ll unhappy

Rachel mummy

wah u must be angry when u said that ...heehee but at least now we know gynae wun appear until the last min...
happy.gif
I am thinking of delivering in Mt A. What abt you?

i also hope to see bb's gender next Wed!...

Cheer Bear,
Tks!! i've been there 3 times, but didnt see perfect mum!! hahaha.. ok, if i decided to buy, will ask u for help first. kkeekek.. tks tks!

TraCe,
Happy that the OSCAR result is good!!
happy.gif

lili_fc,
actually, so far, i didnt stay off cold drinks leh... v v hard leh.. i stayed off coffee and soft drinks.. but will still take cold soya bean, cold milo... is it bad of me ah?!?! :p did u get your tang yuan too?

mrs chua,
huh.. bb dun stay with parents in 1-bedder? when i went on the tmc hospital tour, was told that bb can stay with parents if requested. for 2-bedders onwards, bb will only be with mummy during feeding time... :S now, im confused..

trace, where are u gng to deliver? gynae not usually let midwife to do the delivery unless your hosp is KKH at a highly subsidise rate. My friend is a doc at KKH and he told me his supervisor was late for delivery and he has to take over. i was like wat? to make it worse, that bb almost dropped into the waste bin. faint faint.

#1 was delivered by gynae, and she was activated at 2am and she was in hosp within 15 mins. Most gynae will wan to deliver the child for you.

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">John Little's Avent SALE!!!
30% off selected product! check it out!</font></font>

Forest,

Thanks! Yest was so scared cos I went alone to the gynae yesterday..hubby not free..i keep praying to myself..scary!

Carole,
I'm delivering at Mt A...cos gynae is frm Mt A. And dat time i was hospitalised there for 3 days due to bleeding..i find the service there was good..the nurses there very patient too!

Back