(2008/09) Sep 2008

Hi Lanolin,

I am back at work today. Not much people around in the office so a easy start to work. Hey you might want to find out early where is the mother room within your office so that you can continue to pump your milk.

Baby M have been rejecting bottles even though i started him on bottle when he is just a month old. Very rarely, he coould finish 90-120ml. Most of the thing, he just push out the teat when he drink abt 30 to 60ml. Due to that, I have started him on healthy time cereals when he hit four months. It seems that he is more receptive to spoon then bottles... I mix my breastmilk with the cereal to feed him. Initialy, i was hoping to start him on solid when he is six months. But i am concern he is not having enuff hence i decided to start him earlier with the approval from the PD...

Now i am thinking of giving him sippy cup when he reach six months so i might be able to skip the whole bottles thingie ....

Jaymickey, you can take my name out from the list. However, if I can still make it, will it be possible for me to pop by for a short while??

Springz, so you mean u will freeze the 20-40ml balance with a chilled one from the fridge by mixing them together? If not, if you just freeze the 20-40ml, wont you be wasting the milk bag with just 20-40ml?

Mummies, usually how long does your baby nap during the day? Mine just flipped on New year's day.. but he's still not too good at it. And now, everytime I put him on his back, he'll try to flip. I had a hard time trying to put him to sleep, cos everytime, he falls asleep on my arms, and after that I try to put him on his bed, he'll wake up and try to flip!

I think my boy is learning how to crawl. He can roll over around 2 weeks back & now he is starting to push his butt up, press his knees & push forward when he rolls over & is on his tummy. So far, he can move a little bit & will shout when he can't go far & gets frustrated.

lanolin
Agree with you, I get so irritated when people keep going on & on about giving baby solids. My MIL, for one, will always bug me & say my BM is not enough.. sigh. Can't she use her eyes & see that her grandson is growing well?

Regarding your D rejecting the bottle, does he know how to drink from the bottle? For me, my D knows how to but just refuses a month back. Just got to go cold turkey for a few days, after that he'll be ok. Sometimes, it's just because baby misses us & refuses to drink from the bottle. He'll eventually drink when he is hungry. Very bad but no choice.

Sarah May: it a chinese biscuit with lotus paste in. Sorry, don know how to 'bing yin' over here. it is hokkien language.

was at NTUC last weekend, so out of curious, I went over to BB food section, most of them wrote on the bottle, from 6 mth onward, only see those juices state from 4 mth onwards. so i will tell both parent to start at 6 mths. scared too early start, my ger will reject milk.

rememeber the nurse at KKH told me, we can bf bb till 6 mth cos at 6 mth, we have to give bb semi-solid foor.

wat brand of pamper do you all normally use during the night. Me using huggies dry and everytime he wakes up need to change him. he cant stand his pampers too wet

jasmine...i oso think that bb shd start solid food oli when he reached 6 mths leh.. beta rgt?

Any comment from other mummies?

my boi likes to slp on his tummy at night leh

we put him on his back.. bt at bgt he flio over himself.. and "stuck" there liao...

The WHO (World Health Organisation) recommends babies to start on solids only when they hit 6 months. Actually the reason for delaying starting baby on solids is to reduce the risk of allergies. There is actually no added advantage of starting early unless baby is not thriving on milk alone & subject to PD's recommendation.

koras
I am using Mamy Poko & Fitti for night. I don't change baby in the middle of the night at all so the diapers will last him for 10 to 12 hours. I find that these two brands absorb really well & still feels dry on the surface even though it is heavy & soaked with pee.

Jaymicky ,
u can take me out from the list as well .... visiting relatives on that day
happy.gif
but will be visiting if i really have the time ...

Twenty ,
so much milk ..... my excess = next feed ... haha ...

sarahmay,

re: swinging bb.
no special reason as to y not. little miow is not ready that's all. when i seat him up, his head will be pointing downwards, but when i carry him up-right, he can hold his head n look around how strange.

re: diapers
i use mamy poko / nepia for nites, day time - pet pet

<font color="0000ff">Mei
oops.. i bot size 70 for Max. guess it'll be too big for him as well.. since he's much shorter den baby D

Jasmine Yeo
dun worry abt bb not flipping. Mine is i guess one of the older babies here and he can't flip yet... sighz.. onli managed a single 1 flip ytd but after tat didn't flip anymore le.
sad.gif
it's worrying mi but den again, mayb i should learn to relax...</font>

<font color="119911">koras (koras) - Baby K is using MP for nite, Huggies Dry for day. I think MP is the best - very soft and velvety on the inside.
happy.gif

Milk bags - another one to try - something called Nanny. I had one piece from some free sample, and found it pretty good - comes with double zip lock for extra protection against spilage. Found a photo of how it looks like - http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.page/Buy_Sell/Children_Toys_Necessities/?PostID=318703</font>

Dear Sarah,

I'm here I'm here! Glad baby E loves the jumperoo, as little scarlett becomes more aware of her surroundings, i find that she is easily amused by whatever we put her in! The jumperoo is now part of her daily toytime and yes! she can also spend 1/2 hr in it just hopping and smiling to herself!

Koras: Scarlett is also using Mamy poko, but for both day and night times :p

We've tried huggies.. and it does not do a very good job of keeping baby's bum dry.. poopoo even leaked once, and usually after 2/3 pee pee, baby will start to scream for a change of diaper...
Mamy poko on the other hand, is soft and dry inside, but baby's bum can sometimes feel sticky especially after a long night's haul.

Solids:

I guess in the olden day, FM, to many people is a costly item, and as soon as kids show any sign of wanting to wean, they are immediately switched to porridge or grains or whatever that can fill the stomach, be it CHAR SIEW!! kekeke.... and that can help to cut quite a bit of cost. However, studies have shown, by doing that, we'll deprive our babies of essential nutrients that only FM can provide.. (considering some foods that are not suitable for babies yet)

I think the elderly still thinks we are in the olden day..... oh well..

I gave Scarlett some carrot puree (mixed with FM) the other day to tickle her tastebuds and my MIL immediately said she wants to give my baby porridge with anchovies and scallops! I almost bellowed back in horror that I don't intend to give her porridge until baby's 8 mths old.. and then i heard her mumbling that her own baby took porridge at 4 months blah blah blah.. so i answered that I want to do it the ANG MOH way.. i am going to feed pasta, purees, cereals, breads.. NOT porridge ..

MIL and FILs !@#$% business

I AM MOVING OUT IN 36 DAYS!!! YEA!!!

1 Xuanting + hb + bb
2 Angeline + bb (hb tbc)
3 preggie + cristian + hb
4 Crayonshin + sumo
5 cupcakes + FB +BB +HB
6 dollyNEYUKO + BB + HB
7 Littlepea + baby
8 Jas + BB
9 missy &amp; BB
10 happy mummy + bb+ hb
11 jgwee + bb (HB TBC)
12 lok+ Jo-Jo brothers + maid (HB TBC)
13 cloud + bb + maid (TBC)
14 stefseansharbabes + sharmaine + HB (TBC)

This is the latest list, pending confirmation. Jas &amp; bb, you are in now..

Mei,
I bought the hat liao after long search at Chinatown yest...so hot and tired . It's not the type wif the pigtail attached. If dun rem wrongly, should be something similar which Gunibabe bot from the CNY BP (matching cap suit).
BTW, Alston is also rolling over to tummy when lying on his back He also likes to push himself forward and same like D, will get angry and frustrated when he can't move any further. In fact, i need to keep putting him on a straight angle cos he keeps turning his whole body sideways. I am not referring to flip now ....not sure u noe what i meant....

SOLIDS:
I guess most of the older generation lots are the same character. They are very 'enthusiastic' in giving bb solid food at 4mths old. My caregiver, who is oso my hubby's godma initially wanted to give Alston solid food at mth 4 cos she feels that i'm not producing enuff BM for him (which is oso true) and thinks that solid food is of more nutritional value than FM mixed wif BM. However, i rejected her idea and wanted to wait till he's 6mths old. Hopefully, when he's 4mths old which is 2 weeks later, she won come and tell me her idea again.

DIAPERS
Tried Pampers ( the red color packet) as i found the price so much cheaper to the yellow packet. Found it pretty good and is using this and Huggies at nite. In fact, i also recommend Fitti as it's quite good though it's pretty cheap compared to the other brands.

Mille: my ger too. there is one night she sleeping with me, morning, i nearly crush on her, cos she had shift from 12 o'clock position to 9o'clock.

Mei,
Oh is it ??? haha...i'm ignorant...He used to sleep still (in 1 position) but recently, shifted his body from one angle to next while sleeping at nite.

Hi,

I am looking to buy a baby high chair, was thinking of combi. Any recommendation from mummies here ?

Any other brands to buy or place to get the comhi high chair. Can someone give me the number of the china town shop which sell baby stuff at a very competitive price.. cannot remember what the name..

Jojo
My hubby is eyeing the Stokke chair but we have not gotten round to doing our homework on high chairs yet.

<font color="0000ff">Mei
We saw the Stokke one that can double up as a stroller as well
happy.gif
cool gadget.. but i think super ex huh??</font>

Bigtoes
Little Q has d same swimsuit as ur baby.. He looks so much slimmer than ur baby though.. Hehehhe.. Ur baby so chubby.. so cute...

Feeding in the olden days
I think its true.. Last time could be FM too exp. dats y they feed the olden babies porridge and all.. So scary at d thought. My husb keep telling me his mum fed his nephew solids from d 2nd day the baby came back from hosp!

sasa
The stokke chair is different from the stroller. Can adjust to different heights. Even adults can sit on it. Yes, it's super ex, that's why must do homework first before buying.

missy
What!!! Feed solids on 2nd day!!!

Hi Missy,

Wow is shocking ! Solid on 2nd day ??? I feed baby M on solid when he hit forth month, to me..i already very early... But i have no choice as he is not very receptive to bottle...

Hi Mei, Stokke is a high chair and stroller as well ? currently i am uing mt FP spider rocker to feed baby M bottle milk and cereals... So i was thinking to invest in a high chair...I will take a look at the stokke chair then
happy.gif
thanks !

Hi Mei,

Thanks for the info. I saw it at mothercare just now and is expensive. I am also thinking of Peg Perego Prima Papa High Chair....

Any feedback or where can i get them cheaper ?

Jojo- have u tried calling cheong choon (the chinatown place)....I am scouting for a car seat and their prices are still the lowest!

Meie - yah, I will persist. TodayI went to buy Nuk teats coz they r supposedly the most similar to a mother's tits. Will try. He can barely finish like 50 ML and it takes a long long time and a lot of coaxing. I do know of babies who will go on a hunger strike and wait for mummy to come back from work before feeding. I hope it doesn't happen!

Semi-solids - I saw bottles of healthy times baby food that is for 4 months onwards. (Stage 1) ...I think Stage 2 is from 6 months onwards. For those mommies who may want to give it to their babies.

Hi Lanolin,

I am using the Healthy time stage 1 for Baby M. I mix my express BM with the brown rice cereal for him. So far, he is more receptive to spoon eating the liquid cereal than to bottle of EBM....

Think i will have lot of problem when i wean him off BM when i hit six months ....

<font color="0000ff">oh ok... the one i saw was the Stokke stroller den they juz double it up as a high chair
happy.gif
</font>

Lanolin
Yes, NUK teats are easier for baby, Tommee Tippee ones too. Why don't you do a test run before you go back to work? Actually it's more of a problem for the caregiver. If she can tahan his crying then can let him go cold turkey, but if she can't tahan (like my mum), then it's a problem. That's why for me, I had to work from home, feel bad for my mum lah.

Mei, jojo
Yup.. 2nd day!!! Shocking huh.. Me too.. I find it so scary.

Jaymickey
My attendance n little Q's is confirmed... thanks

Jojo
Im also thinking of giving my Q solid once he hit 4mths, which is this Sunday. He's not drinking much milk, so im thinking of supplementing him a little solids.

Hello
Mummies who have Bumbo seat
Are they good? Any comments on it? Thought of getting it for baby

How old before they can sit in it? cos i heard not good if they start sitting too early. Thanks

Today I'm so free, can come in here &amp; chat so much.. haha.

Mrs Yap
I have the Bumbo &amp; D loves sitting it in.

Meie
Oh thats good
The reason i wanna buy one for R is becos i realised she loves sitting up. She will cry and fuss and when i put her in sit up position, she will stop. Hope its a good investment
happy.gif

Back