(2008/09) Sep 2008

Springz, nope I'm using Lansinoh bags but i don't fill it all up, maybe max only 230ml. i didn't know can mix the bm of different pumps to a bag. i use 1 bag each time i pump, the bags used up so fast!

hey jessi - by right cannot.. my sis did it for her 3 kids and all turn out ok so I also dun care.. haha.. But I will put freshly pumped ones in chiller 1st then mix chilled to chilled then freeze. The blue eggs bag are made for standing so the base is very wide. Max is about 200ml in each bag though the bag label says 260!

angeline - whoa so heartpain to throw! But u are not working so won't really be using it right? I've been storing mine since mid oct to cater for work (which I'm starting on fri)

xuanting - nothing la.. the experts are Bigtoes and Mei.. I learnt from Bigtoes and have been taking 2 fenugeek pills a day instead of 1. Also I drink alot of water. also have you seen how cows are milked? Well I squeeze while I pump so it is faster and more comes out.. can't see how many squirts when this happens. But usually it is 2-3 only.. but I think it is the intensity of the squirts not the number of it...

sighs.. am starting work on fri and wanted to drag my night pumps. Pumped at 12mn just now and aimed to pump in 5 hrs like now.. but at 3-4am boobs already super hard n painful - couldn't sleep!! Spent the past half hr massaging and releasing blocked ducts
sad.gif
How? My goal is to pump at 12mn and then at 8am.. without decreasing pump supply!
sad.gif

Hi, Springz,

My last pump each day is ard 12 mn and first pump for next is 9 am. supply din really decrease for me.Maybe you can try one time and see how.
happy.gif

angeline, why throw away liquid gold?

I recall zoe tay used her extra bm to wash hair/ soak feet....worse come to worst, u have pets ?(like cats)
wonder if they can take human milk....

springz, thanks for the encouragement!

i stopped all kinds of supplement 1 mth ago as I seem to be breaking out in rashes. after monitoring/ keeping a food diary, simply cannot trace back to any of the food i consume.
the result: doctors say it is due to hormonal changes...

any mummies also have rashes? itchy ones.
mine started from around ankles, 1 or 2 days after delivery...

Just in case i dun return to this thread, happy new year!
2029786.gif

momopanda
think u can get the baby mineral oil at any Guardian or watsons. i used the J&J one that came free in my baby hospital bag. hehe:p

springz

yah..not really using..more of to stimulate/maintain the flow..i more heartpain throwing all those milkbags away..so sayang..so me oso tinking of buying the via cup to freeze them.at leaSt can reuse

miow

no lei..no pets for me..n i dun really like using the bm on myself..so oily!

Morning mummies~~

I am back at work already
sad.gif
Already felt that my baby is recognising the maid as the mummy instead of me. When she comes to R, she will let out the sweetest smile and laugh to the maid and stretch out her arms. When she saw me, even when I kept calling her name, she just look hard at me before giving a faint smile...Told my hubby abt this, cos my work is already stressful enuff, but still feel so sad that R seems to be closer to the maid day by day. Will she recognise me esp when sch re-opens, and all my mad time-table is going to crush me?? My hubby felt bad too, and kept telling R tt "this is mummy"..
sad.gif

Sorry for all the ranting, felt the need to let it out of me, cos I sorta remembered the last time Bigtoes mention abt baby not being able to be as close to mummy when mummy returns to work, but the caregiver instead. But we are left with no choice, need the income for bread and butter cos hb's job is in danger.. And I have been waiting for the longest time for R to flip over, and has been training her. Guess what? She managed to do it for the very first time on Monday! But the sad part is, the maid was the one to see it, NOT ME!
sad.gif
Can you imagine how I felt? I was so excited when my maid told me abt it, I even called my hubby immediately to tell him. But at the thought of us not being the ones to see, it really upsets me and hubby. Till now, I still have not seen it (her flipping over) for myself. My confession to make: I was so desparate to see it last night, I tried to push her butt to one side and "force" her to flip, but she refused. I dunno why am I doing this. We want so much to play a part in every stage of her physical progress, can't help but feel sad that we might miss out a lot of impt stages of her physical development since both of us working FT.

Also, I will like to be in the waiting list for the gathering. Hope it's not too late...

1. Jaymickey + bb - Confirmed
2. Jeraldin + HB + bb - Confirmed
3. Yan + bb - Confirmed
4. Traz + bb - Confirmed
5. Springz + lil S + helper - Confirmed
6. Xuanting + hb + bb
7. lilboymum + CY + CH + HB - Confirmed
8. Bigtoes + Dracwy + bb
9. storeberry & smallberry
10. Kymkym + Scarlett + Hb - Confirmed
11. bakingmama + bb - Confirmed
12. Angeline + bb (hb tbc)
13. LC + bb (hb TBA)
14. Sunrays + Charlotte
15. greenbaby + bb
16. Millie22+ Alston - Confirmed
17. preggie + cristian + hb
18. Jessi + bb + HB - Confirmed
19. Crayonshin + sumo
20. cupcakes + FB +BB +HB
21. sunnysunny + Baby
22. dollyNEYUKO + BB + HB
23. Littlepea + baby
24. Chewy + Zen + Zac ( HB TBC)
25. Sri + bb Shadiyah - Confirmed
26. Rachel + bb + hb
27. happy mummy + bb+ hb
28. jgwee + bb (HB TBC)
29. lok+ Jo-Jo brothers + maid (HB TBC)
30. cloud + bb + maid (TBC)
31. goldfish + bb - Confirmed
32. Blackberryb + BB Tristen - Confirmed
33. stefseansharbabes + sharmaine + HB (TBC)

Waitlist
1. vellvelle + BB
2. missy & BB
3. Jas + BB

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE PRETTY SEPT MUMMIES AND CUTIE BABIES!
happy.gif

jaymickey: glad to hear i'm not the only one. but my MIL and SIL kept saying 'dun save dun save, throw!'...

springz: so u mean: pump > chilled > warmed up > freezed balance of 20-40ml?

u read my mind again, was going to ask the capacity of the VIA cups. i think they make excellent puree containers...my sis saved $$ by using her small 125ml bottles to contain the puree cos they allow her to know how much she was feeding each time. Yep, she scooped the puree using a spoon, not bottlefed from those bottles) I might go buy those VIA cups cos the opening is much wider than the milk bottles (of course!), now that you intro them to me...tks!

HOW OFTEN DO YOU STERILISE YOUR WARMER & STERILISER? Hv u used the descaling tablets provided by the manufacturer (in my case Avent) yet? I've only done it once, which was 4 weeks ago.

TOUCHING BB
I also don't have the guts to tell off pple not to touch Alston...normally i just smiled away but deep in my heart, was telling myself "ALAMAK"...

Springz,
I am in awe of ur MS
kao_clap.gif
. U mean u managed to up your supply when u pump more frequently like 2hrs instead of 3hrly ? I can't do that in office leh, if not office staff will keep wondering why i always MIA. For me, if i pump at 8.30am and finish pumping at 9am, my next pump will start at 12pm based on 3hrly. Is my calculation correct or should i start pumping at 11.30 am ?? So u also pump during wee hrs ? Ever since back to work, i only latched at nite and pump at 5.30am.

Koras,
Yes my friend was also commenting that Bjorn doesn't have a good head support. She prefers Ergo as it can carry heavier bb and better head support i think.

BB FLIPPING
So glad to see Alston flipping to his side on his back 2 days ago. He's now 3 1/2 mths old.
Not sure on his weight and height...sigh...as I'm bringing him to GP nearby for jabs and this GP doesn't have the measuring tape and weighing scale to measure him.

Jas,
Dont feel so bad abt not being there for your bb. You could make up the bonding time in the evening (if you can knock off early or sharp) and weekends (get the maid to do your hsework while u, yr HB and bb could go out for walk, swim or shopping). My mom says bb will never forget their mommy..the closeness will never go away..it will always be there.

For me, when i go to work in the morning, i try to wake up earlier to feed my boy and sing to him. When i come back from work, i would sing and feed him, bathe him and cuddle him to bed..
u could also let your bb sleep an hour later during weekend..so that you can have some quiet time with your bb.
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Flos (flos) – yah, was thinking of maybe asking the flight stewardess if I could express milk in the business/first class toilet when I travel. Am itching to travel again, but also not looking forward to the hassle from needing to express. Wont keep the EBM during traveling – will just discard these – not even sure if they would allow EBM on board flights, unless I contain them in 100ml bottles (the milk bags are all 180ml, so wont be permitted).

Fidgeting during milk feeds –
Baby K has been fidgety during his milk feeds (both latch on and EBM) the last 2 days. Has only one encountered the same problem? I doubt its cos the milk taste funny from stuff I ate, cos he finished his EBM anyways. Am wondering if that could be a sign that he needs to move on to semi-solids?

A good book:
happy.gif

Mommies, if you can, get hold of the book "What to expect the first year", which is the sequel to "What to expect when you are expecting". It has a month by month update, and is very useful in allaying fears on babies and answering questions you might otherwise direct to the PD.

Springz (springz) – OMG!! How much milk do you produce in a day? Like 3 litres? I only express 2X at nite, or if i am out and miss feeds &amp; hardly ever have leftovers from night feeds to freeze! Plus some people comment on fishy/metallic taste from EBM, so I am not intending to stock up. Will just supplement with FM when I go back to work.

Goldfish (goldfish1395) – I bought the CNY romper for $22. only came across ONE shop selling rompers that can fit a 6 month old (the size I bought for baby K) – the other CNY clothes are for infants 1 year and up….so maybe its better to get yours from the spree? Can you send me the link?

Jas (mobilesuitegal) – I guess we don’t have a choice – just have to be more open to baby sharing their 1st experiences with another caregiver – easier said than done of cos.
sad.gif
I already miss him like crazy on the days we drop him off for a couple of hours at my MILs. She will be the primary caregiver when I go back to work, and I hope I wont get jealous if the day comes when baby K loves her more….sigh.

Confirming for CNY GATHERING:
1. Jaymickey + bb - Confirmed
2. Jeraldin + HB + bb - Confirmed
3. Yan + bb - Confirmed
4. Traz + bb - Confirmed
5. Springz + lil S + helper - Confirmed
6. Xuanting + hb + bb
7. lilboymum + CY + CH + HB - Confirmed
8. Bigtoes + Dracwy + bb - Confirmed
9. storeberry &amp; smallberry
10. Kymkym + Scarlett + Hb - Confirmed
11. bakingmama + bb - Confirmed
12. Angeline + bb (hb tbc)
13. LC + bb (hb TBA)
14. Sunrays + Charlotte
15. greenbaby + bb
16. Millie22+ Alston - Confirmed
17. preggie + cristian + hb
18. Jessi + bb + HB - Confirmed
19. Crayonshin + sumo
20. cupcakes + FB +BB +HB
21. sunnysunny + Baby
22. dollyNEYUKO + BB + HB
23. Littlepea + baby
24. Chewy + Zen + Zac ( HB TBC)
25. Sri + bb Shadiyah - Confirmed
26. Rachel + bb + hb
27. happy mummy + bb+ hb
28. jgwee + bb (HB TBC)
29. lok+ Jo-Jo brothers + maid (HB TBC)
30. cloud + bb + maid (TBC)
31. goldfish + bb - Confirmed
32. Blackberryb + BB Tristen - Confirmed
33. stefseansharbabes + sharmaine + HB (TBC)

Waitlist
1. vellvelle + BB
2. missy &amp; BB
3. Jas + BB</font>

Attached is the updated list. Mummies, kindly confirm ur attendance... thanks

Confirmed
1 Jaymickey + bb - Confirmed
2 Jeraldin + HB + bb - Confirmed
3 Yan + bb - Confirmed
4 Traz + bb - Confirmed
5 Springz + lil S + helper - Confirmed
6 lilboymum + CY + CH + HB - Confirmed
7 Bigtoes + Dracwy + bb - Confirmed
8 Kymkym + Scarlett + Hb - Confirmed
9 bakingmama + bb - Confirmed
10 Millie22+ Alston - Confirmed
11 Jessi + bb + HB - Confirmed
12 Sri + bb Shadiyah - Confirmed
13 goldfish + bb - Confirmed
14 Blackberryb + BB Tristen - Confirmed

Pending Confirmation
1 storeberry &amp; smallberry
2 Xuanting + hb + bb
3 Angeline + bb (hb tbc)
4 LC + bb (hb TBA)
5 Sunrays + Charlotte
6 greenbaby + bb
7 preggie + cristian + hb
8 Crayonshin + sumo
9 cupcakes + FB +BB +HB
10 sunnysunny + Baby
11 dollyNEYUKO + BB + HB
12 Littlepea + baby
13 Chewy + Zen + Zac ( HB TBC)
14 Rachel + bb + hb
15 happy mummy + bb+ hb
16 jgwee + bb (HB TBC)
17 lok+ Jo-Jo brothers + maid (HB TBC)
18 cloud + bb + maid (TBC)
19 stefseansharbabes + sharmaine + HB (TBC)

Waitlist
1 vellvelle + BB
2 missy &amp; BB
3 Jas + BB

wow, springz, now you're every mummies' "ou siang" cos of your milk bar! hehe

but seriously, I know it's sure hard work for you cos you pump dilligently.
happy.gif
well done! as for your targetted pumping schedule during night time, can speak to your body, your breasts to be ready for the next pump at the time that you want. Try it!

Touching of BB: yucks, kissing babies on the lips is such a big NO NO! really bian tai like you mummies said! I have church friends who likes to kiss GuniBoy's head, face and sometimes I'll stop them if it's in time, by saying that he got cream on his face, better dun kiss him/touch his face! I would also add that GuniBoy dun like it when people touch his face (this is so true!). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! Cos they are too fast or they just say, sorry can't resist it!

My 2 cartons of Fitti 360 is here! Ok, gotta go pack abit and do some spring cleaning!

HI springz,

I was told by the LC from TMC to increase your pumping session half hourly for a few days jus to let your boobs get use to it..

I had bad engorgement that time when i try to increase it at 2 hours straight.

springz &amp; jessi: WAH!!! Lots of milk! Well done! I've gotten lazy and haven't been pumping for like almost a month. Today i decided to pump after a nursing session. Only 20ml!!! And i've not been taking fenugreek pills either. As long as my boy has been satiated after latching on, i thought i shouldn't bother. Plus, he doesn't even like drinking EBM out of a bottle. SO i've like thrown away a lot of EBM. However, I am now wondering if i shd pump milk or not? So that at least I have some in store to use for when I start weaning.

Storeberry: I need to ask you again - did you buy shichida dot cards or a copy? I really want to get them. Any lobangs? I tried surfing online but no luck so far. Not sure if cos I'm not using the right search terms.

CNY clothes: Oh my! i haven't even thought about it!!!

Touching Baby: Tell me about it! Here , the more elderly folks like to pass comments about my son e.g. not dressed warmly enough (and he's already like in THICK winter clothes) or like he's tiny (do theyexpect an OBESE bay?). THen proceed to touch his cheeks and face with their hands. I dread to think of how filthy their hands are seeing that MOST toilets here don't have soap. Ergh. Now I do not hesitate to pull him away when i see 'itchy' hands coming his way. I also bring along a pack of Pigeon's hand and mouth wipes to sanitise his face.

SLEEP: Anyone whose baby is sleeping a lot less during the day? My boy can stay up like 2-3 hours at a stretch without a nap! And i've got to keep entertaining him. Good thing is that he can be kept occupied with flashcards and stories. He could sit through a ladybird story book and like 12 poems on top of flashcards. Oh man! I'm just really concerned about him napping so little.

MORE FREQUENT FEEDS &amp; COLD WEATHER: Does anyone know if cold weather makes babies nurse more frequently?

Hi, mommies

Have MIA for awhile cos last minute got to go overseas for work for few days. and had to leave baby J here
sad.gif
he also dun seem to recognise me when I was back.. but after some warm up, he flashed me with that wonderful smile that I missed.. :p Still he cannot flip, now only can lift his head when on tummy time.. I have to be patient, i guess. dun wan him to feel pressurized.. and i also stopped saying that he is slow in this and in that in front of him liao.. last time i used to do that cos it is so naturaaly for me to say this comment when people asked if he can do this or that..bad mummy I am!!

Hi,Jas

I understand how you feel.. but bo bian.. have to "look open".. i feel our babies will still know we are their mummies so long we bond with them.. they know mummies are different from any other caretaker. try to spend time with little R whenever you can. this is what I am doing.. I change my little J's diaper, feed him, sing to him, bath him whenever I can. though tiring but it pays off..

Babies flipping..
My boy still haasnt flipped successfully.. Heheheh.. He's now trying to lift his body up, but will stop halfway.. Very cute.. Then i'll roll him till he's lying on his tummy.
Millie, congrats on ut baby flipping. Must be very cute!! ;p

morn mummies ,
So much posts to catch up
happy.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 ahead
happy.gif

SpingZ ,
Well done ... so much milk to spare ... if we not enought milk , PM u .. haha ...

I am pumping milknw while reading the posts.. My milk ss dwindle so much over these few days .. cos went out and pump at 7-8 hrs interval ... nw have to supplement one to two feed of FM ..

New year resolution ...
am thinking of what i have to accomplish nezt year .. haha ... think will write it down and then one month later forget about it as usual ... but am still thinking of what to write .. haha

Angeline
Don't throw away your milk, donate it. There are many mummies who would want our milk. I've donated around 6 litres worth of my FBM away already &amp; it feels great to know that my milk is benefiting some babies.

SarahMay
I also hardly pump as I latch on 100%. I pump only when I feel super engorged at night when baby sleeps through. I know how you feel, we got no idea how much our baby is drinking &amp; sometimes we feel if we are feeding them enough but as long as they're growing well &amp; are happy, then it's ok. &amp; I feel it's less stressful than pumping &amp; staring at our nipples &amp; the level in the bottle.. lol.

VIA cups
very useful, though it is advised you dun use it more than 5x? (cant rem the instructions on the box), but after that, yes can use it as puree cups, and then after that when you child starts to drink from cups, use it as extra cups for them...then when they go to school, use it for crafts, stacking toys, to grow beansprouts etc...

jas
hugzzz....dun worry, your bb will always love mummy
happy.gif

sarah
ch can stay up in the day too! but night time shes usually ok, but guess she is having her 12 weeks grow spurt now coz past two nights been waking up at around 4am to nurse...

Happy New Year Mummies!!!!!SO glad another long weekend coz hb taking leave!!!

Hi, SarahMay

MORE FREQUENT FEEDS &amp; COLD WEATHER - I tot so.. Cos they will need to burn more to keep themselves warm so they will tend to be fed more to have the energy..

Missy,
Thanks
happy.gif

SarahMay,
Alston is not sleeping that much either for the past 2-3 weeks. I think it should be ok la, but he falls asleep at 8-10pm if he is not sleeping much in the day.

CNY costumes :
My hubby's godma bot A some chinese costumes for CNY. I don't think they are really that nice, but i guess i will still let him wear la cos dun wanna waste them. Where can we get the hat/cap cos it doesn't come in a set ??

<font color="0077aa">Angeline: Which types of milkbags did you get to store 200ml in each bag? I have the playtex &amp; Lasinoh ones &amp; p[laytex ones, I only store up to 140ml max &amp; the latter is 160ml max as stated on the box.

I also have no space in my tiny fridge!! Had to enlist the help of my SIL to store at her fridge! And it was quite funny cos there was once I called her to exchange the milk (First In- first out) she asked: "Oh, ni yao na huo hah?" Then I replied: "No, wo yao huan wo.." lol!</font>

VelleVelle, okie i will take note of that.

LC, Chewy_ring &amp; Storeberry, can u let me have ur confirmation on ur attendance for the CNY gathering on 7th Feb?

Touching bb: there was one time i was eating at hawker centre, my ger was sleeping, so i was carrying her as i did not bring stroller down. while eating, there is this auntie came n n hold my bb's head n asked to be careful. faint lo, she is one of the stall holder, don know her hand clean a not.
Another time, my grandma is at nursing home, so i bring my ger to see her. know what, thwe nurse there was so excited to see bb, (think they nvm see bb before). she just carried away w/o asking me n before i can do anything. wow lau, so happy see her n carry her n don want to return to me, end up i just said come let go, n carry back my ger from her.
sometime, i alone bring my bb to food court to see, then there is auntie asked me need her help. i was like huh?, no need i can handle.
caretaker: my ger also smile very happy to the care vtaker at infant care when i bring her theren home. no choice, she see them 9 hr every day.

<font color="119911">Hi mommies, just back from swimming with baby K.
happy.gif

Goldfish (goldfish1395) - just saw the link for CNY clothes. This is CHEAPER and has more variety than at Chinatown, so mommies might as well order from here. The ones for baby girls are so pretty, especially the Korean dresses.
happy.gif

There is only ONE shop in Chinatown selling CNY rompers for babies below 1 year old - like 2 designs in 3 colors, and only for baby boys - these are selling for $22. The one we bought looks similar to one of those going for $17 on the link, plus we paid $8 for the old HDB parking at People's Park.</font>

<font color="0077aa">HI jaymickey, ok pls confirm my attendence with bb. Yan, we keep in touch thru sms.
happy.gif

Limay: I saw the CNY boy rompers at Toa Payoh &amp; guess the price? $30!!! Gosh!</font>

Bigtoes, u mean all the rompers are only for bb boys one ar??? and all more ex than in forum? I was still planning on going this sat. Think no need to go already! Gosh, the parking fees are getting more n more expensive everywhere! My hubby used up 1 $30 cash card just by goin ard orchard and parking when he brought us out last sat!!!

Storeberry, yeah contact thru sms. I guess all the shops are trying to reap in more profits by selling the bb clothes v ex. cos mummies are really willing to pay more just to dress up their precious! even now my mum have been reminding me abt the amount of clothes i bought at the warehouse sale. -_-!

<font color="119911">yan (bbfam) - We walked the shops at Chinatown, but only came across one selling rompers for babies. The rest were the top/bottom sets for 1 year or older. This shop only had the boy sets, none of the pretty girly rompers. We went cos I wanted to get a matching cheongsam for myself as well, some other CNY baby clothes for a friend's kiddies, and to get ba-kua from a shop there for my FIL. The CNY roadside stalls aren't open yet - think only starting this weekend.

Meanwhile, here is a photo of baby K in his new swimsuit taken this afternoon
happy.gif
</font>
2031478.jpg

**CNY clothes**
Big thks Goldfish for the link!
happy.gif
I been searching for CNY clothes for DD but cant find any of her size.........
I'm so wanna buy for DD so she can wear it during our CNY gathering.. hehehe..the pink is nice... prefer the neck type but hor no size for her...hmmm...

Bigtoes! K is sooo cute in that!!!!!!! but then it still looks abit loose on him..? where u got it from?

Anyway, i better dun go this sat then...

chewyring: still got write new year resolutions? very good. i gave up many eons ago. heheh. i think i just stick to having a simple goal this year: to be a happy SAHM, be patient with my baby, and try my best to keep a comfy home for my hub.

jasmine: yikes. these ppl are very annoying. so presumptuous. the aunties here also like to touch touch my baby. argh.

millie/ l'l cy: but your bb can sleep thru the nite right? mine stil doesn't. ok.but at least yday he slept for a 4.5 hr block. i'm already v thankful. but then after that, was 1+am - feed, 3+am - diaper/ a bit of feed. 5+am: a bit of feed, diaper. 8.30am: awake for the day.today, tok him out in stroller and he managed an hour of nap. now tricked him by pushing him out to the corridor on stroller when he was fussing..now snoozing away.hope it lasts.

LC: i should think so. butthen those ang moh books on baby raising shd mention it right? but nothing. i realy hope that is the cause of my bb waking up more freq at nite and feeding more during the day at times.

bigtoes: mine fusses more too! i also dunno why. perhaps they are teething? that was sugested to me by my SIL but then again my son's only 14.5 wks old. too early to be really teething.

mei: agree agree. however, when i saw i cld pump so little compared to previously, i'm a bit concerned. but then again, i'm SAHM and doing 100% latch-on. so no need to store so much milk. as it is i'm wondering how to make use of my curent stash before they expire.

dolly, my little A also cant do tummy time! she cant even lift up her head. but when she's on her back, she can kek and lift her head off the bed.

Yeah, Happy New Year To all Sept Thread Mummies~!

Back