(2008/09) Sep 2008

Green_baby
How is the sale like @ the Borders Sale? I am visiting my granny tmr @ Bedok, and want to drop by to get some books for Rachael
happy.gif

Kymkym
OMG, ur loot is super! But I've got to admit, it's really fun shopping together and grabbing bargains for ur darling
happy.gif
Did you still see the FP dollhouse that you bought on display yday?? Want to get it..If u thinking of selling, can let me know
happy.gif
I'm eyeing tt piece of ur loot hee...
happy.gif

Storeberry
I might be going down to the sale tmr as I'm visiting my granny @ Bedok. Any titles / flashcards u want, so I can keep a lookout for you? Can PM or sms me if you want, k?
happy.gif

Sri
At least u are brave enuff to cut ur bb's nails. Even if I can bathe her and everything, the only I leave to my maid is the cutting of her nails. She has nimble fingers that I don't possess! Although she did snip once and my gal's finger bled a little..
sad.gif

Xuanting
Don't have to feel guilty lah, at least u are spending for your child's interest!
happy.gif
Just save in other areas lor, some things are worth spending. I am also tempted to go a second round, maybe wait till the last 2 days before we go and pick even cheaper stuff there??

LC
Oh no, you mean ur boy can't take the seat?? So wasted right, the Hop n Pop is such a great buy..and we grabbed it together somemore!
sad.gif
I help u ask my fren if she wants to buy, u sold it already?? The condition's so good.. Yday when u hang up the phone, Rachael also woke up, so had to attend to her too. Guess we don't have much time for ourselves, all attention must be on our darlings
happy.gif
You want to get any books from the Borders Sale? I might be going tmr. Any titles/flashcards u want??

Breadmum
Is ur baby 3 mths already? My fren's son got his first 2 teeth @ 4mths, growing so nicely
happy.gif

Mandy
Me too! These 2 weeks have been staying @ home, but spent more than usual, cos of BP and online shopping! It's really addictive, and scary cos u don't feel cold hard cash flowing out of the wallet..even at sales, can use credit cards! Sinful wor..

Millie
Do they still have the learning table @ Robinsons? I wanted to get one on Fri, but it's not working, so did not want to take the risk to buy, since the discount also not a lot.

Jojo
If u intending to go tmr, must go really early. They have new stuff every day..so must go early if u want to grab good buys. Best to do some homework first to make sure that ur buys are worth the trip and effort..
happy.gif

Bacon&Egg
I remembered u mentioned to me during lunch @ JP that there is a BP selling a type of slimming wrap right? U got the link? Dunno if the one I found is the correct one..Cos my tummy is really huge, and I've been putting on too much weight!
sad.gif
And my MIL even asked my maid.."Why is your mum so fat?? Tell her not to eat so much!" *arghz*

i'm full of toy envy!!!! i want soem of those toys!

kym kym: how much was the magna doodle?

anyone saw the kick and play piano? know how much it costs? i saw it at a shop over here selling it fgor 38 bucks, and it's supposed to be on offer. not sure if that is ex or not.

storeberry & flos: thanks! actually the job was offered to me at the beginning of the year. they contacted me again and asked if i was interested in working. but of cos i can't and am not...now my priority is my son.

cupcakes: did you say i shdn't leave my son in the care of strangers? don't intend to. tho i'm not v good as a SAHM cos i HATE housework and m not v good at it at all...i do enjoy looking after him. except when he is having an extended period of crankiness and i'm tired...hehe. fortunately tt is q rare.

oh flos! what awards have you won? so quick paint pictures...maybe a pictuer book and submit for competition or to a publisher to have it publish! i will def get a copy then!

millie: i don't have degree in early childhood. my degree was in arts(journalism), but then i went on to do postgrad studies for primary education, drama and drama ed. but i love working with pre-primary kids!!! hehe. so is your posting confirmed? when will you know? good thing it is next yr, most of your son's jabs will be done. doing them in china can be q troublesome.

TUMMIES: ARGH! i still have a 3mth preggy tummy i think! damn annoying. how?!!!

Hi Jas,

Think i will not go to the mattel sales... Spend too much this month buying clothes for son already... Anyway, Breadmum had sold her jumperoo to me so nothing i really want to make the trip worthwhile for me...

I am going back to work on tuesday so probably need to prepare myself and spend more time with son....

oh someone asked about how to use magna doodle for storytelling? do draw-and-tell stories with them! thye are great fun...as you tell the story, you draw ...and at the end of the story, you get a picture. and that picture usually is about a character from the story. quite cool. Richard Thompson has two great collections of such stories. But there are loads of other you can use with younger children. Just google it.

For Richard THompson, here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Frogs-Riddle-other-Draw-stories/dp/155037138X.

chewy_ring

exactly..coz if for FB,will defintelt buy but hmm for carine,if use for a few months then v sayang lei...anyway,i already got afew toys during the previous mattel sale...some still unopen yet in my storeroom..
happy.gif
just tt i c the jumperoo very nice...

sri

hugs!dun worry..me oso accidentally cut carine on 2 of her fingers during the last cut.feel so heartache man especially when i touch her fingers,she will jerk away like in pain..

bbjourn got a few model & theres some weight difference..i koe the original is until 10kg..active 12kg? can go down to mothercare/dept stores take a look.the wts thread got afew ppl selling theirs..

kymkym

wow..thats a long list of toys..
happy.gif
like wat ava said..keep them in the storeroom n open them 1 by 1..n oso open too many,u will spend quite sometime cleaning them next time..

so many posts and pictures on the wonderful Mattel sale!! No time to read them and getting very dizzy looking at the toy mountains!!! (esp after taking my cold tabs...)

Alas, after Isaac's pneumococcal jab on Sat, he was rather cranky, and was in fact running a mild fever @ 37.1 degreeC so we decided to go home to let him rest, so no shopping for the rest of the day ...Then, yours truly also fell sick!

Lok, nice meeting you, Joshua and your DH at TMC on Sat. I hope u didn't catch the cold bug like I did after the visit to the 'bacteria-infested' clinic
sad.gif

Anyway, glad to know Isaac is 7kg at 12 weeks, 64 cm tall. PD said he's in the 97 percentile in all the catergories
happy.gif

greenbaby, isabelle, chewyring: hey, I also went to the Borders sale at Expo this morning and got some children's boardbooks & flashcards. I didn't think the books are dirty at all. Just gotta dig from the bottom of the piles...chewyring: we also bought Italian cookbooks!!! Total damages: $76 (cos we hv no VIP card).

Mandy: u bought the Rainforest high chair? Could u tell me how that toy on the tray works? I'm still scouting around for a nice high chair...

Hi, Jas

actually my boy can fit in, the leg holes r ok too but just that I feel he is like very uncomfortable in the seat cos of his tummy and he is actually oversized according to the PD..

I am waitng for chew ring and cloud to confirm if any one of them want it or not.. the condition, I have checked, are all ok..u help me check with your friend if they wan it or not if chew ring and cloud dun wan.. Letting go at 70 but need to collect at my place..

I agree that our time go to our little one.. I dun think I can handle another one.. hahaha.. My hubby also can't stand my quick temper these days.. I know myself but can't control and it is onlu over liao, then I regretted and will go say sorry to hubby.. sighz!!!

U going borders sale tom? I want to go but hubby wan go in law place to dry swim.. so sianzz.. Can get for me the baby einstein books? My boy likes baby einsteib book so tot of buying a few more. If have, help me buy:-

(a)Water water everywhere
(b)See and spy shapes
(c)Touch and feel farm animals

and and, "Mama Do You Love me" by Barbara Joose..

Thanks thanks..

sarahmay: i'm sure u'll enjoy yourself as a SAHM
happy.gif
Awards? those children (not adult) art competitions lor, what else? keke...

Jojobar: For me, I spent too much money buying working clothes for myself
happy.gif
I'm also gearing up to get back to work...enough of shopping! Now wondering if it's nec to buy a lighter Combi for my PILs to use when my son is parked at their place. My P3 might be too heavy for them...BB Hyperstore is also having WAREHOUSE SALE this weekend. hmmm...

Millie: I'm very sleepy now, so hv missed your post. So where r u going to be posted to? it's u or your hubby?

Oh Oh chewy, the trike 2 bike is $90.. the lady says its $189.90 in the shops..

Hi sarah,

The magna doodle is $10/$15 i think.. but the inside and the outside packaging is crappy, very dusty

Dear Ava and angeline.. Yup yup, i'll open them slowly.. but because they're return stocks, got to open them to check if anything is not working.. oh dear, anyone got storeroom to rent????~~~

Dear jas,

if i am selling, you'll be the 1st i tell :pPPP keke

Hi,Flos

Issac went for the pneumococcal jab liao.. my boy going this coming thurs.. initially wan to do it together with the 6-in-1 jab but he got to get pain twice and I heard pneumococcal jab is very painful so decided to spread it out by one week plus gap.. pneumococcal jab will have fever too? alamak!! how much you pay for that jab?

Kymkym: your loot is fantastic! hee, maybe next time we can arrange for gathering at your new place, then all the kids can play and make good use of your collection of toys! u can charge entry fee! hehe

Flos: oh dear, u caught the nasty flu bug ah, take care! drink loads of water and take vit c and rest well! wear a mask, so u wont spread to Isaac. By the way, fever for baby is 37.5 degrees and above.

Where's BB Hyperstore's warehouse sale? When start? I want to get a stroller!

Jo: which lighter stoller did you get for your mum in the end? I'm eyeing the McClaren Quest.

SarahMay: I also have a tummy that looks like I'm 4mths preggy, flabby arms and thunder thighs now ... winder when the last 7kg will go ... I was only down with 6kg, then when I stopped breastfeeding, I gained another kg! double sigh

xingying: for the jumperoo, you can see 1,2 & 3 on the green straps, 1 is the lowest setting, 3 is the highest (for taller babies). Look at the underside, flip the bar and you can adjust the straps.

flos

i just went to the bb hyperstore sale today n bought carine her carseat n my elder gel another stroller..coz she been fighting with carine over it n its getting tiring to carry carine..

RE: carseat

mummies koe if we can put the carseat at the front but rearward facing? hb tinking of putting carine infront.(ours is the convertible carseat for NB-4yrs, NOT those infant carseat) our car has no airbag at the pax seat..i am now at a headache over how to place my 2 carseat...

gunibabe

its at kaki bukit.shun li industrial park..wat kind of stroller u looking for? i just bought a stroller there for $79..there are afew prices..u got sat straits time? go c pg C24...

brazilian wax
has any mommy gone and gotten a post-episiotomy brazilian done yet? i want to do but am feeling jittery abt it.

LC,
let me know if cloud & chewling "give up" on their chance to buy the hop&pop from u. i can collect from ur place. would love for my boi to play in it. thanks.

brought my FB to stanchart marathon today. she completed the kids' dash & collected her 1st medal in her life!!! i so damn proud of her cos she ran/walked the full distance w/o daddy or mummy carrying her. a future marathoner in the making!

here's my FB gal w her cousins, posing before their 1st BIG race:
1958333.jpg

cannot wait to get hold of other photos from my SIL & MIL. especially the ones when they are wearing their medals :)

Jas - mine is only 3 months next week. a tad early for teeth but its really teeth,

I headed down to Robinsons to buy more teats and get clothes and shoes to start work as well. The sale this year, not that great and heels are so high. Am not totally recovered to wear such high heels.

Need to ask mommies out there. What is the diff between size of teat holes? and when must change to bigger holes or teats? Also silicone or latex, any difference. I've been using latex all along but my little one has chewed holes such that it leaks.

Borders sale sounds tempting esp after seeing green baby's loot. yikes- spend $$ again. I realised during my confinement month i spent what i earn for that month.

mummies staying in the east ... any good pd to recommend? urgenly lookin for 1 in the east. If have can give the
1) doctor's name
2) address
3) contact

Many thanks in advance.

hi mummies! tell u all something gross.. I just did a right side pump n was happily surfing when I felt dampness on my berms... looked down n saw that pump was to the brim n milk was overflowing through the other end of the funnel!!! argghhh.. now all sticky n wet...
this is the result of nearly 6 hrs of not pumping.. sigh.. now other side engorged...

flos - hope you get better!

here is a pic of lil s on her cousin's bumbo.. wanted to try her out on it and got scolded majorly by hubby coz her neck was wobbling so terribly! i also feel bad... took her out in less than a min!

1958447.jpg

twenty ,
you must be really proud ... me thiking of signing uo next year for zac .. under 3 years old category ..

LC ,
Me me .. I would like to buy the Set .. but where are u staying ? I need to collect it .. ThanX ba ..

Kym Kym ,
I will go down to the sale tomorrow and see if i can still grab one bike for zac ..

Flos ,
I did my puenommoccal jab last month and gg for another jab next month , 2nd month and 4th month , then 6th month .. keke .. Zen took together with 6 in 1 .. so damn painful ..

Spingz ,
haha ... me pumping too ... cos just nw dozed off at 8 pm .. forget to pump before sleeping .. anyway your supply is soo much .. after 6 hours , i can only pump out 5 oz in total from 2 sides .. gotta Kun ... nitZ

chewyring - 5oz is nearly 150ml which is alot! This time round is record for me la.. right was 210 and left 100.. dunno how much overflow also! Break my previous record! Dunno how when I start work in Jan..
sad.gif

Mummies who are working - silly question, should I pump more frequently (than my current 3 hr interval) to stock up more for lil S or should I be tapering off to adjust to work.. I think I can only manage 4 hr intervals at wk at best. Do boobies need like some time to ease them into change of supply? haha..

twendy
Congrats! You must ve feel proud watching your daughter finished the race on her own and won a medal.
happy.gif

vellevelle
I stay in the East too! My bb is attended by Dr. Cheng at Kinder Clinic in East Shore. I find him very patient and attentive. During my first few weeks with my newborn, I frequently called him to ask about bb's medical condition. He will answers my qns patiently and only asks me to go to the clinic if he tinks its necessary.

LC, won't be getting the hop n pop toy thanks...

Gunibabe, ur arms, thighs and tummy can't possibly be as big as mine! I can't wait to get rid of the excess weight!!

Angeline, is the bb hypermart sale still on today? I don't hv straits times. Are the things really much cheaper? I'm looking for a car seat, borrowing a quinny pram frm my colleague so need to get a maxi cosi car seat.

Calling for LC ,
Can PM me your add or hp so that i knoe where to collect and buy from u .. thanX ba ..

Springz ,
150 ml after 6 hrs is little compared to yours ... yours is 350 ml .. haha . that is about twice .. GOSH .. i only can pump the amount in 12 hrs .. or more than that ..

Gunibb ,
no la , your thighs and tummy is not big la

gunibabe
Was admiring your entire get up the other day at the HK cafe. You looked fab!!! I cldn't see any of those fats u were describing.

storeberry
yah lor. My hubby is a lao baby...

RAINFOREST JUMPEROO
I am sooooo happy i bot it! Last nite I put baby in it and when she realised she cld bounce in it, she laughed out loud! Can't describe the joy in my heart!

ava
what a good suggestion!

Kymkym
since u got so many toys and r gd in business, mebbe u can consider renting the toys out after scarlett is done with them!

twendy, what's the distance for the kids' run? your girl is still in diapers right? so cute!

i tasted my own breastmilk for the first time yesterday! was pumping & some milk somehow got into the tubing, so i disconnected it & and SUCKED the milk out. tastes quite sweet, more like juice than milk i think.

cloud, chewy_ring, isabelle: my fats are all well hidden by my clothes! I just want to get back to my former glory! haha, can't compare with others, just want to be able to fit into all my pre-preggie clothes!

isabelle: my get-up that day was what I wore during my preggie days! They's size 12/14 of Topshop, I used to wear 8 or at most 10! How I wish I can be as slim as you are!

baby G is so loveable, can imagine her laughing out loud heartily!
happy.gif
ah, those cheeks! *muarks*

Expenses: hmmn, am I the only weird one whose expenses came down after having a baby? hehe ... hubby and I were going thru our finances and realised that my confinement mth, credit card bill was the lowest! Somehow, after giving birth, I have no mood to shop for myself, I'm not back to pre-preggie size, so buying clothes in bigger size is rather depressing! I've also lost interest in makeup/shoes which used to be my fav! The only thing that interests me now is still my baby!

We're also dining out less (more convenient to da bao and eat at home so baby can sleep/play in his rocker/cot) and hence spending lesser at restaurants.
happy.gif
hubby said that baby is helping us to save $$$. That shows how much we used to spend!

<font color="0077aa">Anyone going to Mattel sale today? Can update what are the new toys? Keke... Its a rainy day &amp; don't feel like going out! Chewyring, you goin?

Isabelle: Happy that G like the jumperoo!! Maybe last day have good bargains for it? Dreaming again...

Gunibabe: Wow, your expenses came down? Think I am spending more after baby is born!! I need to disconnect my broadband! LOL..

Tummy: Talking about that, my fats are still there lo...</font>

Storeberry,
I might go down. Exchange my hop n pop for something else..cos baconboy dont like to sit in in!

Isabelle,
Remember to PM/sms me the amt to pay u for the Sat's shopping!
happy.gif

Anyone doing situps and crunches already?

Solid food for bb
Any mommy starting soon or started? Let's share experiences..i intend to start end of 4th mth.

sarah may
People still ask me when I'm due so you're not alone! I'm also at the stage where my preggie clothes are too big, and normal clothes too tight...so i have NOthing to wear!

gunibabe
that happened to us when we had our first child. but hehehe..when they get older, you realise a whole new world of books and toys and stuff they actually enjoy...and o dear dear me..they can be expensive!!!

im not even looking at my credit card bill anymore. just waiting for hb to ask... :p WAH this month so much ah....

springz
seems like you ss getting better!!! share share any secret recipe?

shauna looks very steady in her numbo leh...or izzit your SLR again?
happy.gif

LC,
ops , sorrie LC just saw your email ..your place really far from my place .. i am staying at the north ..not driving there to pick up ...Can u let go to other mummies then .. thanX and sorrie fo rthe trouble..

ava, bite them! i'm surviving on my maternity jeans and capris too. dunno what size i am now so i haven't been buying clothes. did grab some cheap and loose fitting tees at the fox sale though. am adamant not to spend over $10 on larger clothes so i'll really have to slim down.

tink u better ask them wats the model..been searching for a pic to show u..but ccant find yet..got red/blue..got a model call 'dori/dopi'? tts wat written on the buckle

WAREHOUSE SALE AGAIN!!!!

Gimmill - manufacturer of Carters, Oshkosh, The Childrens Place, Kmart, Walmart, Sears, etc..

Warehouse sales: 19 dec - 21 dec
operating hour is from 9.00am - 8.00pm
Cash Only

Price range from $1.50 - $10/pc.

storeberry ,
i went for the last year sale .. very worth it for children clothes .. but OSh kosh jackets are 15- 20 dollars .. Carters are 3 for $10 .. hmm .. lots of gals clothes as usual and limited boys clothes ... Hope this year is different .. more boys clothes ... keke ..

wawawhahaha.. i am going down to the mattel warehouse again....... got 2 toys not working.. and 1 toy.. hb don't think is educational.. wheeee going to see if anything new.. :p...

kym kym
are you reading this?? can you help me check if they have the doodle pro??? wanna get for jared boy. the big one with shapes for stamping. if you can help me get, i'll get from you and pay you back can???

xuanting,
the distance for kids' dash is 750m. as long as u complete the distance, no matter run, walk, climb, carried or even in a stroller, the kid will get a medal. and yes, my gal is still not toilet-trained :-(

chewy_ring,
yes, go sign up for kids' dash next yr. it's fun, especially when the kid can walk already &amp; has a competition streak. my gal has this thing abt running fast fast recently &amp; always wanna be 1st. maybe we should "chio" each other &amp; have a gathering for sep babies while they "run" for next yr event.

LC,
am i next in line for the hop n pop after chewy_ring &amp; cloud? are you going for bigtoes' xmas gathering?

Hi everyone, I'm from Feb 09 thread. I was searching around for the Mattel sale address. Can someone please PM me the address and when is the sale ending please?? thanks!

Back