(2008/08) Aug 2008

rata,

oic. maybe i'll go for pap smear soon and ask gynae to scan also. must let him know in advance? oh, pap smear can only do with gynae is it? GP or polyclinic dun have rite?

m2b,

J loves to wail whenever i go into the bathroom. he wants to follow and is now tall enough to pull the door handle. at the rate he's growing, he'll have to pay transport fare soon :p

Krex, u let ur gynae know u wan a scan too. I not sure if GP can do it but if I am not wrong poly can. but poly will not be able to do scan. For me since my gynae did the 1st time for me after delivery & i dun felt any pain so i dun mind paying more to let him do la. If go for cheaper source then pain, in future dun dare to do how. hahahaha

How tall is J now?

<font color="0000ff">celyn</font>
that combi stroller i think it's not reversible handle.
combi strollers' wheels r abit flimsy. of coz won't fall out lah but when go on uneven roads/pavements, it'll be shaking alot and thus will be a bumpy ride for the baby.

catherine

just get the maclaren volo

the best best best

it is so light and has a shoulder strap

alternatively..just get the $29 umbrella stroller from toysrus...use already can throw....very light but dont row very well

mummynana: im using canon too
happy.gif
Pior to my purchase, i borrowed from my cousin her dslr..I find it pretty user friendly and decided to purchase it after a week!
happy.gif
At first hubby reluclant to buy a dslr, but now he is the first one to use after purchase! lol! Do becareful of the lens handling.. cos if camera once dropped finished liao.. :p

celyn: buy one stroller enough? YZ sleep in stroller while Yu xi in carrier?

M2M: i also havent go for pap smear this year.. opps..

nini,
1 stroller enough lah if not a lot to bring and carry leh. yu ze won't sleep long in stroller one. also got gai gai, he can power nap. yu xi just carry loh. but higher chance is yu xi sleeping in stroller.

celyn.. icic.. YZ very guai! can lah!
happy.gif
If with Braiden.. my gosh, he will walk everywhere as if his own house.. not scared one. *faint*

nini,
hahaha.... you think yu ze guai? he also walk everywhere loh. he will hold your hand but is to go where he wants and not where you want. if you go to a shop he don't want, then he will push your leg to make you turn and walk out.

celyn... haha.. definitely yu ze is more guai!! Braiden will hold ur hands where he wanna go n if you do not want, he will roll on the floor n cry!! omg.. haiz.. When i encounter this, i will jus walk away n he will chase after me n i give him a very stern warning. So u see lah, who more guai??? hahaha

morning mummies. =)

krex
my case same like rata's, and i has been going to the same gynae since #1 time.
so...its sort of yearly follow up thingy to me, never try other place so hard to comment.

m2b
better do lah, only once a yr nia mah.
that scan is optional, depend on u wanna see if u are ok inside anot lor. =P

are we going to scare those 1st time mummy?
ha ha...we are telling them mummy with 2 kids can't even go toilet in peace ya? >D

celyn
agree, 1 stroller very troublesome liao...ha ha...

celyn,

i'm using mac laren quest sport and i've liked it all this while. can recline but not fully. not too heavy and has pocket/ basket to put stuff.

rata,

J is 85 cm already, but hasn't put on any weight since his last PD check up. is 11.6kg healthy?

gynae:

any1 has a good one to recommend? i dun like my previous one at sengkang. btw, if i call to enquire, what do i ask? if they have scan for ovaries?

krex, not asking u how tall J is to see if healthy or not la keekee cannot tell fr height. coz u mention need to pay fare soon so i wonder how tall. I also ve same worry &amp; my PD alwis tell me let daddy carry her n board the transport or during entrance coz daddy taller so if carry will not b so obvious. If we mummies carry will be more obvious dat our kiddo hit 90cm liao
happy.gif

My gynae at clementi

Hi Mummies.

Cat,
Dun think can buy separately coz it is attached to the stroller. Think can consider Mulberry's suggestion. But personally, i find it very troublesome to have to put the whole stroller into the bag den must take everything out again when u wan to use.

Shint,
Just pics of Hb's remote control toys la. Notin interesting. Hb still wans to get the 2nd hand 3000D. Said just buy n try lor. He rich la. I no choice.

Celyn,
I m also considering bringing my Maclaren or buy thr Toysrus one for our Hkg trip. Best thing is we r leaving tml morning n I m still thinking... Hahahaha...

Re: PAP Smear
Heehee... I also have not gone for my PAP smear after the compulsory one after delivery. To my understanding, PAP smear is available in many GPs. But you gotta check if your GP has the service.

rata,

how tall is jac now?

celyn,

hb &amp; i are exploring a child carrier (like a backpack) for our upcoming holiday. stroller too troublesome to bring. i'm not too concerned coz' i'll plan J's naps around the long distance drives.

krex78,
hubby also thought of getting that to put yu xi inside. i feel stroller is better for them to nap instead. we are going tokyo in dec so i think its not easy to get yu ze to nap since can go gai gai. he will just power nap.

celyn,

if it's yu xi, use sarong sling lor. i'm not sure if J can nap in the napsack carrier but my hb seems so in love with it!

<font color="0000ff">Mummynana</font>
ur stroller is maclaren techno xt, right? i also used this stroller when we went to HKG earlier this yr. It's very good, jas can sleep comfortably in it and it's very good when strolling along those uneven roads/pavements. but minus point is it's heavy. sometimes we need to climb up/down stairs when exit mtr station. but still manageable.

hi mummies
oh wow...ur little ones will still take to stroller and slings? my gosh..very good...kaer's stroller has been collecting dust since she was about 18months...and her sling..since she was 9 months!..she simply refuse to sit in the stroller..so..she just walk on her own...or we have to carry her
sad.gif
...is the toysrus one a simple one for them to sit? i m not sure if she will like that one...cuz thinking of getting a light one...but scare that it will only collect dust..
sad.gif

krex78,
i cannot carry leh. buay tahan loh. even now, i can't carry her for long loh. tired leh. me lousy mummy.

yln,
stroller is for yu xi more lah. but yu ze will hiao hiao also want to sit loh.

celyn,

between carrying a baby and stroller, i'd rather carry the former
happy.gif
get hb to carry lor :p

kaer,

my strollers also collecting dust. it's only useful when we're out in the afternoon and it's J's nap time. regret buying the 2nd one earlier this yr for my japan trip. bought the quinny zapp which was very compact but can't recline. in the end only use once and we've hardly used it since coz' the maclaren is definitely better for him to sleep in.

Snow,
Will def find a day to go do pap smear...thanks!
Hahaha, hope we won't put some mommies off trying for #2. =P

Mommies, I agree Maclaren Quest is really a good stroller...imagine mine is almost 5yo liao and still functioning really well...it is the BEST stroller that we have...the rest all sold away liao!

krex78,
when only got 1, can get hubby to carry lah. even now, he is always carrying yu xi using a carrier when we go ntuc cos i really can't tahan the whole trip. hahah... but hoh, i still another yu ze to carry leh. though he might still be the lightest here but still 10kg loh. i can't be carrying this sack of rice around right (10-20% of the time he still wants to be carried so that he can yang oh).

Hi Mummies!
Just to share. For those who need Childlife Vitamin, GNC having promotion - buy 2, 30% off for members. Can mix vit c, multivitamin, etc.

Not sure if this is cheaper than spree. Original price is $55 at GNC, with offer is abt $39. But if u need urgently, this is good offer. If u not member, feel free to PM me (cos i seldom check forum) to get for you. I stay north area.
happy.gif

morning mummies

mulberry
i'm looking for a stroller with the shoulder carry to bring to hk cos my hb not going so need something light weight and easy. i've got the quest but without the strap it's clumbersome

krex
ya, bday mth.
normally i'll wait for taka 10% sale also, then can get additional 10% on top of that 35%. =P
if taka dun give additional 10% during oct this time, at least still have 35%....hee hee....

Hi Mummies,

Apologies but am searching for a Babysafe Mattress for baby.. Do pm me if you've any to let go, with the condition, dimensions, pictures etc.

Appreciate it lots and thanks! =)

mommies with kiddos in child care..
need some info here... any of them refuse to go to CC ? what shall I do ? When ur kids called out for you, do we answer or ignore it ? Will they got traumatic experience froom this ? Thanks a lot gals..

Ling,
Once u reach cc, unpack their milk bottles, milk then hand the kid over to the teacher. Say goodbye, I'll come to pick u later, then just turn n go. Dun look back. They'll initially cry, wail, do all stunts but soon they'll get the idea.
In a few days, they will still do it but the moment u are out of sight, they see no point doing it cos the best audience is not around anymore.

Sounds heartless but that how it will work with them. Think of it as it's for their own good, rather than crying for mama all the time.
Leave the teachers to handle, they're trained. Looking at them n staying behind makes it worst for them n the teachers to manage. Soon you'll be glad u did it that way, easier for the kid.

Weird but they seem to need to put on that automatic act to show how important we are, haha. Soon, they wun even wave goodbye to you.

Shint
N actually called out after sometimes not really the moment I left... She called out n cry when they r having outdoor session.. Clinging to the gate ... After that she become stickier as if I mite go missing like that, everything also has to b done by me.... So wonder don't she enjoy the company or program ? Or just wrong cc ? I put her for half day Nia...

Initial stage ba. Kai was very ok before he went cc then the initial week, he wants me to carry, etc. Very sticky to me. Then after some time he got used to it. He took longer than quan. He will cry every day when I leave but once I disappear he stops.

Cc. Give them a little time to get to know N and vice versa.

And how come she calls out to u? She saw you?
U can hide here hide there to observe but dun let her see you. But also not advisable cos sometimes they can sense u, maybe smell u.
Once they know mommy is near then they get unstable.

morning mummies

shint,
i didn't even know that i have to unpack their bag leh. whenever i send him during school holidays where there is no morning bus, i also never do that. i just leave his bag with the aunty or teacher who was there loh.

lingling,
you must be very good at hiding in order for them not to see you. so best way is don't go see though its hard initially. just drop her and say bye bye. don't stay round and soon she will be fine.

Back