(2008/08) Aug 2008

Hi mommies,
I have order the food from Liangfood catering since there is one mommy requested halal food.
I chose package A the cheapest one and this promotion price is till 14 Dec 08 so lucky our gathering is on the last day of their promotion. hehe. I ordered for 30pax but there is still a charge of $18 for transport unless is 45 pax then got free delivery.
So the total cost will be $303 nett.

hashisan,
So will u be able to join in the gathering? when u can confirm huh?

Mommies,
I ordered the food for 30 pax, do you all think I shall order more like 35 pax cause now we got about 40 person leh. Scare later the food not enough??

X'mas Babies bash'08

Venue: Boon Tiong Road (near Tiong Bahru Plaza/MRT)
Date: 14 Dec 08
Time: 1.30pm

Event include
- Temperature measuring, maybe check for HFMD (to be safe for the babies hee!)
- Name tag will be given to the babies and Parent (Can provide the name just like what I did for mine below. So I can prepare the tag. Thanks!)
- Catering : Liangfood http://www.liangfood.com.sg/buffet_promote.htm
- mingling
- Phototaking of the babies
- X'mas Gift exchange for the toddler and babies (budget = $15 or more as you wish. Gift: Unisex)
- Gift opening

1) msapple (E-Ling) + 2 yr old toddler (Amabel) + 1 baby (Aisleyne) + 1 helper
- confirmed
cater: 2 pax

2) celynlee (celyn) + 1 baby (yu ze)
- confirmed *address and contact sent*
cater: 1 pax

3) vone (yvonne) + 1 toddler (daryl) + 1 baby (dawn)

4) M2B (Lillian) + 1 toddler (Lorraine) + 1 baby (Maegan)

5) aurora (lisiah) + 1 baby (Reagan)

6) missysz (sereen) + 1 baby (Jonas) + Maid (not cater)

7) Roiv (Ivey) + Hubby (Rony) + 1 toddler (Xavier) + 1 baby (Allivier)

8) snow74 (may) + hubby (bw) + 1 toddler (Nynn) + 1 baby (Zynn)

9) whatodo (Samantha) + Mom + 1 baby (Yu Min)

10) Shint + 1 toddler (Quan) + 1 baby (Kai) + 1 helper

11) Fitbaby (Lina) + 1 Mom + 1 baby (Trudy)

12) Happy mummy (Katherine) + hubby (faroek) + 1 baby (Adel)

13) vern (Laverne) + 1 baby (Izzy)

14) krex78 (karen) + hubby + 1 baby (Jonah) + 1 helper (not cater)

15) catherine + baby (bernice)

16) cocomo + hubby + 1 toddler (Jayden) + 1 baby (Shervalle)

17) april + 1 baby (Denzel)

18) megan + hubby + 4yr old toddler (megan) + 1 baby(titus)

19) hashisan + hubby + 3yr old toddler(ryoutaro) + 1 baby (misaki) + helper
- not confirmed
cater: 3 pax

20) Shay + 1 toddler + 1 baby (Ashton) + 1 helper
- confirmed

21) Nini (Winnie) + 1 baby (Braiden)

22) dongle (connie) + 1 baby (cayla)

23) happie (stephanie) + 1 baby (chiemi)

24) YLN (Pam) + 1 baby (Kaer)

25) Mom_of_2js (Valeries) + hubby + 5 yr old toddler (Jarad) + 1 baby + helper
cater: 3 pax

total - 40 adults, 10 toddlers & 24 babies

April, i have sent u my address and contact.
Once the attendence have been finalise I will email you all the payment detail.

Shay, need to cater for ur helper also??

Megan and shay,
Ya the toddler is involve in the gift exchange with the other toddler too. For you got to buy two gift instead

Shay,
Can send me your email for my address and contact

Calling M2B and cocomo,
Can send me your email for my address and contact

<font color="aa00aa">Mummies,
I'm wondering if the bee is deformed by default or a defect? The caption shown on the box is a straight-standing bee. If it's a defect which is found in these few batches, then I find that the price is too steep to pay for a defect. $59 for a deformed bee. Moreover, the jumperoo is a big ticket item and also the costliest there. Will make arrangements with HB this week, he'll be driving down for the third time. I'll request for an exchange, if the same defect is still found, I'll probably ask for a refund.

Yuuri,
Play gyms very slow moving there. I still see the same play gyms today as I saw the other time. Hardly see mummies there buying too.</font>

Just read the reviews..seems like its a good buy! hehe..then i shall go n grab it tomorrow since my hubby is on leave. Yay!
happy.gif

Anyone bring baby there also? I got no choice leh..nobody to help me take care for a moment also..
sad.gif

Smurfette: i saw from the website it should be a straight standing bee.... Probably its defect thus they're selling so cheap?? possible? How much did u paid for the jumperoo?

msapple,
think u should let the mummies know if its good idea on bringing pram/stroller to your place.

Cos that day I asked msapple and she said if bring then prob have to leave at the corridor. So think just let the mummies know abt it
happy.gif
sorry if I kapo. Heehee.

krex
I think for the 4 panel playyard, the playmat wld be too big. Fr what i read, most who buy the playmat wld get the 6 panel type. But it seems Haenim doesn't have 6 panel, so the mummies wld find some other mummy to share a 4 panel to get 6

shint
$600!! Wow.. I think only twin stars is the closest match

hi,

havent been coming here for a long time.

Had a stressful period ....

anyway for Mattel sales, walker is either near Cashier or right end of tent.

I got a activity walker.

<font color="aa00aa">Mummies,
I did a comparison of the Hop n' Pop versus the Rainforest Jumperoo based on my experience and observation. Hope it is of help to mummies who are deciding on which to get.

Fisher Price Hop n’ Pop
- Costs S$80 (at Mattel Sale).
- Can accommodate baby’s weight up to 11.3kg.
- Requires 3 “C” batteries.
- Seat adjustable to 3 different heights.
- Attached floor pad.
- Seat is fixed, unable to rotate 360 degrees.
- The gadget for the exersaucer to pop is located in front. Baby has to exert a lot of effort and strength in order for the exersaucer to function.
- Volume control enabled.
- Seat padding machine washable.
- Portable from room to room.

Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo
- Costs S$180 (at Mattel sale).
- Can accommodate baby’s weight up to 11.3kg.
- Requires 3 “AA” batteries.
- Seat adjustable to 3 different heights.
- No floor pad.
- 360 degrees rotating seat.
- High sensitivity, baby bounces and jumps easily.
- Volume control enabled.
- Seat padding machine washable.
- Portable from room to room.

Both items are more of entertainment value, and not educational value.</font>

Slyvia: oic! thanks!
happy.gif

Smurfette: i tink could be the bee is defected cos the sept mommies thread the pic oso the show the bee defected..

<font color="aa00aa">Nini,
I bought my jumperoo at $180, so far haven't heard or encountered any price discrepancies regarding jumperoos. $59 is too high a price for a defect like that, IMO.</font>

hee...today i'm the 3am mommy. wake up to pump just now coz last pump was abt 9pm. my last pump time is usually 12/1am. but fell asleep earlier :p

wah so many of u all went for the Mattel sale. envy envy. my hubby don't wanna go leh.

<font color="0000ff">twin stars</font>
wow u bought a lot ya. Georgine is a lucky gal!
happy.gif

eh i also have same question as ReiRei, how u transport them back har?

<font color="0000ff">ReiRei</font>
nvm lah that u bot the least. at least got buy the jumperoo. It looks very fun. think Char will enjoy it ;)

<font color="0000ff">Shint</font>
me here wanna go to the Mattel sale!
where u staying ar? i'm in SK. if nearby, can i join u? ;)

hisstory, u are right. hb went to measure and said it would stick out. he opted 4 the jigsaw type and if really doesn't work out, will get the playmat. dun think we can extend...house very cramped already.

Hi mummies,

Anyone has the website or info on personalized baby clothes, towels etc? I saw a little girl wearing a romper that has her name on it... So cute!!

morning mummies.

aurora,
i ask the staff there. they say no more walker liao. i'm looking for the laugh and learn activity table that got a stering wheel in the middle of table. there are lots of brilliant basic activity table but i don't want that. fp high chair only $80 meh? i ask they told me $180 leh.

shint,
wow. that's really a lot.

yuuri,
i got a play gym that can be play in 3 ways at $70. its called a 3 in 1 rockin gym. i can't find any pic of it on the net now.

Celyn,
I know I know! Can change into a rocking horse one right? HOw much is it? Do you remember if they have the rainforest gym there?

yuuri

the rainforest gym is suppose to come this week but price about 90-100. i saw one yday but mobile spoilt, i told them if 30bucks i dun mind mobile spoilt..hahaa of course they thought i was crazy... :p

yday i went down..saw the cot mobile..rainforest..$50..shint but i din hv ur no. with me if not can help u buy first if u want...

think must try to go on last day hehee which is our christmas gathering day...all prices will be slashed!

yday..i went to furla sale also..last day...think they put additional 10% so the bag i bought was originally 50;then60% off then yday 70%
happy.gif

but the kate spade bag i wanted online..no more liao
sad.gif

Hanshisha,
Misaki is so cute! She is v v chubby!

Cat,
Bernice is going to be a shopaholic like you. hehe. is her eye better? sayang bernice

History,
I got the kick piano too! Managed to get one in mint condition. So happy! Went to taka with msapple and its retailing at around $80 after discount! Yay!

Shint,
My boy also likes to sigh! Like heave a sigh of relief like that…aiyo, I don’t like leh.

Yah. My house living room is abit too small so may not have space to put many pram so if reallly need to bring perhap had to leave it at the corridor anyway the buffet will also be set up at the corridor.
Apologies for the small space at my place, I also didnt expect the response to be so good that we got 24 babies. hee

Good Morning Mommies!
Saw the great harvest from all mommies so envy...my hb refused to go over the long weekend although it is so near our place...hiaz

Catherine,
Is Bernice's eye ok? My #1 kena before too and it takes a few days to go down.

Msapple,
I will PM you lata. I need to brind stroller too as we will be going ourselves as hb is working this Sun.

m2b, no need to envy. i also didn't go coz i know my hb hates crowded places. plus i have to take my bb along when i go out. for me, transport cost outweigh savings from pch. what's more, may not be able 2 get the stuff i want.

morning mummies,

sayang sayang bernice hope she is better

mattel sale,
tot the sale is till 9DEc, can someone confirm coz after hearing so many mummies buy so many toys for their bbs, me also wan go cheong for mine hehehe thanks

M2B &amp; krex78,
Haha, same here for me. Wanna check out all the great deals too but DH rather pay the 'premium' than travel all the way and squeeze with crowd. He'd probably nag me to death before we reach.
happy.gif

Hi,
I have a 7kg baby at 3mths old. I am also interested in the Jumperoo, however it stated in the box that the maximum weight is 11.3kg.
I need to check with those mummies who bought the jumperoo, how heavy is your baby?
Any babies out there that are more than 11.3kg try the jumperoo before. Kindly advise. Thanks

Shint,
Your kid so cute.... "Special Milk"? You must tell him "special milk" good for him... Or Im not too sure if you can put breast milk with cereal for him. read somewhere it can be done.

Shint/Murberry,
Wah, very tempted to go to the mattel sale leh.
U all gg on thurs? am or pm?

hi ladies,
hopefully those who went for the kindermusik class can enjoy themself. =)
so envy, can bring bb to class on weekday.

catherine
hope bernice get well soon.

msapple
think maybe increase the order for nos of pax to 35pax better ya?
cos the confirmed peoples already that nos liao lor. =P

mulberry, me going from Yio Chu Kang ..
u going from? me no drive so gotta take cab.
we can share cab home to SK but depends on how much we buy ... cos scarly cannot go into cab.

Jumperoo. Me thinking twice about the jumperoo cos KAI so big ... now 7.5kg .... soon be 11.3kg liao ... $180 eh .... for short time happiness - oso dunno he happy in it not ... ahhaa.
I told hubby wrong price - $80 ... he oredi say exp.

Maybe go buy other $80 toys ... hehe.

Mulberry,
i pm u my mobile then we arrange to meet la.

Cindy,
me plan to go on Thu afternoon cos morning i cannot.

i told a fren about the sale and she said to save money .... but i still vv GIAN to go ... jialat ... must go secretly.

shint,
although i have gone 2 times liao but i still feel like going. hahahah.... but hubby sure say i siao and refuse to go.

Hi Mummies

so many posts to catch up! Hahaha...OMG

Have anyone here bot those teething toy for u bb to chew/bite on liao? Falisha has been trying to put anything she can get hold of into her mouth man...but her sucking of hands lesser now. Am thinking of buying a couple of teething toys for her. At least those are 'mouth-frenly' toys mah. Anyone?

shint / celyn,

If I'm not wrong, like what Shirley says, the Mattel sale is only til 9 Dec. So which means the sale won't be there on Thurs when u go.

Any mummy can verify?

Oh yes yes, talking abt cereal, anyone started giving ur bb cereal in powder form liao? Have tried once last nite giving Falisha. She seems fine with it. But duno how many times to give her a day though. Heard from duno who should start with once a day with her milk 1st, 1 teaspoon each time. Any advice/comments? Got a few sample packets from Nestle.

Re: Kindermusic trial
Reporting after the trial class, I feel the lessons are suited more when they are older. Cos I think most of the babies hv short attention span.

Overall is fun but mb more suited for older babies.

Hi Mummies,

Went to mattel sales, didnt buy anything. Some of the toys are not in very good condition and its very dusty there. Apologies for the late sharing as my boy is running a fever after his 2nd booster vaccine.

An advice: is to take the toy out from the box and check it, there is a hardware shop near the security post that sells battery, buy one and test it there - to save extra trips for returning of defect items.

Toys with boxes and toys with plastic wraps are priced differently though they are the same toys.

The previous sales, i bought the rainforest cot mobile, a few things was missing, when i checked it in the car - thats why i know there is a hardware shop there.

Hope my sharing helps.

hi all,
brought bernice to the pd. He say eye infection on the lid. Gave me 5 days antibiotics and eyedrops. Said its actually common for babies cos they tend to rub their eyes notknowingly. But very heartpain cos red and swollen. And one eye big one eye small. And she struggle alot with the medicine. I see her expression so pitiful when take the medicine until I wana cry. And have to feed 3x a week somemore
sad.gif

Nini,
ya I latch her on. Outside too

Huichin,
I bought 1 teether for her. But I quite particular abt teethers made in china. Esp if got liquid inside. I found 1 pigeon green color ring one that is made in japan. I feel safer cos put in mouth. Abit kiasu la me.

Hi Catherine,

Hope Bernice recovers soon. It's hard to feed them medicine this young age. I know as my son was sick twice before he turns 4 months old. Take care!!

msapple,
thanks for organising...ok noted that i need to get 2 gifts. ya, pls cater the food for my helper as well.

Below details you needed:
Mummy's name:Shila
2 yr old son: Ayden
Email addy: [email protected]

looking forward to the gathering
happy.gif

Hi Catherine,

Hope Bernice gets well soon! ya I knw the feeling, v heartpain when u see them not feeling v well that u wish u were the one feeling it ya?

Too bad u missed out the Kindermusic trial but I guess u can go for it another time.

Sabbath,
Really that bad ah? Must test all the toys?

RE: Hop and Pop
hmmm... Anybody got the hop and pop that is so much raved about? That one need to test?
Asking a friend who's going there to help me rackey abit.

Hi Val,

Just my experience, maybe some mummies get better experience.

Best to check as the distance is quite a hassle if you are not living near there

hi mummies,

seems like lotsa u enjoyed e mattel sale
happy.gif
i'm tinkg of dropping by tmr to take a look...

my girl will be 4 mths soon and she nw wan ppl to sit her up &amp; stand... neck's quite firm alr... do u tink e jumperoo will be suitable for her?

any other recommended buys?
happy.gif

Back