(2008/08) Aug 2008

Catherine: Bernice is really kawaii!
happy.gif
I saw her video on having injection...aiyoh she cried until like that, i see already also heartpain...

<font color="aa00aa">Ruixuan,
Thanks for the link.

Yuuri,
I read the September thread before I went down. Was contemplating buying it after reading so many rave reviews. When I reached there, I couldn't find the Hop n' Pop. I asked two different staffs to find the item for me but both told me OOS and will not have stock replenishment. Hubby told me to try the warehouse opposite the tent cuz he saw my girl's rocker there, which wasn't up for sale in the tent. Approached an Indian uncle and told him what I wanted. I can only remember the item has the "Pop" word. So kept emphasizing the "Pop" word and telling the uncle what I wanted. Aiya, like chicken and duck talking lah cuz the uncle don't know English. He went to approach a Chinese guy who told him what I wanted and he also said OOS. But the uncle insisted there's stock, so he went to the other warehouse to find.

Waited for quite some time, in the end the uncle brought out four sets. Two sets in plastic, already assembled. The other two sets in the boxes. The boxes already opened before and resealed again. So I took the nicest set (in plastic) out of the four. $80 for that. I asked whether can exchange if any problems, the Chinese guy said okie. Just now I browsed through the September thread again and realized some mummies bought at $40 and $60 (in plastic) today. Don't understand why the discrepancy in prices. Half-hearted now, part of me wants to get the jumperoo cuz it can rotate 360 degrees and it's easier to jump. Other half of me feels like going back to them and ask about the discrepancy but then it's ridiculously far and I might not get a refund in the price difference.</font>

hi all,

i went to the mattel sale today. seems like so many of u were there. mayb i bumped into u guys n not even know it
happy.gif

hisstory,
i thot i saw bb ashley there n yr hubby carrying her but i can;t find u so i could have seen wrong bb, hee

my total damage: $500plus
bot:
jumperoo
some partytime gym tat can transform to chair
a giraffle toy train with animals on it tat will move
the shapes tortoise
shape stacker
bouncer chair tat can sit till 3yrs old n become a play chair.....i have a pink bouncer tat is almost in sleeping position as my girl is too heavy ,hehe
potty chair
booser chair with tray tat looks like bumbo chair but it is portable so can bring to in laws hse when i'm there 4 dinner so no need high chair there

games for x'mas as gatherings will b at my place:
uno table
pictionary
travel scrabble

thinking of going back to get toys for my nephews cos alot of birthday parties coming up....gosh.....i must say it;s like a battle there but not as scary as i thot. alot of mummies were helping one another whom they do not know.
(i was telling hubby who stood at the cashier waiting 4 me to stack things to him....... mummies seem to give each other the " i understand look" when they grab toys 4 their kids. i help 1 mummy pick up a dropped toy n another mummy helped me to push the toy to me as she sees me trying to reach it ) it's comical but ......sigh, all 4 the sake of our babies!

when is the last day?
maybe they will sell even cheaper........mmmmmm

smurfette,
i got the ring stack at $8 lei
how come they charge u diff price?

Mattel sale,
Do they sell the bumbo seat?

Sounds like i am gonna burn a hole if i get there. I am not there yet .. hehe.
Seems that there are alot of price discrepancy cos i browse through the other months thread ... and some got parts missing, etc.

So .. for the jumperoo and exersaucer ... which is more recommended ah? Both same price?

Lansinoh milk bags - anyone has spare to sell ah?
Me left only 1/2 packet ... better to get 1 standby. Gonna order from spree but might take a while.

u know ah ... the way we shop .. really dun look like economic downturn. Only the hubbies get "depression". hehehe.

Sleeping thru ...
KAI seems to be sleeping thru this week. He can sleep from 730pm-6am ..... last nite was from 9+ till now ... hiak hiak hiak.
But my milk still have to pump every 4-6 hourly .... i wake up more than him!

Wonder if it's time to increase his milk ... cos fridge no space liao .. dun wan to keep too much oso.

How often do u all increase the milk intake?

Smurfette,
I think those $40 Hop n Pop table is display set so may be abit scruffy. Check if yours have any missing parts, or better still...make something missing and go back for an exchange! hahaha

Krex78,
I'm very kiasu, I bought both types of mat to put in different parts of the house. The bumper mat is quite firm yet soft and smooth. The colour is very vibrant. Also it's supposed to be baby-safe.

The jigsaw mat got a v strong rubber smell (maybe cos I just opened it only). I haven't put baby on it yet cos the smell is so strong, so I can't really comment on anything else.

Bumbo chair.

Twinstar,
you bought one like Bumbo chair rite? how much ah? also, u think how big the baby can sit until? cos our babies on the bigger side, dun wan so fast their thighs get too fat to fit in.
Last time, some mommies said their baby too big so quickly they cannot sit liao.

shint, bumbo seat on sale at bb kingdom and hyperstore. think $60+...not a very big discount. my boy is on the small side, so looks rather tiny in it, plus his neck still swinging and swaying to one side. sometimes he prefers to bend down to lick the middle pc!

yuuri, where u buy yr jigsaw one from and how much? i find it more flexible but worried abt the safety portion also, esp if made in china. i bought a bb play room yest, w/c is made of plastic and can create a fence in a rectangular shape.

http://www.haenim.co.kr/haenim_english/product3.htm

this pdt has some stoppers beneath to ensure tt the fence stays in place, so my playmat must be able to stay inside the fence 4 the stoppers to work. so jigsaw may be better. and i read it's better not to put anything heavy on bumper mat else might spoil. very heart pain if such an ex pdt spoils so fast!

Hi mummies,
I'm new to this forum &amp; thread... Would like to add me details in the table I saw earlier...
happy.gif

BB name: Riann DOB: 190808

Talking abt e bumbo... I let my girl try the one that my niece has... She has a prob wz her thighs! Kana stuck there while trying to sit inside. So I tink dat's only suitable for e petite bb.. My niece juz turned 1 last nite &amp; she can still fit in the bumbo cos of her built :p

My hubby v funny...told him I wanna go Mattel sale again and he said let's bring our own stickers! Cos the items are colour coded for pricing...

shint
i have a packet of unopened milk bag..u want ?
now im not really storing FBM liao..cuz too much ler...i had to throw 5 packets of Aug FBM away..so sayang..u going to xmas party rite? i pass to u?

YLN,
ok, thanks.

U not storing milk, then the current expressed ones how ah? u throw away ah?
Me not so much but only these 2 weeks i managed to store some new ones but not clearing the old ones oso.

me looking at my calender then see which day I can take leave. This coming week i have something on everyday day leh.

If I take 1/2 day and reach there say, 2pm -- too late to go? all good stuff gone liao is it?

shint
i have too many packets of FBM ler..think 30 plus packets..now bb only drinking my EBM which i keep in the fridge..n at one go..can feed 5-6 times..so ..no need to use the FBM lor..so i thinking of not freezing BM liao...anyway..i still have about 20 plus unused milkbags..and the new box..so too many liao..i pass the milkbags to u at the xmas party..
happy.gif

YLN,
same here. I have about 30 packets of FBM and normally KAI gets enough from my daily expressing .. but this week dunno why i have suddenly more milk - so gotta start storing. I find expressing too much so tiring.

So i am thinking what to do with it if really still get extra ....increase the boy's feed? hehehe. He's drinking now about 140ml per feed but sometimes i give up to 160ml.

YLN, y throw away so wateful. me too got many fbm in my freezer oldest pack is 31 aug those b4 dat i cleared by giving my gal milk bath. will continue to do so. my gal dun like frozen bm so i give her fresh de. juz freeze for in case.

Rata,
So how u give the milk bath? u defrost the milk then put to room temperature first ya?
How much u using for each milk bath? is one packet of 180ml enough?

Using it for facial.
Those using it for facial, after u defrost it from the freezer, how long can u use ah?
If put in the fridge compartment, how long then cannot use liao?
I tried using one which i left in the fridge compartment for a few days .. like got smell oredi .... maybe CHAO SNG liao. eekkks!

Just used one to wash my feet. sounds so ridiculous my hubby says "Siao".

Shint: i also lazy to do the milk soak/facial etc. haha.. I just throw lor, no choice... 'jiu de bu qu, xin de bu lai'.. hahaha :p

littletwinstars: U bought leg warmer for ur gal b4 right? Is it v hot? suitable for use in aircon room?

Nini,
The fresh one ok cos it has no smell. So i normally take the little bit left in the bottle and then use a cotton wool to use it on my face.
For those in the fridge, after a few days, i think it's CHAO SNG liao, got smell. I use it for facial oso feel gross. Afterall facial also dun need so much.

shint,
i prefer the FP feeding chair cos unlike the bumbo chair that has this center piece in between the thigh that squeeze their "meat" so this chair works well for big babies
happy.gif
i also tot the cloth chair seems gd too but no tray so i'm happy with the FP chair.

nini,
the leggings is ok except the both ends r same size, the angle is loose n the thigh is tight lei
sad.gif

cat,
have PM u.
happy.gif

shint,
i am selling 2 boxes of lanisoh milkbags. let me know if u are interested to get from me. can pass to u at the gathering too.

valeries,
welcome to this thread. hee..i am one of msapple's shopping buddy too. I got a bag of your #1 clothing from you thr msapple. thanks a lot and see you at the gathering.
happy.gif

seems like most mummies are giving fresh ebm to babies and not fbm. maybe i should not freeze my ebm on weekends and give them to yu ze. at least he get 2 days of fresh bm.

$60 for baby esintein dvd is it worth it?

Hi Mummies !

Looking at the stuff you gals bought at the Mattel sale makes me look like I am depriving Adel ! Gosh... =D But i agree with you , shop shop shop till we drop should be our motto !

Cat,
What are the GAP outlets ? Recently starting to want to buy Adel nice clothes cause he very poor thing, only wear hand me downs...

Shint,
Good hor, Kai can sleep so long... Wonder when Adel will sleep so long too. still wake up at night to feed. But i was teling you about his heat rash, went to see doc already. in the end doc said was eczema and gave oral medication. Face cleared overnight ! If I had known, would have brought to see the doc earlier, then can spare all of us the agony !

Anyone still going Mattel sale ??! Would like to go too if have time tomorrow (Monday). Could someone post the add again please ? Thanks !

Gee..looks like i'm the one wif the least harvest from the mattel sale!
sad.gif
i oni bot 1 jumperoo..

went down today at abt 3pm+..quite hot..not much crowd..but couldn't find those small toys dat u gals bot..
most of the toys i saw are quite dusty or dirty..
but oh, the FP bike and activity tables look v new and v tempting leh..the tables are oni $35!!
too bad my car boot not enuff space after putting the jumperoo and stroller..
sad.gif

Oso saw the FP piano dat mulberry has..selling oni $40 but all the sets are quite dirty.
dun tink i wanna waste energy cleaning it, so gave it a miss..haiz..

Twin Stars
How did u manage to bring all those big boxes home? u drove a van there?

Catherine: Bernice is sooo cute. seems that she really understands the word shopping ah? hahaha.
$11 per pc for gap is a good buy ..
happy.gif

Shint: I remember asking my PD, the frozen EBM still has some antibodies left, not as much as the fresh one has. But it is still superior to formula.
keeping fresh EBM outside at room temperature >4 hrs is not recommended. actually 2hrs is the most for me. (read at somewhere).
keeping it at the fridge and warm it up is still better than putting it outside for too long.
For me when I go out, I'll put the chilled EBM in my pigeon cooler together with an ice pack. I'll bring a small thermos flask (500ml size ) filled with hot water too.
If I'm going to restaurant I'll just ask for some hot water.

Krex: from my personal experience, the one pc floor matt is better than the jigsaw type.
I bought both jigsaw type and the small2 world one. But end up keep the jigsaw type in the store room.the problem with it was: when your baby pee/ urine leak/ any spillage from food u need to clean, you have to take out the jigsaw pc one by one, while the one pc matt you just need to wipe it off . easier and more hygienic.

celynlee: is it $60 for the whole set? if it is than its a good buy. my son (3yo) still loves it. he started watching since he was 6 months old

<font color="aa00aa">pop by suntec baby gap but only 30% off selected items and additional 10% for uob card member. cat, u really got a gd deal.

shint,
lucky you. ss came so fast for u.</font>

hashisan,
yah it the full set and the latest version with 26 dvds. hubby don't want me to buy so i must make sure its really worth the $$. heheh....

its isetan scotts...they have sale for gap baby and toddler stuff...basic 50% + 10/20% if you buy more
happy.gif

think I will make 1 more trip to Lok Yang tmr..
happy.gif
and also furla warehouse sale...

megan,
one mummy is selling off her extra set. sorry, i reserved the set liao.

is mattel open tomorrow? i'm thinking of going to get a walker. forget to see it last round.

celynlee: I think last time I bought mine around $80, that time I thought it was cheap.(got it from ebay). yours even cheaper hahaha.. somemore mine only 23discs. its worth it , but provided bb likes it
happy.gif

hashisan,
hehe.... yah loh. really worried that i spend so much then baby don't like it. their things are so ex. must think and think before buying.

celynlee: yeah me too.. sometimes before buying the baby stuffs I think too much at the end never buy hahaaha..but then sometimes I make an excuse like I wanna close shop already so this is my last chance to shop for a baby
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

So busy no time to catch up w the posts over this weekend. See too many posts til blur, just glance thru.

Seems most mummies here got pretty gd deals from the Mattel sale. Not sure if I want to go all the way there to find nothing much, since some of you commented that not many toys left. Sighh...

Looks like everybody's in the sales shopping mood!
happy.gif

Think I got not much excuse to buy anymore clothes liao. MIL just passed hb another bag of new clothes that she bought for Chevelle. Headache liao, duno if got enough space to put in.

Saw some interesting videos that some mummies put up! hee

Catch up w posts tmrw! So bushed out from all the work the past 3 days.

See all the other mummies at the Kindermusic trial class!
happy.gif

krmeow
It's like tt one.. The side with bleb wld have low ss.. *jia you*

twin stars
heheh, so qiao, got bb look like Ashley! I prob will go down on Tue, so if u're going, u might see me *heheh*

Tt's a huge loot u got.. I think at $500+ u got gd deals coz a lot are big tix item wor.

Agree on the mummy mentality.. Help each other &amp; share where to find the items
happy.gif
How did ur hb feel abt the whole experience?

krex
Seems like the bumper playmat is quite long lasting, whereas some of the jigsaw type (depending on the quality &amp; material) may come off if bb bites..

Oooh, u bot the playyard ah? Tt's a gd buy.. Many mummies I know buy the 6 panel playyard &amp; put the bumper mat in it

ReiRei
I think my hb was early, he managed to get a piece of the kick piano tt was quite clean &amp; gd condition
U going again? It will last till 14 Dec..

jocelyn
I dunno if the Gap bb sale is at all outlets.. I was at Isetan Scotts &amp; the sale was the same as Cat's: 50% + 10% (if more than 3 pieces)/ 20% (if more than 5 pieces)

Got some pretty gd pieces for my ger, niece &amp; nephew.. heheh

shint, yup i defrost the day b4 at the fridge then i add it into her bathing water? mine each pavket varies 180-250ml

Just a quick reply...
M2B,
Noted your order. I'm waiting for my BP thread to be set up then let you guys know.

As far as I've researched the 2 portable highchairs are very similar in design, but the one I'm getting has extra 'harness' for the shoulders, which I think is safer since our babies are still quite small/unstable. Also the price is almost half :p

krex,
You still want to buy the jigsaw alphabets playmat? I just saw at Giant, only $13!!!! Looks almost identical to the one I got from BP at nearly $18!!!!

hashisan,

seems like ur girl really enjoyed her swim. was e swim done at hm? where did u get e float fm? tinkg of getting 1 for my girl
happy.gif

Snow,
Thanks. Had to pick up and run cos cab waiting.
Now must read the instruction menu.

For those who started using the WARMER, anything to look out for ah?

Just pour in hot and cold water till the temperature is correct then put in the milk is it? or put in milk first then pour in the cold/hot water?
Any sequence for the water? Cold first then hot?

Back