(2008/08) Aug 2008

smurfette
ah, hb was looking for the Hop n Pop, but cldn't find. We went again today, only left with the Jumperoos.. Very hesitant to spend $180 esp with it being rather bulky to store in future..

celyn
Tt 3in1 gym is a gd buy!! The piano is detachable & portable yah?
Hb didn't really pay attn to it tt day, so only got the kick piano.. Your item's just a tad more exp & can have a rocking horse too

missysz
Have u let your boy try? I let Ashley try over the weekend, she kind of enjoys it
happy.gif
*heheh* Or maybe I enjoy seeing her play with it more..

krex
Jigsaw playmat also has its advantages.. They are quite cheap, so if it's badly damaged or dirtied, no so sim tia to get a new piece ;)

cat,
dun worry bernice will recover soon.

snow,
dunno if i missed out ur post.....just wanna ask how's ur interview. saw ur latest post that u r unable to chiong the mattel sale so i guessed u must be working now.

mousse, same here. i'm eyeing the activity table but seems tt it's sold out already when i went 2 robinsons, where it's selling 4 $69.90. maybe i'll just wait 4 it to go on sale next time, since it'll be another 2 mths b4 my bb can play with it.

hisstory, haha true. i dun trust the cheap ones though, esp if made in china! kiddy palace one not cheap also...ard $69. think i go toys r us to take a look.

catherine,
don't worry, bernice will recover soon. i know its hard to feed them at this age. i'm feeding yu ze his antibiotic every day. he still need to be on it for till march. every night i got to hold him and hubby feed. he will cry and struggle every time. so after each feed, i will carry him to sayang him. also don't know if its the antibiotic to had cause him to have phelgm. the antibiotic is orange in flavour.

hisstory,
yah, its portable. i got it cos it can be a rockin horse when he gets older. cos i don't think he will enjoy the play gym for long. ehehe...

krex
heheh, know what you mean man.. Gosh, tt reminds me, I didn't check if mine is MIC. Hope you can find sthg tt wld fit ur playyard
happy.gif

Catherine, oh u got the Pigeon one ah. Heh. Ok i go see! Hehe...

BTW i got this from a website:

There is no right age when your baby should be weaned. However, you can tell when your baby is ready for weaning when he:
• Shows signs of hunger before his usual feed time
• Dribbles and puts things in his mouth
• Can sit up with support
• Shows an interest in your food

Falisha fits all the description leh! SO can start liao la hor..hahaa

huichin
im feeding kaer with one feeding of rice cereal everyday liao...what i do is the first few days..only give her a few small mouthful to try.(n resume milk).then on day 6 onwards i give 4 teaspoonful of cereal with about 30ml of BM into the cereal...after that i still give my bb BM..about 80ml...have been doing that for about 3-4 days ler..i will slowly give her lesser milk with that cereal feeding..and increase on the cereal feeding..(maybe 5 teasppon of cereal with 40ml of BM into the cereal)..until she dun take milk after the cereal feeding..i dunno if im feeding her too much..but she seems ok..n she actually finished all the cereal...+ BM!..but i will slowly try to wean her off the milk for that feeding soon..cuz i think cereal+BM feeding like quite a lot like dat..:p

(i feed her BM after that too cuz she crys for more cereal..even when she finish everything in the bowl..falisha might be different lor..i dunno..)

oh whoa...YLN, so when u give kaer the rice cereal with da 30ml of BM, izzit like diluted porridge texture? U feed via bowl and spoon? Not from the bottle? My mum n aunt told me to put in her milk and use the 'crossed' tip teat to feed her siah.

huichin & yln,
actually i didn't notice if yu ze show interest in our food till sat after i let him lick a chicken drumstick. cos people say at 4 months can start solid liao mah or at least must eat drumstick. since i'm not starting him solid so soon, i just do a little ceremony of letting him lick loh. then now he seems to want to eat our food too but i don't give. so will try not to eat in front of him so i won't tempt him. ahaha...

hisstory,
yah. but he still don't know how to play with the play gym yet. he kick on the hanging toy instead of using his hand. :p

Celyn, i discovered it might be time for Falisha to start cos when once we were outside eating with a whole table full of food she kept staring at them. I tot it's a coincidence. Then yesterday Hari Raya Haji we were serving food to our guests(relatives) at home she oso did the same thing! LOL. Then my Aunt said she gave her younger son who's almost 3 wks younger then Falisha eat whip potato from KFC but must request for plain one(no sauce) and he actually finished it! LOL..i was like whoa...i guess it's time?

huichin
when we use BM..first the texture will be a bit rough..then after 2 mins or so..it will become runny and watery..so u shldn't add too much BM..cuz intially i thot too thick texture liao..so i add more BM..then after 2 min..become like milk liao..kaer dun like..n dun want to eat..she prefers got texture to chew like dat..so i add only abt 30ml of BM..by the time the cereal becomes a bit runny..she finish the cereal liao..heehee.she quite fast one...very kan chiong to eat..mouth will open big big and strain her neck forward to eat...so the cereal got not much chance to become watery..
i use a soft spoon and bowl lor..the spoon tip is like rubber rubber like dat..cuz then it wont hurt their gums and tongue..i read from many website n they said not to feed cereal via bottle...but my mum used to feed cereal via bottle to my nephew ...but that means the cereal abit only lor..otherwise not diluted enuff to go thru thebottle teats..
kaer prefers the 'kor kor' kind of cereal...got thing to chew mah...
happy.gif

celynlee
ya..kaer also nowadays always 'bio' us eating...n her mouth also moving ...tham jiak girl..
happy.gif

huichin

ar? give whip potato..? better not..skali got allergy...best to give rice cereal first..once she is ok..then move on to other food..otherwise scare got allergy...my PD gave this advice ..that rice is the least to be allergy...im prob going to give kaer pear puree next week liao..
happy.gif
..cuz she quite ok with rice cereal..after pear..will try vege..
happy.gif

huichin,
how old is ur aunt's bb? can we really start weaning nw? i'm tempted cos i dun seem 2 ve enuff bm for my girl...

Hisstory,
I was flipping thru the FP catalogue and kept telling hb i saw tis, i saw dat in the mattel sale..he v smart, got my hint and told me upfront he not going again! *sniff sniff*

Mattel sale:
i wanna get the FP basketball http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pcat=bubrilliant&pid=42907!! but din see when i was there!
when i was abt to leave, they were packing/rearranging the toys..maybe bringing out new toys..but i couldn't wait cos bb was sun-tanning in the car wif hb..
sad.gif

Oh, i saw the laugh and learn chair selling at $99.90 in robinsons y'day..i tink it was selling at $50 or less at the mattel sale.
dun tink i will buy FP stuff in shopping centres liaos..will wait for sale.

Shint/Mulberry,
I will check my pm when im home cos office cant assess yahoo... DEH...
ok i can make it in the pm thurs. If i manage to get a few good buys will get hubby to fetch me home so you ladies can hitch a ride to somewhere nearer to your place.

celyn,
The antibiotics bernice taking is Augmentin. Smells sweet.

why must lick drumstick ?? not salty meh ? that day i gave bernice lick ice cream.. hahaha. she not scared of cold lei..

huichin,
Ya I got the pigeon. Searched many brands and only got 2 which is made in japan. Another sign that they are ready to be weaned is when they dont thrust their tongue when u put the spoon in. I read its a natural reflexes.

YLN,
haha..yea i know...abit weird cos outside food sure got MSG one. Haha..i so exciting abt cooking Puree for Falisha! But i haven got the Baby cubes yet. Anyone can recommend?

Oh will become runny one ah? I only put a teaspoon (flat) into her milk bottle. So actually it's like drinking milk like u say. Haha. Now testing testing 1st. This weekend i will give her what u recommended k! Cos maid taking care i scared she duno how to do, so i better experiment the soft foods myself and see if Falisha likes it 1st then i can instruct her to follow what to do mah hor. Haha.

QQ,
My aunt's son is born on da 20th of Aug.

Catherine,
Haha..i oso got let Falisha like ice cream. She got the 'hm what's that ah?' look. Haha. Whoa..then i must make sure read the labels 1st before buying any teethers liao. Heh.

Re: Feeding Spoon/Bowl
Any recommendations?

Haha Catherine, did Bernice like the ice-cream? My DH also fed baby chocolate ice-cream and guess what? Baby actually enjoyed and asked for more.
happy.gif

huichin,

wow! dat's juz 1 day after my girl... maybe i can test my girl... always feel so bad dat i dun ve enuff bm for her & dat i gotta supplement wz fm...

is there any signs we can look out ndat show bb is ready for weaning?

QQ,

think u can try my method. Start with once a day - i put rice cereal powder (ready grinded) into her milk. 1 teaspoon only. Think i will try this method for this whole week then start YLN's receipe this weekend. Heh.

I posted this earlier just now.
-------------------------------------------------
BTW i got this from a website:

There is no right age when your baby should be weaned. However, you can tell when your baby is ready for weaning when he:
• Shows signs of hunger before his usual feed time
• Dribbles and puts things in his mouth
• Can sit up with support
• Shows an interest in your food

Does ur bb fit this description then?

RE: weaning
kmeow,
THink i forgot to answer your question. My mum got the maid to cook norm Quaker oats. Just that it's made into this v watery gruel like that.

Just let her sip the watery part of it.

<font color="aa00aa">Valnsw,
I bought the Hop n' Pop initially but I went back again to exchange for the jumperoo.

Quincey,
The requirement for the jumperoo is that the baby must be able to hold his/her head up unassisted and who is not able to climb out or walk.

Hisstory,
Very limited stocks for the Hop n' Pop available. Have to ask the Indian uncle to go and get from the other warehouse. My second trip back there, I saw the Indian uncle carrying another 4 more Hop n' Pop from the other warehouse to outside the tent. All 4 are wrapped in plastic. I agree with you that we have to take a lot of factors into consideration because it's a big ticket item. You can go to Amazon to read reviews posted by mummies or to YouTube to view the jumperoo videos. I also deliberated for a long time before I finally decided. I think that the jumperoo will increase my girl's sense of alertness and strengthen her leg muscles in preparation for crawling and walking. As for the steep price, at least we can console ourselves by selling it off as a preloved item.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Mummies who bought the Rainforest Jumperoo,
Regarding the deformed bee, I went to YouTube to check out videos of other jumperoos. I saw from the videos that the bee is supposed to tilt down, and not straight-standing. Therefore, it's not a defect.
happy.gif
</font>

YLN
Kaer's 4mths old oredi? I'm very tempted to let Ashley taste solids when she hits 4mths, but am also hesitant.. Was thinking of just giving her pureed bananas..

celyn
Kicking also gd!! Trains muscles and psychomotor skills

ReiRei
Aiyah, I went this morn &amp; saw the dunking toy u're referring to. There were quite a few sets, and today, no crowd at all. At any one time, no more than 20 ppl

See which mummy's going, then can tompang?

U shd def check out the GAP sale.. Got lotsa girly stuff *heehee* Tempt u further

smurfette
Ooh, thanks so much.. Coz hb works near Lok Yang, he might drop by again, coz we saw some high chairs but bb was fussing, so no time to check out the deal

remember some time back i was complaining about yu ze rejecting bottle. now he can take bottle whenever hubby feed him while i stay away. we have keep to that routinue for almost 1 month liao. now i try to bottle feed him a few times in the night. he will still eh eh a bit when he sees me bottle feeding him but he is able to finish his milk now. guess what he do to overcome the fact that mummy is not latching but bottle feeding him.

he will turn his face away from me. he don't want to see me while he drinks his milk.
sad.gif

catherine,
i also don't know why its drumstick but that's what older generation people say lah. even my babysitter will tell yu ze that he still can't eat drumstick yet when he suck his hand. after licking the drumstick, i give him water to drink a bit to sort of wash off the taste.

hisstory,
heheh... he is always kicking non stop kind.

mousse/huichin,
I let her lick abit of the "split" icecream, she not scared of cold or the greenish sour part. in fact she quite like it. hahaha. but should avoid icecream cos baby below 1YO cannot drink fresh milk.

celyn,
I asked my mom she say she dono.. then again, my mom not into those traditional stuff. hahaa

Catherine
thank for organising the kindermusik class. too bad that u can't join us. hope bernice is okie. my son enjoy the class very much.

Mattel sale
i am also keen to go again but i worried that i will be disappointed if i go home empty handed.

Fisherprice toys
my sis just sent over a lot of toys.
1965010.jpg

realised got 2 rhyme books
1965011.jpg

Yuuri, How's the order for DINKY DINERS??

Dinky Diners
1. Yuuri (black)
2. April (black)
3. Krmeow (black)
4. M2B (black)

Anyone else interested?

<font color="aa00aa">hi mummies,

was back fm baby gap sale @ isetan scotts, yup sales is on till 11 dec. items are 50% off. but i didnt saw nice dress, bot 1 pant, 1 shorts, 1 top, 1 romper &amp; a pair of socks all at $54. not many big sizes left, i got mostly 3-6m &amp; up to 12m.

I may b gg dwn mattel sales on sat. Reporting work tmr..sianz...my super long break finally cmg to an end.
sad.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">I know that awful feeling too when our lil ones fall sick...
sad.gif
hope speedy recovery for bernice. realised just now that raeann's eyes are red and bit swollen too. think she rubs too much, gonna watch out for her too.</font>

huichin,

tks very much for e info... my bb does show sm of the signs like dribbles and putting things in her mouth and she can sit up with support... as for interest in food... hmmm... i very bad la... she always watch us eat bt nvr show much interest in our food thou :p

my girl got major prob... always regurgitates &amp; lots of milk will come out after feed, even after burping... i wonder if solid food will reduce tis...

Shint,
wow! tt sept mummy really power leh! Mountainful of toys! haha u r tempting me again! If i go on thurs, think i can fight with her liao. hahaaa... :p

Smurfette,
hehe.. so the poor bee just can't stand straight lah. But their packaging picture so misleading! LOL

Re: Xmas bash
hehee.. wah! imagine 24 strollers along the corridor.. will be an interesting sight.. neighbours will complain or not? :p

Sylvia,
hope ur stressful period is over. BTW, can post pix of ur activity walker? Thanks!

Celyn,
Oh.. no more walker liao ar..
sad.gif
I saw high chairs on sun, pricing is $80 leh. Unless i see wrongly. :p haha hi-5.. i love to buy toys leh... but hubby already grumbling i bought oo many and mil was shocked to see my loot when she came back from her holidays on sun. hahaaa..

Huichin,
I bought teething toy from tollyjoy.. those filled with water kind. Make in Singapore or Malaysia i think. Then tt time attended prenatal class, mamil got free 2 teether rings, so i gave to bb too. I bought Pigeon bowl and spoon and another set from Nuby. hahaa..

Ruixuan,
hehe it's ok.
happy.gif

R: Kindermusik trial class
Nice meeting mummies n babies today! Haha.. my boy not focused at all, kept bioing gals... buay tahan him. Twin Stars, finally met u and ur gal! My boy so happy, kept smiling! hahaa... Thanks Catherine for organising.. we missed u and Bernice. Hope her eyelid get better soon.

tks smurfette for e info... i'll tink abt it 2nite b4 i head down tmr...

for mummies who bought e hop n' pop, i juz like to share dat my bro bought 1 for my niece when she was younger (she's 1 nw). she did enjoy it for awhile bt i muz say it's nt really meant for big bb (wt might be below 11kg bt very chubby at e tummy)... e seat's quite small so if ur bb grows fast &amp; quite big, u might nt be able to use it for very long...

Re: Kindermusik Trial
Aurora, my boy also same... keep bioing Zynn... hahaha... but overall, I think he enjoyed the session...

Mummies who want pics, pls PM me ur emails...
happy.gif

Cat, thanks for organising... how's Bernice?
happy.gif

shint,
i just show my hubby that loots of the sept mummy. he say siao can open shop liao. i told him other babies got so much toys to play with and yu ze only got 6. i can easily count leh. he just laugh and walk off.
sad.gif

Back