(2008/08) Aug 2008

catherine,
my HB can be quite fierce if he wants to... i dun know la, let him deal with it lor... nothing much i can do...

twin star,
my HB is those very careless & super bochup one cos he leave his coins in his pocket & throw his pants into the laundry basket... that day i just saw a stack of coins on top of my washing machine... think my maid have left his coins there.. i aledi told him for months to keep all his things cos i dun want to tempt the maid but he just wont listen lor... i told him if he got spare money, why dun give me... i nag him until on the verge of quarrelling & i sian aledi la... the day before the maid arrived, i kept about a few hundred coins & a stack of new $2 notes from his container... till now, he didn't notice that it's gone...

yup, very happy that my bb is putting on weight normally... hoping that she will cross the 2kg mark soon... my gynae say 2.25kg then dont need to stay in incubator...

avocado,
duno yet, agency supposed to bring her to see doc, HB has called clinic to ask them to call him after the medical examination... really cross my fingers but she got all the preggie symptoms like nauseous, giddy & frequent visit to toilet lei...

Baby Weight:
I am getting scared now. My baby was only 1.25 kg at 29W. I got appointment again on 28th June that would be 31W. Hope my baby puts on some weight by that time.

dongle,
Huh, need to have at least 2.25kg ah. I thought as long as 2kg and 34weeks and above need not stay in incubator. My gyane told me 34weeks bb lung is fully developed liao.
but I really hope to give brith in Aug08 when bb is 38-9week.

avocado,

My gyane told me that as long as 2kg and above need not stay in incubator too
happy.gif
i told my bb can reach 2 kg faster

chipchip,
Lets jiayou lor.
I was lucky that my #1 was 2.6kg although premature. Some say 36week is mature liao but the Medical Healthbooklet that our child will use till Primary 6 will stated there Premature baby on the front pages.

hi ladies.
very sian, gotta change maid after 5mths... =(
i can accept a slow or stupid maid, but not a maid that tell lie.
she gotta set off to my sis house every morning 7.15am, and she actually wake up late yesterday.
she try to wipe the floor, skipping sweeping it 1st cos she is late liao.
she din notice that actually i'm awake liao, just never get up from bed only.
i told her she MUST sweep floor 1st before mopping, she got the gut to tell me that she sweep already... -_-"
i ask the agency is this the way they train their maid, they also pai seh.
they immediately offer to change for me, sian rite?
by the time the new 1 reached, think i'm going to deliver liao.

luvlel
my gynea dun even show slightest worry when my bb is 1.24kg @ 30wks, so u dun worry also ok? =)
sometime its just there bone frame, got nothing to do with are they healthy or not lor.

Thanks Snow,

I am worried as if less than 2Kg they would put the baby in incubator
sad.gif
Came to know from the forum. Scared my baby would be in pain after birth with all those needles hurting him/her.

I cant even eat the secret recipe of durian for baby to put on weight as i have to monitor my sugar levels due to gestational diabetics
sad.gif
infact I have been losing weight steadily.

Dont know how to increase my baby weight.

Yrah, it is true that more weight does not mean bb is healthy.
Cos gynae said I may give birth earlier, so I try to increase weight lor and I am on anti-contraction pills. I am very worry abt medical bill if bb is less than 2kg.
If there is nothing wrong with you gals, think no need to worry abt the weight.

dongle,
i don;t trust my hubby, so i will do my checks first. every morning before i open my room door, i'll empty his pockets, take out belt etc, collect his clothes, then put in the laundry basket for my mil to sort out round 2 for the maid, as to which is wash by hand, which is machine wash.i also keep all coins from the night b4 and pack some of the things on my table before i open the door n ask the maid to make my bed. alot of work but i like cos there's a system for me la.

i'm crossing my fingers for u that it;s becos of the heat n not that she is preg. all the best!

baby;s weight:
i observed june;'s mtc thread n it seems like almost all the baby girls are below 3kg lei. and most of them give birth either 2wks or a few days b4 edd

snow,
is this the first time? if so, can still give chance lei, cos she might be in a rush n dun dare tell u. lie one time, u wanna change? but is she a gd worker? cos re train, very tiring lei

little twin stars (stardiva) ,
the measurment we make during scan and after birth can be different. so plus and minus lor

avocado,
i hope y baby can be at least 3kg, easier to take care lei. but my baby;s weight is gaining very slowly liao. must find things to eat but can;t stomach much also

luvlel,
how is your readings for sugar level? with you losing weight, is your baby gaining?

i also lose weight but baby is gaining. as long as baby is gaining, it should be ok.

i also have gestation diabetes. i think can eat 1 seed durian lah. when i want to eat things that i can't, i will play cheat. i usually test on mon, then i eat those sinful food on tues only. so i got more than 4 days to digest the sinful food.

so far, i have eaten NYDC big O cheese cake. next in line will be durian puff.

luvlel
from experience, bb will put on weight very fast only last few wks.
now no rush lah, as long as bb's heart beat is still beating strong ok? =)

twin stars
actually i'm those chin chai type, i told my hb to get the agent to "threaten" her instead lor.
cos no 1 can guarantee the new 1 will be better.
the problem is we wun noe if its the 1st time she lie, u understand what i mean?
but once i saw her telling lie, i'll start to suspect if she is a gd worker also.

snow,

mayb she lied coz she's scared tt u wld scold her? if she's a good worker, then u can monitor her & c hw. coz a good maid is hard 2 come by. in addition, re-training 1 will b v tiring, esp 4 us nw.

Krex,
I am considered big-size cos I'm tall and big-boned and fleshy also! :p But hubby quite small size, just a tad taller than me and small boned. Hope bb will be evenly spread...I also v scared bb too big, hard to come out! Only hubby v happy to be having a pui-pui baby.

twin stars,
Really dunno what constitutes to the exponential rate at which my bb is gaining weight. Even my hubby say I'm eating less and less. Also my tummy size is quite small, so I always say bb is hiding among my ribs. Anyway, if it helps...I don't watch my diet at all! I eat fastfood at least twice a week (subway, macs, kfc). I drink soft drinks and eat chips almost every alternate day. Aiyah sounds so unhealthy...better not follow! As long as your bb in healthy weight range then don't worry too much.

re: maids

Just to share an experience with my parents' last maid. My parents went on a 3wks vacation and asked the maid to keep the gate locked (she has the key). I would also drop by daily to check on the house. Everything seemed ok, and the gate was always locked when I come. But after my parents came back, another maid in the neighbourhood told my mum to be careful of my maid cos' during their absence, alot of the other maids saw her bringing a man back to the house!! We were all so shocked, esp me cos I come back everyday...just never go near her room!! Imagine I was in the same house with some strange Bangla!

vone
i keep wondering if there is anything wrong with her eye, she like cannot see dust 1 leh....
that time my gal's new cloth are so colorful, and she can mix a white blouse to wash together.
with such a big patch of pink color on the white blouse, she simply hang it out to dry.
u say she is trying to be funny by nature, or really eye got problem?
i really dunno, especially she lie yesterday...made me wonder if telling lie to get off trouble is her character or not lor.

hello mummies
wah..reading abt the scary stories of maid really freaked me out man...sigh..

anyway..i was shopping at Mango earlier today and was surprised to be able to find a skirt and 3/4 pants with the roll down kind of waist...very suitable for us preggies...maybe ur want to go take a look..even after delivery..still can wear cuz its not the button waist kind...think the skirt cost $30 (linen material) and 3/4 pants $35 (cannot rem, but also linen material)..good lobang..must share
happy.gif

avocado, chipchip,
i also heard it's 2kg but seems like my gynae is very cautious...

twinstar,
wah you very neat lei... me learn to bochup cos chup too much i get agitated a lot... scared my tummy harden + blood pressure go up... hehe...

yuuri,
i also love fast food just that ever since i on HL, my mum cooks everyday, so can only eat during weekends...

avocado, celynlee,
i also love mos burger, esp the fries & corn soup... yummy...

YNL,
Yes, we will hear scary stories of maid everyday. It all depends on luck regardless of Indonesia, Phili or Mym maid.

re: maid
just called my HB & happy to know that my maid is not preggie but kena gastric flu instead... now paiseh duno what to say to her when she come back cos my HB told her send her to agency to pick up her work permit...

Celyn and Snow,

Thanks for encouragement.

Confession:
I cheat too attimes..usually for Starbucks Java Chip...droooolll

My readings are normal and Dr said baby good weight. Looks like baby gaining weight even though i am losing.

sharing info with mummies who has gestation diabetes. my dietician give me this website. we can check the carbo on the food that we want to eat. for lunch/dinner, we can have about 41-49g of carbo. so with this, you can roughly tell what we can eat.

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/hpb/default.asp?pg_id=1016
click on energy and nutrient composition of foods, key in the food name and continue. with this, we can have more choices and know how to adjust our diet according to our likings.
happy.gif

dongle,
good news, at least she is not pregnant. that will save you lots of trouble.

luvlel,
good loh. at least baby is gaining and gynae say baby weight is good. don't worry too much.

celyn
yup, cannot eat oily and spicy food.
maybe that is the reason why i only gained 2.5kg so far bah, and maybe that 2.5 kg all belongs to the preggy stuffs rather than me lor. =P

dongle
ya, lucky she is not preggy.
just let everything be over bah, take it as no such thing happen lor.
let her rest, and make sure she fully recover before getting her to work? =)

luvlel
talking about cheating, not bad lah.
me had been drinking coffee leh...ha ha....

actually i'm not afraid of bb physical weight, what i had been thinking is my #2 brain size is much smaller as compare to her sis.

snow,
i know wat u mean, once we catch something..........our heart already have "xin pink" as we r never sure. but lucky for me, i'm at home all the time so i can really monitor her n can tell if she does a gd job, if not, i'll get her to do on the spot. but having to monitor her when u have another child can be tough cos u don't have the luxury of time. u look around the hse, if there are things u r not happy with, tell her? i'm also trying to adjust. i;ve decided to forget it as long as she does her work well. make my life easier.

yuuri,
my tummy also small lei. dunno where she hide also. hehe, this is my pre preg diet lei
happy.gif
miss it. i only eat chips this wk when hubby is overseas, hehe other than that . nothing special liao
sad.gif

dongle,
congrats, phew! wat a relief. just tell her she is sick n not pregnant, so rest well and when she is better than continue to work la. u on the other hand must avoid being near to her, separate all her utensils etc ( my maid has her own cup, plate, bowl, cutleries one ). cos gastric flu is very contagious. take lots of vits c n drink lots of water at the moment hor ( weather too hot la ). don;t come in close contact with her, es not in an aircon room
neat: i'm particular so i make life harder for myself lor
happy.gif

i also need to take it easy with the maid, now i bo chap lo, anyway hubby coming back tonight, i happy liao
happy.gif

dongle,
great news that your maid is not preggy. nothing to paise la. hahaha

ya my hubby quite fierce cos he no patience with those agency people..hahaha. he also leave coins and stuff lying around. I told him already but he if still want to do it then later lose anything dont complain i told him.

faithmum,
my baby 1.6kg @ 31 weeks.

snow74,
so you changing her ? when replacement can come ? i nvr trust the agency to train the maid, come already still we have to train her ourselves.

Megan,
I got it from one shop at Suntec. Cant remember name. i check for u. but i think the set is $99 right ?

luvlel,
your dietician dont let you eat durian ah ? mine say 4 seeds ok lei.

I cheat quite often :p cos i take ice cream and cakes on and off
happy.gif

re:fastfood
i love fast food. anything and everything.. hahaha

very angry with hubby .. 1 week already and he still nvr bring me go buy my durian. And now I added coconut juice to the list of things and he still bo chap
sad.gif

Feels so good that I am not the only one cheating when it comes to the diet ;)

wishing all a very good weekend!See ya on Monday!

snow,
seems like ur maid dun wk wif her eyes open. did u asked her hw come she can make such mistakes?

dongle,
tt's good news. no need 2 b paiseh 1. coz u hv d rite 2 noe whether she's preggy or nt.

Back