(2008/08) Aug 2008

ruixuan,

how come u make 280ml when u know he's going to drink only 20-80ml?

rona,

i let J try karimone twice coz' i got the sample sachets from them. 1st time he totally rejected. 2nd time when i tried a few months later, he only drank about 100ml. i guess he doesn't like the taste. i was also hoping to wean him to goat's milk after BM but so far, he's only drinking enfagrow vanilla flavour on weekdays and pura fresh milk on weekends. i'm still wondering if i should make that trip to hay dairies and let him try fresh goat's milk. chances are, he wouldn't like it, haha. btw, do u give the milk cold or warm? i'm wondering whether it's a good idea to give milk cold from the fridge at this age.

krex78,
i think some mummies will shoot me when i say this. heheh...

i do give yu ze cold drink early in the morning. eg. when we go out to have breakfast, if i drink ice milo, he gets a share too and the time could be 8/9am. even at night like 7pm, i will also give him cold plain water from the fridge. basically, i don't have any restriction on his food. :p

<font color="0000ff">krex</font>
Jonah such a good boy!
i'm still too chicken to wean Jas off paci... :p coz she only started slept thru nite abt 3-4months ago only. i'm still enjoying the peaceful nights.
think if i try to wean her now, it's gonna be hell for few weeks. my gal very stubborn, she will definately cry demanding for paci.
hee think i wanna enjoy a few more mths of peaceful nights 1st and then muster up my courage to start the weaning process :p

celyn,

i do give him cold juice from fridge and his yoghurt is taken cold also. but i think J will reject cold milk if i try anyway. for some strange reason, he needs his milk warm in the morning and till now, he wouldn't hold his milk bottle! he's only "willing" to drink milk in the morning coz' he's hungry but even then, he won't finish all the time. if i want him to drink milk in the afternoon, can only trick him by sticking bottle into the mouth when he's asleep. so sad rite?

mul,

i think maybe timing was right? when we tried to wean before 1 yr, it seemed harder. but when we tried a few mths ago, he seemed to take it quite ok. maybe it was coz' he wasn't dependent on the paci anymore, e.g. he doesn't use it during the day and back then, it was mainly used to pacify him in the car and at night during sleep time.

anw, PD says have until 2 yrs to wean, so u still have a good 8 mths more!

krex78,
i see. yu ze is still a bit of milk addict though he loves to eat. he will still request for his milk. so in a way, he had to work by holding his milk bottle. if he don't hold, no milk for him and he knows it. so he will guai guai hold it loh. sometimes, he will bring us to the kitchen and point to the fm container asking for it. i'm just worried when he goes cc, he won't get his 2 feed of milk in the afternoon, don't know how he will react. hahaha...

there is once, we make his milk liao and pass it to hold and bring to his room to drink. he happily hold his milk and walk to my room. hubby told him wrong room, he still don't care and just walk in, climb up my bed and lay down to drink his milk. after that then we bring him back to his room to sleep.

ruixuan,
if you make fm in bigger milk bottle but lesser amount can? if not, very waste leh and fm is ex loh. or is he still on bm? if bm, more heart pain leh.

celynlee: Yu ze is sooooooooo guai leh!! Such a gooooood boy!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

celyn,

your yu ze sounds like a very active boy! i hardly go jap restaurant to eat. the only affordable one (sakae) is so child unfriendly. i went last weekend and they had child seats that were supposed to be placed on the bench. no support whatsoever so J could move and tip over. and generally i find jap restaurants very tight (maybe coz of the conveyer belt feature). after that, i decided not to go jap restaurant to eat anymore. the only saving grace was the kid's menu looks quite yummy and healthy, compared to most western outlets that serve fish n chips, burgers, etc.

krex78,
ya ya, he is very active. i never bring him to sakae cos no baby seat. i have try other japanese resturants (ichiban, there is one at isetan scotts, can't remember the name, others).

the ichiban at amk hub is good cos it has window seat, so i put him sit there to eat and at the same time he can kpo what's going on the road.

i don't give him kid's menu food leh. hahah... he eat our food but no raw for him yet. i'm very tempted to feed him though. :p

celyn,

oh, never try ichiban. when i go amk hub, i eat at nydc or the hk rest opp.

i haven't let him try kid's menu but whenever i browse thru kid's menu at restaurants, i'm not very impressed. so far sakae one is not bad...find it quite healthy. too bad that place not child friendly. maybe when he doesn't need a child seat anymore i'll bring him there, haha.

last weekend i ordered potato salad and chawamushi for him to snack after he finished his home made food.

Celyn,
Me too! I also feed baby K whatever we're eating. He seems to like them more than his own porridge.

Nini,
I also feed my son porridge until i vomit blood! But no choice... Oh one trick my mil taught me: tie his legs to the baby chair (so cannot climb out), distract him with something (tv, toy, gadget or whatever interests him), then feed him. Recently, my son loves to write. So we'd give him a pen and rough paper loh. Suspect he's a left-hander... hmmm.. must observe some more...

krex78,
maybe you can try amk hub ichiban if you really want japanese food.
happy.gif

mousse,
ya yah. originally, hubby was so upset that yu ze don't want his food and thinks that its cos of my cook. so angry. then he realise that yu ze is willing to eat our food so he give up and say ok give him our food. :p

<font color="0000ff">krex</font>
oooh Dr Lim said should wean off when 2yo izzit? oh yes u just gave me excuse to procrastinate for few more mths..kekeke..
Jas is very dependant on paci to sleep. but if not sleeptime, she doesn't need it or want it. Guess i should count my blessing she's not addicted to it whole day type.

haha u all thinking abt weaning off paci.. i m thinking abt starting again! too late liao? keke :p

krex/celyn: i also give Braiden eat adult food lah.. maybe thats why he start to 'xian' my cooking not nice..hahaha.. :p Jus now my brother bought me macdonalds, got fries n nuggets.. Man.. He's more interested in Mac than his porridge.. He's not eating his porridge, he's like taking a sip from the spoon.. MADDENING!!!!!

Rata: wah u steady! Jac can chew the pearl meh?

nini, ok lei. haha i started to wean jac off paifier after we returning fr perth in mid nov &amp; also to sleep on her own. Pacifier for her was onli needed when she sleep but still i wan to wean her off. is not too back at hm but at my parents hse they had a diff time think coz she know my parents can b bullied. but eventually by end nov she sleep w/o pacifier, no patting to sleep juz carry her into her cot &amp; tell her to sleep &amp; off i leave the room. now got so much more free time. then i can start pumping earlier &amp; sleep earlier too.

rata,
yu ze won't get pearl cos mummy don't like. :p

nini,
maybe you should stop giving braiden his baby food but just what you are eating. this way will also save you from worrying about his intake. since he wants 'adult' food, just give loh. you just need to watch your seasoninngs when cooking.

<font color="#CD3278">hello mommies</font>
We're baaack!! Loved the weather in HK a lot.. The moment we got off the plane, I cld feel SG is like a furnace!

Scored some gd stuff, at least IMHO, for all 3 of us.. heehee.. So <font color="#CD3278">aurora &amp; happy mummy</font>, if you've got the time to shop, hope you enjoy yourselves!

<font color="#CD3278">rata</font>
Oh wow! You're still expressing BM for Jac!! How long more do you intend to give her BM?

<font color="#CD3278">M2B</font>
I sure did!! I think i bought quite a fair bit of stuff, till I told myself to restrain &amp; to keep urging hb to get sthg for himself.. heheh! But it's hard, HK targets women!!

<font color="#CD3278">NiNi</font>
*HUGS* I think it's hard for you to handle Braiden alone esp since he is quite picky abt milk &amp; food.. *jia you* You've tried your very best, guess just got to keep trying!

I rem my parents mentioning tt they had to get some kind of chinese herbs to increase my appetite as well.. You wanna check with those medical halls?

<font color="#CD3278">ruixuan</font>
Eh, i thought you managed to solve the puzzle to why SL takes in small qty of milk?
He's really quite light weight! Does he enjoy food?

Hisstory, now supply very little liao. using up my frozen stocks plus my pump is going to die soon once it die it will mark the end of my bfing journey... hahahaha

celyn: i give him adult food too.. I cook rice for him too.. steam fish,stir fry veges,steam egg..but still he 'hiam'..

hisstory: Is HK a bb friendly place?

celyn: Michan has been given sashimi since 12mths (salmon and the white fish). she loves it. but with very tiny soya sauce. sometimes without.

Mulberry: maybe jasmine will react better this time without paci? I did that cold turkey with Misaki hehehe.. took few days only after that she's ok.

Rona: I also think of sending ryo to piano class. any recomendation? or any one to one teacher that u can recommend? thanks

Shint: Ryo's swimming coach is not bad. I can give u her contact if someday u are interested

<font color="#CD3278">Rata</font>
u're quite funny... Express according to the lifespan of your pump! heheh! But it's like THE sign to stop.. are you intending to send it for repair when #2 comes along?

<font color="#CD3278">NiNi</font>
Not too bad, unless your stroller is humongous! Most mornings when we head out, i figure we've missed the working crowd after lazing ard &amp; finishing bfast, so the stroller's quite comfy in the MTRs. Some evenings we go out w/o the stroller. By &amp; large, like what <font color="#CD3278">M2B</font> shared, many HKers are not tt civic conscious.. They dun offer you seats, not to old folks or preggie MTBs as well.. But if you ask, they do offer.

hashisan,
where do you stay? Is Padang Valley near you? there is one piano studio there and the teachers are quite ok.

hashisan,
yes, individual is better. but for music school, you have to get the right teacher since they will have quite a number of teachers in the centre/school. and if you wanna go for the yamaha music school, better start to enquire now, cos we were on the queue for a year at the clementi branch and gave up.

pandan valley is near holland road, quite near to cold storage jelita.

morning mummies

hashisan,
yeah!!! then i can try on yu ze soon. yummy!!!!

nini,
i see then you need to try to see what he likes. for yu ze, he loves soup a lot. so i make sure i cook soup for dinner. he can drink a bowl of soup after his rice. he also likes vege, till now don't really like pork yet. if i give him pork from the soup, he will spit it out.

hisstory,
welcome back. i really miss hk.
sad.gif

Hi mummies,
Looking forward to this Sunday's party... hope I will get down to sms everyone the address cos I know sure someone will forget where... :p

Another 1 hour of work and I'll be clearing leave for the year! Yippee! I'll like to meet up with some of you for playdates, if possible... seldom get the chance due to work...

Still thinking if wanna go overseas or not... is it too late to book HK? hiaz...

Rata, oh! you still pumping? me too... but getting lesser and lesser... hiaz... very stress cos haven't started to train P on FM yet...

celyn,
Jerold doesn't like cold food. you give him room temp porridge and he will spit far far away. and he doesn't like MEAT. Like Yu Ze, he also loves soup, so far have not seem him reject any kind of soup. he likes fish balls too. AND he likes whatever the older kids are eating. in his mind, those MUST be BETTER then his food... even though they could be eating the same thing... :p

Jen,
me too leh, haven't train J on FM yet...
happy.gif

rona,
yu ze also don't like cold food, unless the food is meant to be eaten cold like cold drinks and ice cream. if its normal meal and its cold, he usually take a bit only.

we will eat once i finished cooking so the food is still very hot. then i will on the fan while feeding him. so by the time, he finished his food is still a bit warm. then i got to eat warm food and no longer hot food.
sad.gif

Rona,
I see alot of pple ordering sambucol (http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/2546558.html?1260470294).
so i was wondering whether i shld be giving my ger some sorta vitamins too loh.
I tried to give her cod liver oil but she hates it! cos it's the original flavor..keke..

Mulberry,
aiyoo talking abt low immunity i tink char is worse than jas..char was sick for abt 3 times (those coupled with high fever one) in a yr leh..
but nevermind lah, hb said being sick is a way to build up her immunity.

Valnsw,
hey u going on 1st day of sale ah? Got good buys can sms me? Thks!

Jen, yup still pumping now supply is little i got give a small feed of fm since oct. the tea break feed of 130ml is fm. the 2 big one in the morning &amp; b4 bed is still bm

mul,

yah, dr lim says 2 yrs.

nini,

last time we cld eat our dinner and feed J at the same time. nowdays, we have to feed him first, then eat our adult food. once we make sure he's finished his home cooked food, he's allowed to eat a little of our adult food since he'll be asking for it. if braiden only likes adult food, suggest you eat healthy meals that you don't mind him eating as well.

rata,

wah, how did u train jac to sleep just like that? i don't think i can leave J in the bed and then just leave. still have to hang around until he sleeps. but thankfully he can go back to sleep most of the time if he does stir at night.

krex, the initial part of weaning her off pacifier during sleep was terrible she will cry &amp; scream &amp; struggle. I juz press her down &amp; pat eventually when she fall asleep her hair all wet coz she struggle but once she make it w/o pacifier, she can sleep on her own w/o us staying beside her. I juz put her into sleeping position then tell her sternly 'sleep' but i will ve to walk into the room to check on her after awhile coz at times she will not sleep but sit up &amp; play wif stuff (w/o crying for us to go into the room) then i will ve to remind her to sleep &amp; put her back to her position. eventually she will goes off to her lala land. think worse case is 30mins.

rona,
if you happen to speak to your fren, can you ask about the name/brand of the multi-vit that your fren gave to her child to increase his appetite? TIA!

rata,

wah, so fierce? i think if i tell J to sleep and walk out of the room, he will start yelling and the episode can last for 1 hr or more. i guess i'm still not walking out like that yet coz' he tends to get restless when he's finding a comfortable position to sleep in. sometimes even with me around, he will toss and turn, then get up for some sympathy pats, haha. i have to constantly put him down and press against him, and let him drift off to sleep.

Celyn,
May need you to hold on to baby k's stuff.. He's down with stomach flu..
sad.gif
Not sure if he'd get well in time for the party. If you dont see us this sunday, then I'd go over to your place to pick it up next week. Sorry for the inconvenience hor..

mummies I am giving away: (only for aug 08 mummy who's going to the gathering)

-pacifier (new)
- milk bottles (avent, used few times only)
-clothings for baby gal/boy (lightly use, some home used, some new)
- baby powder, diaper creams,
- other things

celyn: I already put aside yours
happy.gif

tonight is the first night that yu ze sleep on his toddler bed. only 1 side got bed guard, hopefully he doesn't roll off the bed. i think i can't sleep in peace tonight liao. :p

he tried to come down the bed after his milk but was stopped by me. after several attempts, he give up. i told him to stay in bed while i take his pacifier if not, when i walk in he is not in bed no pacifier for him. he really guai guai stay in bed. hehehe.... total time spend for him to sleep is 30 mins. i guess these few nights, i have to be the one to put him to sleep till he is used to it before hubby can resume putting yu ze to bed.

hashisan,
thanks.
happy.gif

mousse,
no problem.
happy.gif

krex78,
when i put yu ze to sleep, i will be with him while he drink his milk. once he finished, i will give him a kiss and tell him to sleep and i'm going out. i just walk out and he can continue to toss and turn in bed till he sleeps.

now that he is sleeping on toddler bed, i can't do that anymore.

ReiRei,
some of my friends swear by Sambucol. They say it helps their kids boost their immunity and if their kids are going to fall sick, Sambucol actually helps them get well faster or helps to fight the virus. I thought this is for 2yo and above?

hehehe, i gave the childlife cod liver oil, its strawberry flavoured and i keep in the fridge. so the smell is not that bad. my 2 oldest kids take it and when J sees that, he will naturally want to eat cos he thought it must be hao liao...
happy.gif
that's how i get it into him.

talking about vitamins and supplement - when the kids are sick, do you still give vitamins and supplements?

doogle,
ok, i will sms her and ask her on the multi-vit.

mousse,
i hope bbK gets well soon. is he laosai-ing or vomitting? but keep him hydrated. sayang bbk and you! take care!

Back