(2008/08) Aug 2008

LTS,

yah she's pretty gd to her family and close friends, but too bad she always gets on my nerves! i noticed she's also the one who calls the shots in the family, including telling her dad and mum what to do. strange family dynamics!

haha, there u go.....but i notice they tend to b practical n not so generous but wen the time comes...they will help u out wen in need....
tiger ma, better b yr friend than enemy. haha. but they dun harm their enemies.....more likely to show black face than do harm :p

celyn
normally tiger go by logic, so dun expect them to take funny but unreasonable stuffs lor...hee hee...that is why tiger cannot mix around well with monkey.

twinstars
ya ya ya....tiger very stubborn.
but as long as u dun step on their tail, they wun bite u de lor.
tiger take good friend's friendship very hard de, once hurt will hurt a tiger forever. =(

krex
tiger like to take care of ppl, as long as u dun try to over rule this concept by forcing to show u are stronger...
ain it better to just let the tiger take care of everything, and u sit there kiao kar waiting for result?
ha ha....

m2b
i like egg mayo also!!! =)
althought fattening. >P

ai yo, i haven thought of what to buy leh.
just rel 1 product, now boss chase after me to do self-appraisal liao... -_-"

snow,

quite true. my SIL likes to make arrangements for everything from dinner to family holidays. but hor, there's a diff between taking care of the family and trying to get everyone to agree on her bright idea and insisting that only she is right. that was why i objected to going on family holiday with them. how to enjoy when she determines the agenda for everything?

yest she irritated me when she brought her daughter to my MIL's place to spend the day there. as a result, my boy didn't want to nap the whole day. so me and hb came back to a cranky kid
sad.gif
she's doing the same today, sigh. whenever she's around, i dun look fwd to going back.

krex
understand....cos tiger abit more stubborn, some time they can't really see from other's pt of view.
but they "eat soft dun eat hard" 1 lor, so if someone really can make her feel bad by telling her nicely then maybe situation may change?

celyn,
congrats on having a tigress.....a dream come true for u ya??

mummies,
i'm preggie again - due end Jul early Aug 2010. Another 2 yr gap for me. Hope to have a tigress too....wish me luck
happy.gif

mommies,
I got the map oredi, thanks to Larvene .... so dun need to forward me anymore
happy.gif

SHay,
Congrats! tigress ah? me envious. hahaa.

valnsw,
thanks for info. i'd prob try to go but not on the first day. U go then let us know what good deals are in store ok?
happy.gif

twinstars, snow,
quite true abt tiger leh ... my late dad's a tiger. He takes care of family, no temper, vv Hao Hao Sian Shen ... paper tiger lor. Always get bullied by my mom who is a rabbit.

So it's true that tiger and rabbits get along well and the rabbit always win? hahha.

Envious having ger ger lor. Me ah ... sigh .... dun wan another boy again lor .... if have girl then so nice rite. Anyway, old liao, no energy.

shay
congrats!!! did I miss out any other congratulations?

xmas party
dun forget our date this sunday! cant wait to see everyone!!!

snow,
tt;s y i say they dun take friends into their inner circle very easily...
u n M2B going some party?

shay,
congrats! is this no. 2 or 3?

shint,
i think they r very misunderstood...as fierce.haha
arrrr.....they get along well la
happy.gif

shay
congrats!

shint
cos tiger scared "soft soft" character ppl de lor.
so if that rabbit have dun have also cry or show disappointment, tiger will surrender very easily 1.

twinstars
eh....actually maegan and zynn are classmate for almost half a yr liao, their class having x'mas party this wk. =)
not m2b and me lah, too old to go cheong party liao lah....ha ha....

snow74,
hhahaha.... yah yah, tiger surrender when one cry. no matter how bad the situation, i win with this. :p

shay,
thanks. yah yah. so happy. congrats to you too.

hello mommies!

me super shack man.. Being a SAHM is not easy, without any help. It's been really tiring for me.. and plus, Braiden still breastfeeding.. He takes mine as pacificer, wont stop crying until I give in. Sometimes he still demand for sucking in the middle of the night.. Sometimes im so tired i wanna cry, the kind of tiredness like wanna vomit.. haiz.. Lucky my hubby help out whenever he can.. How i wish my parents r still around, they will definitely help me out.. My in-laws only visit Braiden once a month as they really the boh sim type. Me cant wait for Braiden to go childcare soon as i really need a good good rest!
sad.gif

Sorry for ranting...

Nite mommies....

funny topic as I login :p

Shint
ur story exactly describe me n hb.. :p He's the tiger n I'm the rabbit hehehehe..... yet I'll show black face n sad if I dont get something, he'll mellow one :p ssshhhhhh hahahahha...

Celyn, Krex
My hb is Feb tiger, so far very nice to ppl ( The ones I know is his parents, my parents n his friends ), Even my mom will tell everybody that her son in law is more 'u hao' compare to her own gal ( me :p ) whenever me n mum raising our voice, he'll sure say something to me one like " y u talk to ur mum like that ?? " haiizzz .... well in a sense good then

LTS
gg is so cute... so mayb she's identifying 'barney' character in ur maid ? hahahaha..
but what u said abt tiger is quite true eh... good observer ?
happy.gif

Didnt know here got some going thru IVF.. only knew Tigg3r nia b4 then Vanilla... Mel also uh...salute to u guys.... it's a very tough process rite ?

re xmas party
since I wont b able to come, too bad
sad.gif
Will miss all of you....

MummyNana can u pls collect for me ? U can leave it to ur grandma house, I can go n collect there... TIA hor
happy.gif

Celyn
Just pass my tees to MummyNana uh when she said it's ok
happy.gif
Thanks hor for all the effort spent
happy.gif

Mulberry
Not that N is lucky to have 2 tees but this mummy has to spend more cos cant decide both looks nice :p

Shay
Congratsss !!! very successful year end eh ?
happy.gif

Mel Ocean
ya lor the boy tees look nice heh ?
happy.gif
That's y I'm also getting it hihii

Nini
Hang on there... understand how u feel.. now bb also getting more active, we spent our whole day energy watching over them, plus has to clean them, bath , prepare the food not to mention the housechores... that's y I gave up.... been crazily exhausted so going to take a maid... pray hard wont give me more headache n problems ...
sad.gif

NiNi,
have you ever consider stop breastfeeding? Braiden is coming 16mths old, you've done an excellent job already. maybe just cold turkey? jia you!

Celyn: I love the shirts, thank u

Nini: cheer up yeah.. tomorrow will be a better day. dont be too hard on your self u have been doing a great job

Shay: congrats!
happy.gif

Rona: yeah I have been doing a lot of retail theraphy recently hahah . usually wont have time to shop outside only can do online

Ms tigger: forgot to Pm u your hubby facial wash arrived already le. u want me to keep 1 for u?
happy.gif

shay,

congrats! u can join rona's club - party of 3 (or 5)!

snow,

oh, when i've had enough of her nonsense, i'll give her a piece of my mind. thank goodness i'm on leave next week. my MIL says she's coming again tmrw. oh well, pretend i dunno about it, sigh.

morning mummies

nini,
hugs. you are doing a great job. if you are thinking of sending braiden to cc, then maybe you show try to stop him from taking you as pacifier. he will suffered in cc without you but at the same time, they will learn to adjust to cc's life pretty fast too. (i heard this from friends).

i will start adjusting yu ze's nap time to 12.30pm next year to prepare him for cc. cc's nap time is 12.30-3pm and his is 9-11am and 2-4pm now.

hashisan,
you are welcome.
happy.gif

lingling,
no problem, will pass to mummynana when she is ok.
happy.gif

happy.gif
Morning Mummies
happy.gif

Nini,
Don't take it so hard on yourself. At one point, we really must harden our heart to train bb to sleep thru d nite... Good for him also. With undisturbed sleep, he can concentrate better in d day also.

Morning mommies.

So excited! Can finally meet u after chatting online for so long!

Brought Anvelle on the Hippo Bus last nite. She enjoyed it very much. She was so excited to see all the Xmas lighting. She even wanted to catch the balls hung on the trees. She kept saying "na" (take) so loudly that all my frens turned around to look at her! So paisey...

Celyn,
I will take Ling's shirts on Sunday.

Ling,
I will collect the shirts for u. U wan to walk all the way to my gran's to collect the shirts? See hw la. Maybe I pass it to u on my way back to punggol ba den u dun need to walk so far.

M2B/ Snow,
Any egg mayo sandwiches for me? I also wan to eat... =P

celyn,

how come cc nap time at such odd hours? 12.30pm is usually lunch time right? they only have one nap period a day? btw, am i right to say that most CCs incorporate nursery/ kindergarten into their syllabus? do ppl do things like send kids for cc, then arrange for kids to go kindergarten and then come back to cc?

thanks mommies..

Rona: not that i dont wan to stop breastfeeding, i really wanna stop! But my boy doesnt like FM or any other milk... At this stage, they still need milk.. i think my milk oso not much already but he still wanna latch on/comfort sucking. I tried training him to sleep when he was 5mths old but for the whole week he cried for more than 1.5hrs every night he is even more persistent than me! So i jus give up.. Haiz..

Celyn: ya i jus concerned about his milk intake lah.. if not i wont be so xiong liao.. I give him pacificer (all types) he jus throw away!!

nini,
give him slowly and try to convert him. its not going to be easy but really have to try. if his milk intake is a bit low, then maybe supplement with other stuffs.

krex78,
i think most cc's nap time is around there bah. i don't think people will want to spend $$ to send child to cc then to kindergarten then back to cc loh cos you are paying for both cc and kindergarten school fees leh. it will be very ex loh.

i haven't got the timetable yet but just ask about nap time only. if i'm not wrong, they will go for nap after lunch and bath. so maybe lunch is at 1130 - 12 bah.

mummynana,
ok. please let remember to take from me hoh.
happy.gif

celyn,

oh, so most CCs teach nursery and kindergarten stuff then? it's supposed to be an all-in-one centre?

nini,

if your kid is not taking a lot of milk, try offering him cheese, yoghurt, etc. J drinks less than 200ml of milk a day, if lucky, maybe 300ml+. but i compensate with lots of calcium rich food and i painstakenly plan his diet so he will have enough calcium, iron, etc. so far he's growing well and of acceptable weight. so dun need to worry your kid will be deficient in calcium if you stop BF. PD says if the child doesn't like milk, then just pump up his calcium in other ways. no need to fret.

i also tried sleep training when J was younger (like the CIO method) but it didn't work out. it was a gradual process. first we started taking out pacifier, then stop holding his hand. now, he can go to sleep on his own each night with just me or hb sitting by his side to watch him sleep and he doesn't need any pacifier/ hand holding. occasionally just a soft touch on his back or buttocks for comfort, but otherwise, sleeping rather independently. so no need to go to extreme. just do everything gradually lor. it'll take longer to see results but kids do adapt quite well to change as long as it's not too sudden.

krex78,
yah, cc is like all in one centre. so usually morning is the regular class, then nap. after nap is either enrichment programmes or maybe free time to play bah.

Hashisan,
me too leh! have been neglecting my office work and sleep and lurking in the BP and sprees section prowling... not just that, went on several online shopping sites too! but gotta watch the wallet, just started the two eldest ones for individual piano classes so lesser spending money/savings for me ...
sad.gif

NiNi,
maybe during the weekends, or when your hb is around, during feed time you go hide, and ask hb to feed using formulas. else its very difficult for you to stop. being a human pacifier is no joke!

mummies,
thanks for all the congratulatory note. this is my #3 not #5 hor lol...... really hoping for a tigress like celyn
happy.gif

nini,
don't overstress yourself. You may want to mix the fm with some bf and keep trying till he accepts it. Ashton too didn't want to take fm that's y i oso bf him till recently. i tried by mixing 2oz of fm with 6oz of bm then slowly increase the amount of fm and reduce the amount of bm till he finally accepted it early this month. take care and be strong
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Shay</font>
Congrats! hope u'll get ur wish ya ;)

<font color="0000ff">krex</font>
how did u wean Jonah off pacifier?
i'm thinking to wean Jasmine off paci but me scared....hahaha.. dunno how will she react..
there was 1 night i forgot to give her paci and she cried n scream!
my usual routine is give her her last milk feed, and then pop paci into her mouth and then lay her down to her cot.
That night i blur blur feed her milk and after finish just put her down into cot. Suddenly she sat up and cried loudly. at that point, i'm still not aware i forgot to give her paci. she kept crying, I panic, wondering what's wrong... nearly wanted to call my hubby coz worry she tummyache or what. only few minutes later, i realised my 'mistake'. then quickly gave her paci and she quiet down immediately and suck suck suck to sleep.....haiz...

<font color="0000ff">NiNi</font>
hugz. i can understand ur situation coz Jas only truly slept thru after she turns 1yo. After her 1yo birthday, i decided i can't take it liao and started CIO. she cried for abt 2-3weeks every night. I know it's a big big torture to hear our kid cry but the end result will make it all worth while. Pehaps u wanna try CIO again?

snow,
oh, but it;s fun too
happy.gif

nini,
i know wat u mean. pp think not working is such a luxury but they dunno the kinda work involved :* hang in there

ling,
no la, my dog is barney, dunno y she blurted it out, we have never used tat word b4, mayb she saw those barbie doll ads. haha. i got alot of tiger close friends tt;s y i know :p
arrrr....my 3 frozen ones r my hubby, dog n gg lei.....i said tt cos they can;t b of any help to me wen i was maidless hence i was fed up :*

shay,
if this is yr no. 5..... i will really kao tao to u. hehe

krex: the Pd told me MUST give milk..thats why i so stress lor.. I bought all kinds of other packet milk but he dont really like it.. At 15 mths he's now still 10.7kg.. no increase since last mth! He doesnt like his meals either.. so hard to get him to eat at most times!
sad.gif
Haiz.. I would think he's quite small size cos me n hubby r on the big side. I would think my boy is really a very difficult n demanding baby... He would cry NON-STOP till he gets what he wants. He still makes noise at night.. This he never changed.. Why cant he sleep thru the night? Is he hungry? every dinner he didnt eat much too so i dont know if he's really hungry or not.. gosh im really super stressed out by this boy
sad.gif

rona,
high 5!

nini,
ashton appetite for porridge was poor till recently after i gave him a kind of multivit which is high in iron content. it started when he was down with fever for 10days sometime in Nov. Brought him for blood test and result came out normal but a bit low in iron. So, PD told me to get some multivit high in iron after he recovers. So I bought the multivit for him and after taking his appetite increase and now he can finish a bowl of porridge/rice at dinner. Will check out the brand of the multivit for u tomorrow. You may want to try for B.

Thanks shay! Appreciate it!

So hard to give Braiden his meals.. be it rice or porridge.. He'll only take a few spoonful n thats all... I so angry i jus leave him alone liao!

Nini

Sounds like Braiden having the same problem like Cheril.. Dun want to drink milk, dun want to eat much.. almost impossible to get her to eat... At nite also cry a lot, sometimes till 2 am in the morning...

Dun be stress, you are not alone.. Cheirl is only 8.3kg @ 17 mths..still in 10 percentile. Daddy n mummy also very big size but I figured out why she's so small, cos her great grand mother is the petite type.. maybe got her genes from her..

As long as he's active, you have to worry so much lor... the more you force the more he doesn't want to eat. For me, I got used to it liao.. I always tell myself, although Cheril been eating less den normal kid (I always compare her with Clara), she's still taking more den those kids who 3rd world countries, so she's not too bad liao... PD and dietician are just following the norm, they are just doing their job. Only time we start stressing is when the PD said that they need to run this and that test on babies, that means something is really wrong.

nini,

maybe u try multivitamin like what shay suggested. i really dun think he die die must drink milk, but it's always good to try getting him to drink a little, where possible. is he able to take yoghurt or cheese? J is lighter than braiden...only 10kg and he has been at this weight for a few months liao. at this age, our kids don't gain 1-2kg every month. prob gain abt 3-5kg in a whole year only. J doesn't look very malnourished to me, just sometimes i find his arms rather skinny, and my colleagues commented he lost a lot of bb fat. but i'm still not too concerned coz' he's not underweight and behaves like a happy, active toddler.

mul,

last time, J would need paci and want to hold our hand to sleep. so one day we tried taking out the paci, but still give him hand to sleep. he protested a bit but because we could still pat him, etc. he was pretty ok. it was so funny then coz' u could see some withdrawal symptom (he would start sucking air), but after awhile, he could settle to sleep. then once he was used to no paci, we started taking away our hand. took about a week or so before he got used to it. now, he's able to sleep w/o holding hand but sometimes when he really can't settle, i'll lay my hand on his back/ buttock (but not pat pat), and he will slowly drift off to sleep.

nini,

btw, does braiden like to eat adult food? J is not always keen on the home cooked food we prepare for him, so we have to "entertain" him to get him to finish his porridge, etc. but if he eats with us, he will ALWAYS want our food. so if braiden is like that, then let him dine with u at the dinner table and eat your food. but of course, u must be prepared to eat healthy food like rice, fish , veg and not fast food or hawker food lor.

mrs teng: ya i hope this is jus a phrase they r goin thru, else its really making me pretty stressed out. Anyway Cheril is girl so petite is okay..
happy.gif

krex: Ya i really need to get the multivitamins, i dont know what to give? Recommendations pls?
happy.gif
I mix 'si shen' powder in his meals but dont think that helps to increase his apptite either... haiz.. Really testing my patience..

Nini
Braiden quite similar with SL. I actually stop him from milk. if he ask for milk, i just make to 280ml and most of the time, he drink 20-80ml that all. i try to supplement him with his daily meal. I understand the stress u going thru. Could it be Braiden dun like porridge or rice, why dun try finger food? I remember u got a clip showing Braiden steal bread to eat...

SL is 8.7kg now... measure last monday.

NiNi,
Yes, multivits is good for small appetite babies. My close friend's boy also like braiden, only thing is he doesn't latch and drink milk lah. So my friend gave him multivit and apart from giving him all the nutrients, it also increased his appetite. Now he is eating very well! Karimone milk (i think the spelling may be wrong) - the goats milk is also very good in beefing kids up. My boss and her family and extended family swears by it. I'm also thinking of giving my J this milk when i'm totally finish with my pumping (i managed to cut down to 18hours pump now!) My J is also at about 10kg at 15 mths. But he is eating well and developing normally.

Thanks ruixuan &amp; rona,

Good to seek advice here
happy.gif
i m definitely goin to buy the multivits and the karimone milk! i give B fresh milk, UHT milk, he all dun like.. Even he loves banana, the HL banana milk he also dun like.. very hard to bluff him leh..

Ruixuan: i give him all kinds of snacks too.. he loves it but i don wan to make it a habit.. he loves snacking more than proper meals. I bought the rice crackers and gerber puffs, he loves it very much.. he oso love chocolates~

nini,
maybe he likes adult food? have you try giving him home cooked adult food instead of his own baby food?

when yu ze rejects eating his own baby food, i stop forcing him and give him our adult home cook food liao.

don't stress yourself ok.

Back