(2008/07) July 2008

oh yes, since i m bringing maid along, pls do not ask me abt ILs at all. not good to let them know too much also. thanks everybirdie!

DD, Cellow
orders in.
happy.gif

phy
a lot of extra costs for the kids! outings etc all add up. each time they go outing, i pay like $40 for 2 kids.... siong man. and their outings are frequent. almost every other month.....

sy
all the hidden cost that we didnt expect.somemore her sch alway ask the parent to Sponsor whenever theres any event.so meaning that we pay + we buy .so wat are we paying for ?

my house is very noisy now,don know that doing external painting also need to do knock and drilling. despite the noise ,no 2 still can continue to sleep.

morning all..

i have to pay $15 per kid for their sports day! and $65 for my older boy's concert.. N1 no concert.. and $25 for concert DVD.. if i have to pay for 2 would be like $155 just for their concert..

the school didnt even ask leh.. mroe like expected to participate?

the extra $$ ... more to come as they get older

it also depends on the school our kids are in.

PCF has lesser activites that need $$. After i put my boy in CC, more of these.

As for my gal in P1, I dun really bother liao ... just pay since is for selected students only.

The one I fear most is those overseas excursion
sad.gif
*shivers

Haha I sure opened up a topic eh?

For K2 is compulsory participation. For the other classes, it's "optional but recommended"

When there are outings we pay extra too, anything from $8 to $20 per person. Sometimes we go, sometimes not, depending on venue.

I'd like to know how school organised activities are. Anyone care to share? For poppy's school it's always the same. They expect all the kids to sit down and sing songs or watch the older kids perform, then there is a parent contest (which the kids sit thru too) and today, a lantern walk where all the kids walked with their lanterns and question marks above their heads

It's always loud, noisy (think loudhailer + kids crying) and chaotic. And it always makes me wonder "gee, these are planned by people who work with kids all day long. Don't they know kids can't sit still for an hour?". The younger ones are either crying or stoned or running around. Poppy so doesn't do well in situations like these so we spent most of the morning in her class, just chilling and reading.

I'm so tired and dizzy from all that racket!

Anyway.

Cellow
I thought you'd be attending alone with C2 so didn't want you to carry so many things so didn't bring your cushion along, sorry. Next lunch ok?

Hullo, guess all the active mummies are at Romulus now
happy.gif

Wow to school activities and their cost! So far I have not had to pay for any of my boys' school excursions. It's probably included in the misc. fees. Gosh childcare centres seem to be a lot more expensive in every way huh.

youpi,
awfully chocolate does a good dark choc cake.
cedele also does a good choc truffle cake.....

pb,
that's ok. no one in my immediate family is pregnant
happy.gif
keep the doughnut cushion until the next lunch

previous owners and their mail
it's been a year and 4 months since i bought this place, and yet the ex-owner still has lots of mail coming here. and it's not even like one-off promotional mailers, some are regular mail items which are sent from the same companies monthly.

i just drop them off on this security guard auntie, who will call her to pick it up. but she hardly comes, so half the time i have to hear the auntie grouse about the growing stack.

is it mean if i just start writing 'return to sender' and returning all of them? a bit mean hor. but it's been sooooo long. and i really don't want to face grouchy auntie every time i open the mailbox. sigh.

cc and costs
pomfret's cc covers everything except for excursions. but then it's $600 a month for 3 hrs a day. and every month she brings back a bag full of odds and ends she did for crafts.

but i just got a letter from her kindy for next year, and it's got all sorts of stationary costs and enrichment costs, and new uniforms. gah. suddenly i thought i'd better take up a part time job.

educating kids are a serious financial hole.

okay after a few bimbo posts i remember what i really wanted to ask

CDA
if i opt to use CDA to pay for her schooling, then when the few hundred from the govt is used up, i just have to keep topping up the account myself right? like a 'checking' acct for her?

dustee
yes,that cda a/c will act as a paying account.

if i were u ,i will have put no such person or have shifted out.

me too leh,think of the education fee and also wan to enrol her to some music sch.thats a lot of $$.next year will be worst as didi also goes to sch.

phyphy, dustee,
i started to send back the old mail after one year. reckon tis long enough for the really really impt stuff to reach them.

CDA
in short dustee, yes. which reminds me that I havent opened the CDA for C1 yet.
and you are too smart to be a bimbo dear

sy,
you have another iherb email! but this time, tis abt payment
happy.gif
i think you undercharged me dear

Cellow
Thanks, will check out Cedele tomorrow. Don't like Awfully Chocolate cakes.

Dustee
Yo woman you are far from bimbo lah. Yes, CDA can be used and it is very convenient, especially since you can easily top it up via online banking. Re: letters - do you have the previous owner's contact? Why not call them to come and pick up the stack? Our home's ex-owner came by regularly for a couple of months to do that, on his own initiative. The promo mailers, dump.

Costs of raising kids
It gets higher and higher... I had to think hard about buying S a $10 watch.

Hello mummies,

Busy at new workplace..
No time to login!!!

Thanks everyone for ur well wishes..

Pb
I firmly insist no to e principal on e things i don want kayden to participate or purchase.
Only selected few then i pay..
If they wanna kick kayden out cos of it.. i will make a racket..
Cos their justification is weak..

They wanna organise an excursion to e health promo board for $20 and i told them i can bring him there myself and tour for free. Why would i wanna pay for transport to let him go??

For other excusrions, i just ggave e excuse, abt public liabilty. Cos kayden is a handful. And e school must be responsbile for their safety. And cos of e previous incident where kayden broke his head, they kept quiet..

Dustee
I moved for 3yrs and stil getting their mail..
I opened e cda for kayden and it takes a mth for govt to put e $400 in. And i realised he doesnt qualified for e matching amount scheme! Which means i don have to put money in if i don want to..

How was lunch?? I was so near yet cant go!!!

Smiggle
Where's your new office

CDA
Silly me. I forgot to send back the letter! My mind just registered "must open account by dec". Sent it off this morn with a very humble note of sincere apologies. I hope it still will be accepted.

I also read until blur liao. It means we can put $ in it until our kids turn 6 and at that point, govt will match dollar for dollar up till $6k is it?

Lunch
So nice meeting all you mummies again. Dustee, as always, laugh until my stomach pain with you. I think romulus is becoming a fast fav in my books! Cheap and good pizza! First time I finished a whole pizza by myself! Power ah!! (But youpi, I think S also finished his own the other day right?)

Btw sy
I tried poppy's nemo multivitamin and it's really yummy! She loves them too. Think I'll need to get more at the next order :D

What a hot hot hot morning! I'm contemplating just staying on the bus all day.

Oh remember the accident I told you girls about, that poppy and I witnessed? A couple of days ago the sign came up, seeking witnesses and stating it was a fatal accident. Shudder

smiggle
wow u started at your new workplace so fast?

where is your new workplace?

yeah i think the health promo one a bit bo liao....$20 quite ex to go there. usually my kids' excursion to zoo etc is also $20 and that one can still understand cos got tickets...

cellow
did i?? haha ok let me go and check.

re cost of raising kids
yes it just keeps going up and up! i just paid anothe $36 for some mosaic workshop in sch for both kids. actually i dun mind them going for everything with the sch. at least it's an experience and they dun feel so left out?

pb,
for our firstborns, since they missed the 17 aug 2008 cutoff, gahmen is only giving them $300 or $400 one-off into the CDA account. Budget 2011 measure announced in Feb this year. no matching up to 6k etc etc

PB
haha usually gummies are quite yummy. the only one that i got that wasn't too popular with the kids was a chewable. jx totally avoided it n jh had to be forced....

smiggle
that's really near vivo!!

there's nice food ard there. i used to work at lower delta and we will walk to the hawker centre nearby for nice cheap food.

SY,
Pai seh. Just saw the amount for my sour gummies 47.83. Will transfer to you tonight when I'm back home. Oh, those sour gummies are soooooooo goood! I fear I will eat them as normal sweets myself. Got to resist.

PB
Just ordered from Cedele this afternoon, but thanks for the tip, that'll be for the next celebration, hehe!
happy.gif

And yes, S finished the entire pizza by himself. It was good huh? I didn't get to try.

Youpi
Enjoy your cake!

Multivitamin
Today I gave her the gummy and she held on to it for a long time so I asked her why. She said "mama there's so much sugar. Can you take it off pls?" Hahahaha. Guess I'll be converting to other vitamins in my next iherb order. And till then, guess who has to be washing sugar of vitamin gummies?

Oh must tell you girls something! I think I have a mini stalker! But it's quite funny. In a slightly creepy way. We often talk to the other parents and caregivers in sch and one boy's father in particular, everytime he sees me, he always makes a mention of my blog. Every conversation has "I saw on your blog that..."

While I'm flattered, I can't help but feel a little creeped out. He's like one of those shy quiet guys who probably had a secret crush of samantha fox in the 80s and had a large stack of her posters hidden under his bed. Yikes.

How is it weird? Um first of all he's the only dad I know who reads a parenting blog. And secondly I so wouldn't like it if my own husband were an avid follower of another woman's blog. See? Or too sensitive?

PB,
Eh. Who ask you to have such an interesting blog? Haha.

SY,
Super super nice la. Because it's sour, the sugar makes it just nice!

True story:
While we were chilling out at a restaurant/bar the other day, Declan met a little girl (turning 3 in Oct). So naturally, we told him to go say hello to the Auntie and Uncle and introduce himself to the little girl. After a few failed attempts (shy la, this boy), he managed to do it. When he came back, hubby jokingly said "Declan, why didn't you get her number?".
2 min later, Declan went over and we heard a faint voice saying, "What's your number?".
I was SOOOO pai seh la! Ai yo!

pb
with fame comes great responsibility! (or hordes of stalkers.....) well, just always smile and try to end conversations with him in 5 secs flat with a 'i better check on poppy' hahaha

well, i remember doggiebb also had blog fans who went up to her to say hi? (when they recognized the two mini Ts) and sometimes they are also the hbs? so don't worry about that, but if your instinct says siam, then better siam.

stalker
i, weird that i am, and weird that my social circle used to be, have had friends who've stalked other pple just by what info is posted on social media and blog, so yes, you have to be careful about posting details that could lead to pple finding out addresses and schools and all that.

hmmm, so even posting what plants are just outside your gate could give stalkers hope you know?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH on mr bbp teaching declan how to chat up girls!

pb,
yes slightly creepy. go with your instincts and dun talk to him so much. and remove him fm friend list on FB (if you already 'friend-ed' him)

youpi,
is the choc cake nice?

speaking abt stalkers....
C1 is coughing a bit and i asked his teacher this morning pls not to put him under the air-con (but i seriously dun know the exact location where he sleeps). the teacher quite cavalierly said oh a lot of children r coughing this week since the week. so... eh... what is she saying? is she or is she not gonna put C1 directly under the air-con..... methinks i should turn on my inner stalker to check out EXACTLY where he sleeps in school. :p :p :p
anyway, tis not stalking when tis my own kid rite.

(dream only la, i have a lunch meeting today, hence in the office)

PB
sounds a bit weird that this father is so on about parenting blogs! if u feel uncomfortable, maybe just talk to him less.

Poppy is so funny! i think my kids would jump at the sugar esp JH!

bbp
Declan is soooo cute! the parents of the little girl must be charmed by him!!

cellow
the weather is quite cool today. if a lot of kids are coughing, maybe they shouldn't turn on the aircon?

Dustee
You are too funny. "Fan"? Hahahah.

But yeah I don't make the move to talk to him. Just nod and smile and say hi. He's the one who always strikes up conversations and I don't want to be rude. Maybe he just doesn't have any other topic...

He's ok la, just that I find it so strange he's so on about my blog :S

Lunch
Where: kko kko nara
When: 22 Sep 2011 (next Thurs)
Time: 12.00pm

1. mich
2. jace
3. doggie

who else? we have been having the most serious korean food craving since dunno when. lai lai lai! the more the merrier, so we can order more food!

pb,
more likely he doesnt have any other topic to talk abt.
mostly i just smile at the other parents when i drop C1 off at school.

doggie,
haiyooor. fried chicken is really really bad for my sore throat! plus egg might be in the batter. haiz. give it a miss this time. have fun fulfilling the korean food craving
happy.gif

no one buying from US website? qing? dor? help help.....

Cellow
Sometimes tough, esp on sch outings mah. And he stays quite near us so has offered to give us a ride on a few occasions.

Dustee
Omg, that's quite scary, re the plants!

ooh! pb's got an admirer! *wink*

skipping babies' prom again this year, and going for elves and shoemaker instead..

different groups of friends been telling me about mugging incidents in italy.. making me have reservations now! and the temperature range is so great, I'm at a loss on how many layers to bring along now...

you da man, dec! picking up girls at this ginger age now.. early bird gets the worm LOL!

What's happening to borders? Closing down? (Suaku). The one at wheelock also hoarded up now!

Missing babies prom too
sad.gif

Canada trip update. Found a website that has great discounted prices for service apartments and we can get a decent one at a decent price at a decent part of town so for the first time, both BB and I were both excited about the same aspect of the trip. He was so on that he said "let's book it for a week!" Woohoo!

Anyone watch Just For Laughs? Hubby said whenever there is a scene of gags in the park, people falling into fountain or gorillas scaring joggers (that kind of thing), it's always filmed in the park near where we'll be staying haha. We might be Just For Laughs targets then

Yippee NOW I'm excited about this trip! It's not all gloom and doom after all!

C1 still remembers last year's babies prom, so I am def bringing him again this year. Now need to dig for the contact that I had last year.....

I rem I v buay pai seh last year, PM-ed a random mummy in SMH to ask her to pls pls pls do me a favour and buy for me. Yep she did..... amazing la... the kindness of strangers.

Cedele cake
Just collected (Real Dark Chocolate Cake) and will be indulging at lunch, update on taste tonight *drooling*

PB
Wah that's great! Now you can enjoy the trip! Re: stalker > yah lah, it's 'cos your blog is so interesting what
happy.gif
How did he get the url in the first place? I like this blog which is written by a daddy: http://cheekiemonkie.blogspot.com/ The kids are seriously active and the parents are amazingly sporting! They do all sorts of things and sometimes I get tired just reading about it!

Bbp
LOL! You have a budding Casanova on your hands, hehe. Learn from daddy huh ;p

sigh, there goes my hope of babies prom. my contact last year just texted me back to say she is no longer friending SSO, she gave up the card.

need to stand by a sistic booth come 26 sep 10am liao. maybe work fm home that day and linger around parkway. hehe. the things i do for the boys......

I've done it! I've finally done it!

I'm hosting my first ever craft party at an uber cool location (the red double decker bus at scape youth park!) on children's day!

It's called the Twirly Whirly Girly Party and it's (sorry) only for mums and daughters and (super sorry) best suited for girls aged 5-10. But I know you are all wonderfully nice mummies whoo will spread the word to all your friends with little girls aged 5-10 right? *flutter eyelashes until eyelids kena cramp*

We'll be making 2 girly girly things - 1) lip balm (oh yes! With flavours!) And 2) vintage button room mobiles. It's $35 per mum-daughter pair.

More details are on my FB page, and I will be advertising on SMH from next tue onward. So excited!

Thanks in advance mummies!

PB
sounds exciting!!! so it is on 7th Oct?

glad that your trip plans are going well! at least BB is excited about the stay at the apt too!

doggiebb
oh next thur i can't join. i got a date with my frens too.....
sad.gif

re babies prom
hmm, is it really interesting? quite keen to go.....

Back