(2008/06) June 2008

yo ladies!

soooo dun feel like working today..sigh!
sad.gif

mag,
i will pass you cash on sat as well. mine is $22.70 right?
happy.gif

crystal,
welcome back!! ;)

bonjovi,
take care ya?

re cereal,
think i will start on HT BR cereal tmr cos my boy is not that keen on his heinz rice cereal. hopefully he will like it cos seems like most babies do.

morning ladies...

lately alot of things happened in office, so I went missing from this forum.

My office has started a round of retrenching. mine is a small department. 5 of us only. 1 of us will be retrenched. She will be told this week. It means we will have more work to do between the remainder of the 4 of us. I should be thankful that I still have a job....

just some thoughts.. we really need to treasure what we have today. And even if we don't have a job, it's okay. Because we still have family. It's tough times like these that make me love my family so much more.

I'm going to start Matthew on some brown rice porridge on Sat. Then some veg puree on Wed. Then more veg on Sat. Planning to use Wed and Sat to start new foods, so that we can monitor for allergy... planning to start fruit later.. cos fruit can be sweet.. thinking of using pear puree, cos Ellysia shared that apple can cause gas in previously colicky babies.

For the past 5 nights in a row, Matthew started waking up about 1am to 2am. He would be in bed by 730pm, then sleep all the way until 1 to 2am. then he will flip over and over on his mattress.. and wake himself up. Then we need to rock him/pat him back to sleep. Then he will wake up again about 4am, then wake up about 6am. Any mommies with this experience? It is not really hunger because he tends not to want milk when he wakes up about 1am to 2am and 4am...but we feed him a little milk anyway...

I let my girl try cornflakes (blend with rice cereal, water, half scoop milk powder) at home and when at outside somestime I let her eat Rice Krispies.
hehe

crystal,
i was still tinkign abt u today leh..hehehe...

Theme for sat is Pink for Gers, Blue for boys =)..

how was ur trip?Ur ger must hv missed u lor..

bonjovi,
take care ya..Hope to see u on sat =)..

Mag,
paisei cos haven trf the payment to u cos so busy suddenly lor..hiaz..need to get these out, get that out, invoice this week etc...Making me crazy liao..haha..

Yo gals, hope u guys still remember me. Haven't been online to post since my birth of my son. Times flies and our babies are reaching 6, 7 mths already!!!!

My Keegen boy now feed on solid twice per day. He is now totally in FM after BF him for 6 mths. 8.3Kg now at 69cm long.

My weight actually drop quite significantly after stop breastfeeding!!! but need to work harder to shed another 10kg hai....

Tera,

mine dun really like HT cereal, he is more neutral preference. Usu after eating some time, he will look up and down and at the tv liao.. zzz.

*Warehouse Sale*

Gimmill - manufacturer of Carters, Oshkosh, The Childrens Place, Kmart, Walmart, Sears, etc..

Date: 19 dec - 21 dec
Operating hour: 9.00am - 8.00pm
Cash Only

Price range from $1.50 - $10/pc.

morning ladies...
haizz MIA for quite a while...catching up on the posts!

oh the gathering is this sat! excited...yet hoping my gal wun be cranky after her jab..

Hi Ellysia, I don't think it's due to teething. He already has 2 small bottom teeth. The top 2 are not erupting yet. When his bottom 2 teeth was starting to erupt, he would sleep badly and would wake up crying, even during his naps. But he doesn't wake up crying these nights. He would just wake up, flip around, roll over, then talk to himself or make sounds to let us know he is awake... initially, my mom suspected teething, but no improvement after we appyl teething gel. when his bottom 2 were erupting, he would refuse to go back to sleep even though we rock him/pat him. He would keep crying. After we apply gel, then he will quieten down, then sleep. but now, there's no crying leh.... also gel doesn't help. But he does fall back to sleep rather quickly. in 5 minutes. It's just that for us adults, waking up every 2 hours after 1 or 2am, is very tiring.

Usu after jab my boy will be cranky for few days. During the last jab, i dunno is it due to trauma or scare, he woke up suddenly in dream and cried v loudly like v scared like tat.

cactus,

Maybe it is growth spurt. he need more milk and bec he hasn't start on solids, he gets hungry more easily. 6mths will undergo a growth spurt which will last around 2 weeks.

I noted that when my boy is turning 6mths tat time, he also wake up more frequently at night to nurse.

If u apply teething gel and it didn't work, means it is not teething.

Ellysia, I don't think it's growth spurt. Because he will not drink milk when he wakes up. Instead, we just rock him/pat him for 5 minutes, then he will sleep again. I read about the 6th month growth spurt but don't think it really applies to him yet. His milk is stablised still. We'll see if things improve after this weekend, after we start him on porridge. Keeping fingers crossed! I really appreciate you trying to help!

Since last week when i started on the apples, then my boy start to have constipation and indigestion. it causes more air inside his tummy. Recent days are quite bad bec he doesn't go to sleep on time and our usual way doesn't work. Plus, he doesn't want his daddy and wanted me to carry. We apply ru-yi oil and feed him gripe water to help reduce the air.

cactus,

oic. maybe unexplained reason. or overstimulated during the day. or maybe too tired. bec too tired can also dun sleep well. it can be many reasons.

I read abt this separation anxiety which will occur around 6mths. my boy will start to cry whenever i walk away or he didn't see me. very chiam.

Felicia,
Ya lor. Now times different. No $$ really cannot give birth. LOL!

feifei,
My girl oso. Nowadays, if we try to rock her to sleep before her "time", she will scream and struggle like kena tortured. -.o"

Mag,
6.5 years! I try 10 months already feel so painful. All those temperature taking, BD-ing on alternative days.. I realised that I doted verymuch on my girl partially bcos she is that hard to concieve. As if we really "worked" for her. Hehe.

Tera,
Why is the sale so far away from me?? Sob, sob..

Tera,
wow, the sales looks good le..hmm..mayb we can dropby to the sales after sandra's hse..hehe..

Zuen,
hehe...nowadays, kids or bbs are smart..

Ellysia,
oh dear, then u msut be bery tired cos hor, hv to carry and rock him to sleep ..hmm..mayb he din poo often, tats y hv wind in his tummy?

Ellysia, I see.. thanks so much. I think bb sleeps alot during the day though.. haha! Cos we put him down for his naps rather quickly before he shows signs of being tired.

The sales looks good!! Any mommies been to this particular sale prevoiusly? Does it happen every year like the mattel sale?

<font color="03b6ea"><font face="Comic Sans MS">kids these day really are like prince and princess.. and think instead of become a queen.. sometimes really feel like a maid.. sob sob...</font></font>

ZuEn/Feifei,
Good idea, can drop by the sale after Sandra's hse! ;)

ZuEn,
U going to the gathering this sat? or not confirmed yet?

Mag: Ok! Will pass u $11.35 at Sandra's place on Sat!

Zuen: i bought it at $130, but if buy from overseas website, it will be ard $230 with shipping... heart pain..

Oh no.. how come lil zuen suddenly dun like the carrier.. i tried the carrier with sheryl n she likes the face front position.. but she dun like the face me position.. sit for 10min will cry le..

<font color="aa00aa">thanks gers for all your warm welcome.
happy.gif

Bonjovi,
Do take care pls. get well soon &amp; reai hope to catch up tis sat wif u….

Mag,
U bet, hb brought her to the airport to get me over the wkend &amp; since sun, she clings to me like a koala bear…kekeke…
Now y do I sound smug? LOL!!! It is a feeling I cant describe lar.
Btw, she seems to be able to call “ma…ma…” liao but my MIL keeps insisting tat my ger is calling “ah mah” instead of “ma…ma…” reai very pissed off wif my MIL on tat count. Like fighting wif me for my daughter like tat.

Feifei,
Kkekkekee…wow. So touched ley…
Hey, my ger doesn't ve much pinkie dresses or tops cos her mummy dun reai like red &amp; pink, is green wif pink bottom counted?
Trip was ok, run into a snow fall &amp; a failed engine on SQ on rtn flight, quite an adventure since I wasn't prepared for the snow fall &amp; failed engine, hence checking in all my winter clothes &amp; left wif oni a sweater on to battle the 0 degree celsius weather in germany for a bit…..
Yes, miss my lil darling badly but my hb manages to get a web cam for me to bring along just the day before I left, so he logged on faithfully nitely for me to c my ger, at least it helps a bit. Hb had been a darling in tat area.</font>

crystal,
so got reward him?hehe =)...Hehe..no prob lor, as long as hv pink lor =)..hehe...Ahyo, sounds so cold there le... ur ger so cute lor, cling onto u cos long time din see u mah =D..I also tink my ger knwos how to call ma le cos wkends i put her in walker, then i went to prepare her bath things, then she screamign in her walker, like calling "ma.....", then her arms open big big like wan me to carry lor...

Tera,
mayb we can go together...hee

Danryan,
hey ur one lucky woman with 3 kids. hehz...would wanna go for 3 too if im younger...

Felicia, tera, mag, feifei, crystal
thanks so much. m now flooding myself with water n juices. hope to get well soon too cos next week taken leave from work. already booked chalet and planned malaysia trip with parents.

anyone knows can take liang cha with western medicince. m desperated to get well.

crystal,
u dun sound smug lah. can imagine tt gwen must have missed u dearly. and,yr hubby is really sweet.

mag,
really agreed with what u shared. let's treasure what we have and thank God for the gift.

ellysia,
interesting!do u rem where u read about the separation anxiety cos kyler tends to be very sticky and want to be carried recently when he turns 6 mths. i kept thinking that mum's helper spoiling him.

crystal: welcome back.. heehee.. your ger so cute.. dun angry la.. i'm sure our bb know who is the mum n who is the grandma..

my ger still dun know how to say anything yet.. sigh..

bonjovi: do take care.. hope to c u on sat!

back from moo moo and lunch. just have lunch with my frens today.

feifei,

Ya so tired. Like yesterday, after i go home i finish sterilise all bottles for next day pump session, then i sit down on sofa awhile then he cry and dun want daddy to carry. then i have to pat him to sleep. then go back to kitchen to finish packing all bottles for next day. clear laundry cos weekend i left clothes in dryer. then i hand wash the 2 bibs and 1 romper dirtied by prunes and cereal. dog tired.

bon,

I read in some articles on 6 mths development. i see if i can find then post here.

feifei,

oh ya i tink is due to constipation. my MIL say the poo poo is like "yi Tiao" one string. Not one sprat like last time.

<font color="808080"><font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">Ellysia,
today my bb poo poo also 一(大)条(1 thick string), not like last time watery will leak kind, eventhough major part of his food is still breastmilk</font></font>

Six to Nine months is when separation anxiety begins as part of the normal development in young children. Ironically, it is that strong mothering bond that you have created with your child that gives rise to this stage in child development. The baby cries when mother leaves the room. He sees her absence as a terrible loss and this can frighten the child, who will then cry when mother leaves the room, crawl after her, or refuse to go to another person. This occurs since the child does not have the ability to realize that you will eventually return. He feels alone in the world.

Time is the ultimate cures for separation anxiety. It usually reaches its peak between ten and eighteen months and then disappears during the end of the second year. Soon, your child will understand that when you di go away, you always return. It is basically a learning experience.

In the meantime, here are a few things you can do.

Talk to your son when you first leaves the room and continue to do so while you are out of his sight. If he starts to fuss, call to him instead of running back in.
Play short games of hide and seek. Stand outside the room so the child knows you are there and call to him, letting him not that you are nearby even though you are not in his sight.
If he crawls to another room that you are sure is baby-proofed, do not follow him in right way; wait a few minutes before going in.
By gradually separating more and more, you will soon teach him that nothing terrible happens to him when you are out of sight. Start very slowly at first, and then separate more and more when you feel he can tolerate being away from you comfortably.

<font color="808080"><font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">Stay home mums,
can i ask how do you all entertain your 6 months old baby when he is awake huh?I dont know what to do, now that he cannot sit up on his own, and he just fell out from Bumbo seat last night, and dont want to lie down in his playpan anymore, i have to carry him all the time, he is very heavy now, arms aching</font></font>

Your baby's fear of being separated from you at night is very real for him, so you'll want to do your best to keep the hours preceding bedtime as nurturing and peaceful (and fun) as possible. In addition:

• Spend some extra cuddle time with your baby before bed by reading, snuggling, and softly singing together.

• If your baby cries for you after you've put him to bed, it's fine to go to him — both to reassure him and to reassure yourself that he's okay. But make your visits "brief and boring," and he'll learn to fall back to sleep without a lot of help from you. Eventually, he'll be able to fall asleep on his own.

Fennie,

Same! me also dunno wat to do with him. he cannot sit up well, so a lot of toys for sitter he cannot play.

Usually we alternate between letting him watch a bit of babytv, then put him on bouncer with toys hanging and let him have some activity time, then put on jumperoo to play awhile. Feed him solid food. Play peek-a-boo. Do sit ups with him.

recently my MIL create a game with him. my hb's sister will carry him then my mil will pretend to chase him while my hb's sis carry him.

another game i play is my hb carry him then i hide behind my hb and my hb will ask him where is mummy, i will appear at one side then call him, then alternate lor.

Fennie,

But i am not stay at home mum lah. i play with him when i take leave n stay at home take care alone, or when during weekends when my hb around.

i also sing lullabies then carry him to look at fridge magnet.

Ellysia:

Thanks for the info.. I have been wanting to research on the issue of separation anxiety..

Cos my ger will cry whenever she sees me walk away.. Sigh.. Even when i shout to her from far, she still cry.. She will onli stop when she can see me..

I even tried playing hide n seek with her.. HAahaa.. it was a very funny game loh.. when i hide, she cry, when i appear, she smile.. hahahaha..

Ellysia,
tks for the information..Tink my ger is having this anxiety now..cos at nite need me to carry her, then she sleep soundly..haiz, then my mil can carry her upright, tell me she dun wan to sleep..So yest i showed her, bb wants to sleep de..no wonder when bb din see us in e living room, she will cry and make noise lor...

Now i play this game with my ger, I will sing shan zhi lao hu, then let her play with my finger,showed her where is nose, mouth, eyes and ears by pointing to hers.. also teach her how to hi-five lor.then she will smile all e time so cute lor..ehehe..Then i would recite A for apple, b for boy, c for charlotte, d for daddy etc to her and she will look at the alphabet wallchart =).

<font color="aa00aa">Bonjovi, which part of Msia you're planning to go?
I was thinking to go for a short trip next year June, tats when my ger is 1yr old. hehe... Super kiasu mum!
Btw, i think better dont take your medicine with liang cha, not use will have any side effect or not.</font>

fennie n ellysia:

i will let my ger play her gym, put her in the rocker n let her play with her toys, bite her teethers, read books to her (both eng n chinese books), watch tv with her (she more interested in advert cos they move fast, i think), take naps..

i will oso bring her for short walks downstairs..

my ger oso likes to see the washing machine when its moving.. my washing machine is the front-load kind so she can see the clothes inside rolling.. hahahaha..

so i will bring her to go see the washing machine.. yaya.. my ger likes the fridge magnets too..

On the topic of separation anxiety, just want to share that playing the peek a boo game is quite useful. Also, continue to bring our bbs out to meet people. It's a normal developmental milestone and the anxiety will go away slowly after the bb is 1 year old.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">leng Leng, you make feel sleepy oso liao!
Luckily is goin to be time for moo-moo, then can relax a bit and take a nap while moo-moo.
biggrin.gif
</font>

gd afternoon mummies!
happy.gif

<font color="119911"><u>re gathering this sat</u>:

feifei,
will sms u to get some information on the catering okie
happy.gif

mummies,
pls take down my hp no. (8125 9872) in case u need some help wif the direction to my place..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">crystal,
welcome back..
happy.gif
was just thinking abt u n then i see ur posts..</font>

Hi Fennie, apart from carrying my boy, I will carry him when seated so it's not so tiring. I will keep him entertained with board books, peg shaped puzzles and activity books. So it's like he's on my lap, seated, and face outwards. I bring him for walks to shopping malls, library and park. If I'm accompanied, I bring him down to play bubbles (1 person carry him, another blow bubbles). I am hesistant to let him watch tv now. Trying to hold it off till he is 2 years old... :p It's tough loh.. very tempting to let him watch tv. My dad bought My baby can read! series.. but we're not letting him watch yet. So far, we've not bought a walker or jumperoo or playpen yet. So alot has to do with holding the baby. It's tough but enjoyable. Matthew is able to sit up well on a soft surface unsupported. If on a hard surface, we need to hold one arm. He loves to stand up, so we also support him under his arms. He can play for a couple of minutes on his tummy by himself with toys, or else, on his back(eat his toes).

Back