(2008/05) May 2008

winnedy,
thanks for the lead on the fisher price yr end sale...by then, most of our babies will be 6 to 7 months so more toys will be suitable for them.
happy.gif

Morning ladies...

Winnedy,
Tks for the infor on the sales...HOpe can grab something cheap and good =)..hee

Buttercup,
So did u order the tummy shaper?

How does the weaning pots looks like? Could it be ur boy is sensitive towards someting?

Jer,
I let my ger take one scope of frisocream and then FM for lunch, then one scope of heniz and FM for dinner...WAnted to let her eat brown rice but afraid she can't digest well so still did not let her try..

Oh ya... i using borderlinx...and the total volumetric weight for jumperoo is 10.5, so shipping is USD 50.50..

hehehe..now waiting for my last item to reach then i ship back to my home lor... yeah!

buttercup ,

hahah ...Jorel is like that ...every 2 days i got to trim his fingers ...and nowadays try to trim very difficult as he tend to move around :p

Last night i reached home from work he got one on his nose too

morning ladies. its FRI!!! yippie!!! =)

chobits,
thx. will b mindful n be careful during the learning to walk stage =)

tracie,
hw old was ur gal b4 u let her try Honey Stars?? oops. so chemical warmer is out...so wat u planning to do? nt possible to bring the warmer out lo...y isnt there a warmer in the mkt tt can be battery operated? at least it makes travelling easier.

jer,
hahaha. u like to tease ur #1 ho? =P wah~ u have v gd parenting skills le when i get preg with #2, i will follow ur method =) hopefully damien will be a understanding and good korkor like ur #1 =) the gerber star bsicults has too favour rite? 1 original and 1 banana?

ant,
hahahha. so cute the way u describe ur hubby when aldan poo =P but then i think most guys are like tt rite? when my boy poo, my daddy n bro also says so smelly then keep a distance but then keep laffing at my boy for having smelly poo -_-''' ehhehe. isit co aldan dun like to wear socks? i know damien dun like to wear socks but no choice le, sometimes the shopping centres so cold..if dun wear his feet will be v cold...nowadays they like to put anything they can grab hold of into their mouth ho? yest i left 10bucks on the flr besides the mat then went off to do sometimes, when i came back i note the 10bucks was on the mat and is wet! that means my dear damien has been putting it into his mouth!!! EEKS..so dirty! i hope he dun fall sick frm "tasting" the note...tml bringing him for the last 6-in-1 and the last rotavirus oral med...hope he will be fine...

winnedy,
thx for sharing the fisherprice warehse sales =) is Lok Yang Way at the Loyang Industrial Park or nearer to the Pasir Ris Down town east??? Sorry ah, Jo & me got the tablemat from Robinsons liao. =P I understand from the Robinsons staff that they are having 20% sales but nt applicable storewide..mayb u can try getting it from there. however, if there are 12 mummies (minus jo & me) who are still interested in getting the mat for $30 each, I can still help to get the items frm the supplier. =) let me know ya =)

choc,
so 1kg abt $4.80..hmm..u make me so tempted to get the learn n groove musical table, brightlings station and push walker online!!! hehehe.

jo,
u can wait for jorel to fall aslp then trim his nails. easier to trim then when they are awake. i attempted to trim damien's nails when he is awake, he keep staring at the scissors and even wanna snatch from me =(

choc,
the brightling station is PERM out of stock as stated on Leapfrog website. think they are going to obsolete this toy soon. I cant find this at babycenter too. only manage to find it at amazon..think i better act fast to avoid disappointment. =P Sg selling way too ex liao.

Felval,

Lok Yang Way is almost near to Tuas, not Loyang Way that is near to Pasir Ris, so which means quite near to our work place. I shall be going down to the warehouse sales, and if you want, i can fetch you and we can make use of lunch time to go for it.

BTW, are you getting the musical table and chair, i am keen leh, either Fisher Price or Leapfrog also can.

Felval- he only started to pull his socks when he noe hw to grab things! Nw hv to bring extra pair in case he suck until so wet n hv to chg! Aiyo, damien tasted the note!! Nw anything n everythin they also put inside their mouth. Aldan likes to suck the seat belt when we put him in his car seat! Ytd my mum was askin me hw cm I hvnt gv him porridge to eat, no wonder he like lose wt! told her I wan to wait til 6mths since he gt sensitive skin. She said I didn’t gv no wonder his skin lidat! Wah lao, wat kind of reasonin is tat!! Kept sayin 4mths can eat porridge liao, I stil dun wan to gv. I dun wan to argue w her, jus walk away.

Jo- wah u can trim jorel’s nails when he’s awake?! I find tat an impossible mission. So usu I do so when aldan’s aslp or when I latched him. Tats the best time liao. haha

dolly,

the musical table from Fisher Price (fp) and Leapfrog are both very similiar le...

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/learning_toys/learngroovetable.html

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pcat=bulnl&pid=45350

i think i will go for the leapfrog...this is under offer till 31st oct =)

ant,
i always forget to bring an extra set of socks =( then when he kick his socks off i dun let him wear anymore but i use a shawl to cover his legs. ya la, he tasted the note lo....=( kena said by my mum for putting the note on the flr...hahaha. ur mum logic v cute le...old ppl. my mum also says last time she let us take porridge b4 we hit 6mths..mayb we are more well-read now so are firm in our decision. =)

wah! latch hw u trim???? lying position?

felval- she alwz like to say until like i duno hw to take care. rashes on his body, she also say me, nw say he like lose wt =(
no la, i trim him while latchin him when i sit on the sofa. i use the breastfeedin pillow so both hands free lor. hehe

Felval ,

I try to do during when he nap but he very light sleeper cannot touch him loh .

Ant ,

i also trim him when latching if he is very concentrating in sucking ahahah ...

If not my MIL got to distract him by playing with him then i trim loh ....nothing is easy to me ...sigh !!

Re: haenim play yard

i remembered someone did put the website in the forum on where to buy.

anyone can advise the website address again?

where can i get a good deal for that?

thanks!

winnedy,
toyrus selling at 89.90 ah? is there any sales on going at toyrus? 89.90 is sales price or non-sales price ah?

Re:tablemat
jo & me got the last 2 mats liao. haahhaa. stock expected to come in next week *machim i am like their staff can tell u like tt.hehehe* mayb u call up n ask them if they still have the mat? i dun dare to tell u yes or no coz the ans the staffs gave me is inaccurate! best thing is to be there physically n see.

winnedy,
you can get the play yard from kiddy palace (only 4 panels) or you can call winnie from cheong choon @ 65323855... she can sell you 6 panels at $195(includes delivery as well)

ant,
mayb our mums still take us as kid lo. tts why say we duno hw to take care. my mum says me tt then i will say i learning now mah. dun learn hw to know. =P wah! u gd la, latch n trim at the same time can save time. =)

jo,
wah! u gently touch him he will wake up ah? lucky i can still trim damien while he slps..if nt i duno hw to trim for him when he is awake lo...i dun wan him to grab the scissor n if he cant grab he will fuss...ok. i go see where cheaper *aft discount + mem discount* then update u gals =)

felval,
i tested putting a bottle of chilled water into my Tiger porridge flask and added hot water. Can warm up the milk in 15-20mins. I'll be using this method. UK Mothercare and i tink other brands do have portable warmer to attach to the cigarette lighter of the car. Dunno why such things not avail in Singapore. Philips used to sell such a warmer many years back but no longer do.

Re: Fever
Duncan suddenly had fever this morning 38deg. Prob got infected by my gal's virus cos she having cough. So brought both to PD this morning and PD said most prob viral fever. Till now, still going up and down. He din poo yesterday also.

PD say can go on the trip, no problem. Took his weight, only 7.2kg leh, so light for 6months baby.

Oh ya, and when i got back to MIL's, i also got fever and now on MC. :S

winnedy,
89.95 is nett, member card no further discount. i think if robinsons 20% is applicable on this toy, its cheaper to get frm robinsons. =)

tracie,
wah. then u nd to bring a big bottle of hot water? at least u found an alternative. hehehe.

oops! looks like the virus is passing ard...i hope ur gal, Duncan n u will recover fast and enjoy the malacca trip ya =)

Tracie,
oh no .. Duncan kena viral fever, poor thing ... maybe you can boil some barley water for him ? this is what i do when rayden got fever, and now once a week, my mil will also boil barley for rayden, scared that he will get too heaty as he is drinking FM now. Not too much, he will only drink like 30ml

felval,

i think $89.90 is sale price. the yellow paper price....

i called isetan, robinson, taka, all no sell

i find out alot cos my SIL want for her daughter as 1 yr old present...

Hello mummies, so many of you got passport for your babies liao. So fast. Hehe.. Seems like doesn't have to wait very long for that. Good good. I also trimmed my boy's nail when he's awake and he will try to take the scissors and make alot of noise. Haha.. Then hubby will help distract him and hold his hands away. My mum more power, can cut his nails when he's awake and do that alone!

Tracie, I have seen the portable bottle warmer before in Taka. It's selling quite expensive. US is much cheaper. Was thinking to get that initially until I read some reviews online and realise that it might not work at all or might work too well to the extent that it will melt the bottle. So hubby don't want to get liao, play safe and stick to the hot water method. Hehe.. So think save the money and use hot water instead ba, safer. Tracie, how come Duncan fever. Aiyo, let him drink more breastmilk. My boy recently also got cough and that time runny nose, I also down with cold. Recently alot of virus spreading plus the weather is so bad. You take care ya.

felval, you buying so many toys for Damien. Haha.. I also feel like buying the brightling station. Hmm.. Babycenter don't have liao ar. That time I saw leh.

choc, amazon got charge tax for shipping to borderlinx office? 10.5 kg is cheap, I was charged 13.5kg then.

Re: Hair loss
My hair is still dropping alot after almost 6 months. Sigh.. Thinking of using hair loss products liao. Sad. My hair very little to begin with.

tracie,
amk hub, mum n bebes, got sell the muckin btl warmer with car adaptor. it wrap ard type, so no worry on water spillin out, like the philips. but quite ex.. think ard 50....

choc,
10.5kg, consider quite light leh. hehe.. going to vpost website to estimate how much. think will be much more x.

felval,
The learn and groove table is so nice. haha.. so tempted to get one too. haha.. so many toys to buy.

cheri..no tax for amazon to ship to borderlinx leh... ya..consider light..yeah...

i let u all know again ya...waiting for my lansinoh milkbag to come in b4 i shipped everything..shld be cheap lar..HAHAA

mummies,
a breakdown of my jumperoo..
jumperoo= 64.99USD
shipping= 45.80USD
total ard 166-170SGD

Lansinoh milkbag..
lansinoh=41USD (8pkt of 25pcs)
shipping=14USD
total=82
not bad leh..1 box is ard 10.20... yeah!
was expecting very exp shipping fee leh..but heng man... it wasnt at all..so its worth to ship in urself ba then to join spree

anyone still doing any spree on milk bags?
tot of getting some on standby
mine about to finish liao...

btw, does any babies here recognises house?
my boy keep crying when i bring him back to my parents house.
i have been bringing him back once every week
but recently for 3 weeks liao, he kept crying and sticking to me...

icebubbles,

Me too. I brought him over every wk oso.
My son oso cry when reach my parents hse. He even cry when my parents carry him. Signz.. My parents are upset over it. =(
It started since he turned 4mths old.

Hi icebubbles, I'm organising a milkbag spree cos my milkbag finishing soon.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1809905.html?1224895078

icebubble, faye
My boy will recognise ppl and place liao. In the evening, when he sees us, he knows it's time to go home. Then his last feed is usually at home one so if we try to feed him at my mum's place, he won't take but when go home, he will drink immediately. But if we go out, must make him sleep liao then can feed him if not he don't want to drink also. haha.. We bring our boy out very often so when he meet other ppl, he won't cry one unless he's tired/hungry. So till now not so bad la, though sometimes when go other ppl's place he will cry but after a while, he's alright liao. I think it's normal for them to cry when they see unfamiliar ppl at this time, can't help it one. So my mum always say must bring my boy out to see see look look then he won't be scare.

winnedy,
hmm...robinsons replied my email that they do carry the musical table @ Raffles City outlet...

cheri,
ya..i am in early christmas mood so wanna get alot of things lo. hehehe. my hubby says i am a complusive shopper =P hmm..i search for the exploration station in babycenter and cant locate it anymore le. nvm. i go try again ba.

chobits,
i like the musical table lo, v interactive. nowadays the toys so diff from our times. our times v little electronic toys, mostly those rattles toys. now u see the toys we get for our kids mostly electronic types and are interactive. hehehe. somemore my mum was telling me nowadays parents buy toys like its FOC, last time a few toys can last the kids for so long. hehehe.

choc,
WAH!!! gd exp for a first time exp =) agree tt the shipping fee arent tt ex. i think for some sprees, the organiser markup alot tts why we always think shipping fee is ex...

RE: baby recognising ppl/place
my boy will smile at strangers too if they play with him or make funi faces at him...faint man....duno he recognise the ppl or nt...hopefully one day he will nt smile at strangers. hehehe. i am a weird mummy ya =P

anyway, brought damien for his 3rd 6-in-1 jab today and last dose of rotavirus oral med. Hopefully he dun develop any fever or fall sick...He currently weights 8.4kg and height at 67cm. Next assessment will be on Valentine Day 2009 when he is exactly 9mths old. Hopefully he will weights more than 10kg then. whahaha =P

faye,
m boy also started abt 3 weeks ago.
when he was 4 mths old

but when we bring him out for shopping,
he can smile at strangers de
so sad loh.

felval, you funny la. Christmas then want to buy alot of things? Haha.. For me, I think no season one, always feel like buying something for matthias. Just spree on GAP tuxedo bodysuit for him. LOL.. Haha.. your boy cry when see stranger will be normal la, but if see grandparents how? Hehe.. How come your boy 5 months old take the 3rd 6-in-1 liao? I thgt it's 6 months old? Wow, he's 8.4kg liao ar? That's really big(considering both your hubby and you quite skinny) lo though you kept saying he didn't drink much. How many feeds he take a day? My boy haven't even hit 8kg but his height think more than 67cm liao. Hmm.. Maybe too much jumping in the jumperoo so burn off calories. LOL.. Btw, robinsons got the activity table cheaper ar? Saw it in Toysrus yesterday. Still thinking to buy or not. Haha..

icebubbles, if you want 1 or 2 boxes, it's fine also. Just let me know lo.
happy.gif

felval...yalor..some spree organiser realli mark up alot..esp the babymall online one..i banned one of the person from my list liao..will never order from her again..

hehe..now i noe the milkbag is onli abt 10bucks per box...so my usual kaki didnt mark up much lar... heng man

choc, felval, agreed some spree organiser mark up alot so that's why in the end, I did my own spree instead even though really hard sometimes to coordinate.

choc, the milkbag usually cost around 10 dollars with international shipping. but there was once i got it quite cheap cos amazon use the box just nice one. Though most of the time, they use a box which is bigger and put the airbubble inside. so also see heng or suay lo.

so how is the jumperoo? set up already? raphael likes it or not?

Fri brot aldan for his last 6 in 1 jab, thkfully no fever.. he nw weighs 8.5kg n 72cm tall. Nurse says his ht is in the 90% percentile. later bringin him overseas for the 1st time! haha.. gg in jb.. n ya, my af has reported!!! So sianz.. I hate the crampy feelin =( no wonder my ss dropping. sighz

Lisa- tink it’s both n cld b eczema too cos my hb has it. Hv to keep applyin the cream for him. it cm n goes… haiz…. Ur bb also hvg rashes?

Tracie- hope u all recover soon! Enjoy ur trip! =)

Felval- our boys’ wt v close! Hehe… ur nxt visit is hearin test rite? I heard once they start crawlin, wil lose wt de.. we shall c =)
Talking abt shoppin, ytd I bot his 1st levis jeans! Hehe… comes in a set w jacket n 1 tee. Worth it leh =)

cheri.. yalor...tt babymall online organiser.. i die also wun order from her liao..grrrr..

hahaa..end up my towel so exp.. =(

jumperoo havent reach...coz i last min add in the milkbag mah... so i tink middle of next week will arrive.. i am so tired of holding my boy when he jump...somemore jump on my tummy... hehee

linda,
ya. he took his 3rd 6-in-1 yest when is he 5mth 1 week and 4days old. the next 6-in-1 will be the boaster jab at 18mths. 15mths there will be another compulsory jab *forgot wats jab is that*. next mth i will start him for his 1st dose of pneumoccal jan *total 3 doses*. hmm...i was told frm 6mths onward the growth will slow dwn...so duno 3mths time he will be 10kg not, considering the slower growth rate and when they bcum more active they will burn more calories...

cheri,
no la, normally i always buy alot of things for damien...especially in oct, first 2 weeks only i already spent a few hundreds on clothes, food jar, the mat and toys..kena nagged by my hubby and my parents =P...christmas got more reasons to justify the purchases =) like festive seasons in the mood for shopping coz more sales and got bonus =P Damien DUN cry when he see strangers la. he will even smile at them when they smile n play with him, i headache sia...He sees my parents he will be v excited, will laff n kick non stop till my parents say they cant carry him for long coz he keep kicking till their arms so tired =P Mayb i start my boy early on the 6-in-1? I duno le, yest we brought him for the 3rd one and he is 5mths 1 week n 4days old...yes, finally he crossed the 8kg mark, i was so relieved when i saw the scale tipped more than 8kg =P That day i calculated, from morning 8am till 630pm when he is at my mum's place he drank only 300ml. We feed him every 3hrs or when he cry for milk, whichever is earlier.I think he managed to gain the weight frm the latching sessions? morning latch him b4 i go wk, evening come hm i latch till the next morning i leave him with my mum lo. nite times at least latch him twice la. so mayb tts where he gain the weight from =) hahaha. too much jumping for Mattias = he always grow taller *thanks to jumping* yup. the staff at Robinson told me they carry la.

choc,
i also encountered one...i paid a few extra $$ per item...i buy liao then i know...in the end i also banned tt person liao. hehee. think ur kaki value the friendship tts why didnt markup too high to chop u. imagine if ur kaki mark up alot n chop u...wat kind of friend is tt rite?

ant,
wah! aldan's height is 72cm!!!! that is tall! damien only 67cm and he belongs to the 75%...i thot he is rather short lo *like hubby n me arent tt taller* i have to keep a few of his clothes liao coz too small n tight for him liao. yup, the assessment and the hearing test at 9mths =) woo! where u got the levis set frm? spree or levis outlet? i got a levis jeans for him online but too long for him liao, need to keep till he is older. i got quite a few pieces of clothes for him and guess wat my mum n hubby say? can keep for cny liao -_-'''

choc,
ya lo. i also v tired of holding my boy when he jumps, he also like to jump on my tummy n then my breasts....so pain...these few days he likes to BITE my nipple with his toothless gum...so pain...cant imagine hw pain it will be when his 2 pearly appears...=(

aft damien has his oral med for rotavirus, he poo more n his stools are watery and smells weird...i hope he will be well soon...

Back